Which Accessories Identify You As A Hacker?

It might have been mentioned already. Yesterday, I saw a guy with golf towel hanging from a clip attached to his belt. Nasty.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys who look down at their GPS watch then verify the yardage with their laser.

Titleist TSR 4 - Autoflex SF 505XX

Burner Mini - Autoflex SF505XX

Cally Apex UW - Ventus TR RED 7x

Ping G430 3H - Ventus HY Blue 8x 

Ping Blueprint S 4-PW Axiom 105x

Hi-Toe 3 52/MG3 TW 60 - S400TI 

Odyssey Ai Milled Eleven DB w/Stability Tour 

Then proceed to chunk it

So what do you suggest, that they don't bother checking the yardage before they hit?

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

At the risk of offending someone I have a legitimate​ question on iron head covers, for quality players, 5 or less. I get it if you are trying out a set and don't know if you are going to sell them, but why continue to use them after you know they are keepers? Won't you use the irons until you wear them out, and what difference does it make if they have no bag chatter if nobody ever sees them anyway because they are under headcovers. With woods and putters obviously chatter would ding and dent the woods, causing potential structural issues and make them hideous at address, and with the putter, dings across the face could affect performance. However on an iron the only parts that get chatter, you don't even see at address. Do you guys just like to pull off your iron covers at home and look at how good the backs of your irons look? Seriously I'd like to understand this beyond eliminating bag chatter on a set you may not hang on to.

I am currently 5.3 and use iron covers . I just enjoy knowing my gear aleays looks as it was made. I can play any iron or wood or putter that looks good to me. Trashed gear

does not appeal to me.

Somebody has probably mentioned this already, but people who buy range finders with the slope function are hacks. You can't use them in tournament play, and you're not supposed to use them for rounds that are posted for your handicap. And we all know guys who use them for regular rounds that are posted, legal or not.. So they're cheats as well as hacks.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

This bag and sandals normally

f34454208924606d3d6f49a17b56c2f8.jpg

Funny, the first thing that screamed "hacker" in my mind was the yellow golf ball! Then I saw the feet, and they scream golf shoes all day long, not hacker. LOL.

From the tan lines on his feet, it's obvious that he doesn't play in Chacos all the time. That is, unless he plays in "Chacs with socks", then he would be a hacker and a short-knocker.

Callaway Mavrik 10.5* HZRDS 6.0 55g
Cobra BioCell 3w PXi S
Callaway Mavrik 20* Catalyst 65 5.5

Callaway Mavrik 5h 23* Catalyst 65 5.5
Titleist DCI 962 2-PW DG S300
Cleveland 588 54*, Callaway PM Grind 58*
Cameron Mil-Spec 

I do that a lot. I combine the two to help me determine where the pin is depth wise and also how much room I have between the pin and edge of the green.

Guess that makes me a hacker.

Hard to ignore the incredible irony between your post and your avatar pic.

I do that a lot. I combine the two to help me determine where the pin is depth wise and also how much room I have between the pin and edge of the green.

Guess that makes me a hacker.

Hard to ignore the incredible irony between your post and your avatar pic.

Ha! That's a good catch. No need for any kind of distance measuring device need for me from there. I just follow the instructions!

Then proceed to chunk it

So what do you suggest, that they don't bother checking the yardage before they hit?

Use one or the other, not both. I see this mostly with higher cap players, they get so worried about a number or this bunker is here, that water hazard is there, when they should try to focus on how to put it on the green. Learn how to feel your shots, be able to look at a yardage marker, then look at a flag color and execute. You can have all the information in the world, but if you are not a good ball striker or can't execute shots remotely close to how you picture it in your head what is the point?

Then proceed to chunk it

Use one or the other, not both. I see this mostly with higher cap players, they get so worried about a number or this bunker is here, that water hazard is there, when they should try to focus on how to put it on the green. Learn how to feel your shots, be able to look at a yardage marker, then look at a flag color and execute. You can have all the information in the world, but if you are not a good ball striker or can't execute shots remotely close to how you picture it in your head what is the point?

You described exactly why you wouldn't see a decent golfer using both. They just don't need to.

I'll argue the point of "learn how to feel your shots and look at the flag" though. Many good courses can be very deceiving with their perception of distance. Are you taking a stance against distance measuring devices altogether?

Then proceed to chunk it

You described exactly why you wouldn't see a decent golfer using both. They just don't need to.

I'll argue the point of "learn how to feel your shots and look at the flag" though. Many good courses can be very deceiving with their perception of distance. Are you taking a stance against distance measuring devices altogether?

No, just the use of both at the same time for a majority of people who play golf. I would argue if you gave a high capper just center of green yardage, and then have them try to hit center of green, their scores would be better than have exact yardage + how many steps from the edge the flag is, how far to carry the bunker, etc.

I'm a 5, and if I did as mentioned my scores on average would probably be better, at least more consistent.

Well actually I just have a GPS watch and the functions I use 90% of the time are middle of green and front edge of green. The front edge of green is important to me because I know if I carry this distance I'll be on the Green. The other functions I sometimes use maybe 10% of the time are hazards distances and length of my drive option. I do agree that oftentimes higher cap golfers get too precise for their own good and should concentrate more on a pure shot in terms of ball-striking. I guess my main point was even high handicappers need to know the distance to the green just like low cappers. That's all.

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

No, just the use of both at the same time for a majority of people who play golf. I would argue if you gave a high capper just center of green yardage, and then have them try to hit center of green, their scores would be better than have exact yardage + how many steps from the edge the flag is, how far to carry the bunker, etc.

I'm a 5, and if I did as mentioned my scores on average would probably be better, at least more consistent.

I agree with everything you're saying. There's no doubt that if I got paired up with a guy who used a gps and a rangefinder, I'd roll my eyes just to keep from saying anything beyond that. However, I also have a small secondary opinion. Most high handicap golfers NEVER stop to think about course management and that, along with never practicing, is why they'll never improve their scores. I gotta give at least a little credit to the guys that are at least trying to make halfway educated decisions and hopefully make an impact on their scores. But again, secondary opinion to thinking it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

How about an ademdum to the Iron Head Cover posts:

Iron Head Covers on a set of Ping G10s or original Callaway Big Berrhas.

I play Mizuno and I’d love to keep them looking nice, but playing desert courses doesn’t really allow that after a couple of hits. If I was playing something like Miura or Itobori blades that are really soft, you bet your Word not allowed my headcovers would even have sheep wool liners!

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

How about showing up on a drizzly day with NO rain gloves and NO rain jacket. Then being surprised an hour into the round that you're wet and miserable and you can't keep the clubs from slipping out of your hands.

That LACK of accessories is a real hacker move, don't you think?

Probable sign of a hacker is slow play.

Doesn’t that mean that fast players are good? Because there are 2 brothers in my men’s club, one has a 23 HC and the other a 24 HC, that can no sh*t walk a full 18 in under 3 hours.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

• 5 months later...

I'd disagree with that. I know plenty of single digit and a scratch golfers that are slow players. I also know plenty of high handicappers that are fast players that just want to go out, hit the ball and not cause a backup. Pace of play isn't an indication that they're a hacker. I don't like players that take a bunch of time walking around the whole green to read a 2 foot putt just to constantly miss it.

I'd disagree with that. I know plenty of single digit and a scratch golfers that are slow players. I also know plenty of high handicappers that are fast players that just want to go out, hit the ball and not cause a backup. Pace of play isn't an indication that they're a hacker. I don't like players that take a bunch of time walking around the whole green to read a 2 foot putt just to constantly miss it.

Slow play is not indicative of being a hacker or a good player. But it is indicative of being an Word not allowedhole.

Slow play is not indicative of being a hacker or a good player. But it is indicative of being an Word not allowedhole.

That I can agree with.