Team PXG

Matt J

KirkNo-yes: I enjoyed your post.

Nice to see people like you who give issues thought, look at it from multiple sides, have a recognition that "history is the epilogue of today"....and write with insight and perspective. Now someone will find an incorrect syntax in my email and rag on that --- and miss the overall thought. I'm likely going to take a few days sabbatical from the wonderful Golfwrx as I accidentally have let myself get sucked down to the lower regions (during the past few days) of the small-minded types who troll here, which I won't let happen again. Want to stay above the fray.

Agree on motivation...people are usually motivated by pain, fear or greed...envy is a cousin of fear and pain. Nice post, KirkNo-yes.

Thank you for the kind words. Just trying to keep people a little more on an even keel around here. I understand the awkwardness of PXG's...Heck I get a little embarrassed when people see my and say "oh man you have PXG's...are they as good as everyone says they are?!?!" or worse " aren't those the clubs that are like a ton of money each?"...It's not a question I like to have to answer. Thankfully I got them in a trade so I quickly talk about that. Man I had some SERIOUS club ho envy when those BeCu Ping's came out. I would just sit and stare at them in the pro shop. My buddy got a set ( son of a doctor ha!!) and I hit them and was really disappointed. If I had never hit them I would still have loved them to this day probably...

Good win for James Hahn - great guy and great player!

Bob Parsons, in his recent article with golf digest, is definitely pushing the elitist message and his world view.

"WHEN I BOUGHT SCOTTSDALE NATIONAL GOLF CLUB in 2013, I wanted an exclusive, truly national club that offered as incredible a golf experience as you could find. I wanted hand-picked members, most of whom don't live in Arizona. I wanted each visit to the club to be special. At first inspection, I discovered that the members who used the club the most supported it the least. They spent little in the golf shop, restaurant and on other amenities. My letter to the membership contained my oft-quoted words, "This will not continue." It was a different model, controversial to some, not that I minded—I own it. I restructured how the club would work, fee structures and club policies. I offered a 100-percent refund of initiation fees to existing members who chose not to stay, which was far more generous than required. There was one catch for members who took that offer—keep in mind, some were refunded as much as $110,00—they couldn't come back. There were lots of takers, but I got the exclusive membership, club and course that I wanted. We redesigned two of the last four holes and are adding 27 holes, including a nine-hole par-3 course. We're expanding the clubhouse, adding casitas and other facilities. It's going to be everything I wanted it to be."

The nerve of people joining a club for $110,000 and expect to actually use it?!?

Bob was very benevolent in refunding their money. What a prince!

They have a marketing strategy that targets high earners. I happened to notice one of their ads in this magazine while I was in Chicago.

Read the ad copy. They aren't interested in the 99%. :tongue:

"PXG clubs feature revolutionary USGA approved technology (54 patents issued or pending)" - that will still hook your ball right into the water like clubs costing a 1/4 less.

Good win for James Hahn - great guy and great player!

Bob Parsons, in his recent article with golf digest, is definitely pushing the elitist message and his world view.

"WHEN I BOUGHT SCOTTSDALE NATIONAL GOLF CLUB in 2013, I wanted an exclusive, truly national club that offered as incredible a golf experience as you could find. I wanted hand-picked members, most of whom don't live in Arizona. I wanted each visit to the club to be special. At first inspection, I discovered that the members who used the club the most supported it the least. They spent little in the golf shop, restaurant and on other amenities. My letter to the membership contained my oft-quoted words, "This will not continue." It was a different model, controversial to some, not that I minded—I own it. I restructured how the club would work, fee structures and club policies. I offered a 100-percent refund of initiation fees to existing members who chose not to stay, which was far more generous than required. There was one catch for members who took that offer—keep in mind, some were refunded as much as $110,00—they couldn't come back. There were lots of takers, but I got the exclusive membership, club and course that I wanted. We redesigned two of the last four holes and are adding 27 holes, including a nine-hole par-3 course. We're expanding the clubhouse, adding casitas and other facilities. It's going to be everything I wanted it to be."

The nerve of people joining a club for $110,000 and expect to actually use it?!?

Bob was very benevolent in refunding their money. What a prince!

I found the article interesting, he has courage of conviction and that can be polarizing. A member accustomed to status quo had to have been shocked into reality with that - but he had his vision and as he states, nothing new is accomplished by committee.

I was an employee at Firestone when CEO John Nevin sold Firestone CC. Not popular. It was a shock at the time but in hindsight it was really the only play that made sense for the company.

Different situations to be sure, but the guy at the top has to make the decisions based on vision.

This thread is about the PGA TOUR pros that are sponsored by PXG. But, lucky for you, there are about 37 other threads where you can go complain that PXG clubs are way too expensive.

Horschel came in with the best finish at Sawgrass with a tied for 28 and -3 taking home $68,325.00

Chris Kirk DQ'd from below the cut line before the delayed start to finish the second round on Saturday. Not sure if that was just to get home to his wife and kids or if he's having problems with his hand again? No mainstream media report concerning the DQ.

Hahn Tied for 43'rd.

ZJ tied for 54th.

Ryan Moore cut with a 70 / 75.

Charles Howell III cut with a 72 / 75..

While their marketing and equipment isn't really for me, I find it way more honest and believable than the whole Callaway Boeing driver deal. Why would Boeing engineers know anything about golf design? I feel like that is far-reaching, whereas PXG pretty much tells you honestly that their equipment is crazy expensive, hard to find, not for everyone, and goes to explain how their equipment is different and better than the competition.

I'd like to see more independent, unbiased reviews on PXG, if such a thing exists.

Hell, I can't wait to find someone that has them so I can hit them. Those dark heads are pretty badass looking.

I was just in AZ this weekend and hit the 0311T @ Hornacek's House of Golf in Scottsdale. They have a 7iron in graphite and also KBS. Hit it into a net and wished I would have liked them more than I did. I really wanted to buy a set and now I'm back to square one...

I played with someone (3 handicap) who had a set of the XPG irons. He said he previously played Miura irons and loved them.

He said he struggled with the XPG irons from day one, but said they were so expensive, he wanted to give them a fair trial. Sounded a little disappointed they weren't as good as his previous iron. Miura makes awesome irons, so that was a pretty big ask.

I do that with putters all the time. Trusty starts missing putts and ends up in the closet. Go to the golf store and get a new one. The new love lasts about a week or two before I'm begging Trusty to take me back. Haha

While this is anecdotal - I didn't hit the clubs myself, it didn't make me want to try them.

This thread is about the PGA TOUR pros that are sponsored by PXG. But, lucky for you, there are about 37 other threads where you can go complain that PXG clubs are way too expensive.

Horschel came in with the best finish at Sawgrass with a tied for 28 and -3 taking home $68,325.00

Chris Kirk DQ'd from below the cut line before the delayed start to finish the second round on Saturday. Not sure if that was just to get home to his wife and kids or if he's having problems with his hand again? No mainstream media report concerning the DQ.

Hahn Tied for 43'rd.

ZJ tied for 54th.

Ryan Moore cut with a 70 / 75.

Charles Howell III cut with a 72 / 75..

Calm down Condi....

• 3 years later...

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/zach-johnson-miss-fedexcup-playoffs-first-time-just-didnt-have-it-week-or-year

But Johnson was also the most high-profile player to sign an equipment deal with PXG in 2016, a move that came just months after his victory at St. Andrews when he was ranked 13th in the world. While he has not won since and will now miss the postseason for the first time, he bluntly refuted the notion that his equipment change has had a negative impact on his game.

**“That’s false,” Johnson said. “For me, it’s the best stuff. It’s not even a question.”**

> @bscinstnct said:

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/zach-johnson-miss-fedexcup-playoffs-first-time-just-didnt-have-it-week-or-year

>

> But Johnson was also the most high-profile player to sign an equipment deal with PXG in 2016, a move that came just months after his victory at St. Andrews when he was ranked 13th in the world. While he has not won since and will now miss the postseason for the first time, he bluntly refuted the notion that his equipment change has had a negative impact on his game.

>

> **“That’s false,” Johnson said. “For me, it’s the best stuff. It’s not even a question.”**

Did he not say the same thing at the time when he took a black sharpie to cover up the markings on his old Titleist driver?! Haha.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Sorry to bump a ancient thread. I have the new driver and 0311t irons in the bag and it’s not hype. I think my Irons are the best I’ve ever owned hands down! My iron search is completely over. The driver is awesome too. Anyone who thinks the equipment is inferior has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. PXG might not be for everyone it’s not cheap there’s no doubt but it’s 100% legit.

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

> @bscinstnct said:

> https://www.golfchannel.com/news/zach-johnson-miss-fedexcup-playoffs-first-time-just-didnt-have-it-week-or-year

>

> But Johnson was also the most high-profile player to sign an equipment deal with PXG in 2016, a move that came just months after his victory at St. Andrews when he was ranked 13th in the world. While he has not won since and will now miss the postseason for the first time, he bluntly refuted the notion that his equipment change has had a negative impact on his game.

>

> **“That’s false,” Johnson said. “For me, it’s the best stuff. It’s not even a question.”**

The check cleared so would you expect him to say otherwise? Im sure Bob wouldn't be happy.

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

![](https://pics.me.me/we-have-determined-that-was-a-lie-memes-com-14280961.png "")

• Like 1

> @"Big Ben" said:

> Sorry to bump a ancient thread. I have the new driver and 0311t irons in the bag and it’s not hype. I think my Irons are the best I’ve ever owned hands down! My iron search is completely over. The driver is awesome too. Anyone who thinks the equipment is inferior has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. PXG might not be for everyone it’s not cheap there’s no doubt but it’s 100% legit.

Uh-oh. Someones fallen off the wagon.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

> @duffer987 said:

> > @"Big Ben" said:

> > Sorry to bump a ancient thread. I have the new driver and 0311t irons in the bag and it’s not hype. I think my Irons are the best I’ve ever owned hands down! My iron search is completely over. The driver is awesome too. Anyone who thinks the equipment is inferior has absolutely no idea what they are talking about. PXG might not be for everyone it’s not cheap there’s no doubt but it’s 100% legit.

>

> Uh-oh. Someones fallen off the wagon.

Moment of weakness what can I say ?

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I wonder how many millions per year PXG loses. There's no chance this is a profitable business.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5