Titleist TSR3, w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue with Xlink Tech 65
Titleist 915Fd, w/Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S
19* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85

24* TSR3 Hybrid, w/Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 85
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 6-P, w/UST Recoil 95 F4
Callaway 52* MD5 JAWS S Grind
Callaway 58* PM Grind 19
T.P. Mills Professional Series Klassic/Odyssey O Works Tank #7

A local muni does this in the morning when they have an outing in the afternoon. Play the front nine in less than 2 hours, then come to #10 and find 3 groups waiting, play the back in 2.5 hours. Of course not only do they not tell you about the double-tee in advance or post it anywhere on their website, they don't even tell you about the afternoon outing.

I work at a facility with 36 holes, we have all four tees operating Fri, Sat, Sun and allow for 1.5 hours for the groups to cross over.

I haven't seen anyone complain about having to wait for 8 minutes after playing their front nine in less than 1.5 hours because it just doesn't seem to happen.

If you have to wait for three groups to tee off after having played your first nine then that appears to be bad management of the tee times/course allocation or horrendously slow/poorly managed slow play and the course marshal needs to sort that out.

Either way it just shouldn't happen.

[quote name='samgolf45' timestamp='1431906856' post='11575488']
Double tee times.Maybe the most stupid idea in the history of golf.I had a 6.52am tee time at Disney Magnolia.Played the front nine in 1.5 hours.Made the turn and hit the logjam.3 hours to play the second nine
From ecstasy to agony .Needed to vent
[/quote]

never heard of such a thing for an 18 hole course. I've had two tee times when booking 36 holes, or a course with 27 and we wanted to play the 3rd 9.

[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1431966721' post='11579366']
Double tee times.Maybe the most stupid idea in the history of golf.I had a 6.52am tee time at Disney Magnolia.Played the front nine in 1.5 hours.Made the turn and hit the logjam.3 hours to play the second nine
[/quote]

never heard of such a thing for an 18 hole course. I've had two tee times when booking 36 holes, or a course with 27 and we wanted to play the 3rd 9.
[/quote]

Very common at the military courses here in Hawaii on weekends. Usually the last tee time on both sides will be 8:45 (with the first at 7:00). That usually eliminates the log jam at the turn.

[quote name='golfcarte' timestamp='1431918014' post='11576686']
next time play a course with more than 18 holes on its complex. i have a 45-holer near me and i never have a problem making the turn.
[/quote]pretty sure they have 54 holes so he did do as you suggested.

Titleist TSR3 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

[quote name='hebsan' timestamp='1431977414' post='11580516']
[quote name='larrybud' timestamp='1431966721' post='11579366']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Very common at the military courses here in Hawaii on weekends. Usually the last tee time on both sides will be 8:45 (with the first at 7:00). That usually eliminates the log jam at the turn.
[/quote]

Second that^^^. The good thing is that they stop sending people out after the last tee time. If you miss the end time, you have to wait three hours to go out. Other courses like the Prince will let you go out on the front nine, then check back in with the starter to figure out the best place to send you out for the second. They have 27 holes. Ive not been delayed much in either case.

I felt really good about that shot....
Until I hit it.

[quote name='HISPL' timestamp='1431959774' post='11578492']
I work at a facility with 36 holes, we have all four tees operating Fri, Sat, Sun and allow for 1.5 hours for the groups to cross over.

I haven't seen anyone complain about having to wait for 8 minutes after playing their front nine in less than 1.5 hours because it just doesn't seem to happen.

If you have to wait for three groups to tee off after having played your first nine then that appears to be bad management of the tee times/course allocation or horrendously slow/poorly managed slow play and the course marshal needs to sort that out.

Either way it just shouldn't happen.
[/quote]

Agreed. I worked at an 18-hole course years ago who did double tees on Fri-Sun. We had a few times where guys would blister through the front and they'd have to wait a bit on the back to go off, but it didn't happen very often, and when it did, it wasn't anything more than getting to the tee and having the last group of the morning teeing off on the box. I don't ever remember it being more than a group.

There are a few problems with double tees, one being that any slow group will literally slow down the entire course as everyone is dependent on everyone else, where as with single tees, you have no impact on the groups in front of you. The other is you don't have any tee times for something like 2-2.5 hours in the later morning and early afternoon. At times people would be calling in to get a time at like 9:15 and the answer was usually, "you can do 7:45 or 11:15" or something like that.

We'd always let people know in the first five groups or so about double tees to set expectations. The people playing within the first few groups expect to be off the course in 3 hours, and we'd let them know it just wasn't going to happen with how the schedule was looking.

The benefits? It allows the staff to get things done during the crossover time. You still need to have someone at the desk should someone show up super early for their tee time, or hit the range, but for the most part, everything was pretty quiet. Guest Service guys would go hit range balls out of the woods back to the range, clean up the areas, all that jazz.

But the biggest benefit? I don't remember the exact number but you're able to get about 10 additional tee times per day doing it this way. That's the real reason to do it. If you know you're going to have a packed weekend, this is additional income without incurring additional expense.

As for doing it with outings, it's a good way to get play out in the morning before a late morning shotgun. A full shotgun is 144 players, or two groups per hole. If it was less than that, say, 120 players, we'd do a double tee and send people off for maybe only 45 minutes or an hour. That's still an extra 8-10 tee times you wouldn't normally do. So instead of putting the shotgun off holes 1-16 or whatever, we'd do something like 1-7 and 10-16 as the groups from the morning would be wrapping up their rounds on holes 8-9 and 17-18. The morning groups would never have an issue with the shotgun at all because they're not crossing over.

There were some times where we'd only put off 1 group on par 3s and three groups on the longer par 5s during a shotgun instead of the standard two per hole, every hole, to avoid backups where they normally happen.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1431917354' post='11576598']
Four and a half hours on a resort course doesn't seem unusual.
[/quote]

Beats our 5 hour round on our resort course in addition my friends that got removed from the course at 6:00pm on the 16th hole. Couldnt even finish their round.

The hard part with resort courses is the double booking to make sure the course is maxed..... my goodness talk about packed liked sardines....waiting every hole felt like I was at a Scramble tournament

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='R Hagan' timestamp='1432072633' post='11588938']
Try living in Myrtle Beach where EVERY course double tees every day.
[/quote]

Had some friends from New England come down to Virginia for 4 days one April. Weather turned bad a day before they got in, so we decided to head for Myrtle. The 3 courses we played had log jams on the back 9 from double booking. We were hoping to play 36 holes a day.......didn't work out. We did get 27 in one day. That was my first and last trip to Myrtle Beach for golf.

Double Tee's works very well when managed properly and enough time is given to start the groups properly. Florida in the summer everyone wants to play early because of the afternoon rain. A lot of courses use double tee's to maximize morning play and revenue, this is a business after all. Most courses especially public ones are to greedy with there tee time spacing to make it work effectively though.

I've experienced the "double tees" syndrome numerous times in Myrtle Beach. First off the tee at 7:30am, but they send golfers off #1 and #10 until at least 9:30am. No sense in playing the front nine briskly, as you'll be waiting on #10 (or #1) tee until the final group tees off at 9:30am or thereabouts. On the positive side, the marshals usually tell you this in advance...

[quote name='Schoolboy' timestamp='1432259524' post='11605422']
I've experienced the "double tees" syndrome numerous times in Myrtle Beach. First off the tee at 7:30am, but they send golfers off #1 and #10 until at least 9:30am. No sense in playing the front nine briskly, as you'll be waiting on #10 (or #1) tee until the final group tees off at 9:30am or thereabouts. On the positive side, the marshals usually tell you this in advance...
[/quote]

Perfect, an incentive to play slow.

Great idea! lol

I can totally see courses booking way too many people for the time allotted in this scenario.

[/quote]

Just slow.

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1432070477' post='11588722']
[/quote]

Beats our 5 hour round on our resort course in addition my friends that got removed from the course at 6:00pm on the 16th hole. Couldnt even finish their round.

The hard part with resort courses is the double booking to make sure the course is maxed..... my goodness talk about packed liked sardines....waiting every hole felt like I was at a Scramble tournament
[/quote]

5 hours is brutal!

Handicap:  3

The key is that they can't let the guys that tee off on 1 play 10 until all the people that are teeing off on 10 have done so. Otherwise those players just slow down the course. Realistically the course should stop sending people out on the back 90 mins after the first group tees off but no course is really into passing up on revenue:)

I have played all of the Disney courses and it is always a 4.5 to 5 hour round.

Now years ago this wasn't the case. They sent groups out every 10 minutes - you never saw anyone in front of you and no one behind you pushed you. Marshals kept things moving along. And you could finish is about 3.5 to 4 hours most of the time.

But then a few years back they started packing people in having made the realization that every player equates to the monies made for the greens fees plus all of the monies spent for snacks and drinks.

The last time I played LBV (about a month ago) we arrived at number 1 about 10 minutes before our tee time. And there were four full groups waiting already. Another two groups pulled up that had times ahead of us and the starter advised everyone "We are currently running 20 minutes behind. Relax and putt a little and I will call your group up when it is time." That round took 5.5 hours. Two groups in front was a family and they were really struggling with the holes but never considered picking up, speeding up, or giving up. They paid their money just like everyone else so, in typical Disney fashion, I sat back, sipped on my beverage of choice, and listened to the sounds of Disney in the background.

Bottom line - when you play any of the courses in the tourist zone of O-town it is going to be slow. Unless you happen to get the first time out and you know it's a course that does not send people off of the back. However, in August and September when the heat here would kill those from the north those courses belong to us. I will drink about 2 gallons of water during the round but I can make it around in about 3 hours - even at most of the Disney courses. And best of all they cost less that time of year because of far less demand. (Last summer I played Disney's Magnolia for $25 twice!)

As someone else already said, it's Disney. How could you possibly be anything other than happy????

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Soloman1' timestamp='1431952544' post='11577782']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1431952389' post='11577774']
That's just Goofy.
[/quote]

Cringe. And that's a two shot penalty...
[/quote]
Someone's taking the Mickey out of us!

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

[quote name='JustTheTips' timestamp='1432312904' post='11608812']
The key is that they can't let the guys that tee off on 1 play 10 until all the people that are teeing off on 10 have done so. Otherwise those players just slow down the course. Realistically the course should stop sending people out on the back 90 mins after the first group tees off but no course is really into passing up on revenue:)
[/quote]
Defeats the purpose of the double crossover then which is to maximum availability of prime time, am tee times.

[/quote]

So 4.5 hours to play a resort course at Disney?

They should have charged you extra for maintaining such a good pace of play.