2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

Bro, and I'm not trying to be cute but I consider you one of the Old Guard and a foundation bedrock and "member/owner"

Me?

I'm a Johnny come lately visitor, however me bein me, well, sometimes I can't just shut my mouth and let somethin lay, lol, hence, my initial response.

Your worst posts top my best as do quite a few others here, though that's ok, I don't have to be right, I don't have to "win," and I sure the hell don't have anything to prove here however the one area that I've never been real good at stayin on the sidelines for and I've never taken a backseat in, or shotgun or wing for that matter, and that is if I witness someone belittling, insulting or trying to bully someone .

You strike me the same way-

This is the only reason that I even responded to your post because if I had thought that anyone was attempting to belittle or stigmatize someone else, well my tone and posts would have been very different indeed, lol. I've never really figured out why I can "turn the other cheek" if someone attempts to criticize or belittle me however I go apes*** if I witness it being done to someone else-

I just chalk it up to another one of my issues, lol

Regarding the surgeons, that's great that they are obviously, "Back Niners," because they are even rarer than their Professional skills make them, and I'm guessing your CoS Bud is either a General Surgeon, CardioVascular or Neuro(Possibly Ortho though not likely), and normally the BNers from those specialties are balls to the wall, and their "God Complex" doesn't stop at the hospital, as the last thing that the guys I know give a s*** about are protecting their hands, within reason of course(besides, they all have multi-million dollar disability insurance policies, lmao). A lot of surgeons shake with a softer grip, and it's not that macho bulls***, they just have "light" fingers and hands. They feel that they are invincible, in about any area or subject that one brings up outside of medicine or their specialty, their tone of certainty far exceeds their actual knowledge, though good luck tellin em that, lol

The vast vast majorities' feeling of invincibility goes to their outside life, activities and health, so your Guys are indeed rare birds-

Be that as it may, I always benefit from your posts even when we might not share the same side of the table-

You're a Gentleman!

Stay Well Bro and have a Great Season and Year ahead :)

My Best,

RP

Same to you... Oh, I'd say the number of likes aside your name tell the bigger story. I can only aspire. :drinks: I wish you well.

Get a room guys :golfer:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the Facebook comments when golf related pages advertise Jordan golf shoe releases, I would say Jordan golf shoes. Based on my personal collection of them, I can't argue lol.

Driver-SIM2 9* 

3 wood-TM SIM 14* 
5 wood-TM SIM 18*
3H- Ping G400
5i-Ping g700 
6-PW Ping i500 
AW/SW/LW- Titleist SM8
Putter-Evnroll EV5 Black
Ball-Bridgestone B X/Prov1x Yellow

Wow, guys, check out this accessory. If you are not sure of the distance you hit with each club, remind yourself by clipping on the distance to the club! This is how the ad reads.

Take the guess work out of club selection when on the course with Distance Clips. Distance Clips are high quality, durable, Nylon yardage markers for your clubs. Find your distance on the range, then simply clip the club with the correct Yardage Marker. There is virtually no added weight, and the clip is undetectable when you take your stance. Great for beginners and avid players alike, with Distance Clips you don't have to worry about which club to use so you can concentrate on making the shot.

It is necessary to repeat that these clips are "great for beginners and avid players alike," but no mention of good golfers. I can't help but imagine how the hacker would use these clips: by accident he hits the ball 130 yards with his 7 iron and says, "I hit that 150 yards!" and clips the 150 tag on the 7 iron. I hope the instructions stress that the average distance tag should be used, not the good fluke shot, and the hacker must be honest with himself as to how far he actually hit the ball.

No good to anyone on this site who uses more than an eight iron as they only go up to 200.

Number one thing to me that identifies a golf as a hack, and pisses me off:

when you are on the green as a twosome, and I tee off from the tips..... and I am on the number 2 box before you get out of your cart, and you don't offer to let me through... then (its a par 5) you wait for the green to clear so you can go for the green from 280 yards when your drive went 240....

and you still don't let me go through for 9 damn holes...

THATS a hack... I'm playing from three tees behind you and you don't at any point wave me through....even when I am on the tee at the same time

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

when you are on the green as a twosome, and I tee off from the tips..... and I am on the number 2 box before you get out of your cart, and you don't offer to let me through... then (its a par 5) you wait for the green to clear so you can go for the green from 280 yards when your drive went 240....

THATS a hack... I'm playing from three tees behind you and you don't at any point wave me through....even when I am on the tee at the same time

That's a definite hack right there. People kill me with lack of common sense on the damn golf course. After 3 holes I just say screw it and bomb one over their heads and say thanks as I drive by. I think they get the message. Even if the holes in front of me are full if there is a two some riding my tail the whole time, I'm at least asking them if they want to finish the round out with me. But I would say the majority of the time if I'm stuck behind someone I try and get to to the box before the get back in the cart and hope they say I can play through. But most of the time they don't say a word and stare right at me and sit in their carts to go search for their ball thats 20 yards deep in the woods almost dead right. I can't tell you how many middle fingers I've given as soon as a group takes off in front of me without letting me play through.

Completely agree.

I was waiting for you to finish with "....I'm writing this as I am waiting at the tee box for them to tee off"

Without a doubt, that would be "golf ball fishing poles" and, OMG, iron head covers!!

Absolutely nothing wrong with iron covers, hybrid covers, driver covers, putter covers, etc. They stop bag chatter and damage to bag and other clubs. I don't know why it's even an issue.

Name one player on the PGA Tour who uses iron covers.

Without a doubt, that would be "golf ball fishing poles" and, OMG, iron head covers!!

Absolutely nothing wrong with iron covers, hybrid covers, driver covers, putter covers, etc. They stop bag chatter and damage to bag and other clubs. I don't know why it's even an issue.

So, if I follow the logic behind this question, then everyone who is not on the PGA tour is a hack? Well that's most people on this forum I guess.

Let's go a bit further... It has been suggested multiple times that those who use staff bags are hacks. Is there anyone on the PGA Tour who does not use a staff bag?

Honestly I simply don't see any relevant connection for amateur golfers at all here.

unlike the majority of posters in here, I don't fashion my game after the professional golfers, I do what I want to do. Too many people in these forums buy the same clubs and equipment that professionals do when they don't have nearly the skill level that professionals do. I don't care what PGA professionals do as far as what I do, I am my own person and I do what I want to do. The PGA professionals have a totally different game than I have comma and that's okay for me, and I think the same holds true four ninety-nine percent of the people in these forums. The heck with the PGA professionals with respect to what equipment they use.

This is a very interesting accessory I see Japanese golfers use. It is a plush irons cover. Unlike here in America where individual iron covers go on iron heads, this accessory is designed to cover the iron heads as a group. This one is quite bewildering because the purpose of iron head covers, as I understand it, is to protect the clubhead from bag chatter. Even though the iron heads as a group are covered, driving a golf cart the bags still chatter from within the hood. Some of our beloved golfers from the Land of the Rising Sun are aware of this, so they install individual iron covers for further protection. The one pictured has a lanyard to prevent loss if it falls off the bag. Amazing accessory!

I will submit this as a separate topic in the Japanese market forum.

As someone who really enjoys playing golf alone, I couldn't agree with this more. I'm going to add one to this as well:

If my group is constantly waiting on every hole for the group in front, don't yell to us from the fairway if we decide to roll an extra putt or something. I'm all for playing faster but, people seem to think that they're actually going to go somewhere quicker if you had a shorter preshot routine or maybe didn't use a rangefinder. Pace of play is not strictly determined by the group in front of you. People need to chill out and just try to enjoy a round of golf on a sunday morning. I don't like slow play but, unless I really have somewhere to be, I couldn't imagine a place I'd rather be than out on the course. Maybe this is worse in New England, where people drive the exact same way and yell and tailgate you when there are 5 cars directly in front of you as well.

yeah i just don't get lack of etiquette. Yes, I know you payed your green fee just like i did, but damn..you know Im sitting there, because I can hear you bitching about it from 30 yards away, because I am sitting on the tee box 30 yards away... when you just took 34230482397542350845 practice swings...

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

• 1 month later...

Flip flops.

Jeans.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV