Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

If you're headed to Wichita, KS for the Air Capital Open this summer, drop me a line. I can probably get you set up with a place to stay, and I know the course well. Hell, I'll haul your bag.

Awesome! Thanks sbeduckman!

Well wishes from Charlotte.

If you ever need a place to crash in Charlotte, I've got a room. I look forward to reading more in this thread. Best thread I think I've ever read and would be honored to help if I can.

Thank you very much. Charlotte is a fantastic city and a place I wouldn't mind living.

new to this thread and just caught. Fantastic stuff so far. Play well at Pinewild today Matt, I have played it and you are right, it is long and tough!!

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

Matt's tee time today is at 1:20pm EDT at the Legacy Golf Links in Aberdeen, NC.

~ Leaderboard -- https://carpga.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/carpga16/event/carpga168/contest/1/leaderboard.htm

On a side note if you take any trips to the Pinehurst, NC area and are playing some courses in the area, Legacy Golf Links is a good track and is open to the public. The rates very depending on the time of year here is the link to the course information http://www.legacygolfnc.com

“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers

Matt's tee time today is at 1:20pm EDT at the Legacy Golf Links in Aberdeen, NC.

~ Leaderboard -- https://carpga.blueg...leaderboard.htm

On a side note if you take any trips to the Pinehurst, NC area and are playing some courses in the area, Legacy Golf Links is a good track and is open to the public. The rates very depending on the time of year here is the link to the course information http://www.legacygolfnc.com

With the morning wave times all posted it will take a -6 to get in and possibly a -5 for a playoff.. Goodness, not hard at all!!! (sarcasm)

~ Leaderboard -- https://carpga.blueg...leaderboard.htm

With the morning wave times all posted it will take a -6 to get in and possibly a -5 for a playoff.. Goodness, not hard at all!!! (sarcasm)

Unfortunately, Matt wasn't quite as sharp out there today as he would've hoped, but a -1 is respectable. Get 'em next time, Matt.

If you look at his score card he was -3 thru 6 and felt he had a great round going. He tweeted that he lost focus on one swing (hole 8) and that tee shot cost him. He will be home sometime late tonight and has US Open local Q on Thursday about an hour and 1/2 from here. Regarding the Latin tour event as of this am he moved one spot lower in his group (10 web members) and he won't know until Wed at 5pm eastern time if he is for sure in.

If he is then he plans to go on a red eye flight Sunday night. Personally my hope is that he gets into at least one of the first 4 Canadian tour events with his status before the reshuffle, because if he does and he can make any money he would be good for rest of season I expect..

Matt was staying at my house over the weekend and I carried his bag yesterday during the qualifier. It truly has been a pleasure having Matt here and was a lot of fun going to practice rounds and then the qualifier.

Unfortunately, Matt wasn't quite as sharp out there today as he would've hoped, but a -1 is respectable. Get 'em next time, Matt.

Personally I don't think that Matt "wasn't as sharp out there". I actually think he played really great golf with one bad hole.

To start to understand what happened in the qualifier you'd have to look at the full scorecard (linked). Matt actually played some excellent golf in the first 7 holes. On Hole 2 and Hole 6 he had putts for Eagle (30 foot and 20 foot roughly). On Hole 3, 4, 5 and 7 he had putts in the 15-20 foot range for birdie. Hole 6 Matt hit two of the best shots I have seen at any level of golf in person. He hit a 3wood baby draw into the fairway then a perfect 2iron onto the green on a 513 yard hole, just beautiful looking golf shots. He was human on hole 8 and hit a couple poor shots that cost him at least 2 shots. That happens to everyone now and then, golf is a hard game.

At the turn Matt checked the leader board he knew and told me 66 was the number and he was striking the ball well enough to go silly low. On Hole 13 that bogey was a result of not getting style points for grinding it out to a 3 or 4 under par round. Being aware that 66 was the number and at 1 under par Matt decided to take a bigger risk to try to get an eagle and get himself to 3 under with another Par 5 coming up. He over cut his second shot by 3 yards and paid for it by going into the water to the right of the green. Had Matt not had the double bogey on Hole 8, I know for a fact sitting at 3 or 4 under coming into the 13th hole he would not have hit the shot he attempted.

One hole in a Monday qualifier can crash a players well laid out plans for the rest of the round and then more risks get taken because it doesn't matter if you are 1 under or 5 under you will not be qualifying for the event either way knowing that 66 or better is going ot likely be in a playoff.

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers

Matt was staying at my house over the weekend and I carried his bag yesterday during the qualifier. It truly has been a pleasure having Matt here and was a lot of fun going to practice rounds and then the qualifier.

Personally I don't think that Matt "wasn't as sharp out there". I actually think he played really great golf with one bad hole.

To start to understand what happened in the qualifier you'd have to look at the full scorecard (linked). Matt actually played some excellent golf in the first 7 holes. On Hole 2 and Hole 6 he had putts for Eagle (30 foot and 20 foot roughly). On Hole 3, 4, 5 and 7 he had putts in the 15-20 foot range for birdie. Hole 6 Matt hit two of the best shots I have seen at any level of golf in person. He hit a 3wood baby draw into the fairway then a perfect 2iron onto the green on a 513 yard hole, just beautiful looking golf shots. He was human on hole 8 and hit a couple poor shots that cost him at least 2 shots. That happens to everyone now and then, golf is a hard game.

At the turn Matt checked the leader board he knew and told me 66 was the number and he was striking the ball well enough to go silly low. On Hole 13 that bogey was a result of not getting style points for grinding it out to a 3 or 4 under par round. Being aware that 66 was the number and at 1 under par Matt decided to take a bigger risk to try to get an eagle and get himself to 3 under with another Par 5 coming up. He over cut his second shot by 3 yards and paid for it by going into the water to the right of the green. Had Matt not had the double bogey on Hole 8, I know for a fact sitting at 3 or 4 under coming into the 13th hole he would not have hit the shot he attempted.

One hole in a Monday qualifier can crash a players well laid out plans for the rest of the round and then more risks get taken because it doesn't matter if you are 1 under or 5 under you will not be qualifying for the event either way knowing that 66 or better is going ot likely be in a playoff.

Sheesh, this tournament golf stuff is hard, hard, hard!

Think i'll stick to mowing my lawn Sunday.

Best Karma to you though!

Had a great guy on the bag! Thanks again. It just sucks to have something like that happen but its a learning experience. It just sucks to keep having learning experiences. I want to win some events! My next opportunity will be tomorrow at US Open Local Qualifying. Then I head to Mexico for a Latin PGA Event on Sunday night! Life of a pro golfer=lots of time on the road and in a plane.

Matt was in a 6 for 3 playoff and made it through the local qualifier -- http://www.ghintpp.com/scga/TPPOnlineScoring/ResultsStroke.aspx?id=1560

Hey all, Ag's here.. :) Whew what a long day. Left at 6 am just got home 12 hours later. Want to tell you about the playoff as he executed the best up and down EVER of his life. I hope I can do it justice. So there were 6 guys for the 3 spots and 2 alternates. First hole was hole 10 which is a long par 4, Matthew smashed his drive and was longest and in middle of fw.. Stuck approach to 9 feet. No one else on green, 3 guys had to chip and 2 were on fringe not close. Matthew was last to putt so by that time 2 guys has made bogey and the other 3 pars. Matthew missed the birdie just left. He said it was a statistical 35% make putt with pga stats.

So the 4 guys who made par go to hole 17. A high to low par 3 with hazard in front and to left and its windy.... First guy hazard left but can play it, second guy hazard front but can play it, Matthew hazard front BRUTAL lie but he played it.. wait till you here this.. 4th guy long bunker. Below are the pics we took after he executed the amazing shot. He had that large stick in front of his ball and his biggest concern was that he would hit that. In front of him he was stymied by that tree with the small V opening you see. He then had a bunker to clear and the flag was beyond it on the far left of green. He was below right. He said there was about a 1% chance he could make that shot happen, he said he was hoping to get the ball on something green. HE STUCK IT TO 3 FEET!!!! It was seriously amazing, he even was shocked that he got that result. He said it was the best up and down of his life and it made up for the missed putt on prior hole. I stood behind where he was after the shot and the guys had moved on and quite frankly, no way, impossible, I can't believe he event tried it. Lastly he was sick today, started to come down with a cold Tues am on his way home from NC.. Jeremy I hope your not sick..

He felt okay energy wise but had a really bad sore throat. They say "beware of the sick guy".

Super fun day, his girlfriend got a thrilling first time ever watching golf live as well.

I know Matt is busy for a while but hopefully he can answer this when he gets back. What are your thoughts of the people who are obviously falsifying their handicap to get into the qualifier. Its pretty obvious that someone shooting a 90+ is probably not a 1.4 Handicap. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

Unfortunately there isn't much they can do unless they raise the entry fee to 500 bucks or more. This is why they included Pre Qualifying Stage into the Web.com Q School. I've seen this in Monday qualifiers for Web.com events as well. For the guys who shoot 90+ however are not allowed to re enter the following year unless they can prove they are the handicap they say they are (with a head pros signature or something along that lines). Pre Qualifiers or ridiculous entry fees are the only way to weed out the players who really don't have a realistic opportunity in making it.

That shot with the pictures above was crazy good. Golf is a silly game. Should've been under par easy today with how my ball striking was but didn't make the putts I needed to. Then I have the only birdie putt on the first playoff hole form 9 feet and miss. Follow that with a poor iron shot on the toughest hole to that spot and the only shot I can even play is a "hero"/miracle shot. And sure enough it comes out perfectly. Pretty crazy.

Forgot to mention apparently he requested Ohio for sectionals, he wants to be at the site where the PGA tour plays because they allocate many more spots for sectionals there than Calif.. If anyone is close to there and is interested in caddying for the longest day of golf please let him know. He can't afford to bring someone, too expensive. Thanks

I know Matt is busy for a while but hopefully he can answer this when he gets back. What are your thoughts of the people who are obviously falsifying their handicap to get into the qualifier. Its pretty obvious that someone shooting a 90+ is probably not a 1.4 Handicap. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?

Unfortunately there isn't much they can do unless they raise the entry fee to 500 bucks or more. This is why they included Pre Qualifying Stage into the Web.com Q School. I've seen this in Monday qualifiers for Web.com events as well. For the guys who shoot 90+ however are not allowed to re enter the following year unless they can prove they are the handicap they say they are (with a head pros signature or something along that lines). Pre Qualifiers or ridiculous entry fees are the only way to weed out the players who really don't have a realistic opportunity in making it.

Here is a copy of "the letter" from the USGA back in 2011 posted by another member -- http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/660888-vanity-caps-trying-for-the-us-open/page__st__60#entry4959204

Hey all, Ag's here.. :) Whew what a long day. Left at 6 am just got home 12 hours later. Want to tell you about the playoff as he executed the best up and down EVER of his life. I hope I can do it justice. So there were 6 guys for the 3 spots and 2 alternates. First hole was hole 10 which is a long par 4, Matthew smashed his drive and was longest and in middle of fw.. Stuck approach to 9 feet. No one else on green, 3 guys had to chip and 2 were on fringe not close. Matthew was last to putt so by that time 2 guys has made bogey and the other 3 pars. Matthew missed the birdie just left. He said it was a statistical 35% make putt with pga stats.

So the 4 guys who made par go to hole 17. A high to low par 3 with hazard in front and to left and its windy.... First guy hazard left but can play it, second guy hazard front but can play it, Matthew hazard front BRUTAL lie but he played it.. wait till you here this.. 4th guy long bunker. Below are the pics we took after he executed the amazing shot. He had that large stick in front of his ball and his biggest concern was that he would hit that. In front of him he was stymied by that tree with the small V opening you see. He then had a bunker to clear and the flag was beyond it on the far left of green. He was below right. He said there was about a 1% chance he could make that shot happen, he said he was hoping to get the ball on something green. HE STUCK IT TO 3 FEET!!!! It was seriously amazing, he even was shocked that he got that result. He said it was the best up and down of his life and it made up for the missed putt on prior hole. I stood behind where he was after the shot and the guys had moved on and quite frankly, no way, impossible, I can't believe he event tried it. Lastly he was sick today, started to come down with a cold Tues am on his way home from NC.. Jeremy I hope your not sick..

He felt okay energy wise but had a really bad sore throat. They say "beware of the sick guy".

Super fun day, his girlfriend got a thrilling first time ever watching golf live as well.

That's Fantastic Matthew!!

Adorable GF :)

Continued Success!!

Fairways & Greens, Pins & Cups 4ever,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Good job Matt, Just a suggestion. When I was doing a lot of traveling I found that I would get sick almost everytime on the plane. I believe this is the second time you've gotten sick at a tourney (Q school and here)? Go to the store and get Olive Leaf Extract. If you do 2 weeks on 1 week off it will help you stay healthy and fight off the colds and general germs from all the traveling. This was told to me by the training staff at the Olympic Training center. They had the entire gymnastics team on it at the time because of their travels.

Good luck to you the rest of the way!

Forgot to mention apparently he requested Ohio for sectionals, he wants to be at the site where the PGA tour plays because they allocate many more spots for sectionals there than Calif.. If anyone is close to there and is interested in caddying for the longest day of golf please let him know. He can't afford to bring someone, too expensive. Thanks

If there is a qualifier in Dallas I would be ahoy to host

Shout out to Agatha by the way. My dad never missed my high school tournaments an was always just a spectator, but my mom loved to come and ride a cart a read books haha. I'll never forget I was in the lead at a tournament and had 125 in over a tree and she said, "you're not going to go for that right?" I ended up hitting gap wedge to 4 feet and made a the birdie putt with three holes to go and got my name on a trophy with Hunter Mahan and Andrew Dresser, needless to say she was really proud afterwards but i won't ever forget that. Agatha your the best golf mom ever, love how much you know the game!

If there is a qualifier in Dallas I would be ahoy to host

Thank you, thats very nice, he selected Ohio then Calif then Vancouver. He does love Texas though!!

And thats super cool about the trophy with Hunter Mahan's name too.. I hope you have a picture of it. It was nice to be able to watch, as it was relatively local but now that he travels so much I don't get to go very often. I have to watch live scoring. Next week when he is in Mexico I'll be watching the leaderboard which is hard because you really don't have any idea what is really going on out there. At least they have it though.