2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Tyson Lamb Putters

Cant help but wonder how Lamont Mann feels about his "Lamb Crafted" slogan.

Admire the putters, but feel the lack of originality.

Or the "pate dots" or the "Lamb & Co."

Cameron & Co. Is a copy too of a famous Jewelry store. Heck he even took the paint color. I don't see a problem here at all. Byron does the same thing. Not a problem. All three make nice putters. Enjoy!

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cameron & Co. Is a copy too of a famous Jewelry store. Heck he even took the paint color. I don't see a problem here at all. Byron does the same thing. Not a problem. All three make nice putters. Enjoy!

Cameron & Co. is one a select few putters that fall under the brand Scotty Cameron. Not to mention that Tiffany & Co. makes something entirely different from putters. Whereas Lamb Crafted and MannKrafted BOTH make putters. I think Tyson could have put a bit more thought into his name. It lacks originality at the very least.

LOL @ taking the color.

it's a COLOR people. next up - scotty cameron stole the same font of alphabetical stamps as harbor freight. MADNESS.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

LOL @ taking the color.

it's a COLOR people. next up - scotty cameron stole the same font of alphabetical stamps as harbor freight. MADNESS.

He copied Tiffany to give him putters a high look and appeal. Which is fine. I am not knocking Cameron. He didn't pick the color out of the "blue" did he? Lamb has copied other people as well. They all do. Not a big deal. Who cares? Not going to make the ball go into the hole is it?

LOL @ taking the color.

He copied Tiffany to give him putters a high look and appeal. Which is fine. I am not knocking Cameron. He didn't pick the color out of the "blue" did he? Lamb has copied other people as well. They all do. Not a big deal. Who cares? Not going to make the ball go into the hole is it?

Its a color man. Next ur gonna say the red in the dots should be trademarked...

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

had a chance to talk to Tana yesterday evening. Took the time to discuss everything and anything about the putters and the process. I personally think he is making some stunning putters. Really interested in a few of his designs.

Ping G430 MAX 10K 2024 Ventus Blue
Callaway Ai Smoke Max 2024 Ventus Blue

Ping G430 19deg hyb Blue Ventus HB

Ping G430 22 deg hyl Blue Ventus HB
Mizuno Pro 245 5-pw Axiom 105s
Mizuno S23 50-54-58 
LAB DF2.1 Broomstick

wrong. Cameron's was a smart play on the jewelry store, which is in an industry completely unrelated.......the krafted, sorry, crafted and this "& co" stuff is a direct ripoff of a competitor in the same industry selling the same goods. It is actually interesting that something being touted as high end is using a typical low end style approach in using ques from more recognizable brands, knock off stuff.

More than this guy is way guilty. Scotty gets a rap for ripping off styles of putter, all ripoff the answer and 8802, I get there are only so many head designs that really will work and look right, but no need to just mail in imagination and creativity completely....cherry dots and bouncing stamps, divot tools, twisty necks, whatever else......may as well just flat out change the K to a C and call it original, clearly the industry is pretty lax on borrowing anyway. I am not saying it is easy to build ground up putters that can perform as well, but it is easy enough to not be so lazy as to flat out copy the themed marketing of another putter maker. Not saying dots should be trademarked, just saying that maybe some effort to come up with the next "Dot" would seem like it should be an objective of these guys.

Interesting read, Id like to hear someone who has talked to or dealt with him to give us an idea and proper understanding about what type of person he is, we cant judge a persons personality of an article off the internet. He could just be a guy who prides himself in his work. Or he could maybe not know the difference between extreme confidence and cockiness. But you gotta admit, he does make beautiful putters.

LOL @ taking the color.

Well, The Robin egg blue is trademarked to Tiffany. And the Tiffany & Co, Again, not a big deal.

wrong. Cameron's was a smart play on the jewelry store, which is in an industry completely unrelated.......the krafted, sorry, crafted and this "& co" stuff is a direct ripoff of a competitor in the same industry selling the same goods. It is actually interesting that something being touted as high end is using a typical low end style approach in using ques from more recognizable brands, knock off stuff.

More than this guy is way guilty. Scotty gets a rap for ripping off styles of putter, all ripoff the answer and 8802, I get there are only so many head designs that really will work and look right, but no need to just mail in imagination and creativity completely....cherry dots and bouncing stamps, divot tools, twisty necks, whatever else......may as well just flat out change the K to a C and call it original, clearly the industry is pretty lax on borrowing anyway. I am not saying it is easy to build ground up putters that can perform as well, but it is easy enough to not be so lazy as to flat out copy the themed marketing of another putter maker. Not saying dots should be trademarked, just saying that maybe some effort to come up with the next "Dot" would seem like it should be an objective of these guys.

So copying is ok as long as the industry is different? Well, that is a lame argument. I agree he should do his own thing and come up with something different and unique, but the dude just started.

LOL @ taking the color.

Well, The Robin egg blue is trademarked to Tiffany. And the Tiffany & Co, Again, not a big deal.

While i get that...anyone who knows paint knows u can change the formula fractionally and it will look 99% the same. Just a color - and their trademark of "& co"...is only in the context of tiffany...& co. You cant trademark "& Co" from ever being used.

The putter companies "borrow" designs, ideas, etc off each other, simply due to the fact most of golfers grew up on a newport or anser or dh89 or whatever else looks like these...and prefer it. Tyson is just charging a premium for craftsmanship specific to him and his style. No different than choosing tp mills, lajosi, byron, black lab, kingston, etc. Other than a ludicrous price point and a brash attitude, worse customer service and even worse communication

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

I have multiple pieces from Tyson & have been happy with everything from ordering & communication during the process as well as the end product's. With that said...

you're the perfect Tyson customer, thanks for coming!

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

So copying is ok as long as the industry is different? Well, that is a lame argument. I agree he should do his own thing and come up with something different and unique, but the dude just started.

He didn't copy, it was a blatant play on the famed jewelry store. His intention was just that. I am not a cameron putter fan for most part, but dude markets better than anyone so far and that is why they are so prevalent. Gotta Give him business credit where it is due.

I don't have anything against this dude other than I guess I struggle with if someone creating such art, how is there such a blatant lack of individuality?

Every time this thread gets bumped I expect to see a putter but leave dissapointed.

Haha that's the funniest thing about all of this. The dude is pumping out some incredibly gorgeous putters. And all we've seen is one or two putters and some divot tools.

I follow his IG page though and it is eye candy. He used to post here because I remember him starting one of the "i milled my own putter" threads about a black diamond putter and it was clearly a professional CNC milled product and this must have been a year or so ago.

Cameron & Co. is one a select few putters that fall under the brand Scotty Cameron. Not to mention that Tiffany & Co. makes something entirely different from putters. Whereas Lamb Crafted and MannKrafted BOTH make putters. I think Tyson could have put a bit more thought into his name. It lacks originality at the very least.

BaBa Black Sheep Pappy Boyington model....

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

Customer service complaints aside. I have had a look at his instagram page, and if the suggestion is that he is unoriginal because he uses "& co" or the worth crafted, that is nothing more than some serious tunnel vision.

The golf industry is full of nods, hat tips and tongue in cheek references. For an industry built upon essentially ripping off a Ping design,this is a pretty hilarious line to draw in the sand.

Guy seems like a d-bag, but his work appears to be grade A.

EDIT: this thread would be a lot more fun to return to if it had some putter pics.

There we go.....Nice looking stuff. Once he learns that when you are high end you don't acknowledge anything else (be it copying ideas or feeling the need to ruin a putter with the China remark) but focus only on what you do and want to do (like that pretty penny with the cent stamps, original and also very appealing) then this guys work is going to really take off. Everyone starts with a chip to prove themselves, and a lot of that is you need to prove it to yourself deep down. He is young, a little unorganized apparently, and maybe needs to sharpen up the marketing, but clearly the foundation is there for a nice little business with some maturity.

Great share above, that is what this thread needed!

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned every version and still own few SC, Circle T putters. I placed my first custom order with Tyson and I couldn't be happier! The attention to detail, communication during build was far superior to the many custom orders I have placed with the above mentioned . I have had my Timascus Lamb Crafted in the bag since I received it .My GSS Rory 009 as well as my Timeless Carbon custom are proudly displayed in my office.. That should tell you skeptics something to think about. I am a consumer and collector of fine putters, all have been SC until I added one of Tysons. It will not be my last! The extreme toe stamp says it all. It's one Bad A** Mother F*****!

I think it is hilarious the amount of people on this thread ranting over him copying a style or a saying or a color. There are so many people on here that putt with Byron Morgan's. Have any any of you looked at his build a stick page. Color, Fonts, Head Shape are all straight copies. But we don't have a thread like this bashing his work. Oh lets go back to when Scratch Owner Ari was milling a 009 Copy and there were all kinds of people lining up for a $500 copy of a $4000 putter. I know every one is entitled to their own but this is like an Elementary School playground. I collect both Scotty Cameron's and I have 1 Lamb Putter and all his accessories, I also have a second on order. I actually posted pics of mine towards the beginning of the thread. Tyson is great to work with and discusses each process through out the build.Someone made a comment above That your opinion means nothing joking around because honestly it really doesn't as does mine because its an opinion, and then Gio replies well your the perfect customer. Gio really?? I don't know why I read this thread so much because it just fuels the fire of my hatred for golf forums.

So lets see we bash a guy for:

Copying a head shape

Copying a part of a name

Copying a color

So who are we talking about?

Scotty?

Morgan?

Bettinardi?

Lamb?

Toulon?

Mannkrafted? (Straight up stole a headcover design and sold for profit)

Sorry please tell me why we are bashing Lamb Putters again?

Gosh, for got all about the negative stuff until you brought it up again.

Titleist TSR2 GD UB 6S
TEE CB5 4 wood Fubuki Tour
Srixon ZX7 5-pw Nippon Modus 120
Miura custom raw 50 54, 56 Nippon WV 125

David Mills SG Dale Pencil flowneck
David Mills Custom torched Heritage SS flow neck
David Mills Custom Carbon flow neck Hertitage V2 with Nitride finish
David Mills Carbon Ming V3 pencil flow neck
Byron Rincon DH89