Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

Mine came with the 3 iron. It was my longest club for quite some time. I like it but it's not as easy to flush as the fli hi 2. I have a one and two iron in MP 29. They were a find.

I saw a set recently of MP-14s from 1-PW with DGX100s, which is my staple shaft. Gawd, I was tempted...

The reason I mentioned the MP-33 1i is that it will probably play closest to your MP-4s. Others here may correct me on that as I don't have a ton of playing experience with the MP-33s, but to me the two sets are not dissimilar.

I saw the set of 1-PW MP-14's. I think there is a beat up set going for a sizable amount and also a pristine set going for too much money. Aimed at tiger fans I guess. No way.

Thanks for the tip on the MP-33 1iron. I will look into it. Not that I particularly dislike my MP-29 nor do I consider myself talented enough to be super discerning. I'm just happy to have a great set of clubs and be able to use them somewhat effectively.

Alright so I made an appointment with fitter/club builder around here who sells Miura, he also carries Epon, KZG, Bridgestone, Hogan and Calloway. Not interested in any Calloway's but are there any other new offerings I should be looking at? Not in love with Mizuno's line this year. No interest in the current Titleist MB's (just a personal thing with Titleist). Cobra and Srixion are ok.

What am I missing?

mallrat of that list and if possible I would try the Cobra King MB, Epon Personal IIs, Miura BB, Miura TB, new Hogan Ft. Worths and KZG ZO blades.

I am also with you about the mp5s and 716 MBs. I would take the mp4s or 714 MBs over either.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

mallrat of that list and if possible I would try the Cobra King MB, Epon Personal IIs, Miura BB, Miura TB, new Hogan Ft. Worths and KZG ZO blades.

I am also with you about the mp5s and 716 MBs. I would take the mp4s or 714 MBs over either.

Thanks.

Would love to find a set of Honma's to hit.

Anything i'm missing that is a new or newer offering?

All my golfing life dating back to late 70's I played forged blades. In 80's I loved the Golden Ram Tour Grind. Have set in my garage 1-SW. These used to cut turf like a butter knife and had a very very thin topline. I contribute these for my ball striking and single digit handicap. Now I am on MP 32 5-PW which feel absolutely great. had a short stint with eye 2's (great clubs) but not for me. I did not like KBS c-taper in 32's. Reshafting with the heavier shaft DGS300. The MP 5 look awesome and may be my next blade.

Stupid soft spot for the 716...I got my first birdie with that seven iron off a horrendously faded dog leg left...so yeah. jaded and partial.

Stupid soft spot for the 716...I got my first birdie with that seven iron off a horrendously faded dog leg left...so yeah. jaded and partial.

I would much rather have the 716 MBs over the mp5s. The 716MBs are fine from a design perspective. It's just that next to the 714 MB feel it is more harsh. The 714 MBs are the softest Titleist blades that I have ever tried. And I am jaded and partial to mp67s for similar reasons.

Registered Bladeocrat

Ok, now I'm being silly. Ordered a set of KZG for $190 off the bay. So I'll be using the fitting to get fitted to a shaft for those new heads. Now the silly part is I still have enough coin left over after those are built to order another set of good condition irons but might wait a bit. Also might go with something much older for fun. So in the span of 3-4 months I will have purchased 3 sets, a used but good condition set of MP 67's (an 8 / 10), a new built set of KZG's, and god knows what else I'll find. All that for what I had saved for a new custom built set of cavity backs. Plus I'll be replenishing some of the bank by selling 2 very good conditioned sets of cb's.

Life is pretty good right now.

Ok, now I'm being silly. Ordered a set of KZG for $190 off the bay. So I'll be using the fitting to get fitted to a shaft for those new heads. Now the silly part is I still have enough coin left over after those are built to order another set of good condition irons but might wait a bit. Also might go with something much older for fun. So in the span of 3-4 months I will have purchased 3 sets, a used but good condition set of MP 67's (an 8 / 10), a new built set of KZG's, and god knows what else I'll find. All that for what I had saved for a new custom built set of cavity backs. Plus I'll be replenishing some of the bank by selling 2 very good conditioned sets of cb's.

Life is pretty good right now.

A local clubmaker used to sell KZG's out of his little shop down on Virginia Beach Blvd. I was a hobbyist clubmaker at the time and would stop in to shoot the breeze with him. I tried a few of his demo's and liked them. I don't know what happened with him him. I drove by one day and saw that his little shop was being occupied by another business.

Alright so I made an appointment with fitter/club builder around here who sells Miura, he also carries Epon, KZG, Bridgestone, Hogan and Calloway. Not interested in any Calloway's but are there any other new offerings I should be looking at? Not in love with Mizuno's line this year. No interest in the current Titleist MB's (just a personal thing with Titleist). Cobra and Srixion are ok.

What am I missing?

the Srixon is mesmerizing, be careful.

Had a warranty issue with a set of KZG ZO irons in which chrome started peeling away after minimal use, less than 10 rounds. Set was purchased through a clubmaker that went out of business during the brief interim from purchase to the issue arising. When I spoke with KZG,customer service representatives were less than helpful, so I reached out to the president of the company, who in turn was the most unprofessional and disrespectful person I have ever had misfortune of dealing with from any business, going so far as to make accusation that probably purchased clubs from eBay, voiding warranty, even though told her had proof of purchase through said clubmaker, that was listed as an authorized source on their website. President of KZG was still unwilling to offer any assistance and proceeded to go on a tirade ?that was truly epic and quite humorous in its absurdity. I then reminded her that at various points before that, had also played the RBT driver, evolution irons, CHII fairway, and their 8802 style putter, all purchased and custom built from same shop ??and now, due to my experience with her, would never use or recommend another KZG product. Her response, "You do what you need to, and so will I!"? Got rid of all my KZG products immediately after that experience.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Just frittered money on a set of Maxfli Australian Blades TM-92 in what looks to be very nice condition. Last of the forged version, tastefully done.

#3-PW w/ DG S300 shafts.

Sexy clubs beckon. :)

That's not frittering money. That's brilliant buying. And you need to post pictures when you get them.

In fact, I think the people in the Classic Golf forum would enjoy those as well.

What is a good yet pretty cheap older set of blades? And I do mean pretty cheap.

I'd get into a set of older hogans only items to be aware of is the older shafts will not likely work for you then more work is needed and it can be done but a pain

Newer used irons where maybe you only need to worry about a grip change

Adams mb raw

99 Hogan Apex

Mp 33

Mp 14

Titleist 695mb

Titleist zm mb

Titleist 690mb 680 and 670

Titleist 90's tour model blades

Taylormade rac mb

Cobra s3 pro mb (I think that's the right name)

Titleist TS4 10.5 project x smoke 6.5
Taylormade m6 5 wood project x smoke 6.5
Titleist 910H (Diamana Blue 60S, 21degree)
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW s300
Titleist sm7 chrome (54, wedge flex)
Titleist sm5 raw (58, wedge flex)
Odyssey white hot #8 34"
Ball (donations found in the trees)
Titleist 4up stand bag
Nike TW20 

If anyone wants a older set of Titleist 80's model heads to play around or experiment with, I have these laying around. They have been rode hard and put up wet, but there is still some life left to them. I was going to put some recycled tapered tip DG's in them and tinker with length and lies, but I am going with the Adams GT's instead.

2-PW

If anyone wants them, just cover the cost of shipping and they are yours.

I sent you a pm

Titleist TS4 10.5 project x smoke 6.5
Taylormade m6 5 wood project x smoke 6.5
Titleist 910H (Diamana Blue 60S, 21degree)
Titleist 690.mb 3-PW s300
Titleist sm7 chrome (54, wedge flex)
Titleist sm5 raw (58, wedge flex)
Odyssey white hot #8 34"
Ball (donations found in the trees)
Titleist 4up stand bag
Nike TW20 

Just frittered money on a set of Maxfli Australian Blades TM-92 in what looks to be very nice condition. Last of the forged version, tastefully done.

#3-PW w/ DG S300 shafts.

Sexy clubs beckon. :)

That's not frittering money. That's brilliant buying. And you need to post pictures when you get them.

In fact, I think the people in the Classic Golf forum would enjoy those as well.

I most certainly will.

They were at a good price, $150 + ship, so not a big gamble, what really sold me was the pinned hosels, the machinist in me loved seeing that.

This is one of photos from ebay purchase I just made. Btw, way easier than doing it on iphone lol.

Wow. As a self-proclaimed 'Blade Whisperer', the instant I looked at those, I could tell they are going to be good. They look like the Aussie version of the baby blades. NICE SCORE!!! :good:

Registered Bladeocrat

oh hi guys!

can i play too?

i've been playing S56 for a long time, but have owned some VR Pros that i've occasionally used for fun. well, this fall i put them in the bag and i don't think the S56 are going to make it back. not sure if i'll stick with the VR Pros, as nike has hacked me off bailing on the hard goods.

i also have a set of 714 MB heads and some x100 shafts that need to meet each other, and i'm a big big fan of the 6i demo MP5 i hit last summer with X100 AMT. or i may try to find a used set of MP4s.

one issue i have is i'm a big 2i guy, not too sure how far back i have to go with Titleist or mizzy to find a 2i.

Don't let what Nike chose to do. I wish I still had my Vr Pros, best Nike ever made imho and welcome to the real golfer's forum?

oh hi guys!

can i play too?

i've been playing S56 for a long time, but have owned some VR Pros that i've occasionally used for fun. well, this fall i put them in the bag and i don't think the S56 are going to make it back. not sure if i'll stick with the VR Pros, as nike has hacked me off bailing on the hard goods.

i also have a set of 714 MB heads and some x100 shafts that need to meet each other, and i'm a big big fan of the 6i demo MP5 i hit last summer with X100 AMT. or i may try to find a used set of MP4s.

one issue i have is i'm a big 2i guy, not too sure how far back i have to go with Titleist or mizzy to find a 2i.

Just FYI you can get a 716 cb 2 from Titleist by order. Or to my knowledge the last true mb 2 iron likely the 695mb or for sure 690mb.

We have discussed but not confirmed that kzg are Kyoei heads. If that is the case, I can't see them being not better than most $800+ sets at the store. Even if not, my thoughts on them are the same.

Kzg is Kyoei.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

What is a good yet pretty cheap older set of blades? And I do mean pretty cheap.

I'd get into a set of older hogans only items to be aware of is the older shafts will not likely work for you then more work is needed and it can be done but a pain

Newer used irons where maybe you only need to worry about a grip change

Adams mb raw

99 Hogan Apex

Mp 33

Mp 14

Titleist 695mb

Titleist zm mb

Titleist 690mb 680 and 670

Titleist 90's tour model blades

Taylormade rac mb

Cobra s3 pro mb (I think that's the right name)

Not sure what you mean by "pretty cheap" but I picked up a set of Mizuno mp 67's in pretty decent shape (I'd say and 8 / 10; little to no face wear, no rock chips but a scratch on the sole of the 7 iron) that are easily playable for years to come for $230.

We have discussed but not confirmed that kzg are Kyoei heads. If that is the case, I can't see them being not better than most $800+ sets at the store. Even if not, my thoughts on them are the same.

Not sure what that means.

Are Kyoei heads any good?

yep.. Kyoei is the forging house that makes Vega ( their house brand) .... they literally make the softest forgings on earth.. dependig on whether you prefer soft or solid is when you choose miura or Kyoei... both are equal in quality.. I have owned several Vega sets and they are second to none.... Miura gets all the press...and rightfully so ..But Kyoei is just as good with a les concentrated branding .. They forge heads for many makers including Yururi, Vega, KZG, Royal collection, and several others.....When you build a new set of Miuras or Kyoei heads you get the same perfect weighting , tight hosel bore and consistant loft and lie readings right from the box... Thats why i say their quality is equal ....A part of me prefers Kyoei raw heads..there isnt a softer feeling iron ... But the Miura Small blade has a addicting solid feel if you get in a groove with it.... its hard to describe ... I think it has more to do with the size than the forging process ... i wish Vega would release a small blade in rusty form.. that would be an interesting treat.....

anyway sorry for the rambling answer... hope it made some sense somewhere

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

so i've only hit the VR Pro blades, and a demo MP5 ever.

i'm not so sure i don't like the VR Pro feel better than the mizzy. it's solid, like you just b**** slapped the ball. whereas the mizzy makes almost no sound at all.

who did the VR forging? who does the Titleist and the mizzy?

edit: i hate that there's an auto correct for t1tty into titleist

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 Speeder Evolution 757x
Titleist 917F3 13.5 Fuji Speeder Pro TS 84X
Mizuno MP4 3-P X100
SM7 50F 54M 58M S400
Bettinardi BB1
@protrajT