2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping i-e Irons?

Nessism

I saw the specs sheet yesterday. Really liked the looks. Obviously I didn't take a picture. According to the specs they've got a bigger sole than the i25 though in the picture against the i25 I cannot tell a difference. It obviously minimal. Undercut channel so you basically can't see the tuning port from what I could tell. They're made of the same material as the glide wedges. I think they look fantastic. If anyone is expecting way better looks then the i25 then they will prolly be disappointed. I think the i25 looks great. There is less offset as opposed to the i25. I can't remember totally but the I think the top line was a tad thinner. They give percentages on this on the sheet. No I didn't take a picture.

Also a big thing for me is that they offer PX with no upcharge. That's the shaft I play. I love this move! Yes the no upcharge shafts that have been discussed by others are the ones they will offer, nippon, DG..

This is all I remember, but I think Ping guys will like these. I honestly thought they looked very nice and simple. It's hard to tell by looking at a picture, but I think I'll like these a lot. I will more than likely buy these and some glide wedges. Prolly the ES in the 60. Hell who am I kidding.. I know I'll buy these!

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

[quote name='Techgolfer1' timestamp='1435422780' post='11844908']
I saw the specs sheet yesterday. Really liked the looks. Obviously I didn't take a picture. According to the specs they've got a bigger sole than the i25 though in the picture against the i25 I cannot tell a difference. It obviously minimal. Undercut channel so you basically can't see the tuning port from what I could tell. They're made of the same material as the glide wedges. I think they look fantastic. If anyone is expecting way better looks then the i25 then they will prolly be disappointed. I think the i25 looks great. There is less offset as opposed to the i25. I can't remember totally but the I think the top line was a tad thinner. They give percentages on this on the sheet. No I didn't take a picture.

Also a big thing for me is that they offer PX with no upcharge. That's the shaft I play. I love this move! Yes the no upcharge shafts that have been discussed by others are the ones they will offer, nippon, DG..

This is all I remember, but I think Ping guys will like these. I honestly thought they looked very nice and simple. It's hard to tell by looking at a picture, but I think I'll like these a lot. I will more than likely buy these and some glide wedges. Prolly the ES in the 60. Hell who am I kidding.. I know I'll buy these!
[/quote]

Thanks fore the info. I'm relly enjoying my i25 irons but I am looking foward to seeing these.

Callaway Epic 10.5* Oban Isawa 55 04/S
PING Rapture 13* Oban Kiyoshi Gold 65 04/S
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16* Oban Revenge 65 04/S
PING G400 22* Hybrid PING Tour 65 R
PING i200 5 - PW PING AWT S
50 Callaway MD Forged Chrome
54 Callaway MD Forged Chrome
58 Callaway MD PM Black
Toulon Austin Black
Srixon z star

[quote name='magsgolfho' timestamp='1435424139' post='11844990']interested in pics. if i need you to PM me go ahead otherwise please post[/quote]

I've seen a few people put pics on here and I've gotta admit the pics I saw left a little to be desired or maybe a better way to say is they didn't do the clubs justice. The spec sheet was fantastic and really showed them well. The had the s55, gmax or whatever they're called and the i25 and gave percentage differences such as sole, top line, etc between the different clubs. I thought that was cool. I guess what I'm saying is that the pictures I've seen on here didn't look as good as what I saw on the spec sheet. Not to say they were a different club, but they didn't capture the looks as well.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

8 piece set will be $999.99. stock shafts: CFS DISTANCE, DYNAMC GOLD, NIPPON PRO MODUS TOUR 105, PROJECT X, XP 95. 3-9,PW,UW will be the irons available.

Isn't the CFS distance just a longer version of CFS? I have CFS w cushion in the i25s and like em. Would like to regain the little extra distance that I've lost in the last few years....may not get cushion next time....adds weight.

Stealth, TSR2, AP2's, and a JB Versa 

No KBS Shaft available as a standard offering? That would be disappointing. I don't want to get too far ahead of myself, but I was hoping if all worked out during a demo and fitting the i-e would be my fall purchase. I have been in search of new irons and a driver since early 2015 and all my research says a KBS Tour S fits me nearly perfect and that was in multiple manufactures & models. I was under the impression that Ping and KBS had a relationship from a few years back when the KBS Tour was a standard offering in the Tour S wedges

[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1435438310' post='11845842']
8 piece set will be $999.99. stock shafts: CFS DISTANCE, DYNAMC GOLD, NIPPON PRO MODUS TOUR 105, PROJECT X, XP 95. 3-9,PW,UW will be the irons available.

Isn't the CFS distance just a longer version of CFS? I have CFS w cushion in the i25s and like em. Would like to regain the little extra distance that I've lost in the last few years....may not get cushion next time....adds weight.
[/quote]

No KBS? That's interesting...

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

How are the CFS distance different from regular CFS? They seem practically identical?

I wish they had something like a "CFS Pro" that was X-Stiff and about 120 grams.

[b]Distance:[/b]

Soft Regular 2.2° 95g
Regular 2.1° 100g
Stiff 1.8° 110g
X-Stiff 1.6° 115g

[b]Regular:[/b]

Soft Regular 2.2° 94g
Regular 2.1° 99g
Stiff 1.8° 109g
X-Stiff 1.6° 114g

How are the CFS distance different from regular CFS? They seem practically identical?

Soft Regular 2.2° 95g Mid High Regular 2.1° 100g Mid Stiff 1.8° 110g Low Mid X-Stiff 1.6° 115g Low

Regular:

SHAFT FLEX TORQUE WEIGHT LAUNCH ANGLE CFSstandard-magnifier.png Soft Regular 2.2° 94g Mid High Regular 2.1° 99g Mid Stiff 1.8° 109g Mid X-Stiff 1.6° 114g Low Mid

This is a really good question. Are they just renamed?

Soft Regular 2.2° 95g Mid High Regular 2.1° 100g Mid Stiff 1.8° 110g Low Mid X-Stiff 1.6° 115g Low

Regular:

SHAFT FLEX TORQUE WEIGHT LAUNCH ANGLE CFSstandard-magnifier.png Soft Regular 2.2° 94g Mid High Regular 2.1° 99g Mid Stiff 1.8° 109g Mid X-Stiff 1.6° 114g Low Mid

This is a really good question. Are they just renamed?

I feel like I remember sthg about a higher balance pt which allowed them to make them longer (thus distance), but not 100% on that.

[quote name='rbilramz' timestamp='1435440864' post='11846018']
[quote name='gallas2' timestamp='1435438310' post='11845842']

[/quote]

No KBS? That's interesting...
[/quote]

A bit of a tangent, but I wonder if an oem put steel fibers in a club as stock a lot people would buy just to get a decent price on the shafts.

[quote name='Little Ned' timestamp='1435456582' post='11847340']
I liked the iE1 a lot the first time and I like them more and more each day. I have a feeling they're one of those clubs where the picture doesn't do it justice.
[/quote]

I also liked them a lot today when I hit a 7 iron at a Ping fitting tent on course.
They are quoting me through the Pro for the booking order which speeds delivery.
These are good looking irons, the ball feels great off the face, and the trajectory is between mid and high, really ideal for me.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

[quote name='Quasimoto' timestamp='1435457512' post='11847414']
I liked the iE1 a lot the first time and I like them more and more each day. I have a feeling they're one of those clubs where the picture doesn't do it justice.
[/quote]

I also liked them a lot today when I hit a 7 iron at a Ping fitting tent on course.
They are quoting me through the Pro for the booking order which speeds delivery.
These are good looking irons, the ball feels great off the face, and the trajectory is between mid and high, really ideal for me.
[/quote]

How forgiving were they?

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne

[quote name='Little Ned' timestamp='1435457740' post='11847438']
[quote name='Quasimoto' timestamp='1435457512' post='11847414']
[/quote]

[/quote]

How forgiving were they?
[/quote]

I would say as much as the G30's I also hit there. It is a little difficult to say without actually playing with them from all lies.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

[quote name='Quasimoto' timestamp='1435458018' post='11847458']
[quote name='Little Ned' timestamp='1435457740' post='11847438']

How forgiving were they?
[/quote]

I would say as much as the G30's I also hit there. It is a little difficult to say without actually playing with them from all lies.
[/quote]

If this is the case, I'm sold. I'm a huge PING fan in need of forgiveness but not a fan of the G30 looks. Similar forgiveness from the iE1 is music to my ears.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Cobra F8 7W
Cobra F8 4H
Mizuno 919 Hot Metal 5-GW
Callaway MD3 54*
Callaway MD PM 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne