Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

[quote name='Rock Chalk Jayhawk' timestamp='1422454085' post='10833919']
[quote name='Bad9' timestamp='1422453767' post='10833895']
[quote name='BMC' timestamp='1422452260' post='10833751'] Why the hell did he talk to the press?
[/quote]

That's what makes him an idiot. He is obviously a victim of some sort of crime but it's his actions and "stories" afterwards that has brought this attention.
[/quote]

I don't know how you can say he is "obviously" a victim. No information that has come out has backed up this point. For all we know, Allenby could have given away his credit cards in his self-drugged up state.
[/quote]

FWIW, here are a few quotes from Rex Hoggard this morning on MD:

"Clearly he's a victim here; there's no doubt about that. There was a robbery. Police are investigating a second degree robbery and a fraudulent use of credit cards; they run up almost $25,000 in debt. There's no doubt about that. Its the rest of the story that police are still trying to pick apart."

"Police are not looking into this as a kidnapping."

"I don't doubt for a minute that he was robbed, and that something went terribly awry that night. Its the rest of the story we're trying to piece together, and he has been consistent. He has said all along that that 2 1/2 hours he does not remember what happened."

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422454921' post='10834007']
[quote name='BMC' timestamp='1422452260' post='10833751'] Why the hell did he talk to the press?
[/quote]

That's what makes him an idiot. He is obviously a victim of some sort of crime but it's his actions and "stories" afterwards that has brought this attention.
[/quote]

I don't know how you can say he is "obviously" a victim. No information that has come out has backed up this point. For all we know, Allenby could have given away his credit cards in his self-drugged up state.
[/quote]

"Clearly he's a victim here; there's no doubt about that. There was a robbery. Police are investigating a second degree robbery and a fraudulent use of credit cards; they run up almost $25,000 in debt. There's no doubt about that. Its the rest of the story that police are still trying to pick apart."

"I don't doubt for a minute that he was robbed, and that something went terribly awry that night. Its the rest of the story we're trying to piece together, and he has been consistent. He has said all along that that 2 1/2 hours he does not remember what happened."
[/quote]

Should have just said he tried the Wapatoola, spent too much moolah watching the forbidden hula, tripped over a coolah trying to catch the next flight to Poipu.....la

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422454921' post='10834007']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am thinking along these lines also. I thought it was odd that they were pursuing kidnapping right after it happened. But they did talk about his stolen credit card. I think there were plenty of shenanigans going on that night, and maybe will find out more when that drug is revealed.

From what some people have said, depending on what type of drug he either took or was given, it can take several days to get over the effects. RA probably just kept his mouth shut or just said I'm not sure what happened and the police and I trying to piece it together.

I was a little surprised that press conference that he was still as adamant that he is sticking to his story. But that's just me.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

Personally, I think RA spoke too soon about that night.

I can understand his desire to speak to the media after this happened to offer an explanation, but I think he should have waited until the police had some time to investigate and piece things together before he opened his mouth.

I wouldn't have based my own story on hearsay alone. I would have waited until facts and real evidence emerged before I put myself in a position to be questioned.

PXG Bat Attack H

[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422456390' post='10834165']

I can understand his desire to speak to the media after this happened to offer an explanation, but I think he should have waited until the police had some time to investigate and piece things together before he opened his mouth.

I wouldn't have based my own story on hearsay alone. I would have waited until facts and real evidence emerged before I put myself in a position to be questioned.
[/quote]

I agree.... but then the other side would say "Why did he wait so long? He must be hiding something". I don't have a manager or PR firm at my beckon call but they may have told him to come right out, no one will question you if you speak quickly about it... but to go into so much detail was wrong... Should have just said,"I was out late and the later it gets only bad things can happen." That is a canned answer from a lot of college coaches regarding their players... there is no reason to be out at 2am, only bad things can happen that late.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1422420774' post='10832849']
[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422407167' post='10831547']
[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1422406222' post='10831461']
I can't wait to hear the crowd in Phoenix on hole 16 when RA is on the tee. I wonder what the chant will be?

Gotta say, he has guts teeing it up there.
[/quote]

I can not believe he is going to subject him to Phoenix. He may be so self absorbed that he thinks the media is unjustly targeting him and the crowd is going to be supportive and cheer for him. Its going to be ugly.
[/quote]

Robert will tee off at 11:40 am local time from the 10th tee on Thursday. Assuming a four-hour round from his three-ball, he should be hitting the 16th tee right as Golf Channel's coverage starts.
[/quote]

Must watch tv fo sho...

[quote name='moose557' timestamp='1422456757' post='10834213']
Has anyone reported that a blood sample was taken to test for any drugs? I haven't heard or read anywhere that they tested him to see if he was actually drugged.
[/quote]

I think RA mentioned that in his presser yesterday, that one had been taken. No results yet.

Twitter: @Ed_Settle        My WITB
Driver:           Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 9.0 +2 GD Tour AD HD 6X
Fairway:        Callaway Rogue ST Max LS 3W/15*  Tensei Wht AV 70S

Utility W:         Callaway UW 19* HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0 S
Hybrid:          Callaway Apex Pro 4/21* KBS Hybrid 85S

Irons:             Callaway X Forged Star 5-PW Modus 105 S
Wedges:       Callaway Jaws Raw 48S/53W/58Z DG S200 
Putter:           2022 Toulon Design Small Batch Austin 34" 

Ball:               2022 Callaway CSX LS
Bag:               VESSEL Blk Lux Cart Bag 14 way   

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1422458994' post='10834391']
Has anyone reported that a blood sample was taken to test for any drugs? I haven't heard or read anywhere that they tested him to see if he was actually drugged.
[/quote]

I think RA mentioned that in his presser yesterday, that one had been taken. No results yet.
[/quote]

It appeared that was the last question of the presser. He said he took one on his own decision but made no comment on the results.

Thing is, there is no proof released yet that the card was stolen. Allenby very well could have given his card(s) out voluntarily in his drug induced state. Or, the cards could have fallen out of his wallet (making the use of the cards solely fraud, not theft and/or robbery). Robbery implies that somebody used force to steal the cards. How could Allenby possibly claim to know that the cards were stolen under force or threat of force if he doesn't remember 2 hours at all? Also, no witnesses corroborate his claim of being beaten up, kidnapped, and robbed. At this point, I am more inclined to disbelieve everything Allenby has said.

IMO, I still think that this story would've never surfaced if the police were not called. I think he wanted to go back to his room and sleep it off. But when he got back to the hotel, the hotel staff saw him all bloodied and probably incoherent and called the police. It was then RA concocted the kidnapping / drugged / robbery story.

[quote name='hebsan' timestamp='1422461534' post='10834675']
IMO, I still think that this story would've never surfaced if the police were not called. I think he wanted to go back to his room and sleep it off. But when he got back to the hotel, the hotel staff saw him all bloodied and probably incoherent and called the police. It was then RA concocted the kidnapping / drugged / robbery story.
[/quote]

I agree. My suspicion is that if the staff had not seen Allenby he would have cancelled his credit cards and laid low for a few weeks.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422462132' post='10834727']
[/quote]

I agree. My suspicion is that if the staff had not seen Allenby he would have cancelled his credit cards and laid low for a few weeks.
[/quote]
If his goal was to lay low and avoid attention, why would he concoct a fantastical story that could be easily debunked once the police started investigating it, and would very likely lead to news coverage of the situation? I have no idea what happened that night, but If he wanted to keep this under wraps, that makes no sense.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
Ping G430 Max 18* (set to 17*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x
Epon AF-306 4i + Epon AF-Tour CB2 5-PW, Nippon Modus 125X
Yururi Seida Black 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

[quote name='3 Jack Par' timestamp='1422462624' post='10834771']
[/quote]

[/quote]
If his goal was to lay low and avoid attention, why would he concoct a fantastical story that could be easily debunked once the police started investigating it, and would very likely lead to news coverage of the situation? I have no idea what happened that night, but If he wanted to keep this under wraps, that makes no sense.
[/quote]

He may have thought they wouldn't be debunked. Quite, frankly, with all we've seen in the last week and a half it's probably not wise to try to get into the head of Robert Allenby.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Perhaps Allenby has issues of confabulation. This is common amongst alcoholics.

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1422401775' post='10831045']
[quote name='PZero' timestamp='1422401637' post='10831033']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1422401144' post='10830951']
BTW...my kids, who are way beyond the legal drinking age, called and asked if I wanted to go out and get all Allenby'd tonight.

Well that didn't take long.
[/quote]

Will you be the one getting pushed out of the car? lol
[/quote]

My kids have already said when I get too old to live alone, they'll put me in a storage locker. We're negotiating now for one with electricity. They're very loving.
[/quote]

Here is my retirement plan DP. I have four grown and married daughters. I am going to tell them to send me $1000 a month and I won't move in with them. I think it might work :)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='2659edward' timestamp='1422458994' post='10834391']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Taken or Taken 2?

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1422456666' post='10834205']
[quote name='Hot Rod 71' timestamp='1422456390' post='10834165']

[/quote]

I agree.... but then the other side would say "Why did he wait so long? He must be hiding something". I don't have a manager or PR firm at my beckon call but they may have told him to come right out, no one will question you if you speak quickly about it... but to go into so much detail was wrong... Should have just said,"I was out late and the later it gets only bad things can happen." That is a canned answer from a lot of college coaches regarding their players... there is no reason to be out at 2am, only bad things can happen that late.
[/quote]

I agree with you about speaking quickly with a vague answer. I think what conjured up so much suspicion is the crazy store about being kidnapped, beaten, robbed, and dumped, and then referencing Taken and Taken 2.

PXG Bat Attack H

maybe he was drugged with Scopolomine, or as it's also known, Devil's Breath. I watched a Vice video on this years ago (google Vice, Devil's breath) and it could explain a lot in this case. Basically, minutes after it is used on a person, they completely lose all inhibitions and will basically do whatever anyone suggests to them. Like empty a bank acct, or even help the robbers move their own belongings into a truck to be stolen. It's scary. Do some googling and watch the Vice report. Long shot but, maybe?

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='dangerman77' timestamp='1422398471' post='10830697']
[quote name='Holy Moses' timestamp='1422397305' post='10830565']
Can you be on some drug that enables you not to remember anything but you look completely normal to everyone else?
[/quote]

And if so, is it safe to take every morning before heading to work?
[/quote]

See my post above about Scopolomine...yes there is a drug like that and it's the scariest thing in the world.

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

Bob should have given the homeless people scopolomine and put the the old "you WILL confirm my outrageous claims. You WILL confirm you saw me tossed from the trunk of a car! You WILL not speak of me falling down drunk and smashing my face nor that I was crying like a little girl about missing the cut and screaming about my millions!" voodoo hex on them.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

i'm inclined to believe he got extremely hammered, was meandering the streets and passed out. maybe the first homeless guy that came by took his wallet, too.

if the police were called when he returned to the hotel, there is no reason he should have even told them his wallet was stolen. he could have just said he probably left it at the bar when they ask for his ID. then, no charges are filed, he cancels his card and sleeps it off, and the worst story to surface would be that he got drunk and lost his wallet, and posted a picture of himself on facebook. period.

the guy is a joke IMO. i was shocked at how unbelievably uncooperative he was during the interview yesterday. clearly he tested negative for drugs, or else he would have said "yes" to the presser to further corroberate his own story.

[quote name='tsmithers' timestamp='1422464371' post='10834959']
Nothing like a good bender. If that is the case, creating the whole story was dumb. Come clean. "I made a mistake, fell and hurt myself and wish none of it would've happened. Thank you"
[/quote]

Agreed, and if that was the case, It makes you wonder if the hooligans on the 16th this week/weekend might have embraced him as one of their own. I hope he makes the cut, it will be great theater.

[quote name='502 to Right' timestamp='1422464210' post='10834937']
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

He may have thought they wouldn't be debunked. Quite, frankly, with all we've seen in the last week and a half it's probably not wise to try to get into the head of Robert Allenby.
[/quote]
I posted this before but I'll repeat. I think he intentionally used the homeless as an alibi, thinking It wouldn't be easy to track down someone who could debunk his claim. What reporter is going to go looking for homeless people asking them about at Robert Allenby? It turns out homeless people in Hawaii all know each otherand are pretty darn social.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2