2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

Anyone play any of the Joliet Park District courses? Grew up with summers at Innwood off 52 as my dad still works there some 40 years later.

Also Kankakee Elks?

Kankakee Elks is solid. very good greens, solid layout/architecture, and great price.

Is that the course next to the highway? Always looks great as I pass through.

looking forward to playing Flossmoor tomorrow (it will be my second visit)

I may swing by the company picnic in St Charles on the way back for a free 9 (lots of driving though)

I've wanted to hit up Ravisloe for quite some time.

Maybe I can do that instead...

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Played Kankakee Elks about 2 weeks ago and it was in very good shape. Greens rolled smooth but on the slow side.8.5-9ish

$25 w- cart.

Qi10 Max 9* ~ TPT Nitro 17 Hi

TRS 2 15* Ventus Red TR 6s

TRS 2 21* Ventus Red TR 7s

JDM Cally X Forged star~ Mitsu OTi 95s 
Kyoei KK ~ Nippon 115
LAB Golf DF3~ TPT

Never tell a grown man how to spend his money...

Anyone play any of the Joliet Park District courses? Grew up with summers at Innwood off 52 as my dad still works there some 40 years later.

Also Kankakee Elks?

Only played Woodruff. One of the first courses I ever played. They maintain it well. Its a short course par 69. No par 5s on the course. I play it from the tips. Front 9 is tame. Back has some teeth. There are better courses but I wouldn't kick it out of bed. Shot my first sub 40 9 holes (37) at Woodruff. It has a special place in my heart for that reason.

Also Kankakee Elks?

Kankakee Elks is solid. very good greens, solid layout/architecture, and great price.

No, it's not near I-57. It's tucked along the Kankakee River, ~16 miles from the I-57/Court St exit. 'Definitely worth a visit.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Sunset opens it's doors on 8/17 and you can be one of the first to play it for the low low price of $250 which includes lunch and opening ceremony and shotgun start.

Lol. What are they serving for lunch? Caviar, lobster, and Kobe steak? A course that'll be $55 to walk is charging $250 to play on greens that will likely be as hard as pool tables? I'll pass, but I'm sure I'll tee it up there next season.

Looks like a few on course contests and some stuff in the clubhouse afterwards. Funds are supposed to support junior golf as well. baaeea208fb40b4556a416b776fa699a.jpg

Also Kankakee Elks?

No, it's not near I-57. It's tucked along the Kankakee River, ~16 miles from the I-57/Court St exit. 'Definitely worth a visit.

That is the private Kankakee Country Club. Always wanted to play it everytime I drove to and from Chambana. Def looks cool.

Cobra KING LTD Pro 8.5º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
Tour Edge Exotics CB5 15º - Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
*Titleist 816H2 21º (C1) - Graphite Design AD DI 105S (Double Eagle/Albatross 7/15/17)

OR - *Titleist 712U 3i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 712U 4i - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 - Aerotech SteelFiber 110S
Titleist Vokey SM5 46.08, SM6 50.12F, SM6 56.14F bent to 55 True Temper DG S200
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks V-Grind 60.10 True Temper DG S200
Scotty Cameron Bullseye Blade By Titleist

I may swing by the company picnic in St Charles on the way back for a free 9 (lots of driving though)

Flossmoor is really nice, I played it last week. There're some really good holes, some are hard, and some you can score. The greens are relatively small. 17 might be the hardest hole I've payed in a long time.

Ravisloe is one of my favorites. If you have time for 36, and that’s your only opportunity to be in the area, go for it.

Also Kankakee Elks?

Kankakee Elks is a solid but imbalanced Langford course. The front nine is a 3232-yard par 37 with some extremely short par 4s and three very different par 5s. I like the 9th hole, a 500-yard par 5 that opens up and has water near the green. It's a good risk/reward setup that can be really getable or lead to a big number. The back plays much longer. It has only one 5, a really tricked out green on 13, and 15-18 is a difficult finish to the round. Like all Langford courses (at least around here), it has elevated greens with a significant amount of movement and some very tight holes that hint at driver not necessarily always being the smart play off the tee. The maintenance is good and the greens are smooth but not fast.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Also Kankakee Elks?

That is the private Kankakee Country Club. Always wanted to play it everytime I drove to and from Chambana. Def looks cool.

It is nice as several friends have played it. I have not although I too would like to play this Tom Bendelow design. They had their 100th anniversary in 2016 and have some reasonable membership options, although it is a hike for most but close to I-57.

Our group played Flossmoor a few weeks ago and it was in amazing condition. What a classic design!

Also Kankakee Elks?

Kankakee Elks is a solid but imbalanced Langford course. The front nine is a 3232-yard par 37 with some extremely short par 4s and three very different par 5s. I like the 9th hole, a 500-yard par 5 that opens up and has water near the green. It's a good risk/reward setup that can be really getable or lead to a big number. The back plays much longer. It has only one 5, a really tricked out green on 13, and 15-18 is a difficult finish to the round. Like all Langford courses (at least around here), it has elevated greens with a significant amount of movement and some very tight holes that hint at driver not necessarily always being the smart play off the tee. The maintenance is good and the greens are smooth but not fast.

Correct driver is not needed on many of the par 4/5's IMO. I use my 5 wood many times just fine. The elevated greens force an air game which suits me.

Also Kankakee Elks?

Wedgewood has just started "renovations" after selling off the land on the corner of Caton Farm Rd & Rt 59 (what constituted half of the Par 5 6th). Trees have been felled, temp green on 6. Probably best to avoid.

http://thetimesweekly.com/news/2014/jun/30/park-district-planning-sell-chunk-wedgewood-course/

https://www.martindesigngolf.com/current-projects

Facing the challenging Hills of Palatine tomorrow. Who knew there were hills in Palatine?

Are they more challenging than the Hills of Bartlett?

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Feel free to contact me anytime for lessons in "How to speak Australian."

Point in case at Village Links the other day during the thunderstorm, I went into the pro-shop and inquired, "Need a raincheck mate coz we paid for a tee-time before 3pm and now it's twilight rates so sort that out alright mate." Got nothing but a blank stare from the assistant and he gives me a full refund. I then say, "Nah mate, just a refund for the portion for the difference for the twilight rate." He goes, I can't get you out until 5:49 due to a league playing. I go, "Yeah nah, we're gonna tee off right now like I said just want the difference mate." He goes, "That's fine just go play." My playing partners go in and ask for the same deal and were told by the assistant, "Sorry can't do that for you. I just gave him a full refund because I couldn't understand anything he said!"

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Point in case at Village Links the other day during the thunderstorm, I went into the pro-shop and inquired, "Need a raincheck mate coz we paid for a tee-time before 3pm and now it's twilight rates so sort that out alright mate." Got nothing but a blank stare from the assistant and he gives me a full refund. I then say, "Nah mate, just a refund for the portion for the difference for the twilight rate." He goes, I can't get you out until 5:49 due to a league playing. I go, "Yeah nah, we're gonna tee off right now like I said just want the difference mate." He goes, "That's fine just go play." My playing partners go in and ask for the same deal and were told by the assistant, "Sorry can't do that for you. I just gave him a full refund because I couldn't understand anything he said!"

This is hilarious!

Facing the challenging Hills of Palatine tomorrow. Who knew there were hills in Palatine?

Are they more challenging than the Hills of Bartlett?

Not even close. Is PH on your list of courses played?

No, PH is one of a handful that I haven't played. They don't give tee times to singles, and I've had no luck lining up a 2nd to play with.

lol - As an Englishman who get's routinely mistaken for Australian on a daily basis I can identify with this.

Rough day at VL in the middle of supercells yesterday. 11 greens but 36 putts for a 79. Was kind of wet out there on the ground but after 3 holes it had drained quite well.

3:00

3:25

How is the 9 hole course there?

In terms of condition, I'm not sure. As regards to the layout it is a very good challenge. Not much less than the 18 hole course.

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Has anyone played Ravisloe recently? How are the conditions? Green speeds?

Thanks

My playing buddies were there last Saturday morning and the greens had not been cut for 2 days because the super said "our truck broke down". Maybe the truck has been fixed since.

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Are there any courses in Central Illinois between here and St. Louis that are known to stay in very good shape/good greens etc? Driving to St. Louis and was going to stop and play in a couple weekends. I have played Weaverridge a ton and am looking for something new. Conditioning is key. Doesn't have to be directly off 55, just in the vicinity of going in the right direction.

Are there any courses in Central Illinois between here and St. Louis that are known to stay in very good shape/good greens etc? Driving to St. Louis and was going to stop and play in a couple weekends. I have played Weaverridge a ton and am looking for something new. Conditioning is key. Doesn't have to be directly off 55, just in the vicinity of going in the right direction.

The Rail in Springfield is a very nice course and hosted an LPGA event for years. They also allow singles to book if you're playing solo.

The Rail in Springfield is a very nice course and hosted an LPGA event for years. They also allow singles to book if you're playing solo.

Another vote for The Rail. Also, Coyote Creek was in excellent shape and Metamora Fields is usually very well-maintained. Red Tail Run in Decatur claims they have good conditioning but I've never played it. Same with Stone Creek.

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

Has anyone played Ravisloe recently? How are the conditions? Green speeds?

Thanks

My playing buddies were there last Saturday morning and the greens had not been cut for 2 days because the super said "our truck broke down". Maybe the truck has been fixed since.

I walked it last Sunday morning, and while conditions were generally good, the greens were on the slow side.