Blade users thread (NO DEBATING CLUBHEADS! NO Buy Sell Trade!)

Bigmean

These rust buckets....still love them though.

TM M3 - Diamana D+
TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc

I think I might have a heart attack if I ever saw my BBs that rusty.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

I recall the Adams MB2 being offered as raw finish only - and the rust to follow! They did put out a limited amount of tour-issued satin finish sets. You see those with 7 tungsten sole plugs vs. the 5 in them above post.

On a similar topic, I am eager to get into the Callaway new MB line coming in 2017. There's a thread or two on it in Tour & Pre-release forum. It is pointing to a raw finish, which I then would not want. Please Callaway make two finishes.

Part of my uber curiosity now comes from great success of 5 years with Razr MBs. The other thing is I really want a set of irons to field with Nippon Modus 120S shafts. The E Profile looks like an intriguing way to promote more of a sling-whipping action thru the ball. Currently enjoy Modus 125R in my Honmas - but that shaft profile, while solid and smooth, is very standard in its profile.

Also, I kinda want to have some more mid-wt. shafted iron options with those current Callies @ 115g the only one below 120g now.

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

My Hogan Apex (99) got the boot this summer. I don't play enough to hit them consistently in the dime sized sweet spot. But man, oh man, did I love those clubs!

Don't give up on the Hogans. Find some hogans of the same year in cavities and blend a set.

[b][color=#8b4513]Wyoming[/color] [color=#ffd700]Cowboys[/color][/b]

These rust buckets....still love them

I just picked up a set of these MB2's with DG Tour X100 shafts in near new(albeit rusted) condition for $149.00........I still feel dirty

Those MB2's are on my hit list as well... typically sets are rarely for sale and still going for ~£300 over here... let a set get away for £175 a month or 2 ago and have been kicking myself since, IMO a really beautiful unique looking set.. seen a few sets with a matching GW so 3-GW KBS C-Taper stiff would be ideal! The wait / hunt continues...

Anyone playing the Titleist Limited 100MB?

[size=3][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif][url="https://www.usna.edu/homepage.php"]Go Navy![/url]

[b][u]WITB[/u][/b]
Titleist 915 D4 8.5 Oban V430 6.5 75g
Titleist 915 F2 15 Rogue Silver 80S
Titleist VG3 18.5 JDM PX 6.0
Titleist 680 raw 4-PW Nippon MODUS 125S
Titleist TVD raw C-C 53 and Indigo SM5 58 DGTI
Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport Beach 340g 35"
Scotty Cameron MilSpec Gen2 330g 35"[/font][/size]

I recall the Adams MB2 being offered as raw finish only - and the rust to follow! They did put out a limited amount of tour-issued satin finish sets. You see those with 7 tungsten sole plugs vs. the 5 in them above post.

On a similar topic, I am eager to get into the Callaway new MB line coming in 2017. There's a thread or two on it in Tour & Pre-release forum. It is pointing to a raw finish, which I then would not want. Please Callaway make two finishes.

Part of my uber curiosity now comes from great success of 5 years with Razr MBs. The other thing is I really want a set of irons to field with Nippon Modus 120S shafts. The E Profile looks like an intriguing way to promote more of a sling-whipping action thru the ball. Currently enjoy Modus 125R in my Honmas - but that shaft profile, while solid and smooth, is very standard in its profile.

Also, I kinda want to have some more mid-wt. shafted iron options with those current Callies @ 115g the only one below 120g now.

LH single digit here. Love the Cally Razr MB's.... can't wait for the new MB's. Hopefully not in raw finish only. Second best club I ever played, original Golden Ram Tour Grind were fantastic

^^^ Looks like a 714/712 mash up! At least to my eye.

Looks like the original Nike forged blades, or the Bridgestone J15s.

Which would be fairly standard. Titleist likes to copy others. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Something that really surprises me being new to blades is how my misses are. I always thought the misses with blades would be with excess spin moving left or right. So far my misses have been online but short which is a very nice surprise to me. Still amazed at how fun these are to hit.

Anyone have any experience with the Cleveland 588 MB's?

If you're "slumming" it with MP-4s, you're still doing pretty well!

I, too, would like to try Miuras one day, but I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon.

Aww heck no, I am far from slumming it. Did I tell you yet today that I have an amazing set of golf clubs? No? Well let me extol the beauty and amazing feel that is the Mizuno MP-4...it truly has but one flaw...and that is the lack on a 1 and 2 iron in the line. If it weren't for all of the wusses in the world, I am sure this would have happened, but as it did not, I have discovered the second most amazing set of clubs in the world...the Mizuno MP-29. If it weren't for a few minor details like the stamping font and a little bit of muscle back contour difference, the avid blade-o-phile would be fooled at closest point of approach. What is closest point of approach you ask? That is the closest I let you get to my clubs without telling you in no uncertain terms not to touch them. Why can't you touch them? Because, they are mine and you did not ask me first. Yes, I have had this problem where people make false assumptions about my leniency and generosity. I swear by the God of the greens that the next fool what touches my clubs without asking will wish he had chosen to do something else with that particular moment of his life. A limp can last forever! There is however a small chance for a select few, if you can instantly verify your blade-o-phile credentials, that I will let you touch and maybe even swing the MP-4 goodness. Dream on if you think you get to hit the 1 or 2 iron. Nope. Only if you have a 1 or 2 iron blade experience to parlay in trade. Then and only then may you enter the hallowed circle of trust.

Seriously though, what is it with people? You have fourteen bloody clubs. Finger fumble one of them. We both know that you aren't going to perform some miracle shot with my clubs. Stick to your clickety clack cavity back and move along...somewhere...down that way...toward the pin...there you go. Donchoo even think about putting your booger picker barcode on my...I'm watching you!

It's going to be a while on those Miuras if ever. I think I'd spring for another set of MP-4's first maybe with another shaft for fun and some interesting wedges, although wedges seem to be quite consumable which makes for a great difficulty in shelling out the big bucks.

Please tell me what the 716 MB are a copy of so I can enjoy the lineage. I happen to like this line of club also.

Doaner84

Those Bridgestone blades are great. I love the simplicity of the design, and they feel great. Incidentally, I hit the 7i alongside the new Bridgestone cavity (or player's cavity, I didn't look that closely), and the difference in the feel of the strike was enormous. Obviously, the blade was better. Much, much better.

Unfortunately, the shop didn't have the new Bridgestone MB out to demo.

Thankyou. Yeah I totally agree about the feel of the blade. It's soft but not mushy to me. I hit the blades and I knew I had to get them. They really know how to make a beautiful blade

It only hurts once, except golf it hurts a lifetime

Please tell me what the 716 MB are a copy of so I can enjoy the lineage. I happen to like this line of club also.

No idea. Haven't looked at the 716. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I, too, would like to try Miuras one day, but I don't think it is going to happen anytime soon.

Aww heck no, I am far from slumming it. Did I tell you yet today that I have an amazing set of golf clubs? No? Well let me extol the beauty and amazing feel that is the Mizuno MP-4...it truly has but one flaw...and that is the lack on a 1 and 2 iron in the line. If it weren't for all of the wusses in the world, I am sure this would have happened, but as it did not, I have discovered the second most amazing set of clubs in the world...the Mizuno MP-29. If it weren't for a few minor details like the stamping font and a little bit of muscle back contour difference, the avid blade-o-phile would be fooled at closest point of approach. What is closest point of approach you ask? That is the closest I let you get to my clubs without telling you in no uncertain terms not to touch them. Why can't you touch them? Because, they are mine and you did not ask me first. Yes, I have had this problem where people make false assumptions about my leniency and generosity. I swear by the God of the greens that the next fool what touches my clubs without asking will wish he had chosen to do something else with that particular moment of his life. A limp can last forever! There is however a small chance for a select few, if you can instantly verify your blade-o-phile credentials, that I will let you touch and maybe even swing the MP-4 goodness. Dream on if you think you get to hit the 1 or 2 iron. Nope. Only if you have a 1 or 2 iron blade experience to parlay in trade. Then and only then may you enter the hallowed circle of trust.

Seriously though, what is it with people? You have fourteen bloody clubs. Finger fumble one of them. We both know that you aren't going to perform some miracle shot with my clubs. Stick to your clickety clack cavity back and move along...somewhere...down that way...toward the pin...there you go. Donchoo even think about putting your booger picker barcode on my...I'm watching you!

It's going to be a while on those Miuras if ever. I think I'd spring for another set of MP-4's first maybe with another shaft for fun and some interesting wedges, although wedges seem to be quite consumable which makes for a great difficulty in shelling out the big bucks.

Even the MP-4 3i is pretty rare, or at least it is here. The MP-37 had a 2i, and I've seen them for sale occasionally on the 'net. If you want a Mizuno blade 1i, I think you might be able to find an MP-33 1i, but it's a bit like looking for a white whale. They are out there, though.

This old thread talks about them: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/176753-mizuno-mp-33-1-iron/

Even the MP-4 3i is pretty rare, or at least it is here. The MP-37 had a 2i, and I've seen them for sale occasionally on the 'net. If you want a Mizuno blade 1i, I think you might be able to find an MP-33 1i, but it's a bit like looking for a white whale. They are out there, though.

This old thread talks about them: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/176753-mizuno-mp-33-1-iron/

Mine came with the 3 iron. It was my longest club for quite some time. I like it but it's not as easy to flush as the fli hi 2. I have a one and two iron in MP 29. They were a find.

Anyone playing the Titleist Limited 100MB?

I haven't hit them but I did see a set in eBay that looked like they might go cheap. Did you snag them by chance ?

Side note. The only white whale I have left are the Miura forged Titleist T - 500 blade. And by goodness I'll have a set some day. ( may take 20 years for them to get cheap enough or for me to find a worn out set ).

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

If anyone wants a Mizuno MP-FliHi 3i (w/S300) and 4i (head only), please lemme know. I will make you a deal. I have no need for such expensive paperweights.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

No Catchy...What is the club on the bottom of your image? I can tell it's a Mizuno but which one, I can't make out the number.

Mizuno MS-11. They were called TP-11s in Europe (I'm pretty certain about this because I remember a number of good juniors playing Mizuno TP irons back in the later Eighties or early Nineties), but I'm not sure what they were in the States.

Funnily enough, of the three irons in that picture, the MS-11s are the only ones I still have. I didn't like the shaft in the MP-14s, but I should have reshafted them because they were in great condition. The MP-37s I liked, but not as much as my MP-4s, so I sold them after 10 months and several rounds. Then I went on a bit of a Mac bender. Always good to try different models, even if you end up going back to an old favourite*.

*I don't recommend you apply this theory to your love life, though. Especially if you are married :busted_cop:

Mine came with the 3 iron. It was my longest club for quite some time. I like it but it's not as easy to flush as the fli hi 2. I have a one and two iron in MP 29. They were a find.

I saw a set recently of MP-14s from 1-PW with DGX100s, which is my staple shaft. Gawd, I was tempted...

The reason I mentioned the MP-33 1i is that it will probably play closest to your MP-4s. Others here may correct me on that as I don't have a ton of playing experience with the MP-33s, but to me the two sets are not dissimilar.

Solid set. I find it a little odd though that you can buy 945's cheaper than 588's brand new in the same set make up since Cleveland closed its doors.

My guess would be that the 945s are cheaper because there is a successor, so shops are trying to clear stock to make way for the new range. I like the 588s a lot, and came pretty close to buying a secondhand set at a good price, but I read that they tend to go high and left, and that's not a shot I need help with right now...

Something that really surprises me being new to blades is how my misses are. I always thought the misses with blades would be with excess spin moving left or right. So far my misses have been online but short which is a very nice surprise to me. Still amazed at how fun these are to hit.

Ill take this one guys.....i consider the 588 to be one of the best designed blades out there. A true near even muscle from one side to the other. Ive owned 2.5 sets at the same time i love them so much. When $ is on the line, its either these, or mp 59s if i havent been playing everyday....though the mp5 is gonna be my full time gamer next season.

^^^ You won't be disappointed!

Dying to go on leave so I can play some golf... swinging nicely at the moment.

Also keen to go scour the 2nd hand racks and see if I can maybe find some MP 4's...

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe