SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

yikes.. well i guess congrats on not losing the ball after 90 holes.. (i think, haha).. happy for you but secretly wishing nobody else can do this, or I will be out of business...haha... will have to start selling in one ball packs...but in all seriousness, glad it held up.. the urethane covers are very durable... typically, when golf balls are hit that many times, espcially with a lot of drivers, you will see some balls crack over time.. they are made to pass random location driver hits of over 100 drivers at higher ball speeds... I have seen many times over the years when a player orients the ball in the same spot, and hits drivers over and over (especially in cages or simulators) the balls will have a tendency to crack earlier than 100 hits...

It looks like I'll be helping keep you in business. I always keep a few old balls for little bets with my 7 yr old over water hazards to really keep it interesting. We were playing Tuesday after school and I got to talking with a buddy and kept hearing him hit balls. I turn back to him telling me "daddy I'm having a bad day, I've hit 3 in the water". We laugh it off till I get in the cart and realize he had grabbed my 3 new mtb blacks I had just opened. We had changed places in the cart to let him drive and I don't think he realized it. HA At least that's what I'm telling myself.

yikes.. well i guess congrats on not losing the ball after 90 holes.. (i think, haha).. happy for you but secretly wishing nobody else can do this, or I will be out of business...haha... will have to start selling in one ball packs...but in all seriousness, glad it held up.. the urethane covers are very durable... typically, when golf balls are hit that many times, espcially with a lot of drivers, you will see some balls crack over time.. they are made to pass random location driver hits of over 100 drivers at higher ball speeds... I have seen many times over the years when a player orients the ball in the same spot, and hits drivers over and over (especially in cages or simulators) the balls will have a tendency to crack earlier than 100 hits...

It looks like I'll be helping keep you in business. I always keep a few old balls for little bets with my 7 yr old over water hazards to really keep it interesting. We were playing Tuesday after school and I got to talking with a buddy and kept hearing him hit balls. I turn back to him telling me "daddy I'm having a bad day, I've hit 3 in the water". We laugh it off till I get in the cart and realize he had grabbed my 3 new mtb blacks I had just opened. We had changed places in the cart to let him drive and I don't think he realized it. HA At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Awesome story! Lucky dad!

Wait until he gets older - he will drink your expensive beer...it never ends!

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Dean,

When you say random location vs same spot (like indoors when hitting into a net) like say always hit on the MTB just over and over and over could cause any premium to fail before random spots on the ball? Just curious cause that's very interesting, and makes sense.

Lastly I hate to compare it to the Pro V1/Pro V1X, but would you say the MTB red 4 piece tends to flight higher/hit a higher peak height like older Pro V1X balls? Or do would say that MTB Black launches higher? Curious if one tends to reach a higher peak height than the other?

Thanks!

Ryan

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Had a chance to finally hit the Red yesterday. Since I haven't played in 5 months I can't give a lot of feedback yet but I did notice a couple of things from the 10 or 12 well struck shots. I love the flight of it. Seemed easier to draw than the old MTB. The most noticeable thing I noticed was this. The Red is pure putting bliss off my Redwood !! The combination of a Bestgrips putter grip,the Redwood, and the MTB Red results in the best feel I've experienced in 30 years of playing golf. Thanks Dean!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Dean,

When you say random location vs same spot (like indoors when hitting into a net) like say always hit on the MTB just over and over and over could cause any premium to fail before random spots on the ball? Just curious cause that's very interesting, and makes sense.

Lastly I hate to compare it to the Pro V1/Pro V1X, but would you say the MTB red 4 piece tends to flight higher/hit a higher peak height like older Pro V1X balls? Or do would say that MTB Black launches higher? Curious if one tends to reach a higher peak height than the other?

Thanks!

Ryan

yes.. typically in simulators player will tee up and hit on same spot over and over and over and early cracking will be seen quite often.. if just teed up randomly and hit in different locations each time, this cracking takes a real long time to happen.. as for the flight, the trajectory of the RED may come off slightly higher (but close) to the BLACK.. if a player has a lot of spin, sometimes you may see the peak traj higer, due to the spin of the ball... it is why I always recommend testing for short game spin and control.. if too much spin, players may have problems when hitting into the wind.. but if not enough spin, they may have problems holding the greens.. it is worth the short game testing to see which ball fits your specific game..

FINALLY!!! some decent weather. Going to play today after work. Will try these out and see how it goes.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Just played nine with the Red and Black. I can definitely recommend Dean's suggested short game test. I saw very little difference between the two balls until about 150 and in. I prefer the red so far because of the slight bit more spin I got on shorter shots. I loved the feel and got that one hop and stop from inside 100 and got a bit more bite on short irons as well. Other than that distances were about the same, and I saw a touch higher launch with the Red. More testing to come.

Canada will be placing orders for their customers this month... Canada runs independent of the US due to a lot of reasons... Last year I think they implemented free shipping in Canada as well...This year Canada has some plans to increase distribution and locations, so that will also hopefully help have product in closer locations to help costs as well...

Dean you need to kick Team Canada in the pants! All manufacturers are running ball specials, and your Canadian site still only has the old ball listed with no mention of the Red/Black... not even a pre-order. Most club golfers here in Canada will have bought 3-4 dozen golf balls in the period around the Masters which is when Titleist runs their Loyalty program. You guys are going to be late to the party up here in America's hat.

I saw the balls at Scheels yesterday.

??

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Canada will be placing orders for their customers this month... Canada runs independent of the US due to a lot of reasons... Last year I think they implemented free shipping in Canada as well...This year Canada has some plans to increase distribution and locations, so that will also hopefully help have product in closer locations to help costs as well...

Dean you need to kick Team Canada in the pants! All manufacturers are running ball specials, and your Canadian site still only has the old ball listed with no mention of the Red/Black... not even a pre-order. Most club golfers here in Canada will have bought 3-4 dozen golf balls in the period around the Masters which is when Titleist runs their Loyalty program. You guys are going to be late to the party up here in America's hat.

You are technically America's hair piece at the moment. :( :fie:

Finally able to play a round of golf this weekend and test out the Red and Black balls. Just tested them with short shots and short iron shots. Found the Red to launch slightly higher and to spin slightly more, but it's also a little more 'clicky'. The Black was similar to the previous version but with a little more spin around the green. More testing to occur as the course was in rough shape considering the snow only just melted. It was great to finally get out there and begin testing though and looking forward to more.

??

Scheels Sporting Goods store, they had both the red and black on the shelves.

i guess i am more confused as to why they are there. i thought these were direct to consumer only. i have a scheels here in my area. i may go see if they have them here as well.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

??

i guess i am more confused as to why they are there. i thought these were direct to consumer only. i have a scheels here in my area. i may go see if they have them here as well.

I don’t know Quigley, I admit I didn’t look closely at them, just saw the boxes on the shelf. They sure looked like the ones I have. But it’s certainly possible I didn’t look closely enough and was mistaken.

FINALLY!!! some decent weather. Going to play today after work. Will try these out and see how it goes.

so did you get to test new balls?

yes, i did. i had a great round at this course.

https://redhawkgolfandresort.com/red-hawk-golf-and-resort-course-overview-the-areas-top-rated-golf-course-and-golf-clinics-in-reno-nevada/

The hills and played from the gold tees (tips) at 7106 yard. I played by myself on a very open course considering the wonderful weather of the day. Because i was by myself and not holding anyone up, i played both balls and my current ball the Chrome soft X.

Here are my impressions.

Tee - i really could not tell much of a difference of the tee. the felt basically the same. Both balls are large improvements in my opinion over the OG MTB ball. I felt the original flew too high, and did not hold up well against the wind. both the red and the black had a more penetrating stronger flight. i would say if i had to pick one that i thought was longer i would say the red. but just slightly. it was not any longer or shorter then the cally ball.

full iron shots - again, very slight difference. the red is firmer felling to me off irons. i really liked the red off full iron shots. the ball again had a good flight that was controllable and predictable. The black was slightly softer and had a slightly higher flight. i preferred the red. against cally it was equal. again no noticeable lose or gain in distance. there was one par three that i felt was a good test. it was 234 yard, and pretty flat and into the wind. I hit all three well with a four iron. the red landed in the middle of the green and rolled almost to back. the Black spun up into the wind a touch more and ended up short, but was really in better position in this case even though i would say that it had the least optimal flight of the three. the cally landed about the same distance as the red but due to a slight push ended on on the fringe of the green to the right just past the hole. so out the the three the red had the best fight even though it ended up with the worst result. so, really i probably could have gotten away with a 5 iron with the role out with the red as the wind affected it the least of the 3.

less than full wedges/around the green - this one is tough, i really loved how i could hit the red low with wedges, from 30-50 yards, i could really drive the ball into the green, very similar with the cally, the black got a little high for my liking and seemed like i came up short more than the others. but, then as you get in next to the green, i really loved the black from bunkers, and pitches it is excellent.

putting - putting is putting, the MTB black has a softer feel, the red firmer. i would say the cally is directly in the middle of the two. i was fine with either as the difference between the was not huge. it was not like it was a nike 20XI if anyone remember how clicky those were.

all and all both were great. i could play with and be happy with either. i would say that i would 100% recommend the red if you play regularly in any kind of wind.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

??
I don’t know Quigley, I admit I didn’t look closely at them, just saw the boxes on the shelf. They sure looked like the ones I have. But it’s certainly possible I didn’t look closely enough and was mistaken.

Please dont think i am calling you a liar or saying you are wrong, i am just surprised is all.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Happy Easter to all... Masters week is here.. best week in golf.. check your email tomor as we will be sending out the newsletter with updated info, and some info on masters contests with giveaways.. if you do not get the email, you can sign up for free on our site at snellgolf.com its free and no purchase needed, just get an account and we send bi weekly emails with all sorts of technical information to help education...

couple of answers to some questions above..

the market share question is one of the worst ways to report.. the datatech numbers only report certain on course and off course locations.. and thats it... so on line companies, the dicks sporting goods type companies, and wal marts and targets are not included in any numbers... and trust me, these locations sell alot of balls... so when you see companies have 10 percent market share, that may be from on course only, and very skewed in the numbers. if those others were added, where not dominated by Titleist on course, then those reported numbers would be much lower.. so honestly, I do not have any true maket share numbers to report, because we are not included in any reports.. i can tell you that we grew over 430 % in the last two years, so lets keep this moving and continue to help spread the word with your friends...

scheels... yes, they have been in touch with us to carry the balls.. they had several customers come in and ask, so we wanted to make sure that we created a deal for them to allow the price to stay 31.99 per doz... so we take a bit of a hit, but we are able to service our customers in that location with product and keep the affordable price...we have a few others who do the same thing...

look forward to some good golf this week, and enjoy the Masters...

??

Please dont think i am calling you a liar or saying you are wrong, i am just surprised is all.

No worries, it just got me questioning if I actually saw what I thought it did.

Thanks to Dean for answering for us.

Just arrived!

NEfPZT0m.jpg

I have played about 3 rounds with the Red, should be able to get out tomorrow to compare against the Black.

Just putting around inside, the Black is more of a softer thud when putting vs a bit more clicky from the Red...more to come, cannot say which I prefer yet - need to play.

Dean - Who is this little guy?? (icon on the web site)

fYQZmJ5.jpg

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

so did you get to test new balls?

yes, i did. i had a great round at this course.

https://redhawkgolfa...in-reno-nevada/

The hills and played from the gold tees (tips) at 7106 yard. I played by myself on a very open course considering the wonderful weather of the day. Because i was by myself and not holding anyone up, i played both balls and my current ball the Chrome soft X.

Here are my impressions.

Tee - i really could not tell much of a difference of the tee. the felt basically the same. Both balls are large improvements in my opinion over the OG MTB ball. I felt the original flew too high, and did not hold up well against the wind. both the red and the black had a more penetrating stronger flight. i would say if i had to pick one that i thought was longer i would say the red. but just slightly. it was not any longer or shorter then the cally ball.

full iron shots - again, very slight difference. the red is firmer felling to me off irons. i really liked the red off full iron shots. the ball again had a good flight that was controllable and predictable. The black was slightly softer and had a slightly higher flight. i preferred the red. against cally it was equal. again no noticeable lose or gain in distance. there was one par three that i felt was a good test. it was 234 yard, and pretty flat and into the wind. I hit all three well with a four iron. the red landed in the middle of the green and rolled almost to back. the Black spun up into the wind a touch more and ended up short, but was really in better position in this case even though i would say that it had the least optimal flight of the three. the cally landed about the same distance as the red but due to a slight push ended on on the fringe of the green to the right just past the hole. so out the the three the red had the best fight even though it ended up with the worst result. so, really i probably could have gotten away with a 5 iron with the role out with the red as the wind affected it the least of the 3.

less than full wedges/around the green - this one is tough, i really loved how i could hit the red low with wedges, from 30-50 yards, i could really drive the ball into the green, very similar with the cally, the black got a little high for my liking and seemed like i came up short more than the others. but, then as you get in next to the green, i really loved the black from bunkers, and pitches it is excellent.

putting - putting is putting, the MTB black has a softer feel, the red firmer. i would say the cally is directly in the middle of the two. i was fine with either as the difference between the was not huge. it was not like it was a nike 20XI if anyone remember how clicky those were.

all and all both were great. i could play with and be happy with either. i would say that i would 100% recommend the red if you play regularly in any kind of wind.

i also forgot to add, my largest criticism of the OGMTB was that i didnt feel it was very durable. others said they never felt that way but that was my impression. both of the new balls hold the own in the durability area as well. i would the red with its different cover material is a little better than the black. it may also be that i got the reds in the optic yellow. I always gravitate to the yellow colored balls these days.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Course finally opened yesterday and I got a chance to test the red and black. I chipped and putted with them for about 30 mins followed by 9 holes. I am only going to comment on the short game and feel as it was very cold and my ball striking was atrocious :stink:

Putting- As stated by a few others, the red has a little bit more of a clicky sound to it but I actually prefer that. The black feels very very smooth off the putter face and does not have any type of a click, very soft feel when putting.

Chipping/Pitching- I was able to check both balls very well, but I did notice that the red was spinning a little more for me, which I preferred. I didn't notice much of a feel difference on pitch or chip shots between the two of them. Both felt soft and had a crisp feel when struck well.

My buddy who played with me is an avid user of "the #1 ball in golf". I gave him a couple of both balls to which he replied "What are these? I've never heard of them" I just said shut up and try them. Well, by the end of the round he agreed to split a pack of 6 dozen reds with me :taunt:

We have both found our ball for the year and are pretty stoked!

Course finally opened yesterday and I got a chance to test the red and black. I chipped and putted with them for about 30 mins followed by 9 holes. I am only going to comment on the short game and feel as it was very cold and my ball striking was atrocious :stink:

Putting- As stated by a few others, the red has a little bit more of a clicky sound to it but I actually prefer that. The black feels very very smooth off the putter face and does not have any type of a click, very soft feel when putting.

Chipping/Pitching- I was able to check both balls very well, but I did notice that the red was spinning a little more for me, which I preferred. I didn't notice much of a feel difference on pitch or chip shots between the two of them. Both felt soft and had a crisp feel when struck well.

My buddy who played with me is an avid user of "the #1 ball in golf". I gave him a couple of both balls to which he replied "What are these? I've never heard of them" I just said shut up and try them. Well, by the end of the round he agreed to split a pack of 6 dozen reds with me :taunt:

I'm not one bit surprised. Dean Snell has done his homework and is making a move on the market. His biggest obstacle is the "fanboy" syndrome.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I'm not one bit surprised. Dean Snell has done his homework and is making a move on the market. His biggest obstacle is the "fanboy" syndrome.

to be fair, the two new offerings seem to be great but i really wish a true blind test could be done. Remove all logos and markings, number them to keep track, then test them and see who comes out the winner. i think all the companies are putting out good stuff and it is super hard to tell the difference.

BALL; Chrome Soft X