2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Secret History of Tiger Woods -

socied

Gentlemen~

Just so we are all on the same page

THIS is SEAL Training.......

Oh yea, does anyone know if Tiger can even swim?????

Seriously......

Like can he swim as well as he hit a golf ball????

Two great "Pearls" that I was told when I was 14yo and met one of my father's teammates and he told me these and I've lived by them-

~ When you're at the end, and ready to quit, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and just focus on putting one foot in front of the other.

I cannot tell you how many times that I have done this in the last 42 years. Too many to count.

~ Sometimes in life you're going to have to fight. Fight like a rabid dog and when your done, Leave the scene as quickly as you can.. Do not stick around and take bows or gloat.

Unfortunately(or fortunately) I've had to follow his advice here also

He was a Great Man and he's always stayed in touch-

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friends,

RP

IIRC Tiger was a champion swimmer in high school

Though I remember hearing Earl say one of Tigers best sports was track. Maybe the 200 or 400 meters?

Dl, this is in no way shape or form directed at you however Earl also said that the Tigster would one day be bigger than Gandhi ;)

Stay Well My Friend and have a great weekend :)

My Best,

RP

LOL. No doubt Earl was full of hyperbole. My point is Tiger was a pretty good athlete. So was Jack, Sam, Ben, Tom, Bobby etc. as far as the Ghandi comment, never understood why a father would make a comment like that to the media. He must have been drinking that day. Just rediculous.

Get well my friend and have a great weekend yourself.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say someone doesn't appear to be a Tiger fan....

Anyone who doesn't have Jack and Tiger (in either order) as #1 and #2 is not much of a historian. The debate between which of them was better is one that will rage on forever, unless someone comes along and raises the bar above both of them, but I don't think that's very likely. There are great arguments on both sides that Jack was the greatest or Tiger was the greatest (I'm with Richard that Jack was the greatest champion, Tiger the greatest to ever play), but to argue that anyone else could be in that #1-2 spot.....sorry. Ignorant at best.

Of course that's always the fallback line if you say something that isn't 100% in favor of someone else..... "you are a hater of tiger"..... are you 15 years old?

give it a rest....

Tsecor, I gave you two options for your assessment of Tiger's career. Either you're not a fan, which is totally fine, or you're a lousy historian, also fine! Either way, if Tiger isn't your #1 or #2 guy, you're wrong. That's just the way it is man. There is no legitimate argument that holds up for putting him below anyone else besides Jack.

Richard, always appreciate the kind words, and "hater" is on my pet peeve list as well!

It hilarious how members of this community automatically start throwing names out, calling you ignorant ect...it really just shows what type of person they are. That's fine because we all know in a real life situation, these same type of people would be peeing in their pants speaking to people like that face to face. classic keyboard warriors and virtual muscle heads. its comical at best.

anyway, what makes this nation great is the right to debate. Tigers overall career is great, nobody debates that....but because certain narrow minded individuals don't understand that opinion and debate is subjective, really makes me laugh....many people feel Tom Brady is the best QB of all time....some say Montana.....historians say John Unitas....so what......its subjective and fun to discuss.....top 5 all time is a slight I guess...hilarious

FWIW, maybe anywhere from .01 to .02, while I'm partial to SEALs, RECON Guys are some Very Very Very Bad Bois!!

I know, I know, so are Green Berets and PJ's(My Sis's hubby is a retired PJ and I've posted pics of him and he loos like a cherubic country clubber, LMAO. He's a great Dude and he can tolerate my lil Sis(who as the youngest child, only girl surrounded by my father and three older Bros, well, spoiled doesn't do her justice, lol, however she is very sweet, a tad "difficult" at times, lol. That seems to be genetic with Beautiful Blondes, hahaha. We'd never have tolerated her havin a bad 'tude, lol), which is a chore, LMAO.

RECON takes a backseat to no one, and it's just my belief that you'd have to kill one to get him there unless he wanted to sit there-

Good luck with that, lol

Have nice weekend Brodinis and if ya hit the course, Fairways & Greens and Pins & Cups :)

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Anyone who doesn't have Jack and Tiger (in either order) as #1 and #2 is not much of a historian. The debate between which of them was better is one that will rage on forever, unless someone comes along and raises the bar above both of them, but I don't think that's very likely. There are great arguments on both sides that Jack was the greatest or Tiger was the greatest (I'm with Richard that Jack was the greatest champion, Tiger the greatest to ever play), but to argue that anyone else could be in that #1-2 spot.....sorry. Ignorant at best.

Of course that's always the fallback line if you say something that isn't 100% in favor of someone else..... "you are a hater of tiger"..... are you 15 years old?

give it a rest....

Tsecor, I gave you two options for your assessment of Tiger's career. Either you're not a fan, which is totally fine, or you're a lousy historian, also fine! Either way, if Tiger isn't your #1 or #2 guy, you're wrong. That's just the way it is man. There is no legitimate argument that holds up for putting him below anyone else besides Jack.

Richard, always appreciate the kind words, and "hater" is on my pet peeve list as well!

It hilarious how members of this community automatically start throwing names out, calling you ignorant ect...it really just shows what type of person they are. That's fine because we all know in a real life situation, these same type of people would be peeing in their pants speaking to people like that face to face. classic keyboard warriors and virtual muscle heads. its comical at best.

anyway, what makes this nation great is the right to debate. Tigers overall career is great, nobody debates that....but because certain narrow minded individuals don't understand that opinion and debate is subjective, really makes me laugh....many people feel Tom Brady is the best QB of all time....some say Montana.....historians say John Unitas....so what......its subjective and fun to discuss.....top 5 all time is a slight I guess...hilarious

But then you threw names out at him, so pot meet kettle? And in the spirit of debate, please provide us with your opinion as to which golfer, other than Jack, had a better career than Tiger.

What about Terry Bradshaw????

If Jack's 18 are the yardstick, what are Brad's 4???

I'm kiddin, I'm kiddin :)

Just be like Maddie, the nurses and my friends......

Ignore Me

Johnny U was Bad A**, though if pressed for one Man, one 80 yard drive, one minute on the clock......

Joe :)

Later Ed: As I look at my response, it is amazing how we all choose our standard for "Greatness" or GOAT. I mean, based on my response, one drive, bla bla bla, well hell, that's such a small snapshot of time, there are a bunch of guys that are clutch, none less than Tom and hell, Brad had 4 playoff games where the Stillers were down when he took the ball for their final drive. I gotta come up with a better barometer, lol. Even if I do, I'll fit it around Joe bein the Greatest, lmao

Oh s***, THAT'S vintage WRX, LMAO

Fairways & Greens My Friends,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Lumberman, there is strong speculation that Tiger did in fact injure his leg seriously while training with the SEALS before the '08 US Open, he just doesn't want to admit it.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

give it a rest....

Absolutely, there are a lot of keyboard Kommandos, that's for damn sure, lmao

However I wouldn't classify any in this conversation over the last few pages in that group-

HaHa, I had one from another thread PM me and tell me that indeed he would be the same way belly to belly, lmao

I betcha would tiger, lol

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :)

RP

The bottom line with the SEAL hyperbole that's thrown around Tiger is at the end of the day, you have to be willing to put yourself in situations where the enemy is trying to kill you and they don't care how, nor do they care who you are. They're crazy enough to kill themselves to kill you.

I cannot fathom how anyone would say "I could do that" when "doing that" literally takes the biggest brass pair you can possibly have.

And what is all this garbage about Tiger being a track star or swimming star? Get real people.

Lumberman, there is strong speculation that Tiger did in fact injure his leg seriously while training with the SEALS before the '08 US Open, he just doesn't want to admit it.

I've heard and read about that. What I meant was really screwed up....a grenade exploding and taking off a hand or getting shot or drowning (although that one SEAL said Tiger never got wet or sandy).

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

The bottom line with the SEAL hyperbole that's thrown around Tiger is at the end of the day, you have to be willing to put yourself in situations where the enemy is trying to kill you and they don't care how, nor do they care who you are. They're crazy enough to kill themselves to kill you.

I cannot fathom how anyone would say "I could do that" when "doing that" literally takes the biggest brass pair you can possibly have.

And what is all this garbage about Tiger being a track star or swimming star? Get real people.

LMAO, I just had a vision of Tiger racing Gandhi on a Fla beach with both in camos and combat boots and Tiger tripped him to win at the end-

I'll give him credit, he takes "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin to a whole 'nother level"

Hah, whatta Pr***, LMAO

WoW, this Dilaudid really helps with my creativity in my visualizing, too bad I couldn't Play feelin like Gumby, lol

Have a great weekend :)

My Best,

RP

I forgot to add to the other off topic conversation within a conversation....

Joe Montana. The Man.

That's who I meant by "Joe"

One drive, One minute, One Man.....

Joe

All the Best,

Richard

I didn't call you any names. I said your opinion is factually wrong, and ignorant at best, as I tend to think there are other motives behind your posts (not just about Tiger, but a pattern I see in your posts around WRX). I stand by that, and would not hesitate to tell you that if we were having this debate in person.

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

I didn't call you any names. I said your opinion is factually wrong, and ignorant at best, as I tend to think there are other motives behind your posts (not just about Tiger, but a pattern I see in your posts around WRX). I stand by that, and would not hesitate to tell you that if we were having this debate in person.

I wonder if some would be able to stand in front of TW and tell him its debatable if he is a top 5 player ; )

LMAO, I just had a vision of Tiger racing Gandhi on a Fla beach with both in camos and combat boots and Tiger tripped him to win at the end-

I'll give him credit, he takes "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin to a whole 'nother level-

Hah, whatta Pr***, LMAO

WoW, this Dilaudid really helps with my creativity in my visualizing, too bad I couldn't Play feelin like Gumby, lol

My Best,

RP

Sweetheart, I just got a second call from your nurses and though I haven't listened to either message because I'm in the middle of a kiddie klinic, all that I'll say is please put the phone away, get dressed and let them take you to IV's. You can play with the other kiddies once they hook you up :) Love You, Madison

I'll give him credit, he takes "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin to a whole 'nother level-

Hah, whatta Pr***, LMAO

My Best,

RP

Sweetheart, I just got a second call from your nurses and though I haven't listened to either message because I'm in the middle of a kiddie klinic, all that I'll say is please put the phone away, get dressed and let them take you to IV's. You can play with the other kiddies once they hook you up :) Love You, Madison

Richard, you should listen to Madison. Our nonsense will be here when you get back.

SYard T388
TaylorMade RBZ 13-15
Miura CB-57 3-PW
Miura 51Y, 52K,56K, 57C, 60K
Old Titleist Blade

Hah, whatta Pr***, LMAO

My Best,

RP

Richard, you should listen to Madison. Our nonsense will be here when you get back.

Women ;)

Actually, neither nurse said a word, lol

They walked in, looked at me and then turned and left-

Seriously, neither one said a word-

And this callin Maddie is bulls***....

I'm a friggin adult male-

I mean, I may not always act like one but WTF?

I'm filing a complaint-

Ok, I'll see you guys in a bit, as I probably should jump into the shower-

HaHa, "jump into the shower," lol

In my dreams, though hopefully I'll be finished with this damn 7i/cane by August-

Talk to you all in a bit :)

All the Best,

RP

Hah, whatta Pr***, LMAO

My Best,

RP

Women ;)

Actually, neither nurse said a word, lol

They walked in, looked at me and then turned and left-

Seriously, neither one said a word-

And this callin Maddie is bulls***....

I'm a friggin adult male-

I mean, I may not always act like one but WTF?

I'm filing a complaint-

Ok, I'll see you guys in a bit, as I probably should jump into the shower-

HaHa, "jump into the shower," lol

In my dreams, though hopefully I'll be finished with this damn 7i/cane by August-

Talk to you all in a bit :)

All the Best,

RP

All I can say is you are so BUSTED! good luck. :)

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Michael Jordan played basketball and yes it was painful to watch an old man play for the wizards with blown out knees.

But Tiger plays golf for ctying out loud! I'm not even sure you can draw one thing similar between the two sports.

Tiger could take 3 years off then practice for a year then play if he wanted to. If he was 50 he'd be done, but 40 is not old for a golfer.

I stand by that, and would not hesitate to tell you that if we were having this debate in person.

Only a fool or a troll would doubt that~

My Best,

Richard

I wonder if some would be able to stand in front of TW and tell him its debatable if he is a top 5 player ; )

I would have no issue telling tiger my opinion and id do it in a respectful manner as I did here. I don't view it as a slight, its an amazing career...what is so wrong with that? Its an opinion....and if there was some measuring tool to remove subjections from a debate..well then we would have no debate........there is no doubt jack and some other old school gofers from that same era had 10x the competition that tiger did,,,,you can deny that all you want, but that is factual....tigers only competition was phil who has 6

I would have no issue telling tiger my opinion and id do it in a respectful manner as I did here. I don't view it as a slight, its an amazing career...what is so wrong with that? Its an opinion....and if there was some measuring tool to remove subjections from a debate..well then we would have no debate........there is no doubt jack and some other old school gofers from that same era had 10x the competition that tiger did,,,,you can deny that all you want, but that is factual....tigers only competition was phil who has 6

Now that point we can actually debate.

I think you can only compare a player to what they did against their peers. It's difficult, if not impossible, to compare entire eras. Compared to their peers, Tiger and Jack are far and away the two best.

When comparing Jack's era to Tiger's, you and I are on different sides of the table. Yes, Jack played against a few guys who won more majors, but I would argue that the amount of people in each field who could actually win has dramatically increased, so it's my opinion that it's much harder to win a major now as it was in Jack's time.

I think you'll find much more debate on that point than saying Tiger isn't top 2 all time....

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

Young Tom had to beat Old Tom _and_ Willie Parks!

Now that point we can actually debate.

I think you can only compare a player to what they did against their peers. It's difficult, if not impossible, to compare entire eras. Compared to their peers, Tiger and Jack are far and away the two best.

When comparing Jack's era to Tiger's, you and I are on different sides of the table. Yes, Jack played against a few guys who won more majors, but I would argue that the amount of people in each field who could actually win has dramatically increased, so it's my opinion that it's much harder to win a major now as it was in Jack's time.

I think you'll find much more debate on that point than saying Tiger isn't top 2 all time....

Bro, how do you figure that the amount of guys that could actually win a Major has increased?

Most these guys can't even win a regular, full field event and then ya get someone like Ricky or DJ, and hell, even Weiskopf went through Jack, Lee, Gary and Raymond to win one.

Maybe the talent is deeper, I don't know however maybe it is, though most of these guys are nowhere to be seen on Sunday afternoon after 3:00pm-

I really don't think that, outside of the occasional guy who comes out of nowhere, that there is near the amount of guys who are "capable."

If they were they would-

Take care Bro :)

Always,

Richard

^^.... Must not get into this discussion, again..... But it's killing me.

I'm not going to trot out the stats again but c'mon Forged. The "if they were they would" line does not work. There are only 4 majors a year. Let's take it to the extreme and say on Jack's day there were only four players that were that good. They would each win one a year and be legendary. Let's say now there are 50 guys as good as the prior generations four. They cannot all win one a year because there are still only four majors.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

These guys today are soft. Back then the only way you could earn a decent living was by winning. These guys today can collect hundreds of thousands of dollars a year just from their sponsors without ever having a top 10 finish.

Thank You!!!!

I definitely think that this is in the mix as far as the mindset needed to win, much less to take a Major-

Christ, I can see Shilg's barreling over the horizon, LMAO

Wooooooooo

To be the man, ya gotta beat the man!!

Any man'll do :)

RP