Tiger shoots 85.

Qqq123xx

Zac Blair said tiger would be in his dream pairing and he finally got to play with him today.
How much would it suck to beat your idol by 15 the first time you play with him?....

Driver, 3W, 4W - Macgregor Custom Tourney
2-10 - 1954 Spalding Synchro Dyned
SW - Wilson Staff
Putter - Bullseye
Ball - Pro Plus

YT Channel - [url="https://www.youtube.com/PlayVintageGolf"]https://www.youtube....PlayVintageGolf[/url]

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='baloo' timestamp='1433619699' post='11701654']
Zac Blair said tiger would be in his dream pairing and he finally got to play with him today.
How much would it suck to beat your idol by 15 the first time you play with him?....
[/quote]

I know if it was me, I would shed a tear and sing "[url="https://youtu.be/EqWRaAF6_WY"]there goes my hero[/url]" in my head everytime he duck hooks it into the woods or skulls a chip shot :cry:

This is a familiar tale, it's just sad to see it happen to the best in a generation (and there's an argument for ever).

1. Player gets hurt
2. Player swings around injury and develops terrible habits.
3. Player gets physically better, but the mental scars never heal.
4. Player becomes GC analyst.

The moral of the story is if you are injured, STOP and let your body heal, because by the time it does, your mind may very well be broken.

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433621807' post='11701796']
A couple of points:

1)The number one player in the world just shot an 80 last week and didn't make the cut in a tournament where he was the host

2)50 guys didn't make the cut this week. Tiger Woods did.
[/quote]

Do you honestly think RM putting up an 80, following up a few months with three victories is similar to what TW is going through?

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433622072' post='11701818']
A couple of points:

1)The number one player in the world just shot an 80 last week and didn't make the cut in a tournament where he was the host

[/quote]

Do you honestly think RM putting up an 80, following up a few months with three victories is similar to what TW is going through?
[/quote]

No, but it happens. How many times did Tiger shoot 80 when he was on his run? How many cuts did he miss? Not many. Oh, Rory has missed two cuts in a row.

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1433621988' post='11701816']
A couple of points:

[b]2)50 guys didn't make the cut this week. Tiger Woods did.[/b]
[/quote]

Wow! A made cut. That's pretty cool.
[/quote]

Gotta start somewhere. He is making cuts. But, he can't put 4 round together. Look, he is way out of form for him. But, as bad as he is for him, there are guys that are worse.

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433623071' post='11701884']
[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1433621988' post='11701816']
A couple of points:

[b]2)50 guys didn't make the cut this week. Tiger Woods did.[/b]
[/quote]

Wow! A made cut. That's pretty cool.
[/quote]

Gotta start somewhere. He is making cuts. But, he can't put 4 round together. Look, he is way out of form for him. But, as bad as he is for him, there are guys that are worse.
[/quote]

Some Phil fans who despise TW for making Phil a punching bag for years enjoying this.

Dobt let them troll ypu. Let them enjoy.

[quote name='DRRicks' timestamp='1433620107' post='11701686']
This is great! How long have I been saying that he was done???
[/quote]

Why exactly is it great? Speaks to your lack of class when you wish Ill will on someone you don't even know. Arguably the greatest golfer to ever play the game and I think it's sad to see it come down to this. Kudos to you for thinking it's great though sir.

[/quote]

If he could hit the ball in the fairway regularly he would put 4 rounds together more often. I don't get what he is doing with the driver at all, he doesn't need to be the longest hitter on tour. Hitting the ball out of the junk every other hole has to just grind on you mentally, he was basically a ticking time bomb and today the bomb went off. Maybe it will be for the better if he finally figures it out.

• Callaway Epic Max Mitsubishi MMT 60X
  • Callaway Epic Max  3W 14.5* Mitsubishi MMT 70X
  • Ping G410 Hybrid 19* Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue 80 TX
  • Mizuno HMB 4 iron, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 
  • Mizuno MMC 5-PW, KBS $-Taper 130x
  • Titleist Vokey SM7 52F, Cleveland RTX Zipcore 56, and Vokey SM8 60M
  • Odyssey White OG 7s

[quote name='FargoRC' timestamp='1433623491' post='11701916']

[/quote]

If he could hit the ball in the fairway regularly he would put 4 rounds together more often. I don't get what he is doing with the driver at all, he doesn't need to be the longest hitter on tour. Hitting the ball out of the junk every other hole has to just grind on you mentally, he was basically a ticking time bomb and today the bomb went off. Maybe it will be for the better if he finally figures it out.
[/quote]

The worse part is he hit half the fairways.....7! More than he hit first 2 rounds combined!

I've loved watching Tiger play throughout his career but now it's time for him to put the driver away because it's killing his game. If I could I would suggest to him - ditch the driver, go strong 3 wood and put the 2 iron back in the bag and attack the rest of the schedule with surgical precision. Anybody got a phone number for Tiger?

Titleist 913D3 7.75* w/RIP Phenom 60 Stiff Flex
Titleist 913F 12.75* w/RIP Phenom 80 Stiff Flex
Titleist 983K 8.5* w/Project X 7C3 Stiff Flex
Callaway FT Tour 18* w/Project X 5.5 Graphite
Titleist 690.MB 2-Pw w/Project X Flighted 6.0
Vokey Spin-Milled - 54/11, 59/06 & 64/07 w/TTS300
Yes! Nicky @ 32" w/UST Freq Filtered Shaft
Yes! Callie-fc Blackout @ 31.5" (Alternate 1)
Odyssey Black Series #1 w/UST Freq. Filtered Shaft
IOmic Grips throughout the bag...

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433622928' post='11701874']
A couple of points:

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, but it happens. How many times did Tiger shoot 80 when he was on his run? How many cuts did he miss? Not many. Oh, Rory has missed two cuts in a row.
[/quote]

Of course it happens.

But it's nowhere near the same. It's fairly cut and dry when you look at it. RM is WINNING events. He's ranked no. 1 on the planet. TW rarely plays- when he does, he misses cuts or is near the bottom of the leader board.

I'm not saying he won't compete and win again- I'm saying that the circumstances are vastly different. It's clear as day that they are...

[quote name='FargoRC' timestamp='1433623491' post='11701916']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hank Haney explained part of this on his call in show. People say why doesn't he just hit 5 wood or the stinger off the tee. Hank says that nobody doing that could compete on the tour now. You can't be hitting it even 250 and the rest of the field is hitting 50 yards or more past you. He has to figure the driver out. No choice in the modern game as distance is king. Jordan Spieth is considered somewhat short. He better hope his putter or short game never leaves him.

Anyway, Tiger must figure out the driver. Or, he is hosed.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433624121' post='11701966']
[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433622928' post='11701874']
A couple of points:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it happens.

But it's nowhere near the same. It's fairly cut and dry when you look at it. RM is WINNING events. He's ranked no. 1 on the planet. TW rarely plays- when he does, he misses cuts or is near the bottom of the leader board.

I'm not saying he won't compete and win again- I'm saying that the circumstances are vastly different. It's clear as day that they are...
[/quote]

Of course they are one guy is 26 and the other is 40 with a battered body(and other events in life). I don't think Tiger is concerned about being #1 week in and wee out. I think he is concerned about piecing it together in order to compete when it counts and to guys like him and Phil that is 4 times a year.

Rory is obviously at a higher level.

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1433624118' post='11701964']
I don't understand this "you gotta start somewhere". This is a guy who has won 14 majors. What do you mean, start somewhere? I don't think making a cut by perhaps the greatest golfer of all time is considered a "victory". This is the guy who said the person who comes in second is the "first loser".
[/quote]

I think he has played about 7 events since being injured(again) in 2014. That is not a lot of golf. Surely nobody expected him to come back and be winning week in and week out.

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433623849' post='11701946']
Tiger was still number 1 in the world as far back as last year. :swoon: This is no different that a pitcher going down to Single A to rehab. There is too much talent in there somewhere.
[/quote]Thing is can he get back or find somewhere enough. Last year is looking like a longggg time ago. Tomorrow will tell some, he either withdraws or how well/not he plays.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1433617399' post='11701518']
[quote name='bullie76' timestamp='1433617243' post='11701500'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1433617059' post='11701480']
[quote name='bullie76' timestamp='1433616873' post='11701464']I have said it before, but wouldn't be surprised to see him retire sooner rather than later. Can you imagine what he will shoot at the US Open playing like this?[/quote]
I'm hoping he will be able to hit stingers off the tees all day long...
[/quote]
If he can hit a stinger, he should do that now and ditch the driver forever. His pride won't let him do that though.[/quote]

The reason I said hope...no one likes to see someone that was so great play so bad..from Woods to Jordan and more..
[/quote]Not even a resemblance Jordan put up 20 ppg 6rpg 5apg 1spg in his last two seasons as a 38-40 year old wizard. Those stats put MJ in the top 20 in the league at that time.

Tiger on the other hand is barely making the cut.

@therealping

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433624390' post='11701984']
[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1433624118' post='11701964']
I don't understand this "you gotta start somewhere". This is a guy who has won 14 majors. What do you mean, start somewhere? I don't think making a cut by perhaps the greatest golfer of all time is considered a "victory". This is the guy who said the person who comes in second is the "first loser".
[/quote]

I think he has played about 7 events since being injured(again) in 2014. That is not a lot of golf. Surely nobody expected him to come back and be winning week in and week out.
[/quote]

Actually, quite a few folks around here expected him to be winning.

But it's really not about winning. It's about being competitive. It's about being in the mix, near the leaders. By his own admission, injuries are no longer the issue. On top of that, he was said to hitting thousands of balls..