Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Last second round at Carillon. The greens have gotten little slower since the Saturday,, but overall the course is in very nice shape. Played Red/White from the tips. After donkeying around the front for 43, found some rhythm on the back and shot even par. Only 1 birdie all day, and it came on the vaunted last hole (9 on White). Good things happen when you at least attempt to play it smart. 4 iron, 4 iron, chip wedge to 5'. Back for more at the course on Friday (tournament/outing). Having 2 teeth pulled tomorrow morning - which may be a blessing in the sky (possibly not being able to enjoy adult beverages on the course should help scoring).

... Not too bad at Carillon today although thankfully I was expecting slow greens so I was not disappointed. They were not terrible but certainly slower than usual. Juuuuust missed an eagle put on the Gauntlet. Playing from the blues I hit a driver and 5 iron as good as I can hit both and had 15 feet up hill to a back pin. Barely slid by on the high side, something I did all day long as they just are not taking their normal breaks. You would think after several holes your brain would get the message, but no. I cut breaks in half refusing to believe they would not break more than a few inches when I have seen those break a foot or more thru the years.

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... Ventus Velocore Red 5R
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:            2023 Maxfli Tour/2024 TP5x

Highlands of Elgin tomorrow. How are the greens?

Going there Saturday afternoon with a buddy. He called to ask if they had aerified but they said "not yet".

Following holiday weekend, we are going Saturday to TPC Deere Run. They have an all day guest fee of $149 which is a great deal. We have the 2nd tee time of the day and should be able to get in 54 or 63.

If you guys are interested, Pro Circle Golf in Springpring Grove is having their big Demo Day on June 9th. Off the grass range. Completely free. I believe there's a discount that day and week on any purchases. Just saw it today when I hit some balls. cbdc47fb35c99d934ec0d54857136245.jpg

Isn’t Adams dead? WTF?

Ha yeah! Nike is done too! I think they've used this sign for a long time! Just keep changing the date!

That’s awesome

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Sigh. The "perfect" weekend forecast now call for rain this evening, and into tomorrow morning. If Harborside is cart path only tomorrow because of a little rain I'm going to slit my wrists.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Ravisloe tomorrow early. The rain WILL stop at 7:35 am. Told it has been!

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I just blew past a car with Illinois plates that read "I GOLF." It was on the highway north of Milwaukee headed in the direction of Kohler. Which one of you pirates has elected to share your paycheck with your cousins north of the border?

Phred

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.

I just blew past a car with Illinois plates that read "I GOLF." It was on the highway north of Milwaukee headed in the direction of Kohler. Which one of you FIB pirates has elected to share your paycheck with your cousins north of the border and is about to get a speeding ticket for going 1 MPH over the posted limit?

Phred

Updated that for you Sir for completeness.

Sigh. The "perfect" weekend forecast now call for rain this evening, and into tomorrow morning. If Harborside is cart path only tomorrow because of a little rain I'm going to slit my wrists.

You need to use AccuWeather Arg. It's showing partially cloudy, which I take to be partial sunshine, from 8A-5P.

I am looking at Accuweather. It's currently showing on and off rain and drizzle tonight, and an occasional morning rain for tomorrow. The hourly forecast shows a 25% chance of rain at 8 am, and 20% from 9 am until noon. I guess that's their idea of occasional rain. 'Perhaps it's not as bad as I suspected.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

You need to use AccuWeather Arg. It's showing partially cloudy, which I take to be partial sunshine, from 8A-5P.

I am looking at Accuweather. It's currently showing on and off rain and drizzle tonight, and an occasional morning rain for tomorrow. The hourly forecast shows a 25% chance of rain at 8 am, and 20% from 9 am until noon. I guess that's their idea of occasional rain. 'Perhaps it's not as bad as I suspected.

Ah...you're probably looking at Chicago and I'm looking at the western burbs by Iowa. Forgot about crossing the 294 border.

If you guys are interested, Pro Circle Golf in Springpring Grove is having their big Demo Day on June 9th. Off the grass range. Completely free. I believe there's a discount that day and week on any purchases. Just saw it today when I hit some balls. cbdc47fb35c99d934ec0d54857136245.jpg

Isn't Adams dead? WTF?

Ha yeah! Nike is done too! I think they've used this sign for a long time! Just keep changing the date!

Legends never die....

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

I swear by WeatherUnderground. Once you go graph you never go back.

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

I just blew past a car with Illinois plates that read "I GOLF." It was on the highway north of Milwaukee headed in the direction of Kohler. Which one of you FIB pirates has elected to share your paycheck with your cousins north of the border and is about to get a speeding ticket for going 1 MPH over the posted limit?

Phred

Updated that for you Sir for completeness.

Still a little bitter about getting the FIB treatment by the Wisconsin State PD, huh? When I drove through a construction zone at 80 mph outside New Berlin, I did it for all the Illinoisans who have been wrongfully persecuted.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Was able to get out to the range / course for the 2nd time since last July. Last time I was out there was in March and it was miserably cold so it was more of a testing the new Puma's session than anything else. Today I was able to knock a fair amount of rust off and was hitting the ball pretty well at the end of the session. However, I've apparently developed quite a flip over not playing the last 10 months so the next few sessions will be geared towards getting the body back more involved and silencing the arms a little.

Highlands of Elgin looked to be in solid shape also.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet LS 9* | Kai'Li White 60X

3W: Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5* | Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 18* | Tensei AV White 90x

3i-4i: Mizuno Pro 225 | C-Taper 130x

5i-9i: Mizuno MP4 | C-Taper 130x

Wedges: TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 48* / 53* / 58* | C-Taper 130x / S+

Putter: Custom Shop Cameron Studio Select Squareback 1 - 34"

Cart path only at Harborside after a light rain and 4 dry days. F*ck this place.

Going to head to Willow Hill some time next week and do some light chipping around the green and some putting. Hopefully taking full swings in June. Baby steps.

Gotta be honest, the crappy weather on weekends makes not being able to play a lot easier to handle mentally. So selfishly I've been hoping for crap weather. Sorry guys.

TPC - Northbrook. .

we lucked out. started in the morning mist with grey skies. got down to shirtsleeves for the back nine.

fairways nice. the rough was thick and sticky. greens were excellent.

pleasant walking pace of a bit over three and stayed for breakfast.

the placed was pretty busy at 9:15 / 9:30 when I was leaving.

just perfect for early April.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Going to head to Willow Hill some time next week and do some light chipping around the green and some putting. Hopefully taking full swings in June. Baby steps.

Gotta be honest, the crappy weather on weekends makes not being able to play a lot easier to handle mentally. So selfishly I've been hoping for crap weather. Sorry guys.

Welcome back! Take it slow.

Interesting company at Harborside this morning. I played with a father and son from Augusta, GA. The father is an ex-FBI agent, and now head of security at Augusta National. 'Very interesting stories, and a heck of a good player. They helped keep me distracted from the mind numbing cart path only golf. It could have been worse, though. We got the all clear on the 13th hole to take the carts in the fairways. The place has to seriously consider a renovation of the drainage system. No way the course should be CPO after a light rain.

Decent day ballstriking with the new irons. No way I'm ever going to confuse them with my forged Mizuno's, but they get the job done. They are more forgiving on toe hits, which is my common miss. It'll take a few rounds to dial them in, but I'm pleased with the initial results.

Willow Crest GC tomorrow, and right now it's looking like scattered showers in the morning.

Interesting company at Harborside this morning. I played with a father and son from Augusta, GA. The father is an ex-FBI agent, and now head of security at Augusta National. 'Very interesting stories, and a heck of a good player. They helped keep me distracted from the mind numbing cart path only golf.

Uh-oh, Argonne has an "in" at ANGC. Maybe?

Another round at Carilllon (yesterday afternoon). Played ok, few loose shots, and ended up with 76. A 2-man scramble match play at Old Oak this afternoon. First time playing the course this year and it did not disappoint. They keep improving the course slowly but surely (are you listening Ruffled Feathers?). Still can’t putt to save my life, but my partner bailed me out on more than few occasions. Down 3 after 9, drove the 10th green (only a birdie) and didn’t look back. Won 5 holes on back 9 and finished 2-up.

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

I played Cinder Ridge this morning. Once I got past the two groups in front of me, I flew through the rest of the course. I always struggle a bit with the greens there because they’re so much springier than other places but I just played short today and relied on my wedge game. The end result was I only hit 4 greens but shot a 74. I’ll take that.

I was originally supposed to play Fox Bend for round two but I hadn’t gotten a confirmation email so I called and sure enough, they didn’t have me in the system. That would be a lot of driving for two good but not great courses so I splurged on Mistwood instead. Apparently they have a walking rate. Nice to shave $15 off the $100 rate and the $65 weekday twilight is suddenly more affordable. Very good round. Smooth greens that were at about a 9 when I started and 10 when they dried out. I played the black/gold combo and probably would just play the blacks next time. And there will be a next time. I hit 12 fairways and 13 greens. Pretty much the opposite of my Cinder Ridge round but resulted in the same score.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Interesting company at Harborside this morning. I played with a father and son from Augusta, GA. The father is an ex-FBI agent, and now head of security at Augusta National. 'Very interesting stories, and a heck of a good player. They helped keep me distracted from the mind numbing cart path only golf. It could have been worse, though. We got the all clear on the 13th hole to take the carts in the fairways. The place has to seriously consider a renovation of the drainage system. No way the course should be CPO after a light rain.

Decent day ballstriking with the new irons. No way I'm ever going to confuse them with my forged Mizuno's, but they get the job done. They are more forgiving on toe hits, which is my common miss. It'll take a few rounds to dial them in, but I'm pleased with the initial results.

Willow Crest GC tomorrow, and right now it's looking like scattered showers in the morning.

I was up at 5am this morning for a 6:30 tee time - it was not a light rain. It was an all out down pour. I hesitated driving out as it was raining so hard I thought we'd be washed out. Cart path only today wasn't terrible, my group got around in 3 hours. CPO should be expected on days like that.

Harborside can't do anything about the drainage, it's the clay on top of the industrial waste the course was built on. It will always be that way

The far south side of Chicago got less than 1/4" inch of rain last night. (https://www.isws.illinois.edu/data/ccprecipnet/livedata.asp?stn=19&dt=t)

Never heard of a course rescinding CPO 2/3 of the way through a round. Weird.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna