Tiger shoots 85.

Qqq123xx

Just the universe re-balancing itself. That's all.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='darnthealarm' timestamp='1433634003' post='11702770']
[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1433615230' post='11701344']
After that just wondering if the withdrawal will be shortcoming.
[/quote]

Shooting 85 means your going through withdrawals.
[/quote] Good point, especially after hitting hundreds of practice balls the day before. Kinda of a double whammy.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433624125' post='11701968']
[quote name='FargoRC' timestamp='1433623491' post='11701916']
[quote name='herdman' timestamp='1433623071' post='11701884']
Gotta start somewhere. He is making cuts. But, he can't put 4 round together. Look, he is way out of form for him. But, as bad as he is for him, there are guys that are worse.
[/quote]

If he could hit the ball in the fairway regularly he would put 4 rounds together more often. I don't get what he is doing with the driver at all, he doesn't need to be the longest hitter on tour. Hitting the ball out of the junk every other hole has to just grind on you mentally, he was basically a ticking time bomb and today the bomb went off. Maybe it will be for the better if he finally figures it out.
[/quote]

Hank Haney explained part of this on his call in show. People say why doesn't he just hit 5 wood or the stinger off the tee. Hank says that nobody doing that could compete on the tour now. You can't be hitting it even 250 and the rest of the field is hitting 50 yards or more past you. He has to figure the driver out. No choice in the modern game as distance is king. Jordan Spieth is considered somewhat short. He better hope his putter or short game never leaves him.

Anyway, Tiger must figure out the driver. Or, he is hosed.
[/quote]

Umm.. Henrik Stenson won many events hitting his 3 wd off the tee.

This is sucking all the fun out of rooting against him. I've spent years trying to will his golf ball into the water, and now it feels like I'm kicking puppies.

Honestly, I don't see how he gets it back. At what point does the lack of fun overwhelm his interest in working at it? Faldo says he's playing scared and I think he's right. How scary must it be to look forward to a windy, cool U.S. Open when you can't control your ball at a venue like Muirfield where you've won multiple times.

Golf would be more fun if he comes out tomorrow and shoots 65.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1433634866' post='11702826']
Tiger has a long history of silencing the doubters, I really hope he rubs it in this time.
[/quote]

So there is NOTHING he can do that will allow the reality of the situation to sink in for you here huh? I get he's made come backs from injury before. But to say what you just said requires you to not even glance at the cards he's holding. I get never counting him out. But the suggestion you make, that a return to form is inevitable and is merely a matter of time is an irrational optimism rooted in hope or fond memories. At some point, all he's dealt with psychically and emotionally and simple age catches up. The notion that he will perpetually be able to get back to even a consistently solid player requires a closing of the eyes, a clenched fist, and really really hopeful squint before blowing out the candles.

I appreciate your belief but you have to at least try to mix in a little reality. It's not merely an opinion anymore. He shot 85 at a place he has owned in the past. He claims he's healthy, he claims he's Working hard on the range and he's losing by 20 and is DFL.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

[quote name='Rhythm&TempoRenzo' timestamp='1433623997' post='11701956']
I've loved watching Tiger play throughout his career but now it's time for him to put the driver away because it's killing his game. If I could I would suggest to him - ditch the driver, go strong 3 wood and put the 2 iron back in the bag and attack the rest of the schedule with surgical precision. Anybody got a phone number for Tiger?
[/quote]You may be absolutely 100% correct in your post

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* TT Sensicore S-400

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

[quote name='ghoul31' timestamp='1433625785' post='11702126']And of course he never talks to reporters when he has a bad round

The guy has never had any class[/quote]

I completely agree with you, but I also try to see it from his point of view. A lot of people declared him the greatest player of all time and he just shot an 85, he's probably feeling more ashamed or embarrassed than entitled. Who knows tho.

Glove: ML
Tees: 2 3/4
Towel: white
Repair tool: metal
Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying

I just saw bits and pieces of Thursday and Fridays, but from the highlights it looked like he made a lot of putts. In reality, if he doesn't make all those putts is he shooting mid 70's those two days too? It just appears to me that he has to be making just about everything on the greens to even make a cut.

[quote name='KYMAR' timestamp='1433636385' post='11702966']
[quote name='Wknd_Warrior' timestamp='1433634866' post='11702826']
Tiger has a long history of silencing the doubters, I really hope he rubs it in this time.
[/quote]

So there is NOTHING he can do that will allow the reality of the situation to sink in for you here huh? I get he's made come backs from injury before. But to say what you just said requires you to not even glance at the cards he's holding. I get never counting him out. But the suggestion you make, that a return to form is inevitable and is merely a matter of time is an irrational optimism rooted in hope or fond memories. At some point, all he's dealt with psychically and emotionally and simple age catches up. The notion that he will perpetually be able to get back to even a consistently solid player requires a closing of the eyes, a clenched fist, and really really hopeful squint before blowing out the candles.

I appreciate your belief but you have to at least try to mix in a little reality. It's not merely an opinion anymore. He shot 85 at a place he has owned in the past. He claims he's healthy, he claims he's Working hard on the range and he's losing by 20 and is DFL.
[/quote]I was ready to write something, which I thought to be a rational well thought out opinion, then I read this post.

Bro, you suck :)

However you very nicely slapped me back into reality, lol

And you weren't even addressing me-

Very Well played :)

Have a great weekend!!!

All the Best,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Take this with a grain of salt.....you guys are pathetic! Whether he plays ok or sucks he isn't relevant to today's game due in part to his insatiable desire to "own" his swing rather than just "play" causing many aliments and to add very poor "karma" for being a womanizer and a jerk.....

His game for a 15 year window was/is the best golf we'll see for overall consistency and domination.

However it has passed and Rory, Jordan, Justin and far more important to talk about and discuss.....

FIGJAM and Glover both played poorly but not a peep.....

Let's agree to leave this former great player to "figuring out" his game.

The game is much bigger than any one individual despite his apparent omnipresence believed by some....

Ebb and flow of golf say that some 15 year old will be a household name in less than 10 yrs and we'll get on with our golfing lives....until then let Rory,Rickie,Jordan and Justin entertain Us! Cheers.....

[quote name='Foreleft' timestamp='1433635366' post='11702874']
A player of Tiger's caliber does not suddenly forget how to get the ball in the hole. Granted, he might shoot a 75, but to shoot an 85 at that level when the scoring for the rest of the field was pretty benign, something is very, very wrong.

Maybe the back is acting up after 2 rounds.
[/quote]

Stick a fork in Tiger. He has forgotten.. for the rest of us there is still time to wake up.

Even the best player of a generation, can loose HIS swing listening to others tell him how to swing, one body part at a time.....

Its what Faldo and Jack agreed, today.
Drop the biomechanics and go back to controlling the clubface, subconsciously.

PS L Ko is on the same track with the "A" Swing. She made the cut this weekend too.

[color=#333333][size=3][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]It is difficult for me to watch this happen. The only thing I can come up with; considering he is only 39, is that the unneccessary and overly aggressive swing that has been his trademark since he started playing has finally taken its toll. His body is beaten up and will no longer respond as it has in the past, despite any adjustments he makes to his swing. I am happy that I was able to watch and follow his career. Along with all of his wins, he is responsible for many good things for the game of golf, and did much to enhance the quality of the PGA Tour. He is arguably one of the best players in the history of the game. Whatever he does, from now on, in golf, I wish him all the best.[/background][/size][/color]

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

[quote name='TMAG&#045;firemedic' timestamp='1433638285' post='11703144']
Take this with a grain of salt.....you guys are pathetic! Whether he plays ok or sucks he isn't relevant to today's game due in part to his insatiable desire to "own" his swing rather than just "play" causing many aliments and to add very poor "karma" for being a womanizer and a jerk.....

His game for a 15 year window was/is the best golf we'll see for overall consistency and domination.

However it has passed and Rory, Jordan, Justin and far more important to talk about and discuss.....

The game is much bigger than any one individual despite his apparent omnipresence believed by some....

Ebb and flow of golf say that some 15 year old will be a household name in less than 10 yrs and we'll get on with our golfing lives....until then let Rory,Rickie,Jordan and Justin entertain Us! Cheers.....
[/quote]

Who's figjam and Glover? A crime fighting duo?

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433639494' post='11703252']
[quote name='TMAG&#045;firemedic' timestamp='1433638285' post='11703144']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes....did their darndest to protect the birdies ;-)

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433639494' post='11703252']
[quote name='TMAG&amp;#045;firemedic' timestamp='1433638285' post='11703144']

[/quote]

[/quote]Nice response Hoges :)

I was only going to say that calling those that you obviously have a different viewpoint "pathetic" is a tad personal, especially for a thread in a golf forum, lmao.

Another thing is there are a lot of Great Guys who posted on both sides of the table.

I really don't have feelings one way or the other on Tiger, as he doesn't sign any check that I cash, he can't cure the cancer that I have and I've never even met the guy for chrissakes.

However I would kindly disagree with ya on calling these Guys pathetic, regardless of their views.

A few, misguided, maybe, but pathetic?

Based off of one or two posts in a forum?

Nah, there I'm gonna have to say no dice-

Regardless TMaG, I wish ya the best and hope that you're Havin a great season

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24