Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

When the boys grow a little more and life settles down we'll jump back into the pet pool.

When does "life settle down"? LOL! If we wait until it's a good time to do something, it never gets done. Obviously, you need enough time so the dog isn't neglected, but I've found that the extra time it takes can be a blessing in disguise - walking the dog becomes quality time when done with the kids/wife. Having to give the dog a bath because it rolled in sh!t when you need to catch a plane, mmm, not so much, but it builds character!

Wow, gardening, when we lived out in the country, about 13 years ago, we had several gardens (including an herb garden as well glk)... that's one of the things I miss most about being out there like that, we had 15 acres, it was very cool... here's a gardening pic my wife took, I was having more fun than it looks like, ha

Nice pic SSP,

It would be even better if we (all of us) unchecked the GolfWRX water mark Box, before posting. That thing takes the mood :blush: out of the picture/subject/theme, etc, etc, etc, etc. :cheesy:

How do you do that? I didn't see an option....

Before you click Attach, there's a box right below that to unselect the watermark.

I still feel I can improve as every now and then it all comes together and I play a series of holes really well, I suppose at my age I should be happy to be able to play. Being fit health and active always helps.

Just an opine and probably as such not universally shared... and this is not a lecture aimed at your post as much as me sort of preaching to myself I suppose.

Age "can" bring with it an escalation of the old "I'm not going to work on that golf stuff like these youngsters do cause those days are over."... syndrome. And we can't do what they do so it's a natural way of seeing it. But young and old alike can focus on some fundamentals or opt to skip right past them. Seems kind of strange doesn't it? The youth wants the quick fixes and would rather hurry as fast as possible to results without wanting to focus on fundamentals - know how - putting in the reps - Cause there will always be time for that crap...later..

And the older golfer doesn't want to do so either in the belief his opportunity to invest in game improvement has long since past him by. Seems to me (I could be wrong) its never too early or too late to set goals and put in some quality time on the basic fundamentals,

LMAO - there must be some certain age right in between where a golfer has one foot in both camps (young and old) and can still save himself - from himself!

Anywho - LOVE hearing you have this goal - and goals get us wherever we're heading. We tend to "get what we're shopping for". With golf - even if we don't quite get what we shop for - the journey continues in search of it.

For some odd reason the wife and I have a SAMs club membership but never got ourselves into Costco - no good explanation for it as they are within two blocks of each other where we live.

When the boys grow a little more and life settles down we'll jump back into the pet pool.

When does "life settle down"? LOL! If we wait until it's a good time to do something, it never gets done. Obviously, you need enough time so the dog isn't neglected, but I've found that the extra time it takes can be a blessing in disguise - walking the dog becomes quality time when done with the kids/wife. Having to give the dog a bath because it rolled in sh!t when you need to catch a plane, mmm, not so much, but it builds character!

Just take it with you as a carry on and ask the flight attendant to put it in the overhead... now that would be funny...might smell a little but that's ok :)

Can't be any worse than those people who show up late and then have to put have their life possessions up there while everyone waits, makes you want to walk up and say "yeah, can't you see that's not gonna fit? Looks like you're tryin' to store away a yak"...

Wow, gardening, when we lived out in the country, about 13 years ago, we had several gardens (including an herb garden as well glk)... that's one of the things I miss most about being out there like that, we had 15 acres, it was very cool... here's a gardening pic my wife took, I was having more fun than it looks like, ha

Nice pic SSP,

It would be even better if we (all of us) unchecked the GolfWRX water mark Box, before posting. That thing takes the mood :blush: out of the picture/subject/theme, etc, etc, etc, etc. :cheesy:

How do you do that? I didn't see an option....

If you click on ***More Reply Options*** (Bottom Right)

You'll see, to the left, ****A trombone**** to the left, under the dialogue box.

Directly under it, bottom left, it asks: Watermark image?..............The box is checked by default.........Uncheck it by clicking on it.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Hamster, nice little inspiration from William McGirt! Hey.....MCGIRT!!

(great name)

Plays the minis for years, keeps plugging along. Finally gets his card,

then loses it, keeps working, comes back, starts getting higher finishes

and holds onto his card. Comes close to winning a few times but just

can't make it over the hump........then 1 week before his 37th burthday

gets his first win, beating a star studded field. Perseverance!!!

And now he is a PGA Tour winner!!

My golf game has been a source of frustration so far this spring. I cannot seem to play a round without a few wrecks. This leaves me with scores in the low to high 80’s when I used to more regularly post a few more in the 70’s. I am struggling with short irons of all things. I have lost confidence from tight fairway lies especially from 40-70 yards. Lots of fats and thins and not knowing where the bottom of my swing is. I have tried the usual weight on the L foot with very centered swing and still struggled.

I stumbled on to something last week and it carried over to yesterdays “Monday Blues” game that we play. I remembered a feel from the past involving extensor action of the R arm. Ignore this if this does not help you but yesterday I used that feel and birdied the first two holes. I had about 65 yards up hill left on a short par four and perfectly struck my 58 deg. Mac Daddy which landed one foot past the hole and spun back glancing off off the stick and back off the front of the green. A nice 20 foot uphill putt went in for the second bird. Even with a double I scored 36 on the front nine. Two triples and a missed 6 footer for bird on 18 for a 43 on the back. I drove the ball well with only two bad ones but both found water and so the triple bogies. It was also a rare round with no three putts.

Extensor action: I know you want a bent right elbow at impact but this feel of straightening the R arm was the medicine I needed. I suspect if I had video of my swing my R arm would not straighten until after impact but that intent did something good to my swing for now. I know better than to call it Eureka :)

Long story short. I had two greenies. 6 skins and one of my birdie holes was drawn for a dollar hole. There were a number of three putts each costing the guys a quarter. I made almost twenty bucks which is big in our little quarters game. In the grille after I bought the drinks. Lunch was a fried egg on burger bun with cheddar, grilled onions and lettuce. Tots with fry sauce. It was almost 100 degrees when we finished. Summer has made it to the Pacific Northwest.

Speed reading to catch up with you guys again!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Nice going Scoster. You know,sometimes we find "something" and we ride

it for as long as it will last and then we move on to try something else when

we go back into a funk. Maybe that's just the way this game is. It seems

nothing is permanent, lol.

Tom Watson said he found "something" once years and years ago.....and he's

still riding it today! I would like to find "something" like that!

So fencing didn't go too well the other day, my buddy's brother has a pretty big contracting company so we tried to steal a minihoe from them but they only had the 50 at the shop but didn't have the 50 auger adapter tried to take skidi but the tires ripped up the sod. Just a mess, getting the mini hoe out there today, shoulda just rented a two man auger, did my cousins that way last year but the soil was so rocky, just a disaster as well.

We got a big corporate event out at the course tomorrow gotta do tourny set up at 5 in the morning and then sit on a par 3 and hit 9 irons for 6 hours. Don't actually mind setup, kinda relaxing in the morning.

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I need an intervention here from my friends:

Backstory is quite simple. One and only one stick in the bag has gone unchanged and unaltered for well over two decades. The putter. Everything about it - me likeee. Don't claim to be such a gifted man swinging her that I'll take on all comers - but she's been good to me over the years and when she's not I chalk it up to operator error.

She's all original - right down to the grip - so my hands go on her the same way every time up. She went through my cross-handed years and back Yadda yadda.... that's my putter and she does not change - period - the end.

Oversized grips. They're calling me. Temptresses they are. Standing on every corner asking me if I'd like to have a good time. I believe they were taught by wedges in some secret meeting as to the ways of tempting a man just to get in his wallet.

Please help. If I touch that one unaltered and original baby that's been the only survivor for over two decades... I feel sure a hole will be torn in the universe. Talk me off of this ledge - please. And call the fire department - we have a jumper here.

But but but but....

http://www.ebay.com/...sd=322131875357

Plus....a new grip and bingo.

And old Calamity Jane remains unharmed while I two-time her.

Temptresses!... all of them. calling me... sweet talking me... promising if I try it I'll like it... all have a hand on my "but but but" just so they can get to my wallet.

Don't do it Reason. Yea man - you've got to. Don't mess with that putter Dude. Oh c'mon grow a pair and let's go.

Backstory is quite simple. One and only one stick in the bag has gone unchanged and unaltered for well over two decades. The putter. Everything about it - me likeee. Don't claim to be such a gifted man swinging her that I'll take on all comers - but she's been good to me over the years and when she's not I chalk it up to operator error.

She's all original - right down to the grip - so my hands go on her the same way every time up. She went through my cross-handed years and back Yadda yadda.... that's my putter and she does not change - period - the end.

Oversized grips. They're calling me. Temptresses they are. Standing on every corner asking me if I'd like to have a good time. I believe they were taught by wedges in some secret meeting as to the ways of tempting a man just to get in his wallet.

Please help. If I touch that one unaltered and original baby that's been the only survivor for over two decades... I feel sure a hole will be torn in the universe. Talk me off of this ledge - please. And call the fire department - we have a jumper here.

You haven't changed the grip in over 20 years?! That's a sin right there. If you find a grip that's perfect, buy 4-5, so you can replace 'em with the same thing. But, that wasn't your dilemma... I love the over-sized grips (1.3"+ for me) and can't imagine going back - these days, a "standard" sized grip feels weird. If it doesn't work, go back to a NEW version of the original. Go ahead and jump ... you're on the first floor.

BTW, both of those links were the same.

My golf game has been a source of frustration so far this spring. I cannot seem to play a round without a few wrecks. This leaves me with scores in the low to high 80’s when I used to more regularly post a few more in the 70’s. I am struggling with short irons of all things. I have lost confidence from tight fairway lies especially from 40-70 yards. Lots of fats and thins and not knowing where the bottom of my swing is. I have tried the usual weight on the L foot with very centered swing and still struggled.

I stumbled on to something last week and it carried over to yesterdays “Monday Blues” game that we play. I remembered a feel from the past involving extensor action of the R arm. Ignore this if this does not help you but yesterday I used that feel and birdied the first two holes. I had about 65 yards up hill left on a short par four and perfectly struck my 58 deg. Mac Daddy which landed one foot past the hole and spun back glancing off off the stick and back off the front of the green. A nice 20 foot uphill putt went in for the second bird. Even with a double I scored 36 on the front nine. Two triples and a missed 6 footer for bird on 18 for a 43 on the back. I drove the ball well with only two bad ones but both found water and so the triple bogies. It was also a rare round with no three putts.

Extensor action: I know you want a bent right elbow at impact but this feel of straightening the R arm was the medicine I needed. I suspect if I had video of my swing my R arm would not straighten until after impact but that intent did something good to my swing for now. I know better than to call it Eureka :)

Long story short. I had two greenies. 6 skins and one of my birdie holes was drawn for a dollar hole. There were a number of three putts each costing the guys a quarter. I made almost twenty bucks which is big in our little quarters game. In the grille after I bought the drinks. Lunch was a fried egg on burger bun with cheddar, grilled onions and lettuce. Tots with fry sauce. It was almost 100 degrees when we finished. Summer has made it to the Pacific Northwest.

Speed reading to catch up with you guys again!

I'm TOOLed again! I seem to have joined the night shift, against better judgement, as 12:00 AM should be my limit on here. But, we all know that won't happen....So there.

Allow me to address the bolded part of your post, should I dare to compare with my own struggles, and how I removed some of the stress that inevitably comes with the issue.

If I put myself in your shoes, I definitely know where my club bottoms out. When I thin/fat a shot, I immediately take a step back and I see it then, as plain as the nose in my face, my ball was not level to my feet.

Because it made so much sense, I only needed to be told ONCE that if I wanted to open the blade of my wedge, I had to turn the grip/club in my hands, and never turn/twist my wrists to accommodate the face.

Something else I practice at the range...Short game exotic shots.

Ball placement, in my stance, is one thing. Weight placement is another. I know I can mix the two, I'm keeping it as simple as I can with my limited extent of the English language.

If my ball is centered, and I shift my weight R/L, the club will never bottom out in the center of that ball. I will always change the flight/launch angle. ex: At extremes, a flop shot vs a low stinger, (Considering, all things being equal, I'm hitting a full swing) using the same club.

IMHO, there's no sense in trying to fix a flaw, unless I've isolated the problem. Most often, it's something simple, that I insisted on complicating with a minor oversight. :dntknw:

When was the last time you lipped out, on a med/short putt, and didn't see the break, as big as a bus, immediately after you missed? :cheesy:

I do this, ALL THE TIME! :nyam:

Nice going Scoster. You know,sometimes we find "something" and we ride

it for as long as it will last and then we move on to try something else when

we go back into a funk. Maybe that's just the way this game is. It seems

nothing is permanent, lol.

Tom Watson said he found "something" once years and years ago.....and he's

still riding it today! I would like to find "something" like that!

TOOL,

My elevator has difficulty reaching the top floor. I wish I could find "something" to give it a boost! :to_become_senile:

Scotee's trail arm is helping turn the mass! Love it.

Rad - did I hear him say - MacDaddy?

I heard it too....I'm unanimous in that! :rofl:

7 year itch coming late?

The 20+ years original grip has overstayed it's allotted life span. Slowly step away from the ledge and pop an equivalent grip on her.

If you need to ask about oversize, you're not quite ready.......Yet! :cheesy:

But but but but....

Plus....a new grip and bingo.

Or....

And old Calamity Jane remains unharmed while I two-time her.

Temptresses!... all of them. calling me... sweet talking me... promising if I try it I'll like it... all have a hand on my "but but but" just so they can get to my wallet.

Don't do it Reason. Yea man - you've got to. Don't mess with that putter Dude. Oh c'mon grow a pair and let's go.

At those prices, you can afford to learn from your mistake.

There, that's all you'll get from me. LMAO

You haven't changed the grip in over 20 years?! That's a sin right there. If you find a grip that's perfect, buy 4-5, so you can replace 'em with the same thing. But, that wasn't your dilemma... I love the over-sized grips (1.3"+ for me) and can't imagine going back - these days, a "standard" sized grip feels weird. If it doesn't work, go back to a NEW version of the original. Go ahead and jump ... you're on the first floor.

Couldn't have said it myself....I think!

Both links ARE the same. The difference is in what follows each...........(OR)

One little trick I've picked up on being a putter 'ho is that you can get a new shaft pretty inexpensively - depending on your exact putter of course.

So, when I experiment with these 25 dollar and up grips, often I'll just invest the 12 or 15 bucks in a new shaft, then if I don't like it on that exact putter I don't have to cut it off. Most of my putters that I actually use are plumber's neck so they use the same shafts. Also, you can just epoxy it back in to the old head if you sell the putter but want to keep the shaft and grip.

Anyways, might be worth it for you so that you can always go back to your old faithful.

Thanks - fixed the dual links problem.

Yup - original grip. Had to have hardened up more than a little by now, It looks brand new and even though I never keep the sticks cooking in the car trunk and keep them clean and such that one grip has to have aged-out... but yea... crazy isn't it? Once I fell in love with that stick I didn't ever want to change it one smidge!

MDG is too funny - If I have to ask I'm not ready....yet. LMAO! "Yet" may never come from the sound of things.

Matt - That sounds like a plan. You know I once heard Kenny Perry say he tried re-shafting a putter after it ended up broken (heaven know how it just "got broken" - lol) He said it never felt the same to him once re-shafted. Geez. The man must feel it when a gnat lands on the bill of his cap!

I SERIOUSLY doubt I would even know by feel if it was unglued and glued back in. So that idea has legs.

I still feel I can improve as every now and then it all comes together and I play a series of holes really well, I suppose at my age I should be happy to be able to play. Being fit health and active always helps.

Just an opine and probably as such not universally shared... and this is not a lecture aimed at your post as much as me sort of preaching to myself I suppose.

Age "can" bring with it an escalation of the old "I'm not going to work on that golf stuff like these youngsters do cause those days are over."... syndrome. And we can't do what they do so it's a natural way of seeing it. But young and old alike can focus on some fundamentals or opt to skip right past them. Seems kind of strange doesn't it? The youth wants the quick fixes and would rather hurry as fast as possible to results without wanting to focus on fundamentals - know how - putting in the reps - Cause there will always be time for that crap...later..

And the older golfer doesn't want to do so either in the belief his opportunity to invest in game improvement has long since past him by. Seems to me (I could be wrong) its never too early or too late to set goals and put in some quality time on the basic fundamentals,

LMAO - there must be some certain age right in between where a golfer has one foot in both camps (young and old) and can still save himself - from himself!

Anywho - LOVE hearing you have this goal - and goals get us wherever we're heading. We tend to "get what we're shopping for". With golf - even if we don't quite get what we shop for - the journey continues in search of it.

For some odd reason the wife and I have a SAMs club membership but never got ourselves into Costco - no good explanation for it as they are within two blocks of each other where we live.

Agree 100% with the age related give up culture. That is not my way, both my wife and myself are fighters. We are always surprised when people 10-20 younger than us walk and act as if their life was over. Live life to the full that's the only way.

On the subject of Costco, they only have a limited amount of stores in Australia so far, however the impact has been massive. Our local store has reduced fuel prices, given the supermarkets a well deserved kick up the a** and saved shoppers hundreds of dollars.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

I'm totally the wrong guy to asK, given my compulsion to change putters every week, but I see no harm in trying a new grip. I really like Matt's idea, and have gone that route with a few leather grips, but install and remove with air generally.

I'm looking to lay my hands on the new Tour SNSR grip.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I confess that I like reading PXG threads even though I have no interest in any of their products. Everyone of those threads are filled with drama. It's like reading the old Bombtech Grenade threads. Entertainment value.

Another confession, I'd love to hit a Grenade.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I can appreciate this point of view, but life is too chaotic at the moment to care for another life.

We're having a difficult enough time growing carrots : )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Reason, do not put an oversized grip on your putter. You obviously have a very close rapport established if its been your main line (only?) player for 20 years. You place at risk all the stored up karma that you and your putter have established. Replace the existing grip, if needed, with one identical or as near as possible to whats already there. What grip does it have?

I change up putters all the time, whenever I think that one has temporarily lost is mojo and needs a timeout. So go to the inventory. Have a BeCu Zing 2 that I keep trying to putt well with. Because I like the look. LOL. Fact is that its not at all suitable for by stroke. I do not have any conflictions with grips or putters, none stay in the bag long enough to reach a level of personal attachment.

If you want to experiment with grips, find another putter to do it with. When you say "oversized grips", are you thinking SS? Have a Slim 2.0 on a putter. Can't say I cared for it all that much, removed all the "feel" of ball strike off putter face for me. Helped some on shorter putts, lag putting with it was a disaster. Never could learn to get the speed right with a SS. Once installed, major PITA to remove. As always, YMMV.

Don't get very 'geeky' with putter grips these days. The tried and true Lamkin Crossline or a Pingman PP58 seems to work just fine, like the shape. Do have a mid-size Lamkin on a Odyssey mallet that I'm liking for the moment. Putting difficulties are operator error, not the fault of a grip.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

I'm totally the wrong guy to asK, given my compulsion to change putters every week, but I see no harm in trying a new grip. I really like Matt's idea, and have gone that route with a few leather grips, but install and remove with air generally.

That SNSR grip looks mighty interesting.

I thought this grip was genius, with a built in forward press:

Directed Force

I posted yesterday about my tree filled experience . . .

I've slept on the round and here's what I've taken away from the experience.

1) I've really grown to appreciate a good bogey.

2) I hit some incredibly good shots that ended up in some incredibly poor spots and I hit some incredibly poor shots that turned out just fined.

3) I'm finding that I'm less concerned about score and this is resulting in better overall results.

4) My wife and children don't care whether I card a 100, 90, 80, 70. They just want me to be in a good mood when I come home.

5) I still have to get up and go to my day job the next morning, regardless of the scores I'm shooting.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

That SNSR grip looks mighty interesting.

I thought this grip was genius, with a built in forward press:

Directed Force

Interesting concept. Just another $30+ grip for me to look at.

It's like I fell asleep and woke up to doubled prices. Friggin inflation.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Watching the Martian for the second time this week. I really enjoy this film.

Time to pour a stiff drink. Blanton's or Crown Royal? . . . decisions, decisions

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)