Team PXG

Matt J

• 1 month later...

for a website that's 99 percent based on clubs and what they do or don't do there is a lot of people with their shorts in a knot because a rich guy started a golf company and charges a lot for his product. believe it or not every industry is like this, there is a high end market for everything that exists even toilets. if this was a Japanese based company people would be creaming in their shorts instead of trying to get the knot out and complaining online for no reason other than they are expensive or that the owner is rich and non inclusive.

for a website that's 99 percent based on clubs and what they do or don't do there is a lot of people with their shorts in a knot because a rich guy started a golf company and charges a lot for his product. believe it or not every industry is like this, there is a high end market for everything that exists even toilets. if this was a Japanese based company people would be creaming in their shorts instead of trying to get the knot out and complaining online for no reason other than they are expensive or that the owner is rich and non inclusive.

Calm down, Bob Parsons Jr

[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Current bag:
Titleist TS3 Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65 [/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 GD Tour AD-MT 7[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist 818H1 19, 818H1 23 GD Tour AD-DI 85[/font][/size]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Epon AF-705 5-AW MRC OT-I 95
Vokey Wedgeworks SM7 Raw 54M, 58D[/font][/size]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Scotty Cameron 009[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Taylormade TP5x[/size][/font]

Calm down, Bob Parsons Jr

i have no interest in playing pxg i don't like the way they look.

you are the biggest contrarian try hard on this site. you aren't funny that's my biggest issue with you.

The times I've seen Zach on TV his iron play has been off. He seems to hold it together and score OK but that's more to do with his putting than anything else.

Johnny Miller commented on Saturday that he had spoken with Zach and that he was still really struggling with the equipment change and just wasn't comfortable.

But his pockets are fatter now.... Nice trade off!

The times I've seen Zach on TV his iron play has been off. He seems to hold it together and score OK but that's more to do with his putting than anything else.

Johnny Miller commented on Saturday that he had spoken with Zach and that he was still really struggling with the equipment change and just wasn't comfortable.

But his pockets are fatter now.... Nice trade off!

PXG is not fattening any current player's pockets. Zach's other sponsors are doing far more.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

That ad may be targeting high earners, but it's embarrassingly badly written. Reads like someone trying to sell X-Ray vision glasses in the back of Boy's Life.

Not to mention that whomever wrote it doesn't know the difference between further and farther.

From Merriam-Webster's Unabridged:

Farther and further are historically the same word and for much of their histories they were used interchangeably. In recent times commentators have asserted that farther is to be used for distance (spatial, temporal, or metaphorical) and further in other contexts, but these dictates do not predict current actual usage. Both words are used as adjectives and the status of the adjectives is easily summarized: When distance is involved, either farther or further is used, but farther is slightly more common.

That ad may be targeting high earners, but it's embarrassingly badly written. Reads like someone trying to sell X-Ray vision glasses in the back of Boy's Life.

Not to mention that whomever wrote it doesn't know the difference between further and farther.

Farther and further are historically the same word and for much of their histories they were used interchangeably. In recent times commentators have asserted that farther is to be used for distance (spatial, temporal, or metaphorical) and further in other contexts, but these dictates do not predict current actual usage. Both words are used as adjectives and the status of the adjectives is easily summarized: When distance is involved, either farther or further is used, but farther is slightly more common.

There is a lot of dissent among the interweb folk on this topic (shocking) but you would never hear a lawyer say, "I have no farther questions, your honor."

There is a lot of dissent among the interweb folk on this topic (shocking) but you would never hear a lawyer say, "I have no farther questions, your honor."

That's because that usage is the "other" context. We were talking about spatial distance.

That's because that usage is the "other" context. We were talking about spatial distance.

And it is generally accepted in the modern vernacular that farther is utilized for that spatial distance whereas further is to a degree as words and their associated meanings are always evolving. Bob Parsons would be in a very gay mood if James Hahn won today.

As to Parsons and his lack of likeability or class, I work with entrepreneurs on a daily basis -- they are tough and demanding, and usually pretty crass... at least the ones I work with ... but they are humorous in a tough or rough/crass kind of way. They are typically cynical ba$tards. lol

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi @45.25
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18 w/TPTGolf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H & 5H w/TPTGolf Hybrid Shaft
  • Ping i230 6-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 w/ Nippon 105 Wedge
  • Putter:  LAB Cobalt Blue DF3 w/TPT Shaft
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Glad to be apart of PXG...........CONGRATS TO James Hahn and PXG!!!!

DRIVER:  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

TAYLORMADE `24 P Series UDI 17*, Recoil Dart 105X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X // PXG 0317CB, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

Totally agree. I do not own any PXG clubs but I admire people with a vision who pursue something with big obstacles, real or perceived....could be the 8-year-old girl selling lemonade in the neighborhood or the busker with the $30 guitar at the bus station trying to make a living...or a Division II athlete trying to walk on in the NFL.

I feel sorry for all of the insecure, negative people on Golfwrx who just rag on PXG.

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813

Totally agree. I do not own any PXG clubs but I admire people with a vision who pursue something with big obstacles, real or perceived....could be the 8-year-old girl selling lemonade in the neighborhood or the busker with the $30 guitar at the bus station trying to make a living...or a Division II athlete trying to walk on in the NFL.

I feel sorry for all of the insecure, negative people on Golfwrx who just rag on PXG.

There is a lot of negativity here. The TOUR is boring to watch, some guys are too slow, THE PLAYERS has become irrelevant, and so on.

I know why this is, too. These guys never should've married. :)

In fairness some of the early cynicism came about when an obvious shill or two were making outrageous claims. Congrats to James Hahn, he hung tough and played clutch. The greenside interview was great. Seems like one of the good guys.

I woulda bet on Zach to be the first to break through on that staff, shows what I know.

And I don't recall a ball in a shoe ever happening live...

Outrageous is being kind. Congrats to Jamess Hahn, not to his clubs since they didn't do a dammed thing for him that any other club wouldn't have but to the player who makes the club look good. A lot of Indians need to get off of the magical arrow bandwagon.

Oh and this isn't different than any other club fan boys doing the exact same thing except some in the PXG crowd are exceptional kool-aid drinkers and completely oblivious when it comes to the cost=better equation.

I do wish the tour had more like James.

PXG = Let's spend a mountain of money on marketing and advertising, then make it next to impossible for anyone to buy our clubs.

This company is so odd. It's like Parsons is trying to spend all his money before going to prison for a Ponzi scheme or something. Either way, we all know they won't make it. These boutique club makers never do. Even the ones who look promising.

It looks a little bit like they are trying to take a page out of Ping's history book. If you look back to when Ping became a premium golf company with the Eye-2 and how they succeeded with clubs that were more expensive than the rest it looks a lot like what PXG is trying to do. I don't know if their clubs are that different from what's available today like the Eye-2s were.

It's hard to describe the influence that Ping had on the golf industry at that time. The whole knock off thing came about because you couldn't get Eye-2's at prices comparable to the other manufacturers. They were huge on the PGA tour. Everybody wanted them but a lot didn't want to pay for them.

It looks a little bit like they are trying to take a page out of Ping's history book. If you look back to when Ping became a premium golf company with the Eye-2 and how they succeeded with clubs that were more expensive than the rest it looks a lot like what PXG is trying to do. I don't know if their clubs are that different from what's available today like the Eye-2s were.

It's hard to describe the influence that Ping had on the golf industry at that time. The whole knock off thing came about because you couldn't get Eye-2's at prices comparable to the other manufacturers. They were huge on the PGA tour. Everybody wanted them but a lot didn't want to pay for them.

well said- I think a lot of people forget how a few companies that are now "the pillars" of the community were true innovators. Ping was the "rich person" club when I was kid growing up playing. The BeCu Eye 2's were only for doctors and lawyers at our club. This is all circa' 1987-1989. Ping made different looking clubs and had a "fitting" system. I don't think PXG ( which I own a set of) is an innovator or is going to be looked back on as someone that pushed boundaries but I think it's comical how people want to see this company fail so bad. I would venture to say that they will be just fine and have done a lot right. They hired quality engineers and have signed people on tour who are consistently out there. Not too flashy but not too dull. Zach was Mr. Titleist to me so for him to switch tells me a lot. Hell I'm no tour player but even when I went from having played AP2's for 10 years almost to PXG's it took a little adjusting. I appreciate the being called classless ( or rich ...I wish) for wanting to try something that seemed like a once in a lifetime opportunity. People have a lot of hate on this site and yes...generally speaking when people hate on something so hard or actively root against something, envy is the underlying reason.

Of course knowing the maturity of people on this site I'm sure I'm about to get roasted...enjoy. I think it's fun to see how riled up people get over simple posts. I will just shut my laptop and head to the course to practice.

KirkNo-yes: I enjoyed your post.

Nice to see people like you who give issues thought, look at it from multiple sides, have a recognition that "history is the epilogue of today"....and write with insight and perspective. Now someone will find an incorrect syntax in my email and rag on that --- and miss the overall thought. I'm likely going to take a few days sabbatical from the wonderful Golfwrx as I accidentally have let myself get sucked down to the lower regions (during the past few days) of the small-minded types who troll here, which I won't let happen again. Want to stay above the fray.

Agree on motivation...people are usually motivated by pain, fear or greed...envy is a cousin of fear and pain. Nice post, KirkNo-yes.

TM M2 driver (2016)
TM M2 3 and 5 woods (2017)
PXG 19 degree
Mizuno MP 25, 4-9 (about to change)
Miura CB-57 PW
Miura wedges, 53 and 59, Y grind
1964/5 Wilson 8813