2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Umm very excit d to get my new snells. But, I think my order is wrong. Unless I missunderstand something. I wanted the mtb red and black in the optic yellow but only got the red.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

That’s really all I needed to know. I thought that it did.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

That's really all I needed to know. I thought that it did.

Dean states (a few pages ago) that only the Red would be offered in yellow. Something to do with the cover process.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

That's really all I needed to know. I thought that it did.

Dean states (a few pages ago) that only the Red would be offered in yellow. Something to do with the cover process.

There are over 100 pages in this topic. no way i could sort through all of that. anyways question answered, now i just need so good weather.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

I think I converted a couple of guys I was playing with today. Gave both of them a MTB Red and they loved everything about it. One was previously playing a ProV1 and the other a Chrome Soft. They both said they would be ordering some asap. One fellow had watched some of Dean's videos but had never tried the ball and the other guy new nothing about Snell. I know the Red is my go to ball now and think there may be a couple more. I was playing the yellow today and pleased with all aspects of hitting it.

woke up to 4 inches of new snow with at least 4 more on the way..... no golf in sight..

BALL; Chrome Soft X

woke up to 4 inches of new snow with at least 4 more on the way..... no golf in sight..

5'' here last night?! Hope this is the end of it!? Spring supposed to arrive next week?!

Ping Traverse

TM Qi10 10.5*

TM Qi10 4/7W

TM P790 5-AW

TM Hi Toe 3 54/58*

TM TP Black Soto

TP5

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Definitely going to pick up the sample pack to try out. I loved the original MTB and found it most similar to my favorites, the Tour Preferred X and TP5x.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

60* and sunny the last two days here on the great Plains. About three to four inches of snow this morning. But it's good and wet and we can use it. And it will be melted in a day when the sun comes out.

Forty-five holes on my Red ball now. Still in very playable shape. Still liking it a lot. I need to give the Black another try, but with money on the line I hate to switch.

I got my six pack today, I ordered them on Tuesday. Just in time for a weekend of golf, 18 today, 36 tomorrow, 18 on Sunday.

Ping G430 Max 10K UST Lin-Q Black 6f5
Ping G430 15* AV Raw Blue 75 TX

Titleist TSi2 21* AV Raw Blue 75TX
Ping 3 iCrossover Tour 2.0 S 
Ping Blueprint S 5-W UST Dart V 120 F5
Ping S159 50S 54S UST Daet V 120 F5

Vokey 58M MMT 125 TX
Lab Mezz 1 Accra 
Snell Prime

I got my six pack today, I ordered them on Tuesday. Just in time for a weekend of golf, 18 today, 36 tomorrow, 18 on Sunday.

then place another order. haha. i kid, i kid.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Played today, on a hole I saw a ball in the water...it said "Snell" on it....I have never played them, waiting on my MTB Reds...I wanted it.

Could not reach it with my putter.

Found a sand rake and pulled it out of the water.

Snell Get Sum...nuts, oh well.

I played with it for about 6 holes - it was fine. Honestly I did not notice anything great or bad about it...I would put it in play. The logo was better in person than in pictures.

...now I wait for the MTB Reds.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

I've dabble with the Red and Black since my test pack arrived. Its been cold here and we had some snow a few days ago that is now gone.

I didn't see a lot of difference off the tee with Red and Black. I felt the Red was a little more workable and softer feeling than the Black. Distance with irons relatively close.

I want to do more testing when warm weather finally settles in and the grass starts to grow. The grass around the greens is dormant and not really pleasant to pitch/chip from right now, so conditions are not really accommodating to a fair short game test. Red feels the best off the putter.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

I might play some test pack balls in play tomorrow. I'm hesitant due to the fact that we're still losing balls in the fairway due to plugging and if I'm going to lose these I want it to be because I deserve it.

The main reason I'm posting this is to point out that those of you who have been Snell loyalists know that Dean has always included a hand written note in the box. That has always impressed me, and I knew as the brand grew there was a chance that practice would have to go away just due to logistics alone.

My sample pack arrived not only with a hand written note, but a note that called me out by name in the first sentence.

Dean, if you ever wonder if that type of thing matters to your customers, or if it's worth the effort, I want to tell you that it does to me. In this mail order, anonymous, connected but actually disconnected world it really says a lot about you and your passion to continue this practice, even though it must be a growing challenge while trying to run a business and growing worldwide orders.

Oh, and I love the color and design of the box! (Silly, but true)

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

Got to the club after work today and, for some reason, the course was empty. So, I got out and played a few balls to compare. I played the MTB Red, Black, and the Project a. I hit a few decent shots with the Red. Feels nice off the irons. But, I was wild(er) with it off the driver for some reason. I need to work on my swing path more. The Black played very well and was neck and neck with the Project a until the last hole, when it pulled ahead with a nice drive in the fairway, sweet 4 iron and an approach a few feet from the hole - maybe rolling fwd 3 feet. Our second hole requires a draw approach shot and, after playing the course a few times the past couple weeks I finally hit a really sweet shot there with the Project a. Two holes later the Black performed superb with a 5 wood - long off the fairway. Overall, it was a fun experiment and I felt fortunate to get out there and goof around like that. I really like the Black. But, I need to take some winter rust off of my swing...haha....

Have never played a Snell golf ball. Heard him on Katrek and Maginnes on Tap the other day and he really knew his stuff. So I ordered a dozen Red and a dozen Black. They were delivered today, two business days after I ordered, with a note from Dean on his recommendation on the best way to test them. Call me impressed by such service. Can’t wait to try them out.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Did you pay for expedited shipping?

I ordered mine March 13, delivery date is March 22 <9 days>.

I don't really mind as I'm never in a rush to get golf balls...plus free shipping is awesome.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Did you pay for expedited shipping?

I ordered mine March 13, delivery date is March 22 <9 days>.

I don't really mind as I'm never in a rush to get golf balls...plus free shipping is awesome.

I did not. Ordered Wednesday night about 11 pm. They shipped Thursday and showed up today (Saturday). It’s a nice looking golf ball. Like the brightness of it and the Snell branding is not overdone. Will be fun to compare a 3-piece and 4-piece in the same conditions. Players seem pretty evenly divided in preferring the Red or Black.

I decided to go ahead and play them today. I played the red on the front and black on the back.The differences between these two balls is very subtle.

I could tell no difference between them off the tee. We're still in a situation here with my course where the fairways are soft and tee shots plug where they hit. Carry is comparable. The longest carry of the day was with a black, but I put the best move on that drive that I can remember in a very long time and smoked it. I hit plenty of very long drives with both balls and was driving it well all day.

I could tell no difference between them off the putter. Both have a soft, responsive feel.

I slightly preferred the red on pitches and chips. There seemed to be slightly more check. This will take more testing especially when things firm up, but I chipped and pitched it closer on the front than I did on the back as an overall (small) sample size. If it turns out to be true it will just be a matter of getting used to where to land each ball.

Both had typical urethane spin on full shots. I was able to spin both balls back and make both drop and stop. My earlier concerns about the "spinnier" red having too much spin did not appear to be true today. It spun more, but not massively more. The blacks were slightly longer off the irons. The red's combination of spin and feel left me feeling more in control of shot shape. Again, very small sample size and this is just my first impression.

The black showed some wear from wedge shots. Not the furry curls you sometimes see, more of a flattening of the dimple edges. I did not see this with the red. The red also took a cart path shot like a champ leaving just a small cosmetic blemish. Initial durability impression is the red TPU cover is slightly more durable compared to the black's cast urethane.

I could happily play either ball. It's too soon to pick a winner. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick between them today I'd have to give a narrow victory to the red.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

I decided to go ahead and play them today. I played the red on the front and black on the back.The differences between these two balls is very subtle.

I could tell no difference between them off the tee. We're still in a situation here with my course where the fairways are soft and tee shots plug where they hit. Carry is comparable. The longest carry of the day was with a black, but I put the best move on that drive that I can remember in a very long time and smoked it. I hit plenty of very long drives with both balls and was driving it well all day.

I could tell no difference between them off the putter. Both have a soft, responsive feel.

I slightly preferred the red on pitches and chips. There seemed to be slightly more check. This will take more testing especially when things firm up, but I chipped and pitched it closer on the front than I did on the back as an overall (small) sample size. If it turns out to be true it will just be a matter of getting used to where to land each ball.

Both had typical urethane spin on full shots. I was able to spin both balls back and make both drop and stop. My earlier concerns about the "spinnier" red having too much spin did not appear to be true today. It spun more, but not massively more. The blacks were slightly longer off the irons. The red's combination of spin and feel left me feeling more in control of shot shape. Again, very small sample size and this is just my first impression.

The black showed some wear from wedge shots. Not the furry curls you sometimes see, more of a flattening of the dimple edges. I did not see this with the red. The red also took a cart path shot like a champ leaving just a small cosmetic blemish. Initial durability impression is the red TPU cover is slightly more durable compared to the black's cast urethane.

I could happily play either ball. It's too soon to pick a winner. If I had a gun to my head and had to pick between them today I'd have to give a narrow victory to the red.

Excellent review. Thanks. Will post one as soon as I get out there.