2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mexicans at the pga championship? no way!

[url="http://gcm.typepad.com/gcm/2006/08/pga_championshi.html"]http://gcm.typepad.c...hampionshi.html[/url][list]
[*]On Thursday, I watched a lot of golf. I grabbed a big stack of [i]GCMs[/i] and a couple [i]GCM[/i] hats. While on my way to the maintenance facility, I saw some of my boys from the grounds crew -- the Mexican contingent. They were in a big group and treated me like they just saw a Tour golfer outside the ropes. And then one of the guys asked me, while getting out his wallet, how much I was selling the [i]GCMs[/i] for. Well, that made my day, so the whole group was treated to a free issue and two of them even got free [i]GCM[/i] caps. And I think it may have made their day, too. Of course, five minutes later, I ran into a couple of the assistants. I told them that they just missed out on the free stuff. Sorry, guys!
[/list]
[attachment=2836354:6a00d834521fe569e200e54f61e3d18833-800wi.jpg]

[quote name='jimb' timestamp='1435980940' post='11885344']
I don't get the interest in Donald Trump. If there was ever a poster boy for windbag, it's him. I really think when he says something stupid he believes it's okay because in his mind it's the truth.
[/quote]

because as much of a dbag windbag as he is, he also knows how to cut through the political BS when it comes to business and trade with other countries.

clearly everyone knows illegal immigration and border security is an issue that all political figures work on and discuss solving, and unfortunately mr Trump has a strange way of discussing that issue and either shot himself in the foot saying something that he meant in another way, or he's just racist.. take your pick. neither quality is presidential material to say the least.

----------------
Golf Jobs
Driver: Titleist TS3 9.5 w/ Tensei Blue 55 S
3W: Titleist 915F 15 w/ Diamana D+ 80 S
3H: Titleist 915H 21 w/ Diamana D+ 90 S
Irons: 4-GW Titleist T100 w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Wedge: Vokey SM8 54.10S TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0

Wedge: Vokey SM8 60.04L TC w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: 2021 Titleist ProV1

spacer.png

The Pasadena-based National Hispanic Media Coalition says it will call for a boycott of PGA events, including the one in L.A., if the organization doesn't end its business relationship with Trump.

"If they want a boycott for supporting a racist, we will have to accommodate them," says NHMC CEO Alex Nogales. "We cannot allow this to stand. It's right in our backyard. He has a lot of Latinos working there."

http://www.laweekly.com/news/boycott-threatened-as-pro-golf-tour-sticks-with-donald-trump-5754092

The debates are going to be 'must-see' TV this time, thanks to Mr. Trump.

That said, I can't stand the guy on any level. He's bad for Golf too.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1

[quote name='nuthin but a hacker' timestamp='1435942498' post='11882484']
Not justified. I'm glad he told them to take a flying leap. Does anyone even watch NBC and their PC crap anymore? I'm surprised the global warming wackos even allow NBC to have the Golf Channel now.
[/quote]
I reccomend watching chasing ice.will change how you view that subject in many ways.

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @_aaron_wilson

[quote name='bscinstnct' timestamp='1435982767' post='11885456']
The Pasadena-based National Hispanic Media Coalition says it will call for a boycott of PGA events, including the one in L.A., if the organization doesn't end its business relationship with Trump.

"If they want a boycott for supporting a racist, we will have to accommodate them," says NHMC CEO Alex Nogales. "We cannot allow this to stand. It's right in our backyard. He has a lot of Latinos working there."

[url="http://www.laweekly.com/news/boycott-threatened-as-pro-golf-tour-sticks-with-donald-trump-5754092"]http://www.laweekly....d-trump-5754092[/url]
[/quote]

the problem with calling for a boycott of something is you need to have a lot numbers of customers for the particular product or event.... and im afraid that's not the case here.... Trump isn't a racist...hes just an idiot with a big mouth..really nothing to see ...

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Maybe his Latino employees should boycott him as well. Won't be long before his courses become overgrown and the resort guests complain about the lack of a decent meal from the kitchens. Or the fact their rooms aren't getting cleaned. Windbag deserves all the comeuppance coming to him.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

They'll never let Trump into the debates. That would legitimize his candidacy. The participants actually individually agree to the terms of the debate during each cycle. The Republican and Democratic candidate only agree to a third party candidate if they'd lose more votes locking them out of the debate. Donald Trump will never be invited to a Presidential debate.

Not justified. I'm glad he told them to take a flying leap. Does anyone even watch NBC and their PC crap anymore? I'm surprised the global warming wackos even allow NBC to have the Golf Channel now.
[/quote]

This, and I hope he continues holding his ground going forward. Forget these crooked, spineless companies & politicians who've driven this country into the ground. The PGA/other tours took the stance they had to take given the situation, but as a previous poster noted, I'm sure many are secretly agreeing with Trump on many of the issues.

[quote name='Jasonic' timestamp='1435986372' post='11885620']
Maybe his Latino employees should boycott him as well. Won't be long before his courses become overgrown and the resort guests complain about the lack of a decent meal from the kitchens. Or the fact their rooms aren't getting cleaned. Windbag deserves all the comeuppance coming to him.
[/quote]

Why, are they illegal immigrants? If not, then anything he's said doesn't pertain to them.

I think the pga tour did what they thought was best for the tour... Just have to wait and see how things pan out with the networks and tour events.

Trump is an arrogant loud mouth but he is not an idiot or a racist... He is an incredibly successful businessman who understands negotiation and diplomacy and works well with people from all cultures and races across the globe... But imho someone running for public office must understand the environment is unique.

As a presidential candidate, it's obviously not about you, it's about the people. You don't have to bend to the politically correct freaks. But you must be able to get a point across to the masses, while choosing words wisely with tact and humility, understanding how to be appropriate in the forum yet still speaking the truth!

Trump should not apologize for what he said because what he said has a great deal of truth in it based on facts! But he painted a very broad picture with the words he chose and the way he said it was inappropriate! I think if he would simply clarify and adjust his delivery he would do well...

[quote name='diddle' timestamp='1435992235' post='11885786']
I think the pga tour did what they thought was best for the tour... Just have to wait and see how things pan out with the networks and tour events.

Trump is an arrogant loud mouth but he is not an idiot or a racist... He is an incredibly successful businessman who understands negotiation and diplomacy and works well with people from all cultures and races across the globe... But imho someone running for public office must understand the environment is unique.

As a presidential candidate, it's obviously not about you, it's about the people. You don't have to bend to the politically correct freaks. But you must be able to get a point across to the masses, while choosing words wisely with tact and humility, understanding how to be appropriate in the forum yet still speaking the truth!

Trump should not apologize for what he said because what he said has a great deal of truth in it based on facts! But he painted a very broad picture with the words he chose and the way he said it was inappropriate! I think if he would simply clarify and adjust his delivery he would do well...
[/quote]

I wouldn't call trump an incredibly successful business man - his father, yes.

Ole hamster hair has nearly lost the farm on more occasions than I care to remember

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

[quote name='golfpros1' timestamp='1435982432' post='11885432']

because as much of a dbag windbag as he is, he also knows how to cut through the political BS when it comes to business and trade with other countries.

[/quote]

Also can cut through all the dumb ecological bs and build a great golf course like he did at Aberdeen.

[quote name='bruinsPATSirish' timestamp='1435979912' post='11885276']
[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1435942762' post='11882496']
Am I missing something? What exactly has the PGA Tour or the USPGA actually done in response to Trumps' comments in this case?
[/quote]

Nothing. They made a blanket statement that they did not support or agree with Trumps comments made in the televised announcement of his candidacy. I am sure in the next few days, probably Monday, the Tour will release some type of detailed statement. The Tour, the Euro Tour, the USGA, and the PGA are all holding events on Trump courses this year and next year so I know they will say or do something.
[/quote]

So the OP's question about Trump getting some 'heat' from the PGA, is not actually the case anyway? Sorry, I'm just an ignorant Euro that doesn't know that much about Trump really, and all his business dealings other than the issue of throwing people out of their homes in North East Scotland, buying the Scottish Government, and Aberdeenshire Council and local Police favours. Apart from that, I really don't know that much about this guy. So really, apart from having a morbid interest, I'm just a fly on the wall to be honest.

[quote name='diddle' timestamp='1435992235' post='11885786']

[/quote]

Well, I don't think Trump is an idiot, but I think he is very likely to be a racist.

He is, however, a cynical politician playing dog whistle politics. His comments about Mexicans is a way of saying to a certain part of the electorate that he is one of them and gets their issues. Like some use "states rights". No doubt he will have a few other groups to condemn to add to the message. He doesn't care about what sensible people think because they are not his demographic, and the more liberals and sensible people condemn him, the more he is emboldened to spout his bilious nonsense.

The US military should put plans in place for automated droning of The White House if Trump manages to con enough voters to get elected. But that won't happen. There is more chance of Tiger Woods developing a sincere and warm media image.

TM Stealth, 10.5, HZRDUS Red 65 S
Titleist TSi2, 16.5 fairway, Oban Devotion 75, S
Titleist TSi2, 21 utility, Tensei 75, S
Mizuno 923 Forged, KBS $-Taper lite S

Vokey 50, 56, 60, KBS Tour V S
Kronos Metronome

Hmmmmm,let's see. I think we have been down this road before. Like 4 years ago. Last count there were 16 announced for the Republican nomination. Once the rubber hits the road in the first primaries 'The Donald' will, like many others, go back to whatever he does. Idiot, moron, racist, whatever you want to call him, he's enjoying the 'bully pulpit' of playing politician (not a very good one on either side) and this will all blow over.

Reading his statement he does make a lot of points that sound like they are not far from the truth. Maybe he was a bit general in the way he said it but similar things happen all over. In the UK many assaylum seekers and immigrants are rumoured to be infiltrated by crooks, and people with terrorist leanings. These people look for new areas that they can set up their criminal gangs and the way many countries are frightened to upset the liberal do gooders they can march on almost unchallenged.

I don't have any great like or dislike for Trump but I prefer someone that tends to say what he feels and not what he thinks others want to hear.

Hopefully he doesn't back down.

TaylorMade M2 (2016) 9.5* (2* lower) HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5
TaylorMade M1 15* Tensei CK Pro White 80X or
Taylor Made tour issue M2 T3 Ozik Matrix 8M3 X

TaylorMade Rsi TP 3-PW (1.5* strong) NS-Pro MOdus 3 tour130 X
Callaway MD 3 48 bent to 50 KBS 610 S+
Callaway MD 3 52 bent to 54 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]
Callaway MD 2 58 [size=4]KBS 610 S+[/size]

Odyssey 2-ball Pro-Type milled face putter.

Tour Preferred X or TP5x ball.

[/quote]
It has nothing to do with being PC. The buffoon can't even read a report correctly and didn't back down from his buffoonery.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1435994810' post='11885840']
Am I missing something? What exactly has the PGA Tour or the USPGA actually done in response to Trumps' comments in this case?
[/quote]

Nothing. They made a blanket statement that they did not support or agree with Trumps comments made in the televised announcement of his candidacy. I am sure in the next few days, probably Monday, the Tour will release some type of detailed statement. The Tour, the Euro Tour, the USGA, and the PGA are all holding events on Trump courses this year and next year so I know they will say or do something.
[/quote]

So the OP's question about Trump getting some 'heat' from the PGA, is not actually the case anyway? Sorry, I'm just an ignorant Euro that doesn't know that much about Trump really, and all his business dealings other than the issue of throwing people out of their homes in North East Scotland, buying the Scottish Government, and Aberdeenshire Council and local Police favours. Apart from that, I really don't know that much about this guy. So really, apart from having a morbid interest, I'm just a fly on the wall to be honest.
[/quote]

Not trying to argue, but I found this subject to be interesting reading some years ago. You do realize that many local governments throughout the UK were in bed with designers/builders of the courses during the 1800's & 1900's ? A few of the "Open Championship" course are built on land where the designers did the exact same thing to peasants/farmers with the local government's assistance. It has happened many times over the years in the UK, Canada, and the USA. West Africa has a few courses on lands were they ran off people as well. Cape Breton (Canada) is a recent land grab that comes to mind. The original land owners surrendered their land/farms for a public course for the benefit of the public, and then years later, the local government wanted to allow the course to go private.

[quote name='mjtoal' timestamp='1435997810' post='11885872'][quote name='diddle' timestamp='1435992235' post='11885786']

[/quote]

Well, I don't think Trump is an idiot, but I think he is very likely to be a racist.

He is, however, a cynical politician playing dog whistle politics. His comments about Mexicans is a way of saying to a certain part of the electorate that he is one of them and gets their issues. Like some use "states rights". No doubt he will have a few other groups to condemn to add to the message. He doesn't care about what sensible people think because they are not his demographic, and the more liberals and sensible people condemn him, the more he is emboldened to spout his bilious nonsense.

The US military should put plans in place for automated droning of The White House if Trump manages to con enough voters to get elected. But that won't happen. There is more chance of Tiger Woods developing a sincere and warm media image.[/quote]wow! You want the military to perform a coup and take over the government? You must be one of those "sensible liberals" for F-sake think about what you are saying.

Don't worry The Donald won't get elected. He will drop out of the race by the end of the year.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1436005971' post='11885984']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not trying to argue, but I found this subject to be interesting reading some years ago. You do realize that many local governments throughout the UK were in bed with designers/builders of the courses during the 1800's & 1900's ? A few of the "Open Championship" course are built on land where the designers did the exact same thing to peasants/farmers with the local government's assistance. It has happened many times over the years in the UK, Canada, and the USA. West Africa has a few courses on lands were they ran off people as well. Cape Breton (Canada) is a recent land grab that comes to mind. The original land owners surrendered their land/farms for a public course for the benefit of the public, and then years later, the local government wanted to allow the course to go private.
[/quote]

As you say, this may have happened in some circumstances in 1800's & 1900's, but then again, around that time, much of the 'civilized' western world was still sending children up chimneys to sweep them. Maybe we haven't come as far in the 21st century as we would like to think? :derisive: .

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pretty much his standard tactic in all of his real estate gains. There's some horror stories around about some people in New Jersey who wouldn't sell where he wanted to build one of his casinos.

If you're going to pull off an edgy anti-PC candidacy, you better be good with words. Trump is not. He's like a less intelligent version of Thornton Mellon (Back to School). I would be surprised if he lasted until the Iowa caucus.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1436011213' post='11886144']
[quote name='John L.' timestamp='1436005971' post='11885984']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As you say, this may have happened in some circumstances in 1800's & 1900's, but then again, around that time, much of the 'civilized' western world was still sending children up chimneys to sweep them. Maybe we haven't come as far in the 21st century as we would like to think? :derisive: .
[/quote]

Over here, it is all about "wet lands". The government deems that they must be protected at all costs until some developer with deeps pockets comes along with enough money and influence to change their minds all of a sudden. Happens every day.

Honestly, I didn't see anything wrong with Trump's comments. What you are seeing right now is fake outrage over his comments simply because there is an election coming. Sad to see the PGA enter into the piling on for political advantage of one side or the other. The PGA has chosen sides by acting in this manner. Thumbs down to the PGA.

Let me start by saying Trump said nothing [u][b]racist. [/b][/u] Actually I am sure he has said racist things, just not this time. Mexican is not a race, it is a nationality. He is being Xenophobic or bigoted. It seems these days the media want to draw race into all sorts of things. Regardless stupid thing to say.

As for NBC/Golf Channel and PGA reaction:

1. Is the plan to cut ties with all bigots?

or

2. Just bigots that express their view in public

or

3. Just bigots who express their view in public and create a media backlash.

or

4. Just bigots who point out the "golf world" agrees with their view.[url="http://www.nj.com/golf/index.ssf/2015/07/donald_trump_golf_world_agrees.html"]http://www.nj.com/golf/index.ssf/2015/07/donald_trump_golf_world_agrees.html[/url] (thanks Donald for dragging us under the bus with you!)

If it #1 or #2 they have allot of work to do.

In the PGA context, having Tour events at Trump venues is good for both parties, and in the end, that won't change.

Sure, Trump's comments were stupid, insensitive and meant to appeal to a certain demographic. And the Tour had to say 'we don't think like that' because hopefully, they don't.

But they both like making money and they both like the ego boost of having Tour events played at 'Trump National' blah blah course, so that won't change.

Driver #1: TM Aeroburner TP 10.5 °
Driver #2 TM Aeroburner TP Mini 14°
5W: TM Aeroburner TP 18°
Hybrid: TM Aeroburner TP 19°
Irons: TM Tour Preferred CB 4 - AW
Wedge: TM Tour Preferred 56° ATV
Putter#1: Scotty Cameron Button Back Newport Two
Putter#2: Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Fastback 1/500
Putter#3: Scotty Cameron California Hollywood
Sun Mountain C-130 Red, White & Blue
Handicap 27.1