Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Water's Edge 2:15 today. We have 3 at the moment.

Let me know how the conditions are. My buddy called when he booked us for Saturday morning and they said they hadn't aerated... Not sure what they're waiting for... My old home course in HS... so it usually brings back all sorts of terrible memories :swoon: lol

Edit: I should have also said I just played Harborside Port. Man was it windy. Me and my buddy basically had the course to ourselves. Got it around OK on the front with one ball but the wheels fell off on the back. Greens rolling fine and all work is done except still finishing 18 which is just the worst. I think they were aerated over a week ago. Practice green still showed signs of healing, but I could be wrong.

Had not played Water's Edge in about 5 years and even though I'm not a huge fan of the layout it was in the best condition I've ever seen. Greens were running fast-ish and smooth. Lots of leaves/sap all over the greens though which took a while to remove. Fairways were quite lush and tight but a little spongy here and there, mostly around the greens. Should be nice out there this weekend, unless they aerate today.

Golf game was great. Drove it well and long. Had a 15 footer for eagle on the 4th and a 20 footer on the 15th. Just missed them both. Offset by a 60' monster holed on the 5th, a 50' putt holed on the 11th and another 60' putt holed on the 12th! Couldn't hole anything inside that distance though. Ha.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Sounds fun, B-Man.

Our league cancelled last night at Mt Prospect but a few of us still played. Got in 6 holes before the rain and thunder really came on.

My playing partners bailed at the 6th, but with Wednesday being my once a week chance to golf, I was motivated to wait it out, and luckily, there was a shelter nearby.

I waited out the rain and it didn't take too long until it stopped and the skies cleared a bit...

Great drainage at Mt Prospect meant that the last 3 holes played fantastically despite the big rain.

Tried to keep going but when I looked west from the 11th tee, that dark sky made the decision easy.

Happy I got in 9 last night.

the rain and nice temperatures should be good for the near future.

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

PSA: Just booked something for my cousin and I after his graduation party Saturday the 12th at Bolingbrook and the lady who took my reservation told me they recently aerated the back and are aerating the front today. Hopefully they will be smooth-ish by the 12th, but I would avoid until then. Any good reports on courses that have already aerated and are already starting to look good?
It's no where near the quality of Bolingbrook but Naperbrook has aerated and pretty much fully healed.

... We must be playing a different Naperbrook. :rolleyes: Just finished playing 18 there and they are most definitely still bumpy and not back to normal speeds. Much, much better than the last time I played there but still bumping putts off line. Maybe 80% back? But I can't complain for $19 walking and after playing with 3 guys on the front that quit after 9, I made it thru the back in 1:30 minutes.

... Unfortunately the weather is not looking good (the R word I dare not write or say out loud) for the Preserve tomorrow morning but I have a tee time for 2pm Saturday at Prairie Bluff with my son and 2 of his friends.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

... They could have cut and rolled them the day you played. The holes themselves are not the problem as they are pretty small now, it is the grass around and between the holes that are just so bumpy. I imagine they are cutting back on help since so little money came in this spring. No starter today and of course no rangers. I can't remember the last time I saw a ranger there, although I don't play weekends often and when I do it is always twilite.

Well well well...Milf Creek is re-opening on May 15.

Hope all the couples who had weddings booked got their $$$ back.

You had me at MILF...

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and hearing the prehistoric cackle of Sand Hill Cranes at Washington County. Okay, there's plenty more certainties but those three really stand out. I was up at 3:15 this morning to get the first time at Washington County. They got absolutely dumped on with rain last week and the low spots were still very wet, but the greens were in solid shape and the course itself drains very well. Arthur Hills' tricks got me on quite a few holes but I love that layout. I hit the ball well but just couldn't score at all. There were a lot of ball marks on the greens already, which is weird because the course has only been open for a couple of weeks. Still, it's one of my favorite layouts. It got me today but I'll be back.

Broadlands was a different story. It was a five hour deathmarch (seriously, why does it take 10 minutes to get a drink from the cart girl?) but I was able to hit almost all of the very generous fairways there and load up on pars. No birdies but I shot a 74. A lot of that course was still growing in so the fairways were a little shaggy and there was no second cut yet, but it was noticeably dryer and the greens were very smooth. Broadlands is one of those middle of nowhere courses in Southern Wisconsin. I recommend it but it's a pain to get to.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Played cog #2 yesterday and the greens were garbage. Shaggy, punched and lumpy. Holes were blown out too. Yikes.

Cog should be ashamed. Plus on the weekends, it's approx. $75 to ride on the weekends. Course 2 is a nice layout but ain't worth $75 in crap condition.

Had a standing tee time out there for around 25 years and based on recent posts here sounds like the conditions at Cog have deteriorated.

15 hcp

... Played Prairie Bluff with my son and his best friend yesterday. Veryy windy (duh) but the course is in great shape for this time of year. Greens were really fast downhill and slow uphill, kinda like Bermuda but putts actually break. Lots of invasive grass on the greens but it doesn't seem to adversely effect putts. Started off with a birdie and just could not sink a putt so 16 straight pars and then the pin was far right on 18 and the wind howling left to right. I wanted to start my pw from 130 a good 5-7 yards left of the pin but held on at impact and started it right at the flag, wind took it right and it bounced off the side hill and in the water. Just a dumb move on the last hole when hitting it 10-15yds left would not have hurt me. So I started with a birdie and book ended with a silly bogie. Prairie is by far the best conditioned course I have played since returning from Phoenix, although I have only played Cog Hill, Naperbrook, Carillon (pretty decent shape too) and PB.

Two great mornings out at sunrise. Surprisingly a bit of drizzle today, though nothing bothersome. Sun finally broke through about halfway through the back nine.

Got all the par threes down today. Mood brightener.

Best to all.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Our group played at Poplar Creek yesterday. In the past I've been somewhat critical of how they ran the course so I'll start out with some praise. Although the website lists the round at $69 they only charged $60 and range balls were $5 for 30-40 balls. Will also give them huge praise for pace of play. We easily finished under 4 hours and that still included waiting on a few shots.

The course itself was in pretty good shape. The greens were really fast for this time of year and the pin positions were very challenging. On 11, 3 of us hit the green including 1 only 8 feet from the hole. Everyone 3 putted because of the breaks as related to the pin position. Don't remember the pins positions on that course every being as difficult.

It's a once a year course for us but I wouldn't hesitate to play it again.

... Played Prairie Bluff with my son and his best friend yesterday. Veryy windy (duh) but the course is in great shape for this time of year. Greens were really fast downhill and slow uphill, kinda like Bermuda but putts actually break. Lots of invasive grass on the greens but it doesn't seem to adversely effect putts. Started off with a birdie and just could not sink a putt so 16 straight pars and then the pin was far right on 18 and the wind howling left to right. I wanted to start my pw from 130 a good 5-7 yards left of the pin but held on at impact and started it right at the flag, wind took it right and it bounced off the side hill and in the water. Just a dumb move on the last hole when hitting it 10-15yds left would not have hurt me. So I started with a birdie and book ended with a silly bogie. Prairie is by far the best conditioned course I have played since returning from Phoenix, although I have only played Cog Hill, Naperbrook, Carillon (pretty decent shape too) and PB.

Did you reschedule your Preserve round then?

Two great mornings out at sunrise. Surprisingly a bit of drizzle today, though nothing bothersome. Sun finally broke through about halfway through the back nine.

Best to all.

both rounds at the crook?

if so, how are conditions there?

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Played cog #2 yesterday and the greens were garbage. Shaggy, punched and lumpy. Holes were blown out too. Yikes.

Cog should be ashamed. Plus on the weekends, it's approx. $75 to ride on the weekends. Course 2 is a nice layout but ain't worth $75 in crap condition.

Had a standing tee time out there for around 25 years and based on recent posts here sounds like the conditions at Cog have deteriorated.

Cog 2 isn’t wort $75 in its best condition.

Well well well...Milf Creek is re-opening on May 15.

Hope all the couples who had weddings booked got their $$$ back.

You had me at MILF...

For the record, I've never HAD JMoney. He can't be bought...just rented by the hour.

We're due to golf Sir!

I'm ready G but works been brutal. Hope to join you guys soon!

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Our group played at Poplar Creek yesterday. In the past I've been somewhat critical of how they ran the course so I'll start out with some praise. Although the website lists the round at $69 they only charged $60 and range balls were $5 for 30-40 balls. Will also give them huge praise for pace of play. We easily finished under 4 hours and that still included waiting on a few shots.

The course itself was in pretty good shape. The greens were really fast for this time of year and the pin positions were very challenging. On 11, 3 of us hit the green including 1 only 8 feet from the hole. Everyone 3 putted because of the breaks as related to the pin position. Don't remember the pins positions on that course every being as difficult.

Played it last summer and the greens were in great shape. Fun little course.

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Did you reschedule your Preserve round then?

Best to all.

both rounds at the crook?

if so, how are conditions there?

... I have not rescheduled, but Preserve is at the top of my list and imagine I will play there in the next week or so.

I played it Friday and the greens were a bit spotty in places. Have some moss and thin spots. Still, a nice course for the money.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

I played it Friday and the greens were a bit spotty in places. Have some moss and thin spots. Still, a nice course for the money.

The first green was really bad and some greens had poa annua in them but it didn't impact putts at all. Now...the pin positions...yikes.

Played Midlothian this afternoon. Overall, course is in good condition and while the greens still need a week or so to fully heal from the punching, they were pretty fast and true. Finally starting to see some hope for my driver - only couple loose tee shots, but still on the golf course. Managed to lose 2 Ksigs on the 18, which kind made a mediocre round that much worse. The first KSig that found the drink had been in play for almost 2 rounds. Oh, well... Was supposed to play a scramble at Ruffled Feathers (on Friday), but thank god my daughter has to move out of the sorority house at UIUC on the same day, saving me from a $130 booze fest. Looks like Links at Carillon on Saturday will be my next round.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Played Midlothian this afternoon. Overall, course is in good condition and while the greens still need a week or so to fully heal from the punching, they were pretty fast and true. Finally starting to see some hope for my driver - only couple loose tee shots, but still on the golf course. Managed to lose 2 Ksigs on the 18, which kind made a mediocre round that much worse. The first KSig that found the drink had been in play for almost 2 rounds. Oh, well... Was supposed to play a scramble at Ruffled Feathers (on Friday), but thank god my daughter has to move out of the sorority house at UIUC on the same day, saving me from a $130 booze fest. Looks like Links at Carillon on Saturday will be my next round.

Stan in a sorority house? you need JMoney to jump in and "help" you on this one. He's a giver.

Stan in a sorority house? you need JMoney to jump in and "help" you on this one. He's a giver.

Someone say Sorority? Hmmmm...

Zx5 ~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Someone say Sorority? Hmmmm...

JMoney didn't you date an Eta Bita Pi or was that an I Felta Thi?

I agree.

15 hcp

I agree.

It’s a perfect course to play at twilight - if the greens are somewhat decent.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

Played Gleneagles on Saturday. First time ever there. Had a 9am tee time on the White course as a single, managed to get out a bit after 8. Surprised to see it rather empty! The whit course was challenging because there was a recent tournament and the greens were fast! Anything above the hole guaranteed you a 6-8'er coming back...or roll it off the green. Fairways are generous, but they are cut narrow. In the rough and distance control is a problem.

I finished the white in just over two hours! Played through several groups who were very kind...

So, I decided to play the Red course right after. Again, a great 4-some let me jump out ahead of them on the first tee, and it was pretty wide open from there. The Red is distinctly different than the white. The greens were not as fast, but smaller and less undulating as the White.

I really love these older classic golf clubs as they make you think your way around the course.

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter