SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Happy Masters Weekend.. couple of answers to some of your questions..

Canada is on plan to have new golf balls models in May... logistics are in process now and the balls will be arriving there hopefully by end of April, first week of May.... as for the Kirkland questions, I will not comment on the ball or performance.. i will say we have tested it, and I really look forward to the comments from anyone trying it...will say this, it is not even close the the original, but I will let everyone who wants to try it see for themselves...

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Got my 6 pack of mtb's today, i also ordered the limited edition green hat. Great quality, if anyone is wondering, only issuse i see is who ever put it in the little box should have made sure brim was not super bent, or little bigger box. Been working on it to try and straighten, just can get perfectly straight. Bothers me, as i wear my prescription glasses. Also it is not a shallow hat, wear your head goes, so anyone with a 5 head have no fear.

Other then that, ill have to give my titleist/vokey hat some rest

Canada is on plan to have new golf balls models in May... logistics are in process now and the balls will be arriving there hopefully by end of April, first week of May.... as for the Kirkland questions, I will not comment on the ball or performance.. i will say we have tested it, and I really look forward to the comments from anyone trying it...will say this, it is not even close the the original, but I will let everyone who wants to try it see for themselves...

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?
I ordered a box of red and a box of black and just drove down across the border to pick them up. I'll only be testing them putting on my big moss for the next couple weeks but the courses should be opening soon.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I ordered a box of red and a box of black and just drove down across the border to pick them up. I'll only be testing them putting on my big moss for the next couple weeks but the courses should be opening soon.

Snowed here last 2 night!!?? I'm guess May before it will be nice enough to golf!? :(

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Snowed here last 2 night!!?? I'm guess May before it will be nice enough to golf!? :(
I feel for you. It's been a long frustrating winter. I am very jealous of the people that can golf year round.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

In the same boat, I feel your pain

I feel for you. It's been a long frustrating winter. I am very jealous of the people that can golf year round.

Go down to TXG, they are in Ontario right? Hop on a GCQuad and give them a rip!

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Go down to TXG, they are in Ontario right? Hop on a GCQuad and give them a rip!

They're in the Toronto area. I'm in Ottawa.

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I've never played Snell golf balls before, but ordered a sampler pack this weekend while watching the Masters. Couldn't say no to the pricepoint, especially knowing there's a talented designer behind em. Very excited for the weather to finally warm up so I can get out and try these next weekend. Updates to follow...

well, looks like the test i mentioned has been done,

https://Not allowed because of spam.com/titleist-pro-v1-vs-snell-mtb-black/

the black stood up well. less spin off wedges, but other than that strong performance.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

https://Not allowed because of spam.co...nell-mtb-black/

the black stood up well. less spin off wedges, but other than that strong performance.

Remember, that our goal with Black was to be as long at the tour balls our there, and also work to control the spin on mid and short irons.. this data shows that the 6 iron data is alittle lower spin, which adds distance here and also bigger benefit in to the wind.. but when you get near the green, it still has that tour like spin and control... very good results and then the final comparison: PRICE... we will continue to keep the price affordable and give the best performance we can to allow others benefit from performance and price...

Remember, that our goal with Black was to be as long at the tour balls our there, and also work to control the spin on mid and short irons.. this data shows that the 6 iron data is alittle lower spin, which adds distance here and also bigger benefit in to the wind.. but when you get near the green, it still has that tour like spin and control... very good results and then the final comparison: PRICE... we will continue to keep the price affordable and give the best performance we can to allow others benefit from performance and price...

i completely agree. I think this is a very good result for the ball and at what $15 dollars less a dozen? sounds like a win for snell to me. i would love to see how the red compares.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Where would you expect the numbers to land on the red? A skosh more spin on D, but a lot more on 6i/SW?

Man, the comments on that golfspy are rough. I mean, if people want to pay more for the same performance bc they can't get over their brand bias, I guess go for it. It just seems like a weak position to be in when you attribute the success of your game to one specific brand instead of another, even when it's been proven that they are almost identical in performance. Marketing is a hell of drug Charlie Murphy

Man, the comments on that golfspy are rough. I mean, if people want to pay more for the same performance bc they can't get over their brand bias, I guess go for it. It just seems like a weak position to be in when you attribute the success of your game to one specific brand instead of another, even when it's been proven that they are almost identical in performance. Marketing is a hell of drug Charlie Murphy

how so? most i read were pretty positive. most of the negatives were regarding how the data was obtained.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Meh to the comments.

Human nature is funny. People love to self justify what they feel to be true...(this goes both ways)

The raw data (which is not infallible) shows that these balls are in the same ballpark (haha). That may get some people in the door, so to speak or open the door to try/change.

Then it becomes an exercise in:

a. is this ball good for 'my' swing and

b. do I like the feel (and will I pay x for 'my' preferred ball).

This can only be answered by each individual.

As for me, I'll play the best ball for me, in the no more than $45 per dozen price - regardless of what others think

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Where would you expect the numbers to land on the red? A skosh more spin on D, but a lot more on 6i/SW?

I would expect RED to be similar to the PROV1 in the 6 iron and the wedge... we added spin here to the RED ball... so the choice is player dependent based on the spin into the greens on approach shots.. i have said for quite some time that the distances off the tee will all be similar and can even be tweaked by the player with some of the drivers today... but control with approach shot spin is only going to help into the greens.. if players need some more, RED is there .. if spin a little to much, then BLACK is there... it is when you develop a ball that spins too much on drivers and too much on irons and too much on wedges, your target audience becomes very small.. and as always, if you choose to test some new balls that are higher spin in all phases (hmmm) then please make sure that you test into the wind at all phases.. wind is a big part of the game so performance has to be considered in all phases of game as well...

Just came here to say thank you to Dean and Snell Golf for being a part of the WRX community. Taking the time to answer questions and provide feedback to the everyday player is outstanding. You guys have won me over in the customer service department, something that continues to lose its luster in the world today.

With that said, I will be doing some testing in the near future of both the red and black.

Just came here to say thank you to Dean and Snell Golf for being a part of the WRX community. Taking the time to answer questions and provide feedback to the everyday player is outstanding. You guys have won me over in the customer service department, something that continues to lose its luster in the world today.

With that said, I will be doing some testing in the near future of both the red and black.

i agree, i think it is awesome. i think the new offerings are outstanding. i was not a huge fan of the original, but seeing the presence here and the customer interaction has been awesome. so i will continue to buy.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I would expect RED to be similar to the PROV1 in the 6 iron and the wedge... we added spin here to the RED ball... so the choice is player dependent based on the spin into the greens on approach shots.. i have said for quite some time that the distances off the tee will all be similar and can even be tweaked by the player with some of the drivers today... but control with approach shot spin is only going to help into the greens.. if players need some more, RED is there .. if spin a little to much, then BLACK is there... it is when you develop a ball that spins too much on drivers and too much on irons and too much on wedges, your target audience becomes very small.. and as always, if you choose to test some new balls that are higher spin in all phases (hmmm) then please make sure that you test into the wind at all phases.. wind is a big part of the game so performance has to be considered in all phases of game as well...

I can attest personally that the Black was excellent into a pretty strong wind Saturday. I did not hit the red in the same wind, but I did hit a 2016 B330S and the black visually didn't balloon like the S could at times.

i completely agree. I think this is a very good result for the ball and at what $15 dollars less a dozen? sounds like a win for snell to me. i would love to see how the red compares.

Yeah they definitely compared very well, about identical. Even the wedge spin was like just about 200rpm which is so little, a tiny slight miss hit can probably affect that type of rpm I'm guessing.

I've playing the 2017 Pro V1 so really interested in trying out my trial package once we get some good weather.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

I've been playing the Snell MTB for 2 years. It looks like the new balls are an improvement in selection, but not for me. I prefer a low-spinning ball off the tee. The original MTB and the new Black seem to be almost the same, with the Red being higher-spinning. I struggled for a long time to find a driver to help me cut down spin; I don't want to add it back in unless I'm playing greens that need it.

I've got another 4 boxes of MTBs to go through. If the new Black or Red were compelling for me, I'd make the move now. Instead, I think I'll order up a box of Reds and check them out.

Well the great thing about daylight savings is that I can go mess around on golf courses after work. Yesterday was about 65 and a pretty nice 1.5-2 club wind.

When I got to #10, a par 5 directly into the wind, I knew this was a chance to see how the two snell balls did in the wind. They were within 5 yards of each other on the tee shot, and on the 2nd shot (a layup 5i) the black was about 10 yards closer. Obviously very unscientific as the strikes felt good but could have been way off, who knows.

I played from the where the Black ended up (96 yards to a front right flag). At this point I thought it would be cool to hit all 5 model balls I had on me (RZN Tour Plat, Snell Black & Red, Tour B X and XS). All balls came from my "shag pocket" aka I deemed them too dirty or scuffy for tournament use and had been played 27-36 holes each and not are used for practicing.

I've attached a diagram of relatively where all the balls ended up. Green is slightly raised and balls can roll down a hill if they come off the front. Arrows indicate movement after landing. 3/5 balls hopped and stopped. 2 of them ran or spun back.

Notes:

I hit a 3/4th 50* wedge, played back in my stance to flight it and cut down spin into that wind. I know this purely anecdotal but we all love anecdotes! To me, all the strikes felt good, except the Tour B XS/ MTB red were tugged a little. The green has a fall off to the right so everything funnels right.

MTB Black ended up with the best putt, which I made. My beloved Tour Plat ended up second closest, and made that putt. Tour B XS was short, even after being pulled, but stopped immediately. Tour B X landed about 2 feet behind the flag and ran another 10 feet or so, no bite, which has always been my issue with that particular ball. MTB Red was only ball to land and spin back significantly, and spun back enough just to catch the slope and end up off the green. It landed well short.

I sure do love messing around on golf courses!