Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

Just a tip but get some of those hospital masks to keep the germs away while traveling. You may look goofy but they work very well.

When our son's white blood cell count falls they have him wear those and for about 2 weeks his white cell count was below 1 (below 4 and you have no chance of fighting something off) and he has never caught anything while wearing those.

They don't "keep germs away". They just prevent you from putting your fingers in your mouth or nose which is 60% of the way you catch colds and flu.

Thanks for the tip, I'll let his Nephrologists, Urologist, Cardiologist and Neurosurgeon know. Is that why the nurses wear the masks when he is admitted? Sorry for derailing the topic.

Hope the weekend went well Matt. If you ever come up to Nike's campus or the Web.com event up here you've got a place to crash.

Thanks guys. Today I only shot 1 under with one of the worst breaks I have ever gotten. My only bogey on the day came after hitting into a par five in two and having an eagle putt form 21 feet. I had to move my ball 3 yards left to find a spot where the ball would stay. The ball didn't move for an entire minute as I prepared to hit my putt. Right when I was about to take away my putter the ball moved. Stroke penalty and had to replace. I had to move the ball even more left and I didn't ground my club but it rattled me and then I three putted. Very bad break but better today than yesterday. I played the same as yesterday and putts lipped out and bad breaks happened. Thank goodness all my putts when in yesterday so I could play the weekend.

Thought they had changed that interpretation so that you pretty much had to stomp in order to be deemed having caused it to move?

The USGA and R&A did tweak Rule 18-2 some, here is a quote from the USGA website and a video explaining the change in 2016.

"Under Rule 18-2b, a player whose ball moved after address was automatically presumed to have caused the ball to move. In 2012, an Exception to Rule 18-2b was introduced to cover situations where it was known or virtually certain that the player had not caused the ball to move, but the application of that standard was not always clear. The withdrawal of Rule 18-2b means that there no longer will be any presumption and that the same overall test in Rule 18-2 will apply to all actions by the player: if the facts show that the player’s addressing of the ball or other actions caused the ball to move, the player will incur a one-stroke penalty."

--> http://www.usga.org/...5614285001.html

“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers

Because he is traveling today I don't know if he will be able to respond for awhile so here is the difference. The PGA tour has "feeder tours", PGA tour Latinoamerica, PGA tour China, and the MacKenzie tour PGA tour Canada.. If you go to the pga tour website and use the menu for other tours you can see each tour listed.

They all run similar I believe and they all have Q schools at different times and they have different schedules of course. I can't say for sure but I believe the Canadian is the most competitive of the 3 but don't quote me on that. Canada only runs in summer and it is a shorter season, it is desirable for Matthew since he played on it last season, he has experience on the courses which is great. There will be a reshuffle after the first 4 events and if he wins money he will likely get to play the entire rest of season. Currently his web.com status is what gained him entry into this weeks event (not his conditional canadian tour status). So far he is also in the upcoming events but we cannot count on that until the Wednesday prior because that is the deadline for his group of 10 (web players).

On a side note, he was in a taxi a bit ago headed to airport, he will fly to Mexico City, then LAX, then SFO.. I am going to go to Vancouver so I will be picking him up in SFO tonight at around 10pm and we have to be back at airport at 4 am for an early flight. He did not expect to get in this event so that is why the travel is gross!!!!

Thanks guys. Today I only shot 1 under with one of the worst breaks I have ever gotten. My only bogey on the day came after hitting into a par five in two and having an eagle putt form 21 feet. I had to move my ball 3 yards left to find a spot where the ball would stay. The ball didn't move for an entire minute as I prepared to hit my putt. Right when I was about to take away my putter the ball moved. Stroke penalty and had to replace. I had to move the ball even more left and I didn't ground my club but it rattled me and then I three putted. Very bad break but better today than yesterday. I played the same as yesterday and putts lipped out and bad breaks happened. Thank goodness all my putts when in yesterday so I could play the weekend.

Thought they had changed that interpretation so that you pretty much had to stomp in order to be deemed having caused it to move?

They only changed that its not a penalty if the wind moves it. It used to be that if the elements moved the ball it was still a penalty. Gravity will always be a penalty.

So what are the differences between a Latin Tour event and Canadian?

Ones in Canada and ones in South America?

PGA Latin pays in american dollars and visits many different countries and has double the events. PGA Canada pays in Canadian dollars and only has 12 events. The top 5 on the money list in Latin America get into the first 5 Web.com events while only the top money list earner in china and canada can play those. I'm learning there are many more benefits in Latin America then Canada for Web.com membership.

Good luck this week Matthew and Ags!

Here is a link to the course site:

http://www.pointgreygolf.com/Golf/Course_Tour.aspx

It is short by pro standards!

And link to the leaderboard:

http://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us/tournaments/freedom-55-financial-open/leaderboard.html

The leaderboard still has the results from last year up. Matthew was T55 in this last year.

Sitting at SFO after a wonderful 3 hours sleep. Matthews flight was delayed so we basically got to bed at 1145 and had to be up at 330.. Ah the joy of travel.

Last year the greens were hard which is why the scores were not super low. Last year the rough was also pretty juicy. It will be interesting to see how it plays this year.

Yes I'm in Greater Vancouver. My office is downtown but I live out in the burbs. Point Grey is a great course, it's private so I've only played it a few times.

I was hoping to get over to PG to watch a round this week but the way my schedule is shaping up may miss out. But I will definitely be watching the leaderboard.

Are you guys staying downtown? Not much by way of hotels near the course.

Yes I'm in Greater Vancouver. My office is downtown but I live out in the burbs. Point Grey is a great course, it's private so I've only played it a few times.

I was hoping to get over to PG to watch a round this week but the way my schedule is shaping up may miss out. But I will definitely be watching the leaderboard.

Are you guys staying downtown? Not much by way of hotels near the course.

We are at one of the host hotels by airport, Sandman, its kinda eh... The bummer is we had a condo reserved at Rosedale on the Robson with my timeshare that would have cost basically nothing but we thought he would not get in so we cancelled so as not to lose the points. Now its booked. Such is life with this status he has. Also he just got bumped from next week and the week following so thats up in the air. If he can get a top 20 this week it would guarantee a next week start.

For anyone who likes to follow apparently they will be doing shot link here like the full pga and web where more of a shot to shot description is given.

http://www.pgatour.com/canada/en_us/news/2016/05/24/mackenzie-tour-_-pga-tour-canada-moves-to-shotlink-for-scoring-s.html

I don't understand the point of flying all over the globe spending thousands of dollars to make $0, miss cuts, and play on obscure tours. There's hundreds of people doing this. Insanity.

The dudes on Web.com are shooting -21 and still are not making any money.

This all seems like a pipe dream. You are young. Drop all this, move to Hawaii and surf & golf all day and go to Q school when it pops up. If you don't make it, so be it. That's what I would do.

I don't understand the point of flying all over the globe spending thousands of dollars to make $0, miss cuts, and play on obscure tours. There's hundreds of people doing this. Insanity.

This all seems like a pipe dream. You are young. Drop all this, move to Hawaii and surf & golf all day and go to Q school when it pops up. If you don't make it, so be it. That's what I would do.

You are correct about one thing, Matt is young and has the time to still follow his dream regardless where it leads him. I've never been in Matt's shoes so there is no way that I can judge him for his career choices. I do admire someone that has the guts to follow their dream regardless of the financial and/or social conscienceless that could come from not being as successful as one would have hoped. At the very least the person that actually gives their dream a shot has no "what if" thoughts in their head afterwords regardless of the outcome.

I'll make a suggestion moving forward, when you want to post an opinion that is judgemental of someone's career choices you need to provide some better logic or proof to support your statements. Your logic is flawed that no one should ever try to be a professional golfer. If it wasn't for people following their dreams, we wouldn't have the technology that hosts this golf forum or the technology used to post your opinions on the golf forum. We wouldn't have television to watch sports and there would be no professional athletes anywhere, no sports would have been organized without someone following their dream against bad odds it would be successful and catch on in society.

Life would be very different today if it wasn't for the small group of people that actually followed their dreams and invented products or followed their dreams to be a professional athlete for the public's entertainment.

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers

You're argument has just a touch of validity, but even if he's missing cuts and making zero money, he's paying for an education on how to play for a living. Playing for your paycheck is a far cry from college tournament golf, and even further removed from the club championship or Sunday game with friends; you can't learn it without doing it. I feel it's a touch more complicated than waiting for Q school and "if you don't make it, so be it."

Luckily there thousands of people out there (sponsors of all the pipe dream chasing pros) that disagree with you. Is it a long shot? Of course it is. But not much in life that is rewarding is easy to obtain.

Oh and he did go to Q school, made it all the way to the finals and got conditional status on the web.com tour. You do know that no one gets a PGA Tour card at q school anymore right?

What, and get a mundane, run of the milI, paycheck to paycheck work for your vacation time and hopefully a pension job like you have? Be an invisible faceless nameless lil man giving life advice on a golf forum? Yea, that sounds like the ticket. Keep chasing those dreams, hahahha. M

Well, good morning Gents, Aggs and Sweetie :)

I see the lil dog wondered into the yard, chirped a bit and the big dogs came off the porch to play, lmao-

Damn, I love this virtual world, LMAO

Where the invisible can be seen, if only for a fleeting minute and lil boys can Play man, hahaha

Well, I'm glad ya got to go up Aggs!!

Enjoy the week and Matthew, Fairways Greens and Pins & Cups :)

Always,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

rockinar why do you feel the need to be an Word not allowed on this thread? do yourself and everyone else who is rooting for Matt to succeed a favor and take a hike and post your opinions on another thread. Preferably on another site.

Play well this week Matt, chase down that dream sir.

Don't give this troll the responses that he is wanting for. Ignore him and he will go away.

Eehhh, he did make the post at 3:10am. I'll give him the credit that he was just hammered drunk and posting out of spite and/or jealousy. Hopefully he sobers up and comes in to apologize.

Back to the topic at hand... Play well, Matt!

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Calling for a mix of sun and rain in Vancouver Thurs-Sunday. I would expect they keep the rough long to keep the bombers in check on a course that is modest length for professionals, and the greens may be somewhat receptive if we get rain tomorrow like they're calling for.

P.S. Haters going to hate / T.Swift