SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

With these cold mornings here in North Texas (temps in the high 30's low 40's to start and mostly with N winds), I've pretty much been playing the Chrome Soft. However, the last 3 rounds I've used the MTB (last year's version) exclusively and have shot 3 of my best rounds of the year, 72, 71, 71. I don't find the MTB to be necessarily the longest or the best in cold or windy conditions (CS is for me on both counts) but the consistency of the ball, the feel and how I putt with it are exceptional. Can't argue with results. Now I just have to work my way through the 3 dozen of last year's version before I can move on to the the MTB Black.

Ok so I read just about every MSG comment and it seemed pretty split. I think that most of the Pro V1 supporters just don't like change. I've played Pro V1/X for the last bunch of years and it has been the only constant thing in my bag for years (so I can kind of understand a few of those comments). So I can see how guys are more reluctant to accept change, or accepting that something 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper can be just as good. For me if the MTB plays close to the Pro V1 as the MSG review shows it'll be a no-brainer.

It's only going to be mid 40's tomorrow here but I'm planning on trying the 2017 Po V1 against my Black/Red trial pack. Our course will be deserted so I can hit all 3 off the tee, into the greens, etc. Being a loooong time Pro V1/X player I'd be psyched if either MTB ball woks better (but I'll have to do the same testing when we're in the mid 70 degrees too).

Again I hope MSG does testing with MTB Red vs the Pro V1X, or just a 4 way testing, testing them all head to head with data #'s.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Ok so I read just about every MSG comment and it seemed pretty split. I think that most of the Pro V1 supporters just don't like change. I've played Pro V1/X for the last bunch of years and it has been the only constant thing in my bag for years (so I can kind of understand a few of those comments). So I can see how guys are more reluctant to accept change, or accepting that something 1/4 to 1/3 cheaper can be just as good. For me if the MTB plays close to the Pro V1 as the MSG review shows it'll be a no-brainer.

It's only going to be mid 40's tomorrow here but I'm planning on trying the 2017 Po V1 against my Black/Red trial pack. Our course will be deserted so I can hit all 3 off the tee, into the greens, etc. Being a loooong time Pro V1/X player I'd be psyched if either MTB ball woks better (but I'll have to do the same testing when we're in the mid 70 degrees too).

Again I hope MSG does testing with MTB Red vs the Pro V1X, or just a 4 way testing, testing them all head to head with data #'s.

I was a long time Prov1x player and I made the switch last year to he original Snell MTB. I've bought a dozen of each and will test them as soon as the course open, its looking like next week. Until then I can only putt with them. Off the putter I prefer the black as the red feels slightly firmer to me and I prefer the soft feel. That being said, if the red performs better for me on course I would have no problem getting used to the firmer feel.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet
3 wood: Titleist TSR2

7 wood: Ping G430 max

Utility iron: Callaway Apex ut

4 Hybrid: Callaway Paradym
Irons: Titleist T100 5-pw 
Wedges: Vokey sm9 50*, 54*, 60*
Putters: TaylorMade Spider X

Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Ball: Titleist ProV1x

I was a long time Prov1x player and I made the switch last year to he original Snell MTB. I've bought a dozen of each and will test them as soon as the course open, its looking like next week. Until then I can only putt with them. Off the putter I prefer the black as the red feels slightly firmer to me and I prefer the soft feel. That being said, if the red performs better for me on course I would have no problem getting used to the firmer feel.

I played my normal Pro V1 2017 for 12 holes and then tried the new MTB black and was extremely happy with it. After 6 holes I think I'd have zero issues making the switch. It really felt great at impact and played no different in the limited use today.

Plus since MTB new costs basically what 5A used Pro V1 cost dozen it's a no brainer. Hoping to give them a go again tomorrow and then after comparing the MTB Black vs Pro V1 then I'll do a Red vs Black but I'm thinking for my game the Black may be better.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?

Yea the sense of urgency within Team Canada seems to be absent.

We are working with Canada on the supply as we speak.. it is not Canada, it is the supply of the balls.. .the factory has missed the shipping schedule... I believe that Canda will have the new product in stock around the first or second week of May... shooting for first week...

Dean, better check with the Canadian office, just emailed them today and told me 'a few months' for the new ball?! Price for new ball in Can.$?

Yea the sense of urgency within Team Canada seems to be absent.

We are working with Canada on the supply as we speak.. it is not Canada, it is the supply of the balls.. .the factory has missed the shipping schedule... I believe that Canda will have the new product in stock around the first or second week of May... shooting for first week...

finally the end of Canadian blues is near........

I played my normal Pro V1 2017 for 12 holes and then tried the new MTB black and was extremely happy with it. After 6 holes I think I'd have zero issues making the switch. It really felt great at impact and played no different in the limited use today.

Plus since MTB new costs basically what 5A used Pro V1 cost dozen it's a no brainer. Hoping to give them a go again tomorrow and then after comparing the MTB Black vs Pro V1 then I'll do a Red vs Black but I'm thinking for my game the Black may be better.

two days ago, I had a full round gaming ProV1 (either 17 or 18). First I notice the loss of distance compared to og MTB. About 10 - 15 yds off driver and 5 - 10 yds off irons. ProV1 felt slight softer and span about the same as og MTB.

two days ago, I had a full round gaming ProV1 (either 17 or 18). First I notice the loss of distance compared to og MTB. About 10 - 15 yds off driver and 5 - 10 yds off irons. ProV1 felt slight softer and span about the same as og MTB.

Sorry I'm slightly confused.

You mentioned the 2017-2018 Pro V1 and then the "notice of loss of distance compared to the OG MTB". Are you referring to losing distance of Po V1 vs OG MTB, OG MTB vs Pro V1? It's just a bit confusing on what balls your actually referring to.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Ryan

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Sorry I'm slightly confused.

You mentioned the 2017-2018 Pro V1 and then the "notice of loss of distance compared to the OG MTB". Are you referring to losing distance of Po V1 vs OG MTB, OG MTB vs Pro V1? It's just a bit confusing on what balls your actually referring to.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

Ryan

ProV1 yields shorter distance than OG MTB.

My test pack came in last week so I took the red and black out for a round yesterday. I did not care for the og MTB because I never liked the way it felt. But I was excited to try these after all the reviews here.

I started with the black and hit a pretty good tee shot off the first which is a par 5 slight dogleg left. I walked up to my usual area and couldn't find my ball so I kept walking. Finally found it through the fairway at 326yds. That is a ridiculous number for me that only happens if I'm catching cart path love. I chalked it up to a fluke and then proceeded to have my longest driving day in years. I eclipsed 300 again that round. Even when I caught it toe side it still got to my normal driver zones. It felt great.

It gives me the trajectory and distances I like to see off my irons,pierces wind very well, and held greens without a problem.

I found it to be very compliant with short and greenside work with predictable roll out.

I absolutely loved it off the putter. The feel and roll were spot on for me which lead to a nice putting round, 4 birdies, and multiple par saves. I am not a great golfer so it was great to see those circles.

I never put the red into play as planned because the black was working so well for me. I shot my lowest round of the year so that is a solid debut. I did hit the red at the chipping green after the round and the spin was noticeably more and I felt like you could just throw the red at the hole and it will nestle up close where as you need to plan a little running room for the black.

As much as I hate golfballs with seams, the black has impressed me very much, at least initially. I don't expect that to change as the ball was just so predictable throughout the round so I will probably make this my ball for '18.

Thank you, Mr. Snell for making such a solid offering at such a low price.

F6 baffler
MP54
T7/S18/eye2XG Lob
Classic #3

Played a full round with the Red and Black yesterday, with the front nine using the Red and the back nine using the Black. As the course conditions were still pretty pathetic in New England, it wasn't the best time to test, but there were some initial thoughts. You could definitely see the increased spin from the Red on shorter and chip shots, as well as them tending to hit and stop on the green. The Black tended to run on a little more. Again the course wasn't that firm so it's not the best review, as well as having strong wind gusts all day, but initial impressions have me leaning towards the Red. More as the weather improves (or 'if' as it's now snowing again).

congrats!!

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Happy to report that the MTB BLACK , MTB RED and GET SUM balls all got GOLD medals on the hot list this year...I am sure this info will be sent out soon, if not already.... thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming..

So I have a couple questions about the new versions of the ball. So, I noticed Walmart is carrying these on their website. Is this going to be a consistent thing? Along those same lines, I believe I snagged the last they had of the black. But, still see they have the red. Is the black going to restock their soon? Have the blacks been outselling the red?

Happy to report that the MTB BLACK , MTB RED and GET SUM balls all got GOLD medals on the hot list this year...I am sure this info will be sent out soon, if not already.... thanks for the support and keep the feedback coming..

Perhaps GD saw the complaints made on GolfWRX about their bogus & questionable ball spin test they made last time.

I don't mean to sound critical, but a small suggestion..

All print on the MTB Black should be Black

All print on the MTB Red should be Red

...more logical that way.

I saw your hats today, a Black hat and a Red hat...both with "MTB Black" printed on the side.

Red deserves it's own identity!

Just kidding - it is your company, not mine...maybe I am just too anal.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I saw your hats today, a Black hat and a Red hat...both with "MTB Black" printed on the side.

1+

great comments.. let me share with you why I did this.. for the hats, we do have RED hats coming in with MTB RED on the side.. New Era did not ship them with this order, and have sent us notice they are to be shipped in May.. the Maroon hats, as well as other colors we may have, can have MTB BLACK or MTB RED on them.. like if we have a Grey hat, this could be either, or maybe even both.. so the maroon is not to be confused as being the RED, or MTB RED hat... that is coming.. maybe having it available now did make it a bit confusing since RED is not there..

For the golf balls and colors... In golf, over the years, RED numbers have always meant lower compression, or softer in feel... The reason I did not put a black number on the MTB BLACK is because this ball has a nice, lower compression softer feel... so the perception of a black number (meaning 100 compression to some) is not the reality of the ball.. so figured, since balls are bought in dozen boxes and sleeves, and shipped to your homes, the numbers are not really seen until the ball is played.. so if you happen to find one out there, and saw the black number, people tend to think it is 100 compression not knowing anything about the ball.. that is why I put the RED number on the MTB BLACK.. hope this helps and makes sense...i chose the performance of the ball to match the number, not the name of the ball to match the number...but appreciate the feedback, as always...

great comments.. let me share with you why I did this.. for the hats, we do have RED hats coming in with MTB RED on the side.. New Era did not ship them with this order, and have sent us notice they are to be shipped in May.. the Maroon hats, as well as other colors we may have, can have MTB BLACK or MTB RED on them.. like if we have a Grey hat, this could be either, or maybe even both.. so the maroon is not to be confused as being the RED, or MTB RED hat... that is coming.. maybe having it available now did make it a bit confusing since RED is not there..

For the golf balls and colors... In golf, over the years, RED numbers have always meant lower compression, or softer in feel... The reason I did not put a black number on the MTB BLACK is because this ball has a nice, lower compression softer feel... so the perception of a black number (meaning 100 compression to some) is not the reality of the ball.. so figured, since balls are bought in dozen boxes and sleeves, and shipped to your homes, the numbers are not really seen until the ball is played.. so if you happen to find one out there, and saw the black number, people tend to think it is 100 compression not knowing anything about the ball.. that is why I put the RED number on the MTB BLACK.. hope this helps and makes sense...i chose the performance of the ball to match the number, not the name of the ball to match the number...but appreciate the feedback, as always...

I'm curious if you are seeing the black or red selling more at this point. I've got 3 dozen Black's and 6 dozen red's on the way. I noticed Walmart is carrying them but are now out of stock on both. For third party distributors like this, will they be getting additional supply and if so do you know when that might be?

I'm curious if you are seeing the black or red selling more at this point. I've got 3 dozen Black's and 6 dozen red's on the way. I noticed Walmart is carrying them but are now out of stock on both. For third party distributors like this, will they be getting additional supply and if so do you know when that might be?

the orders have been 50-50 for the first month... in all honesty, the test packs of 6 sleeves of each model have been our number one seller.. players test them head to head, then have come back and bought which one they liked.. which has been about 50-50 at this time... as for the walmart question, we do not sell to walmart.. there is a on line site that sells our balls, and they are connected to walmart in some way.. so they can offer quick shipping.. but we want to continue to get the message and golf balls out there as much as possible.. if this makes it easier for someone to get quicker, then that is a good thing...

Thanks for the history lesson! I was not aware of this.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

the orders have been 50-50 for the first month... in all honesty, the test packs of 6 sleeves of each model have been our number one seller.. players test them head to head, then have come back and bought which one they liked.. which has been about 50-50 at this time... as for the walmart question, we do not sell to walmart.. there is a on line site that sells our balls, and they are connected to walmart in some way.. so they can offer quick shipping.. but we want to continue to get the message and golf balls out there as much as possible.. if this

makes it easier for someone to get quicker, then that is a good thing...

Thanks for the information. I only asked because I had been watching Walmart stock and it looked like they were going through the black faster than the red.

That's interesting about the supply to Walmart. I had been wondering about this because I also Rock Bottom Golf, Budget Golf, and Amazon were selling them and was curious because I thought they wouldn't be offered elsewhere. So does this mean that all these retailers are then been supplied by the same online presence?