2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Tiger shoots 85.

Qqq123xx

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#292F33]
[url="https://twitter.com/GCTigerTracker"][b]GC Tiger Tracker[/b] ‏[size=3][color=#B1BBC3]@[/color]GCTigerTracker[/size] [/url] [url="https://twitter.com/GCTigerTracker/status/607548096638263296"]3 minil y a 3 minutes[/url]Voir la traduction[/color][color=#292F33]
Well, that wasn't pretty. Drive way left at 13.[/color]
[color=#292F33]
Still work to do ! 100% FIR wasn't possible[/color]

Let me preface this by saying I am a Tiger fan.

Having said that, he is an incredible study in psychology right now. He is so delusional in how he continues to tell the media leading up to this week that his "game is close, trending in the right direction, blah, blah, blah". 85 for Tiger Woods is not "close"...It's flat out sh*tty! It would be better for everyone if he just admitted he sucks right now and just went away for a while.

And Como is not working. Go it alone and don't come back until you can figure out how to swing a driver without dropping your head six inches and hitting it 60 yards off line to the right.

- Josh

Winn grips and a Haneypowerclinic.com dvd?

I think Tiger's biggest problem is, at this point, he doesn't have a default swing, you know, so he can actually just [b]play golf instead of golf swing[/b]. I'm sure there are others, but Faldo is the only great player I can think of that rebuilt his swing when he was already a top player and later had more success. Faldo redid his swing once and stuck with Leadbetter. This is swing number 4 for Tiger with 4 different guys and all the swings look quite different. If you watch a Champions' Tour event, all the swings are recognizable, though sometimes shorter.

Nickent 4DX Evolver 10.5*  UST Proforce V2 HL 60R

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider Copper Cobalt 35"

or Ray Cook M1-A Austin  35"

[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1433651692' post='11704136']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1433644664' post='11703702']
[quote name='SilverBullets' timestamp='1433627390' post='11702282']
I followed him for 4 or 5 holes yesterday and actually saw him play pretty well during that stretch (2 birdies). The guy just doesn't look right. I've been going to the memorial on and off for 15 years. I went to presidents cup last year. Every time I see tiger play at least 1 hole. He looks different.

I made it a point to simply watch him when he wasn't hitting the ball. He looks like he is in pain. Like constant pain. Maybe he isn't injured and maybe this is just how he is, but he looked like he was in pain. When reading putts, he never bent down. Always squatted with a straight back. To put a tee in the ground he bent down at the waist but always kept a straight back.

I was with a buddy who played college basketball and has pretty bad back problems due to it. He was watching as well and contentiously pointed out when tiger was stretching out his back. It was after virtually every shot. Most of the time he looked like he was just squatting reading a putt but you could visibly see him fidgeting around trying to loosen up.

I don't think we will ever see Tiger on top again. We may see him get back to form and win some tournaments but the guy looks completely fragile and injured. At this point, nothing would surprise me.
[/quote]

This post makes me sad. Hard to imagine that kind of existence.

If you're right, why do you think he's still out there? For the money? The fame? The sponsorship fulfillments?

Or is it just stubbornness?

I know this: if covered by pgatour.com , it will be the most watched internet broadcast of the whole tournament.

Just like at Valhalla last year, I personally will be unable to watch.
[/quote]

It was very interesting to watch. I was on the 8 green standing 15 or so feet from him when he hit a fantastic bunker shot to a foot or two. He struggled to walk out of the bunker. It had a pretty steep face and it was pretty visible that he was almost figuring out how to get out. He hesitated, shuffled his feet, and gingerly walked up the slope. He didn't have a misstep or anything like at the PGA when he threw it out but just generally looked extremely stiff. on the green, while reading his putt, he was leaning way back on his feet while squatting, clearly trying to stretch out his back. When he replaced his ball he bent at a perfect 90* angle keeping his back stiff the entire time.

I stood behind him on the 12 tee and it was more of the same. Watched him play 12, 13, 14 and the first half of 15 and he was walking very upright, very gingerly and simply looked stiff. The easiest way to describe how he looked is like he had to drop a deuce.

One weird thing, and he as the only pro I saw do this (watched 5 or 6 groups go through the 9 green) was [i][b]he quickly walked off the 9 green into the halfway house while his playing partners were putting out.[/b][/i] Could have been a coincidence but after seeing him on the 8 green I thought it was odd.
[/quote]

Maybe he dropped that deuce you were talking about?

Forget retirement!

Forget Firin what's his name(seriously, I forget his name, lol)!

Forget bringing back the Butchster(though this would be my move, however not for the reason that 98% of ya would)!!

Nope, I know what Tiger has to do and no where is it more clearly defined than in than in the words of this song!!

This song was my Buds and my Graduation song and I wore the Vinyl out on this baby in college(much to every roommate's chagrin ;) )-

Over the last 30+ years I can't tell ya how many times I've listened to it!!

The past 4 years?

HaHa, Madison gave up tryin to get me a new song, lol.

Nope, it's a mental thing!!!

And if this song doesn't turn the lights on, and get your pulse up, you're frickin brain dead, I don't care who ya are!!!

And then, the kicker?!?

Visualize that you're Kevin Cronin up there on stage!!!!

Seriously, if that Putz can have em on their feet, I shudder, literally, I shudder to think what a few of us would do, lmao

Madison tells me that I'm delusional, and yea, I probably am, but ya only gotta "fool" yourself into believe in for what, 18 holes?!?

Sheereeee**, I've done it for seasons, both in football & golf, haha

And with what's locked away in Tiger's subconscious mind?!?

There's only two men in the history of this Great Game who have anything close, and you know who I'm talkin about(if ya don't, forget it, it's irrelevant, roll with me here)-

Granted Dave Amato ain't Gary on lead, but I love Amats from his Nugent days. He's Bad A** and Gary was a tad too "pretty" for my tastes, but damn would I have Loved to be his Wing Man back in the day, lmao

http://youtu.be/CrRLaBpmRw8

Don't EVER forget this!!!

If You're tired of the same old stories?!?!?

Turn some pages!!!!

Rock on Gents!!

Ok, I'm all worn out-

Damn, I can't roll like I used to :)

And if you think I've had a break from reality?

LMAO, welcome to my world!!!

Ignore me, it's time for a nap :)

Have a great day my Friends :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever,
Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='PGArox' timestamp='1433692574' post='11705642']
DFL. Just when you think Tiger can't possibly steal the headlines from the leader, he goes and finishes DFL. You da man, Tiger!
[/quote]

Hes da man is an understatement.

4 Tiger threads with over 30 pages. All over the tournament thread.

And 80% of the tournament thread is about him.

Tiger is the PGA Tour.

Given the state of his game, not sure what this says about the PGA Tour ; )

[quote name='crazy8golfer' timestamp='1433636850' post='11703018']
Tiger will back up that 85 with a smooth 75 in about 2 1/2 hours.
[/quote]

What a prediction! Missed it by one shot and a few minutes.

Rogue ST TD 10.5 Diamana ZF 60TX

Sim2 Max AD-DI 7x 15°
SIM2 Max AD-DI 8x
Apex ‘19 ..L Raw 4-W AMT S400
Fourteen RM-4 50-54-60 TI S400
Versa 1W

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1433693269' post='11705696']
DFL. Just when you think Tiger can't possibly steal the headlines from the leader, he goes and finishes DFL. You da man, Tiger!
[/quote]

Tiger is the PGA Tour, per your avatar.

[/quote]

While I rather agree with your assessment bsc, I think it's safe to say the Tour should be pretty comfortable in the direction it's currently heading. We've seen spectacular golf this year-absolutely spectacular...

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433693457' post='11705722']
[/quote]

[/quote]

While I rather agree with your assessment bsc, I think it's safe to say the Tour should be pretty comfortable in the direction it's currently heading. We've seen spectacular golf this year-absolutely spectacular...
[/quote]

Hoges! Im checkin out phil on the computer. Agree about the quality out there. And amazed with all the quality, this forum is 90% about TW. Its some sort of phenomenon, should be studied by sociologists.

Looking forward to relaxing and watching golf this afternoon. I spent yesterday digging ditches and moving rocks. Son in law=slave labor ; ) Ah well, I did get paid in Ziti and grappa so could be worse...

[quote name='Smith65' timestamp='1433678133' post='11704802']
[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1433629545' post='11702448']
Tiger did hit hundreds of balls on the range yesterday after his round sooooooo
[/quote]

Doesn't matter. He's just grooving a poor swing.
[/quote] I agree. I should of been more specific. It was a retort to a previous poster about his back.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[quote name='oikos1' timestamp='1433693608' post='11705740']
Good lord, is it County Fair season already...
[/quote]

Every county fair has a good freak show. TW is the show here.

My senior bag.......

Taylormade Sim Max  9* driver reg
Callaway Rogue 3 & 5 fw woods reg
Callaway Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids reg
Sub 70 699 pro's 6-pw
Ping Glide 50*, 54* & 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2 ball putter
Sub 70 Staff bag

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you are wrong about that. It reminds me of what happened in supercross when Jeremy Mcgrath flat out dominated the sport. It seemed it was on everyones radar at the time. It was everywhere. Everyone wanted a bike, everyone wanted to ride. Carmicheal kept it going with his sheer domination as well but it lost its luster after the king lost his ability to win everything in sight. This has the exact same feel. Golf will go back to where it was in the 80's and early 90's. It will be a foot note on sportscenter and coverage will be left to the golf channel. No one outside of the golf world knows who Rory is but little old ladies knew who Tiger Woods was. Its a shame but it had to end sometime

[quote name='Dannyboy109' timestamp='1433696443' post='11705992']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I think you are wrong about that. It reminds me of what happened in supercross when Jeremy Mcgrath flat out dominated the sport. It seemed it was on everyones radar at the time. It was everywhere. Everyone wanted a bike, everyone wanted to ride. Carmicheal kept it going with his sheer domination as well but it lost its luster after the king lost his ability to win everything in sight. This has the exact same feel. Golf will go back to where it was in the 80's and early 90's. It will be a foot note on sportscenter and coverage will be left to the golf channel. No one outside of the golf world knows who Rory is but little old ladies knew who Tiger Woods was. Its a shame but it had to end sometime
[/quote]

There's no disputing the fact that this year's golf has been off the charts good. If you're suggesting that the uber casual fan drops off because they only tuned in for one guy? Yeah, I suppose that may happen. It has to at some point.

I completely disagree that golf coverage becomes a "footnote" on sportscenter type shows. 24/7 media will take care of that.

Although, with the amount knucklehead anchors and their tired old shtick rearing its ugly head, I avoid espn like the plague. So you might be right. Aside from PTI, college football and golf, you can have it..

[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1433615230' post='11701344']
After that just wondering if the withdrawal will be shortcoming.
[/quote]

If I was Tiger, I'd go spend my millions chasing girls all over the world from my yacht and to hell with everything else. He doesn't have to do anything ever again that he doesn't want to do.

[quote name='hogans71' timestamp='1433697341' post='11706054']
[quote name='Dannyboy109' timestamp='1433696443' post='11705992']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

There's no disputing the fact that this year's golf has been off the charts good. If you're suggesting that the uber casual fan drops off because they only tuned in for one guy? Yeah, I suppose that may happen. It has to at some point.

I completely disagree that golf coverage becomes a "footnote" on sportscenter type shows. 24/7 media will take care of that.

Although, with the amount knucklehead anchors and their tired old shtick rearing its ugly head, I avoid espn like the plague. So you might be right. Aside from PTI, college football and golf, you can have it..
[/quote]

Totally agree with Hogan.....the golf has been insanely good AND is in great hands...
.for those who fail to see that, well your loss!

Oh for me; football at any level, soccer and golf with the occasional episode of Property Brothers. ....don't laugh