Tyson Lamb Putters

So who are we talking about?

Scotty?

Morgan?

Bettinardi?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Mannkrafted? (Straight up stole a headcover design and sold for profit)

I am going to respectfully request that you explain WTF headcover you are speaking about, check your facts and issue an apology when you find out that you have spoken about something by mistake. I will check back later.

LaMont in AZ.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is hilarious the amount of people on this thread ranting over him copying a style or a saying or a color. There are so many people on here that putt with Byron Morgan's. Have any any of you looked at his build a stick page. Color, Fonts, Head Shape are all straight copies. But we don't have a thread like this bashing his work. Oh lets go back to when Scratch Owner Ari was milling a 009 Copy and there were all kinds of people lining up for a $500 copy of a $4000 putter. I know every one is entitled to their own but this is like an Elementary School playground. I collect both Scotty Cameron's and I have 1 Lamb Putter and all his accessories, I also have a second on order. I actually posted pics of mine towards the beginning of the thread. Tyson is great to work with and discusses each process through out the build.Someone made a comment above That your opinion means nothing joking around because honestly it really doesn't as does mine because its an opinion, and then Gio replies well your the perfect customer. Gio really?? I don't know why I read this thread so much because it just fuels the fire of my hatred for golf forums.

So lets see we bash a guy for:

Copying a head shape

Copying a part of a name

Copying a color

Scotty?

Morgan?

Bettinardi?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Sorry please tell me why we are bashing Lamb Putters again?

Making up a lie about LaMont Mann to prove a point? I feel bad for Lamb Crafted that you had to enter this discussion on their behalf.

LaMont Mann is one of the most upstanding and honest men that I've done business with. I second LaMont's suggestion that an apology is in order.

Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

I think it is hilarious the amount of people on this thread ranting over him copying a style or a saying or a color. There are so many people on here that putt with Byron Morgan's. Have any any of you looked at his build a stick page. Color, Fonts, Head Shape are all straight copies. But we don't have a thread like this bashing his work. Oh lets go back to when Scratch Owner Ari was milling a 009 Copy and there were all kinds of people lining up for a $500 copy of a $4000 putter. I know every one is entitled to their own but this is like an Elementary School playground. I collect both Scotty Cameron's and I have 1 Lamb Putter and all his accessories, I also have a second on order. I actually posted pics of mine towards the beginning of the thread. Tyson is great to work with and discusses each process through out the build.Someone made a comment above That your opinion means nothing joking around because honestly it really doesn't as does mine because its an opinion, and then Gio replies well your the perfect customer. Gio really?? I don't know why I read this thread so much because it just fuels the fire of my hatred for golf forums.

So lets see we bash a guy for:

Copying a head shape

Copying a part of a name

Copying a color

Scotty?

Morgan?

Bettinardi?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Sorry please tell me why we are bashing Lamb Putters again?

Making up a lie about LaMont Mann to prove a point? I feel bad for Lamb Crafted that you had to enter this discussion on their behalf.

LaMont Mann is one of the most upstanding and honest men that I've done business with. I second LaMont's suggestion that an apology is in order.

People like him aren't doing anything to break the Lamb fan base stereotype. It's sad really.

I thought putter aficianados were supposed to be respectful and kind. Seems the fans do nothing but follow a cult and bash others that aren't on the train yet.

I'm not here to bash. I'm just here to look at nice putters. Keep the BS out. Common guys.

So I hope some of you got to read my post yesterday because it seems as the MODS cleaned up the thread by deleting my post. So I guess I am not entitled enough to post my thoughts on this subject. I will ask the question again why are we bashing a Putter Company when everyone in this industry copies off of everyone.

So the three biggest complaints are

Copied Putter Head Style

Copied Part of a Slogan

Copied a Color

So I ask who are we talking about because all of these companies have done it at least once...

Bettinardi?

Scotty?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Morgan?

Mannkrafted?

Scratch?

All of the above have copied each other and nothing has been said about any of them. They have all turned a profit using someone else's ideas. It happens in every industry in the world but this is the one we chose to argue about. All of this over a comment that was taken out of context by the media.

So I hope some of you got to read my post yesterday because it seems as the MODS cleaned up the thread by deleting my post. So I guess I am not entitled enough to post my thoughts on this subject. I will ask the question again why are we bashing a Putter Company when everyone in this industry copies off of everyone.

Copied Putter Head Style

Copied Part of a Slogan

Copied a Color

So I ask who are we talking about because all of these companies have done it at least once...

Bettinardi?

Scotty?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Morgan?

Mannkrafted?

Scratch?

All of the above have copied each other and nothing has been said about any of them. They have all turned a profit using someone else's ideas. It happens in every industry in the world but this is the one we chose to argue about. All of this over a comment that was taken out of context by the media.

You forgot to repost the part where you accused LaMont Mann of blatantly stealing someone else's headcover design.

Copied Putter Head Style

Copied Part of a Slogan

Copied a Color

Bettinardi?

Scotty?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Morgan?

Mannkrafted?

Scratch?

You forgot to repost the part where you accused LaMont Mann if blatantly stealing someone else's headcover design.

I wasn't allowed to repost that, But yeah that's true as well!! I can read other threads and forums as well, I don't buy the explanation it should have never been released.

It's one thing to be confident and take pride in what you do, it's another to bash others who have laid the groundwork for custom/boutique putters. No one is saying that Tyson lacks skill, it's originality. Yes pretty much every design is based off of the same head shape and all putter makers are essentially putting out the same product with minor nuances here and there. That doesn't mean you have to imitate others stamping/style, Koolaidish faces, Circle T - Circle TX, 50 cal inlays, hand peening, cavity inserts etc. But hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Sim - Ad TP
M5 15 - Diamana B
Vapor Pro 
SM8 53, 58 
BM DH89SS 

I wasn't allowed to repost that, But yeah that's true as well!! I can read other threads and forums as well, I don't buy the explanation it should have never been released.

You have no idea regarding any of the facts about that cover, its timing or where the idea came from. You are implying that I saw another cover, and in just shy of two weeks, I had a design finalized, headcovers manufactured and sold them out. It is typical of some of the blind followers of your favorite maker to lash out, ignore the truth and facts and spew the garbage that you do.

I was not required to reach out to Enrique, but I knew that with two covers hitting at such a close space in time, there may be a issue. Take your blatant disregard for the facts and who you are attacking and spend more time on The Cameron Collector. Talking this sort of trash and BS here is not contributing to the site, but taking away from it.

LaMont in AZ

First, I find it quite ironic that trashing Lamb is ok, but trashing others is not tolerated and deleted.

Second, we are all talking about a putter. How many different things can be done to it? It's really difficult to find something no one has done before. Maybe if he designed a round putter out of rubber with no stamping or paint of any kind you all MIGHT call that original. But would you buy it? No of course not. Tyson is putting his spin on what sells period.

Let's also not forget he's an American proudly producing his products in this country. A 20 something person working 7 days a week is a rarity in this country. We should be patting him on the back.

I have bought several of his products. Spoken with him and Tana, and they are both great people.

There are several in this feed that have judged based on ONE article. I really think an apology is due to Mr. Lamb.

First, I find it quite ironic that trashing Lamb is ok, but trashing others is not tolerated and deleted.

Second, we are all talking about a putter. How many different things can be done to it? It's really difficult to find something no one has done before. Maybe if he designed a round putter out of rubber with no stamping or paint of any kind you all MIGHT call that original. But would you buy it? No of course not. Tyson is putting his spin on what sells period.

Let's also not forget he's an American proudly producing his products in this country. A 20 something person working 7 days a week is a rarity in this country. We should be patting him on the back.

I have bought several of his products. Spoken with him and Tana, and they are both great people.

There are several in this feed that have judged based on ONE article. I really think an apology is due to Mr. Lamb.

I'm fortunate enough to own a few scotty cameron tour putters and a Tyson lamb putter. Has every putter tyson posted on Instagram appealed to me- no. But I'm very happy with the one he made for me, and from personal experience, his quality is right up there with SC. I have a "Bridgeport" head, similar to the anser 2 and Newport 2. It's beautiful, rolls the ball well, and has a nice classic look to it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's one thing to be confident and take pride in what you do, it's another to bash others who have laid the groundwork for custom/boutique putters. No one is saying that Tyson lacks skill, it's originality. Yes pretty much every design is based off of the same head shape and all putter makers are essentially putting out the same product with minor nuances here and there. That doesn't mean you have to imitate others stamping/style, Koolaidish faces, Circle T - Circle TX, 50 cal inlays, hand peening, cavity inserts etc. But hey, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I looked over all the photos I could find and like it has been said already by Paranorml, all I saw was different versions of what is already out there, combining a finish offered by one maker with the stamping of another does not make you a "genius" or master. This kid, and I think I can call him that being twice his age, has already alienated Bettinardi and Cameron fans just because of his pompous attitude. Skilled? How much "skill" does it require to copy a design which has survived the test of time and send it to a CNC machine?

Simple questions to him or anyone who believes he is the "next" Cameron:

1) How many ORIGINAL designs does he have? And am not talking about "reshaping" a Karsten Soleim design or a T.P. Mills design?

2) How many 100% hand milled putters has he done?

T.J.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked over all the photos I could find and like it has been said already by Paranorml, all I saw was different versions of what is already out there, combining a finish offered by one maker with the stamping of another does not make you a "genius" or master. This kid, and I think I can call him that being twice his age, has already alienated Bettinardi and Cameron fans just because of his pompous attitude. Skilled? How much "skill" does it require to copy a design which has survived the test of time and send it to a CNC machine?

1) How many ORIGINAL designs does he have? And am not talking about "reshaping" a Karsten Soleim design or a T.P. Mills design?

T.J.

0 and 0 my friend

• 3 weeks later...

Found this thread after ordering a headcover from them. Found the IG page, sent an email and heard back from someone in about 15 minutes, I responded and asked another question and another quick response before my order was placed. In the last email after I made payment I asked how long the line was for a custom putter and have not heard back. I'd love to look into it more so we'll see what happens.

Cant help but wonder how Lamont Mann feels about his "Lamb Crafted" slogan.

Admire the putters, but feel the lack of originality.

This was the absolute first thing I noticed. I literally laughed out loud when I saw it. Then I realized that I still count LaMont as a good friend and I was extremely pissed at blatant rip-off off Mann Krafted

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

• 1 month later...

T.J.

He's not the next Cameron... he's the next "Tyson"

He even stamps "brash & arrogant" on some of his work. Much like Mike Tyson cashed the checks that his mouth wrote, Tyson Lamb's work cashes the checks that his image wrote.

I'm GLAD he's alienated certain Bettinardi and Cameron fans. This makes it much easier to tell who's an uptight jerk that thinks there's only one way something can be done. Is Scotty great at what he does? Yup. Is Bettinardi a timeless classic that still produces awesome putters? Yup. Are there other putter makers that have recently entered the game that make great putters? Yup.

It's "simple".... if you don't like him, then tune out and don't come back. He does NOT need to lower his prices. He's a 1 man shop and is making as many putters as he can. If for some reason he was starving for business at some point (likely not) then he'd probably turn his attention to another product or business to help make money. By the way, the guy machines custom awards, belt buckles, and lots of other cool items.... he just happened to be good at milling putters.

He doesn't have to answer to you or anyone else about what he has done or what he will do. To some he's an a******, to some he makes quality putters, to others he's the next big thing. Just know this, it's okay for all of those people to think what they want. This isn't a discussion about sabremetrics or reinventing the wheel so please don't take it there.

The guy has putter covers with literal F Bombs stitched into them... you think he really cares about alienating people?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fortunate enough to own a few scotty cameron tour putters and a Tyson lamb putter. Has every putter tyson posted on Instagram appealed to me- no. But I'm very happy with the one he made for me, and from personal experience, his quality is right up there with SC. I have a "Bridgeport" head, similar to the anser 2 and Newport 2. It's beautiful, rolls the ball well, and has a nice classic look to it.

i know im quite late to this thread and dont post a lot on here as i do on other forums, but ill give my two sense anyway....

being one of the bigger "Cameron Collectors" in the US i am going to say that Tyson makes a product that is at the very least on par with Scotty's work. as far as ingenuity goes, i think its apparent that more thought goes into Tyson's putters then Scotty's, and i know for a fact that Tyson is making 100% of his putters. We all swoon for Scotty tour stamps and such, but Tyson is bringing in more elements with torch work, neck styles, and inlays.

lets be honest with ourselves.....if Scotty way doing what Tyson is doing right now people would be praising him even more so then normal.

Tyson, artistically, is the next Scotty Cameron

-Santo

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...