Wife accused me loving golf too much

lchang

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1451507003' post='12781154']
[quote name='bazinky' timestamp='1451503097' post='12780850']
I've also heard a rumour that she may have a special "friend" if you know what I mean ...

Moral of the story, find the right girl or partner, and don't abuse it!
[/quote]LMAO, great post Bro!!

Enjoyed the analysis, lol!!

This is not directed at Changster though I believe that it bears repeating because I can think of two situations similar to Baz's first scenario at the club and both guys, while Players on the course, are narsistic dip s**** off of it regarding Ladies other than their Wives, one of whom is now divorced to Madison's BFF(pictured below with Madison on Maddie's BDay. She's the brunette, lol) and also a Pro who's an amazing bright beautiful Lady and while I told the guy I would never tell her of his escapades, I also told him that I would never lie to her if she asked me or if Madison asked...

One day Madison asked and I told her-

She of course told her friend-

She broke the 14 clubs in his bag(His irons were the Miura 54 BB's and Miura wedges and a Scotty T, LMAO x 2) shredded the bag with the fractured club and went into the garage and shredded the interior leather of his 1976 Porsche Carrera 930 T, then threw all of his clothes in the back yard, LMAO

Ya gotta love when a boi comes up against a real Playa, LMAO

The second situation, well, like Baz's analysis, we figured that she hung around for the car, clothes, jewelry, zip code, well you get the picture, LMAO-

So she has another life, just like her dip s*** husband, but the kicker is, and Bros I swear to God on Pete's grave, I've looked at this guy sitting at the table bragging about his "other Lady" and clueless about his wife, actuall saying that he is enough man to "totally satisfy two beautiful Women," and he wasn't even talkin to me and I've looked at him, thought of her with her Guy, and I've started Laughin so hard that I've had tears in my eyes, LMAO x 2!!!

Once they all looked at me and Dave even said, "Dude, WTF's wrong with you, that wasn't even that funny," LMAO

I had to walk away cuz I couldn't stop, LMAO

I later told Dave and he too LHAO, though not to the point of tears, lol

Ah, the life of a Playaaaaa, LMFAO x 2

However don't ever forget two things:

1) You ain't the only one who can act-
2) Ladies invented "Faking It"-

Stay Well Bros, keep the faith and don't ever underestimate the person standin in front of you, whether it be in a board room, a bar room, you and your Sig Other's bathroom or a tee box :)

Happy Frickin New Year,
RP
[/quote]

She is a looker. If I were single.... Ha.

My girls too cool though. She has a crush on Natalie Gulbis. For whatever that's worth I got that.

She wants to learn and wants me to teach her. No F-ing way!
1) I'm not a teacher. 2) she's lefty. 3) I'm not a teacher. 4) I don't know how's she going to swing around the E's. Natural of course. I'll find her a female pro to teach her.

[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1451412968' post='12776074']
[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1451356838' post='12773994']
Teach your wife to play golf. When your kids are old enough, teach them to play golf. It's simple/
[/quote]

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER teach your wife anything. Get her a teacher. :lol: Teaching children is another subject. :beach:
[/quote]

I worked as a snowboard instructor one season and got many people who had never touched a snowboard to connect turns by the end of our lesson. My wife knows how to side slope down a hill on her heel edge but can't get to her toe edge. I attempted to try and teach her using all the techniques I used on my other snowboard students, and dear god I'm surprised we didn't have divorce papers signed the next week. She'll be getting lessons from someone else if she ever wants to learn how to turn on a snowboard, swing a golf club, anything new to her.

[quote name='FLGOLFJUNKIE' timestamp='1451360929' post='12774302']
Read this to my wife....She says "You're an idiot"...Sorry! Just really putting it to you from a FEMALE perspective...
[/quote]

I didn't think that needed confirmation! :cheesy:

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

The old rule of thumb is never teach your wife to golf or your husband to play bridge. It's a bit dated, but the idea is solid.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

[quote name='Dan Drake' timestamp='1451673133' post='12788836']
The old rule of thumb is never teach your wife to golf or your husband to play bridge. It's a bit dated, but the idea is solid.
[/quote]

I could say the same about those drivers(?), spreading Road Rage profusely, teaching their siblings ALL they know.

:offtopic: ??? I think not.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

My wife knows how much i love golf, but also knows how much i love her. You find me golfing in the morning, the first tee time at 645-705 depending on when you can see outside. Then im done and have the entire day (weekends while not working) to spend with the family. I also do the same thing during the week, as i work at 10 am i can walk 9 and be done just in time to shower and get to work. Just have to find a balance and make sure your paying attention to the little things with her, thats all she wants. She just wants to feel loved.

[quote name='NV825' timestamp='1451583996' post='12784904']
[quote name='Pepperturbo' timestamp='1451412968' post='12776074']
[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1451356838' post='12773994']
Teach your wife to play golf. When your kids are old enough, teach them to play golf. It's simple/
[/quote]

NEVER, I repeat, NEVER teach your wife anything. Get her a teacher. :lol: Teaching children is another subject. :beach:
[/quote]

I worked as a snowboard instructor one season and got many people who had never touched a snowboard to connect turns by the end of our lesson. My wife knows how to side slope down a hill on her heel edge but can't get to her toe edge. I attempted to try and teach her using all the techniques I used on my other snowboard students, and dear god I'm surprised we didn't have divorce papers signed the next week. She'll be getting lessons from someone else if she ever wants to learn how to turn on a snowboard, swing a golf club, anything new to her.
[/quote]LMAO, Bro, this may be a phenomena that we know nothing about yet none of us are exempt-

I was NSP through 2012 and though we don't instruct, I was a ski instructor for 6 years from my senior year in HS through my last winter in college.

I attempted to show Maddie how to edge, run her skis parallel and connect turns and it was an unmitigated disaster though I accepted this after roughly 2 1/2-3 hours in a morning and got her an instructor who had her running them by the end of the day. She is extremely athletic and if you saw a before(me)/after(him) you wouldn't think it was the same skier, lol-

She always tells the story that she is thankful that I accepted that we weren't "clicking" as student/instructor as she would not have said anything because she didn't wanna hurt my feelings because I was trying everything I knew to convey the principles, lol-

I know riding above her on the lift and looking down at her and the instructor, and the progress that they had made in a short period of time, I was a little baffled as I had said basically the same things and demonstrated similar exercises, yet to no avail-

Yet I took little Ava at the age of 3yo(3 years ago), worked with her on the slopes that year and turned her loose and as a 5yo, last season, she won 5/6 of the PeeWee races she entered(the one she didn't win she had a 2 gate lead when she caught an edge and went Into the netting and couldn't get untangled, lol) and she and another little girl look like adults versus children compared to the other children.

She developed drop/lean/step and it was really cool to see cuz even the other little girl does not drop going into turns, and as I'm unable to ski presently, my last two years I've instructed her basically at the bottom of the slopes and then she'd ride up and come down and I'd watch from the bottom.

I've always been quick to learn if I'm not the one to help you, I'll find that person as quickly as I can be it athletic, academic(I was an grad business school adjunct) or professionally. I don't make it my mission to view a learning impasse as an obstacle to be overcome, lol, though I can't for the life of me figure out how I could not instruct a 42yo Athlete to parallel, yet I instructed a 3yo enough that other parents asked Maddie who Ava's Instructor was because they wanted to enroll their children with "her."

LMAO, they assumed that because Ava was a little girl, she had a female Instructor, lol

Maddie told em no, it was her Daddie :)

HaHa, that sorta made up for my failure with Madison :)

Enjoy the powder Bro and run em deep :)

Happy New Year-

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

If you need to ask a room about the message your wife is telling. Goodluck buddy. Don't want to come off harsh but unless you get paid to play the game, you better take a quick look at your priorities. Not to say that you do not take care of your family on a financial sense but time is the most important thing to your wife and kids. If she is bringing that up, the red flags in your head better be sounding the alarm to take a look at how much you really spend before you won't have to worry about your family and just your alimony payments along with your child support. I have a wife with three kids and they never take a back seat to golf. It is a balancing act and I play when I can which right now varies from once a week to once every other. I rarely if at all hide a round or a golf trip planned from my wife. She knows I love the game but she knows I love my family more. No offense but better start loving family time before somebody else will.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

[quote name='llewol007' timestamp='1451769794' post='12793050']
If you need to ask a room about the message your wife is telling. Goodluck buddy. Don't want to come off harsh but unless you get paid to play the game, you better take a quick look at your priorities. Not to say that you do not take care of your family on a financial sense but time is the most important thing to your wife and kids. If she is bringing that up, the red flags in your head better be sounding the alarm to take a look at how much you really spend before you won't have to worry about your family and just your alimony payments along with your child support. I have a wife with three kids and they never take a back seat to golf. It is a balancing act and I play when I can which right now varies from once a week to once every other. I rarely if at all hide a round or a golf trip planned from my wife. She knows I love the game but she knows I love my family more. No offense but better start loving family time before somebody else will.
[/quote]Bro, I agree with ya 100% 7/365 though he said that he was effin with us, lol-

Nice post though :)

Happy New Year!!

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I am in a different place now, my kids are all grown, but I always included them when I went to play or practice. I always had one of my kids with me on the range or when they got older the course. I am lucky, my wife never gave me a hard time about golf. I have worked hard, worked for the same company for 27 years now, and she knows golf is my vice, I really don't drink, or gamble. I made sure things were taken care of around the house before i played, so no issues there. Now that the kids have all grown I have more time to golf, she does her things, it works for us. I would never tell her she could not do something, she does not tell me, we respect each others hobbies or interests.

TM Stealth 2+ 10.5deg Hzrdus Smoke 4G Black 60 6.0

Titleist TSi2 16.5deg Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.0

TM Stealth 2+ 3 Hybrid Project X Black 80 stiff

TM P770 5-AW DG 105 S300

TM MG4 54/58 DG 105 S300

SC Newport Select 34" (rotate them)

TM TP5X

[quote name='llewol007' timestamp='1451769794' post='12793050']If you need to ask a room about the message your wife is telling. Goodluck buddy. Don't want to come off harsh but unless you get paid to play the game, you better take a quick look at your priorities. Not to say that you do not take care of your family on a financial sense but time is the most important thing to your wife and kids. If she is bringing that up, the red flags in your head better be sounding the alarm to take a look at how much you really spend before you won't have to worry about your family and just your alimony payments along with your child support. I have a wife with three kids and they never take a back seat to golf. It is a balancing act and I play when I can which right now varies from once a week to once every other. I rarely if at all hide a round or a golf trip planned from my wife. She knows I love the game but she knows I love my family more. No offense but better start loving family time before somebody else will.[/quote]

I'll apologize again for not indicating more strongly that I wasn't being quite so serious in my original post.

You ever get together with your buddies and complain about your wives a bit? And if your buddies do, do you respond with "man, your priorities are messed up. You're a screwed-up dude. Good luck with that. Enjoy divorce. My wife knows that I love her properly...unlike you."

A friend once told me this: "If women didn't have pu$$ies, there would be a bounty on their heads"

The older I get, the more I realize there is a lot of truth to that.

TaylorMade Stealth 2 12° - Ventus Velo Blue 5R2

PING G425 Max 5-Wood (@16.5°) / 7-Wood (@19.5°) - Ventus Velo Red 5R2

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 21° / 24° - AD HY 65R

Mizuno MP245 6-GW - AD 75R SSx1

TaylorMade MG4 52.08 - AD 75S (8i) / 56.12TW - AD 75S (9i)

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 WH

Titleist ProV1x

A friend once told me this: "If women didn't have pu$$ies, there would be a bounty on their heads"

He wasn't much of a friend...not to mention much of a man. There should be a bounty :hunter: on mental widgets like him........ :yes:

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

Got to say, that is a tough situation you have going there my friend. My wife "knows" I am a golfer and she "knows" what the game means to me. Addicted? Yep, no doubt about it. The key for me was finding balance. I generally play 9 holes one, maybe two afternoons during the week (light permitting) and I walk those rounds with my son (insert healthy habit). Saturday morning early....like 7:00 tee times, usually home by 11:30, plenty of time to get stuff done with the family. I don't play Sunday morning because of church/family commitments. Sunday afternoon on occasion if nothing is happening.

Going on 20 years of bliss so I must be doing something right. I'd just feather things back a bit, give more at home, going above and beyond. Build up that golf bank for the weekend. You can also take care of that golf fix at the range at least once a week. Quick hitting practice sessions I like to call them. When traffic is bad in Atlanta, oh wait that's all the time, I find I can hit a bucket of wedges in like 40 minutes. Get home about the same time I would if I sat in the soup, but a whole lot less aggravated. Find a spot on your commute if you can. Sadly, my favorite range shut down last year. No worries though, I have found another.

Lastly, make golf about golf and not all the other stuff that we as guys like to add on. Generally, I don't hang out for the extended 19th hole, it's not even noon. Not being anti social, I just have things to do later. Drinking a few beers will lead to a nap and spousal resentment. Not saying you partake, just advising that abstaining may help your cause.

My wife and I have talked about it a lot. I've lost many a golf buddy in the years I've been playing. They don't hold fast to what is important and they end up succumbing to the pressures of the resentful spouse. She knows I'm a happier person when I get my round in. Refreshingly, she genuinely cares about how I do out there too, which is a bonus.

It's good to look at it from her side if you can. Make sure she has her thing and insist she do it. I'm serious about that one. She will feel less upset about your time away, if she is afforded the same.

I don't know, throw caution to the wind and give that a try. Good luck, hope some of this stuff helps.

He wasn't much of a friend...not to mention much of a man. There should be a bounty :hunter: on mental widgets like him........ :yes:

FWIW, I don't even find that amusing, and I've got a great sense of humor and HATE PC with a Passion-

Needless to say you all are hanging around the wrong kind of women, though that doesn't surprise me, lol

As Turbo is far Classier than I, I'll just hang with his opinion and let it go at that-

Regardless, Happy New Year Bro

RP

Threads like this sometimes make me grateful I am not married.

Really I think the best thing for a marriage is affection. Before leaving for golf, kiss her like you mean it for 10-20 seconds. Same thing when you get home. Make her know she is there to come home to. That sort of thing. A little effort goes a long way. Flowers for no reason, spur of the moment dinner out, etc, also work wonders. That being said, you've got a problem if your wife expects you to entertain her all the time. Means she has no hobby or interest of her own to pursue while you're playing golf. Can grow into a bigger issue.

Really I think the best thing for a marriage is affection. Before leaving for golf, kiss her like you mean it for 10-20 seconds. Same thing when you get home. Make her know she is there to come home to. That sort of thing. A little effort goes a long way. Flowers for no reason, spur of the moment dinner out, etc, also work wonders. That being said, you've got a problem if your wife expects you to entertain her all the time. Means she has no hobby or interest of her own to pursue while you're playing golf. Can grow into a bigger issue.

I can understand that feeling. What's said here tells me many will probably end in divorce, if not already. But, your measure is spot on, and I can attest, it works.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo Red 59S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S Wedge 113
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

I'll apologize again for not indicating more strongly that I wasn't being quite so serious in my original post.

You ever get together with your buddies and complain about your wives a bit? And if your buddies do, do you respond with "man, your priorities are messed up. You're a screwed-up dude. Good luck with that. Enjoy divorce. My wife knows that I love her properly...unlike you."

I totally missed that and apologize about the misunderstanding. My wife totally understands my love affair with golf as well specially when several boxes keep arriving on our front door. Just gets my juices boiling a lot a bit when I hear the same sentiment many times over from similar posts and the guy wants to argue that he is 1000% in the right. Its all about balancing life. Golf is just a part of it. Family is another.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

I can understand that feeling. What's said here tells me many will probably end in divorce, if not already. But, your measure is spot on, and I can attest, it works.

A little affection goes a long way. All a woman wants to know is she is important to her husband and that he really loves her. Kissing her passionately for 10-20 seconds a few times during the day can work wonders. So can the truly surprise gifts. Best gifts aren't expensive either. The best ones come from paying attention and listening to what she says. Like she might see some little item she says she would love to have but won't buy it for herself. You go get it for her and surprise her with it. Means you were listening and paying attention to her. All women really want is to know that.

You'll miss her when she's gone. Trust me on this.

Nope, not always. Sometime it's a blessing in disguise

For some obscure reason, it's always when you no longer have it that you appreciate what you had.

So, you're both right.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I feel what you feel about being addicted. I honestly think about golf all day every day. If I didn't have to work and ranges didn't close, I would never stop hitting balls. I just love it so much. My girlfriend is pretty relaxed and doesn't pressure me about it because I've made it clear that's who I am. I've also made it clear that I'm a person who will stay true to what I love.

I have a friend that will not only play 18 even though he wants to play 36 or 45 because. His wife is very needy and he claims it just makes his life easier to do what she says and not hear her complain. I can tell it makes him unhappy. That's no way to live life. We're all going to die and life is too short.

It may sound cliche, but you only live once and should follow what makes you happy. Deep down only you know what it is.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9* Tensei 1K White 70TX

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*): Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x; Diamana OG Whiteboard 73x

Titleist TSR2+ 13* - Diamana D+ Ltd. 80x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 915hd 20.5* @ 19.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400 or SM10 60.04T

Putter: Toulon Garage San Diego/Scotty Cameron Phantom 9.5 / Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

Here is some wise words from my mother (who is now 90 years old) to my 2nd wife (who happens to be 27 years younger than me) when she mentioned shortly after we got married that she would like me to stop smoking (valid point), drink a bit less (totally unreasonable) and that I play an awful lot of golf (really really unreasonable). My mom asked her if I smoked when she met me (we did go out for 5 years before we got married), did I enjoy a glass or two of red wine every evening and did I play golf several times a week? When she answered in the affirmative, my mother said; "then you knew what you were getting yourself into, so live with it if you want to stay happily married". Wise words from an old wise women to a young but also very wise woman because 5 years after getting married, I still enjoy the odd cigar, glass (or two) of red wine every evening and 2 to 3 rounds of golf a week.

But having said all of that, when I'm home, I'm home, as I adore my wife and love her with all my heart. In addition, she's an economist busy with her Ph.D., has interests outside of my interests, just a very balanced young woman with enough to keep herself busy, so I'm truly blessed.