2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Life of a Conditional Web.com Member

GolfingBro

very good tournament Matt, cash that chq brother!

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

Yep.....

Fairways & Greens, Pins & Cups 4ever My Friend,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Matt quick question when you get the time . Are yardage markers on the course generally in yards or meters ?

Yards at all the courses I have played. Over in Europe I'm sure they are measured in meters.

Cool thanks I'm playing in the Staal Open qualifier , and was curious as to how courses were marked north of the border .

Good luck and play well!

Thank you everyone for the "congrats" and "good lucks". My week in Saskatoon was a good one but not after some weather issues.

Saturday weather was expected and we got that and more. I teed off on time at 8 am and played 5 holes. 3 hours later we all went out, hit one or no shots and got called in 3 minutes later. After another 3 hour wait they called the day. We would come back tomorrow and play the rest of round three and round four. Sunday was a fantastic day of golf for me. I began my the restart 2 over par and managed to get my round back under par with 4 birdies and 1 bogey over the next 12 holes.

I had an hour break for lunch between rounds so they could change the pins. My fourth round did not start amazing, I hit what I thought was a good shot on 1 but it ended up being a flyer that went over the green to a short sided chip. I ended up being 1 over through three. On four I had a great up and down and then 5 I shanked a wedge from 170 leaving me 50 yards in. Getting that up and down was huge because what followed next was epic golf.

Hole 6 160 into the wind 7 iron to 3 feet...Hole 7 245 3 wood on par five 18 footer for eagle tap in birdie...Hole 8 100 yard LW to 2 feet...Hole 9 going for the green from 270 leaving an easy chip to 1 foot...Hole 10 hit green in 2 from 270 with 2 iron and hit 60 footer to 1 foot...Hole 11 149 PW to 15 feet...Hole 12 good par from gunk...Hole 13 short chip to 1 inch. 7 out of 8 holes I made birdies! That was a lot of fun. My next bogeys were 3-4 footers that I just plain missed. That was a bummer but a T11th was still a great finish.

I shanked a wedge from 170 leaving me 50 yards in.

this would be a only on wrx line if you were not on a pro tour

congrats on the great play !

Haha. Happens to the best of us. Its what got my round going. Tour advice "shank some shots to get on the birdie train". Lol

If that's the case I'm on track to break some course records lol. Great tournament fun streak there congrats! what's next on the list?

Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 9
Taylormade RBZ Tour TP 14.5
Callaway Apex MB 2-PW
Titleist SM7 52, SM5 58
Taylormade Spider Tour

The reshuffle list came out. Matthew is in good shape till next reshuffle and possibly after that. He will for sure be in next 3 Canadian tour events and then they do the next one. He is in Winnipeg for his top 20 finish also but nice to know he can make some secure plans for travel and such. No more last minute crazy..

He is headed to Winnipeg next Sunday. He plans to come here tomorrow and see Don Parsons (coach) on Wednesday.

The reshuffle list came out. Matthew is in good shape till next reshuffle and possibly after that. He will for sure be in next 3 Canadian tour events and then they do the next one. He is in Winnipeg for his top 20 finish also but nice to know he can make some secure plans for travel and such. No more last minute crazy..

He is headed to Winnipeg next Sunday. He plans to come here tomorrow and see Don Parsons (coach) on Wednesday.

Don played pretty well in the US Senior Open qualifier last week. Missed but played ok especially since he works all the time!!

Don played pretty well in the US Senior Open qualifier last week. Missed but played ok especially since he works all the time!!

Yes apparently he would have played hole 17 differently if he had known where he stood, he found out after that some people thought about telling him on hole 16 but they didn't and he wishes they had.

Haha. Happens to the best of us. Its what got my round going. Tour advice "shank some shots to get on the birdie train". Lol

The "wrx only quote" refers more to the "wedge from 170 yards" than the shank part, to me at least haha :) .

Well done on the tourney!

Quick question : would making the top 10 have made a big difference for your status and all?

I meant pulling the W from 170 out !

Ping 425 Max Tour Shaft X 75g 

TSI 4 Wood (3 wood smoke shaft)

500U 3 Iron Smoke 80g
712U 4 Iron
714CB 5-6
718MB 7-PW 
Vokey SM9 50, 55, 60 
SC Newport 2.5

The "wrx only quote" refers more to the "wedge from 170 yards" than the shank part, to me at least haha :) .

Well done on the tourney!

Quick question : would making the top 10 have made a big difference for your status and all?

My status, no, but every dollar matters at the end of the season for top 60 rankings.

Thanks everyone, off to see my swing coach tomorrow to tighten things up.

Good old Winnipeg, I've been there a number of times to visit the in-laws. Some people call it the Chicago of the North. Those people are incredibly delusional. Good luck Matt.

Ha ha, I have been to Chicago and Winnipeg and yes- I think delusional is a good word. Naikwa CC is a nice track though, Matthew played there for the Canadian amateur about 7 years ago and did pretty well.

Good old Winnipeg, I've been there a number of times to visit the in-laws. Some people call it the Chicago of the North. Those people are incredibly delusional. Good luck Matt.

Ha ha, I have been to Chicago and Winnipeg and yes- I think delusional is a good word. Naikwa CC is a nice track though, Matthew played there for the Canadian amateur about 7 years ago and did pretty well.

Stanley Thompson courses are almost always very nice. Good luck to Matt.

Matt you mentioned working with your instructor last Wednesday, what does a typical lesson sound like and how long does the lesson last?

“He that can have patience can have what he will.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course – the distance between your ears.” ~ Bobby Jones
“A good player who is a great putter is a match for any golfer. A great hitter who cannot putt is a match for no one.” ~ Ben Sayers