2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Thx for your comments Chief. All this swing plane business got started last year in an attempt to get the Driver under control. Inside out. Flatter plane. Better hip and shoulder turn. Worked wonders with eliminating the slice from off the tee and with fairways. Thought it would translate down thru the other clubs.

But the real trouble spot currently is 6 - 8 irons. Don't carry anything lower than a 6i, instead preferring to hit some combination of hybrids or lofted woods depending on the course and the mood of the day. Thus the practice trying to determine just what I should be doing with the mid-irons. And seemingly getting more confounded as I go along. Distance, do to ineffective contact, sucks at the moment. Have zero confidence with 140'ish shots (7i).

And as mentioned, not wanting to mess with what I have going with the scoring irons. Have found some degree of consistency there, one of the strengths in my game (for the moment). Scoring irons distance control and accuracy. Very important for me as I do not have many GIR's and get plenty of opportunity to hit 75 yard and in wedge shots.

Just wanting to find some consistency that will hold up in real time out on the course.

do not think about all that swing plane crap just hit the frigging ball that's all

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

I've put the 27* hybrid back in the bag which covers the 150 plus distance. Equates appx. loft-wise to a '99 Apex 5i. Funny thing about this. While I prefer the Apexs for shots 125 and less, actually hit the 6i & 7i of the i20's better. Or at least without as much difficulty maintaining respectable distance.

Hoping to get back to the range later, after all the T'storms around this morning pass. Was thinking of taking the Pings along for giggles. See what I can do with them today. Have not hit them in over a month. Perhaps a blended set. But I dislike to much "mix and match", different heads and shafts and all.

But probably time for some experimentation. Especially as I work thru this mid-iron swing issue.

The i20s are actually great irons and I have not ruled out playing with mine

again in the future. My only beef with them is the lower spin and their dislike

of thin misses. I haven't really used them since switching to a softer ball that

I can compress better. That could help get my spin rate back up as well as

making the thin misses less painful.

One thing is I hit them further than any other iron I own loft for loft but I think

that is due to the lower spin. With a softer ball I may not hit them as far but I

don't really care about that so much. The goal is consistency.

In the meantime I ho'd and bought another set of irons lol, but not blades but

a set of old Cobra S9s. They were in great shape and have 90 gram Nippon

shafts in them I want to try. 4-G for $162. Still lovin' Ebay, lol.

Rad you are starting to turn into as big of a club ho as I am----- Could it be something about trucking and club hoeing?

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Thx for your comments Chief. All this swing plane business got started last year in an attempt to get the Driver under control. Inside out. Flatter plane. Better hip and shoulder turn. Worked wonders with eliminating the slice from off the tee and with fairways. Thought it would translate down thru the other clubs.

But the real trouble spot currently is 6 - 8 irons. Don't carry anything lower than a 6i, instead preferring to hit some combination of hybrids or lofted woods depending on the course and the mood of the day. Thus the practice trying to determine just what I should be doing with the mid-irons. And seemingly getting more confounded as I go along. Distance, do to ineffective contact, sucks at the moment. Have zero confidence with 140'ish shots (7i).

And as mentioned, not wanting to mess with what I have going with the scoring irons. Have found some degree of consistency there, one of the strengths in my game (for the moment). Scoring irons distance control and accuracy. Very important for me as I do not have many GIR's and get plenty of opportunity to hit 75 yard and in wedge shots.

Just wanting to find some consistency that will hold up in real time out on the course.

do not think about all that swing plane crap just hit the frigging ball that's all

BIG STU that is some good redneck golf instruction right there, my man. When we finally open the OGA School of Golf this is the final master class before anyone can graduate...

'Hit the friggin' ball 101', taught by Professor Emeritus BIG STU.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Mdgboxx-- I am going to give away one of my secrets. Now I know you are older than I am (I say that in all due respect) and still I am like you I can not pound a lot of balls especially before a round. What I do is loosen up with about 15 balls or so with my wedges after throughly stretching etc. It gets my timing set for the day. The wedges are the easiest thing to time it up and get loose with because they are the shortest clubs in the bag (unless you have one of those funky constant length sets and I will not even go there). Most folks I observe on the range doing warm ups (young and old) they grab the driver and start booming it right out of the box hitting out of their shoes. But after I warm up I will go to the putting green and or the chipping area to get the feel of what I will be dealing with that day even at my home course. I usually arrive at the course 1 hr before my playing time that way I am not rushed at all getting my equipment ready. I never use the bag drop. You absolutely can not be hurried and stuff before a round and play decent golf. I have had bag drop guys (bless them for good service thoughts) actually ride to the parking lot and want to grab my stuff. I tell them no thanks I will handle things in due time my way. When I tell them I am not teeing off for at least an hour or so I get some funny looks. The only time I pound a lot of balls is when I am experimenting and dialing in a club or set of clubs then I get lost in what I am doing and sometimes hit too many balls---- In that case Advill can be my friend

Sounds familiar. I'd start with 5 balls from my 8i, then play around with 9-PW, saving the last three balls for driver (or usually the club off 1st tee)

I may hit 2-3 balls on the putting green, rarely more. I easily get irritated with the putter, for some reason, on the practice green, before a round.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Conrgrats on the S9's Conrad. That's the great thing about used club acquisitions. Something catches your eye, you buy. If it does't quite work out, can usually be liquidated to recoup the investment. Or if well bought, a small ROI. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Recently thrifted a partial set of Ping Eye 2's 2 - PW (minus a 4i and 5I) a couple of weeks back for $20. Couldn't just leave them for another monger to pickup. Never have owned nor played Eye 2's, while seemingly the entire golfing world has played a set of them and one time or another. They're the "Others Pend." U groove variety (11/85 build date) that caused the Ping v. USGA groove dust up. The ones that shred and spin balls back like crazy. Now have the cleaned, buffed, extended and regriped and ready to audition at some point. Even found a SW thereafter (a + no + of all things) for $10 off of CL shortly thereafter. Maybe the anser to my mid-ron woes? Doubtful, but maybe should take the 7i out for a spin. Although giving the irons the "waggle" test has the shafts feeling as stiff as rebar.

Have CFS (regular) in the i20's. The more I ruminate on the mid-iron problem, the more convinced I am that its a yet to be diagnosed swing flaw. Doing something differently than with the D, fairways, hybrids, short irons, with which I'm reasonably satisfied. Not making good ball strikes thus sacrificing distance. The range session may have to wait until tomorrow as the storms are continuing to roll thru the neighborhood today. Going to have a study session tonight with some on hand resources in the hope of gleaning some info that may prove useful.

No way should I be hitting them this short. I'm 6'3", still weigh in at my football playing weight from back in the day, no ailments or infirmaries of any kind. Can hit a large bucket and go right back the next day and hit another without soreness or stiffness. So nothing physical. But it galls me when I see my golf buds still hitting 7 irons from 150 yards and I cannot. Albeit, most are using jacked lofts irons and graphite shafts, but still. Vanity? Absolutely. But beyond that, I know in my mind that this should not be the case. And a detriment to being able to post rounds in the mid to low 80's with consistency. Tantalizingly close, hence the frustration.

Apologies for blathering on about this today. But it has gotten me rather p***ed off at the moment. The real grille buds have turned an unsympathetic ear to my mid-iron complaining. I've been beating them of late, so they offer no advisement. Other than a terse...."What are you complaining about?".

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

LOL. Thanks Stu. That's about as KISS as it gets. Didn't seem to have this big of an issue last year, before I read "Five Lessons" and Hogan's 'plane of glass' methodology.

Conrgrats on the S9's Conrad. That's the great thing about used club acquisitions. Something catches your eye, you buy. If it does't quite work out, can usually be liquidated to recoup the investment. Or if well bought, a small ROI. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Recently thrifted a partial set of Ping Eye 2's 2 - PW (minus a 4i and 5I) a couple of weeks back for $20. Couldn't just leave them for another monger to pickup. Never have owned nor played Eye 2's, while seemingly the entire golfing world has played a set of them and one time or another. They're the "Others Pend." U groove variety (11/85 build date) that caused the Ping v. USGA groove dust up. The ones that shred and spin balls back like crazy. Now have the cleaned, buffed, extended and regriped and ready to audition at some point. Even found a SW thereafter (a + no + of all things) for $10 off of CL shortly thereafter. Maybe the anser to my mid-ron woes? Doubtful, but maybe should take the 7i out for a spin. Although giving the irons the "waggle" test has the shafts feeling as stiff as rebar.

Have CFS (regular) in the i20's. The more I ruminate on the mid-iron problem, the more convinced I am that its a yet to be diagnosed swing flaw. Doing something differently than with the D, fairways, hybrids, short irons, with which I'm reasonably satisfied. Not making good ball strikes thus sacrificing distance. The range session may have to wait until tomorrow as the storms are continuing to roll thru the neighborhood today. Going to have a study session tonight with some on hand resources in the hope of gleaning some info that may prove useful.

No way should I be hitting them this short. I'm 6'3", still weigh in at my football playing weight from back in the day, no ailments or infirmaries of any kind. Can hit a large bucket and go right back the next day and hit another without soreness or stiffness. So nothing physical. But it galls me when I see my golf buds still hitting 7 irons from 150 yards and I cannot. Albeit, most are using jacked lofts irons and graphite shafts, but still. Vanity? Absolutely. But beyond that, I know in my mind that this should not be the case. And a detriment to being able to post rounds in the mid to low 80's with consistency. Tantalizingly close, hence the frustration.

Apologies for blathering on about this today. But it has gotten me rather p***ed off at the moment. The real grille buds have turned an unsympathetic ear to my mid-iron complaining. I've been beating them of late, so they offer no advisement. Other than a terse...."What are you complaining about?".

F51, have you tried adjusting your stance, ala Hogan's diagram? Closing your stance some may help with longer irons.

...and, nice score on the Eye 2's!

If your mid irons are spec'ed with same shaft and such (like SW) as your shorter irons, then there should be just some very minor variation in your setup and swing in order to hit them just as well. The length is just about all that needs to be accounted for with mid irons compared to shorter ones. It will obviously require you to set the ball just a little further away and maybe set a smaller angle, looking DTL, between the shaft and forearms.

I try not to look at my irons as if there is a point where all of a sudden performance falls off. Each one is just slightly different than the next number. The 9i is just a slightly longer version of the PW. It will go slightly lower and longer. The 8i is like the 9i. Etc. Ultimately I just think of all of them as 'irons' with a number on the bottom.

And LOL your 5i IS a modern 7i! No need to worry about what # iron your other bros are hitting.

Registered Bladeocrat

Fella, next time your bros hit a jacked loft 7i 150 yds, instead of trying to match it with your 7i, take their 7i and see how far you hit it!

Registered Bladeocrat

Conrad, no I do not close my stance with the long(er) irons, have been playing everything every so slightly open. Will review that topic tonight.

Ninz. Same shaft throughout. FCM 5.5 Flighted Rifles in this set of Apexs. Going to take along the older (more beat-up) set with the 950GH's to see if that makes a difference. Haven't checked SW's yet as I'm not particularly sensitive to minor variances. But think I'll scale everything latter to rule out any abnormalities. All are built off of a 38.0" 7 iron length which is my de facto standard.

While try not to think of performance differences between irons. But after a point, it sort of gets (negatively) in your head. Its not like I'm trying to hit a 4 iron or something ridiculous.

Although I have taken the aforementioned Eye 2 2 iron out on a couple of occasions. A course that I play with some regularity has several tight, tree lined, dogleg, short Par 4's. Every time I've used it off the tee, 175 yard straight "stingers" much to my amazement. Go figure.

Fella, next time your bros hit a jacked loft 7i 150 yds, instead of trying to match it with your 7i, take their 7i and see how far you hit it!

My bro's 7i (G30) is equivalent to my 5.5 Apex iron. Thanks, I feel better now! Combined with Stu's sage "hit the damn ball" swing advice, thinking I'm getting closer to a solution to my difficulties.

Conrad, no I do not close my stance with the long(er) irons, have been playing everything every so slightly open. Will review that topic tonight.

Ninz. Same shaft throughout. FCM 5.5 Flighted Rifles in this set of Apexs. Going to take along the older (more beat-up) set with the 950GH's to see if that makes a difference. Haven't checked SW's yet as I'm not particularly sensitive to minor variances. But think I'll scale everything latter to rule out any abnormalities. All are built off of a 38.0" 7 iron length which is my de facto standard.

While try not to think of performance differences between irons. But after a point, it sort of gets (negatively) in your head. Its not like I'm trying to hit a 4 iron or something ridiculous.

Although I have taken the aforementioned Eye 2 2 iron out on a couple of occasions. A course that I play with some regularity has several tight, tree lined, dogleg, short Par 4's. Every time I've used it off the tee, 175 yard straight "stingers" much to my amazement. Go figure.

I think it is just, as you just stated, (negatively) in your head. It's all just mental. Also, you have to accept that each club longer than the previous will simply have slightly and proportionally more error. The longer club will have more error as you swing it, and the longer a ball goes, the more error it will have. I think sometimes people tend to think they suck at longer irons because they mishit them farther than their shorter ones, but by the science the error could have nothing to do with the error of their swing. It could simply have everything to do with just the club length.

If all you want to do is hit a dead straight shot off the tee and get it in the fairway somewhere, a Ping Eye 2 2i with behemoth cavity is fine for that shot.

Registered Bladeocrat

Got back out again today, not such a great day lol. 42/47 for 89 and got my butt kicked by a Korean Lady gaming some Honma forged Blades(I noticed by the 2nd hole)lol. She hit the ball very well!! It was a super nice day out today too :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

As a rule, I never give advice, I leave it to the experts. But I can compare someone else's issue with mine, whether currant or past.

One day, I'm satisfied with my game overall, except for my 5i. I can't do anything with it.!!

There's an Academy at a nearby Course, that I know well. So, off I go. The coach asks me to take a few practice swings and then set up to the ball. He reached down and rolled the ball 1/4 turn forward. I hit it, it's better than it's been, but not quite. We start over, (like an idiot, I set up the same exact way) he rolls the ball 1/2 turn forward....Surprise....Bingo! (It could, just as easily, have been backwards)

As he's about to leave, he says: "With long clubs, it's your swing. With short ones, it's your stance. With the mid irons, it's ball position."

I don't know if it's a Golden Rule, but it gave me something to think about, next time.

That's all I got!

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

I had designs on a mid afternoon round with my Little Peanut but storms have put an end to that idea.

Maybe a nap instead.

I played at 6:45 this morning, didn't get a drop....

Of course on my 10K jog after i got soaked.

It's been raining all day here too

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Building a fence for my mom today, may need an extended stay in the grill after. There a massage room?

I think Reason has a secret glory hole in the men's bathroom. Ask Conrad about it.

Think again.

And to think I just spent an hour looking for nothing!

Thanks.

Before I waste another hour, is there a mechanical Sally-the-goat ride in here or not?

Registered Bladeocrat

Welcome to the grille tolmij. Hope you enjoy yourself here. What's your preferred swing plane with your Nike #8?

This has several technical difficulties.

Looking carefully to make sure all golfers in the vicinity are busy looking for other balls, if they are not several other strategic actions have to be devised. Ie look there is superman.

Decide which leg has to be used, sometimes it is not possible to propell the ball in the required direction due to the vicinity of trees etc, so it is important to be proficient with both legs.

Pick your target, determine the distance the ball has to travel. Do you need a half swing from the knee, or, a full swing from the hip.

Execute the move after all relevant formation has been assessed and being sure the action will not be observed by any fellow golfers. It is important to not let anyone see this as it is an extremely difficult shot and you do not want to give away your game secrets.

The final action is the most important, yell in a very loud voice, FOUND IT.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Going to start using all of mine, I take it likes are the new posts.

From the GolfWRX user's manual

If it's that important to you to have a high post count, surf any other thread, (outside "19th Hole") click *Reply* on everything and type: +1

You'll see your post counts shoot upwards like a rocket.

But, beware the bookie man! :superman2: Some Mods tend to frown at that Modus Operandi :busted_cop: :nono: ----------> :mug:

Some Mods can be funny about post counting, the job seems to turn off their fun button.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

I had designs on a mid afternoon round with my Little Peanut but storms have put an end to that idea.

Maybe a nap instead.

I'm normally a dew sweeper but my Little Peanut has swim lessons on Sunday mornings so golf is out.

Sorry you were soaked during the run. Hopefully you were near the end. I've always loathed running with wet sneakers.

I did manage to squeeze in a 40 minute nap so all wasn't lost.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Just call me Tol, you may find other names when you know me better.

Surprisingly there are two distinct attitudes to food in Australia, those of us that like good home cooked, or good quality restaurant food and those who will eat anything, literally anything as some of the food dished up in fast food places have to be seen to be believed.

My wife Mrs Tol, is a fantastic cook, keeps a very full pantry and can run up a banquet for 20 at short notice. The problem with this is keeping my weight off.

Still trying to work out how to quote just the latest post, it seems everything wants to come over together, like keeping up a group hug.

Post count is not really important, it was just a sore point with some on my last forum. I liked to push my post count up to aggrevate them as they were so opinionated and dismissive of anyone not as enthusiastic as themselves about their golf handicap.

Don't get me wrong, I like playing golf, I am now 74 play regularly and know there is not much I can do to improved very much. It's not something that bothers me as I enjoy life, every new day is a bonus. :). My passion apart from golf is oil painting, I like to think we are all better than average, my son, my wife and myself. When I have this all sorted I will post some for comment.

Looking for an avatar that do justice to my good looks :lol:

Are you a big Australian Rules Football fan? "My #%$& is this big !"

Australian Rules football sucks. Used to play Rugby Union, judo was always my sport of choice. Was good at it in the day. Golf is a recent game.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Fella,

At one time I had an upright swing and now I'm sporting a flat one. I've tried to to move somewhere between the two this year, but I believe my body is more comfortable with the flatter shape. My ball striking is certainly more consistent. I've long struggled with fairway woods and have had success with hybrids. I'm certain some of this has to do with my swing.

I know there are inherent issues with the design, but single length irons could be a solution. If built to a single length you could focus attention on one swing shape.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Savannah's a cool town. Maybe not as cool as Charlestown but cool enough. Except when it is 95 with 77 dew points and little cloud cover. Ate good food. Drank some good local beers. Saw Jim Williams house. Lady Chablis still performs in town. Mary musgrove what an interesting life . Forrest gumps bench place - the bench was a prop since the bus stop is not really in front of olglethorpe's statue - did have 3 of those doubletree chocolate chip cookies - I knew what I was getting - we wandered right over it without knowing until later (gumps bench, that is) Ate a boil on tybee island. Was a tourist. Was thinking of heading to Beaufort to put on a big chill but ....time ran out and I didn't know where Alex was buried anyway. Had a donut on donut day - did you? I eat pie on pi day every year too. Must go back when it is cooler - temperature wise.

The quilt adventure begins tomorrow as we detour at Asheville for Johnson city instead of the direct route home to Kodak. Golf then the open. More golf then Chicago for the 4th (with golf included). Getting our San Diego and Hawaii plans in order - looks like Maui as base with day trips all over the islands. Gonna ride me down a volcano. Maybe even another lesson with that guy out in LA.

Who else is traveling? Conrad and those that travel for work .......

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

No travel on this end, we have a garden to tend to . . .

Top to bottom, tomato, beans, cucumbers, carrots.

No clue if I have to thin the rows out or not.

The Peanuts are really excited to watch the plants grow.

Hopefully I'll have enough produce to stock the Grille for a day or two.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Nice. Our garden took 7 yards of compost. Then there is the herb garden. Okra, corn, peas, broccoli, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce, cucumbers, peppers (hot) , squash, beets, spinach, radishes, cabbage, tomatillos, garlic. Herbs - thyme, lemon thyme, dill, fennel ,chives, mint, .... I eat. Nothing else except provide occasional hard labor. Lol. A rooster awakens us - not ours - we aren't allowed farm animals thank goodness or we'd have chickens. I cut the grass too and continue to cut the bamboo. Several cattle ranches near use - we have yet to name them.

Oh, the sea turtles have been laying their eggs in force. Janeen wants to go down to our friends place on Amelia island in Agustin when they start hatching. Didn't spot any on tybee - they are marked. Looking for those 400 lb leatherbacks tthough most are loggerhead.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

We started small GLK. If we successfully 'farm' one of each plant this will be a monumental success. The look on their faces when they saw the rows growing was worth every penny.

In the end much will be learned from the experience. I want them to know how hard people work to provide them food every day.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

The lead arm and shaft “can” be thought of as two legs of an imaginary triangle. Personally the “plane” that triangle rolls down along gets a little steeper as the clubs get shorter and flatter as the shafts get longer. About the only goal I have is to setup and swing back hoping to land the lead arm up on or just barely above the trail shoulder as seen down the line. Getting it there for me took a mirror – and from then on it's been about learning the feel of that whole mess since they typically don't like mirrors out there on the golf course....OGA aside.

A bad habit of mine – The shaft, lead arm, flattened lead wrist are all make it up there and are ready to go – but I tend to change that geometry - namely by laying the shaft and shaft only down on a flatter plane than the lead arm. It happens on a subtle but damaging way just as I get going in transition. It's probably some vestige of the old "swing it from the inside-out days when I was searching for a draw. Whatever it's roots are - Not so good things happen when I do that. The reverse is true. Some tend to stand the shaft up vertically really quick as they transition...I have the opposite tendency. Once I groove that correct feel - that “triangle” is formed. it, the bend in the back of the trail-wrist and that whole smash can move without any thought about it. In this case the shaft flows WITH rather than immediately flatter than the lead arm plane in transition. I don't even have to think about it. As Jason Gore once put it… “Once I get it up there – I just flush the toilet”. Crude – but a very similar way I experience it. And that whole lead/arm and shaft plane bit - is what I warm up with before a round.

How high are the hands at the follow through? Well how high were they in the backswing? Better swings I’ve seen tend to be just about matched up on both sides of the swing. In fact – having watched a ton of vids from beginners to plus – folks tend to naturally have the same hand height on both sides very naturally. It seems likely, when thats not the case – the golfer has talked himself into stuff that sort of disturbed the “natural” order of things. Perhaps he started swinging “at” the ball instead of just swinging it - or some craziness got in his head. A five year old kid with a plastic club will swing with balanced hand height as seen face on. We are a little prone (IMO) to often be better served taking things out of the swing rather than adding one more thing to it.

Best I could do to keep it down to a few paragraphs rather than a 10 page rant. I promise to board the dingy if my lousy two cents need to be cussed and discussed into the night.

How ‘bout them Snell Balls? They’ve been mentioned. Anyone tried them and decided against gaming them? So far the word is they are very playable and come at a decent price. What's not to love about that?

The lead arm and shaft “can” be thought of as two legs of an imaginary triangle. Personally the “plane” that triangle rolls down along gets a little steeper as the clubs get shorter and flatter as the shafts get longer. About the only goal I have is to setup and swing back hoping to land the lead arm up on or just barely above the trail shoulder as seen down the line. Getting it there for me took a mirror – and from then on it's been about learning the feel of that whole mess since they typically don't like mirrors out there on the golf course....OGA aside.

A bad habit of mine – The shaft, lead arm, flattened lead wrist are all make it up there and are ready to go – but I tend to change that geometry - namely by laying the shaft and shaft only down on a flatter plane than the lead arm. It happens on a subtle but damaging way just as I get going in transition. It's probably some vestige of the old "swing it from the inside-out days when I was searching for a draw. Whatever it's roots are - Not so good things happen when I do that. The reverse is true. Some tend to stand the shaft up vertically really quick as they transition...I have the opposite tendency. Once I groove that correct feel - that “triangle” is formed. it, the bend in the back of the trail-wrist and that whole smash can move without any thought about it. In this case the shaft flows WITH rather than immediately flatter than the lead arm plane in transition. I don't even have to think about it. As Jason Gore once put it… “Once I get it up there – I just flush the toilet”. Crude – but a very similar way I experience it. And that whole lead/arm and shaft plane bit - is what I warm up with before a round.

How high are the hands at the follow through? Well how high were they in the backswing? Better swings I’ve seen tend to be just about matched up on both sides of the swing. In fact – having watched a ton of vids from beginners to plus – folks tend to naturally have the same hand height on both sides very naturally. It seems likely, when thats not the case – the golfer has talked himself into stuff that sort of disturbed the “natural” order of things. Perhaps he started swinging “at” the ball instead of just swinging it - or some craziness got in his head. A five year old kid with a plastic club will swing with balanced hand height as seen face on. We are a little prone (IMO) to often be better served taking things out of the swing rather than adding one more thing to it.

Best I could do to keep it down to a few paragraphs rather than a 10 page rant. I promise to board the dingy if my lousy two cents need to be cussed and discussed into the night.

How ‘bout them Snell Balls? They’ve been mentioned. Anyone tried them and decided against gaming them? So far the word is they are very playable and come at a decent price. What's not to love about that?

The goal of the first half of the downswing is to orient that triangle you mentioned, or "ell" formed by the lead arm and shaft, such that the clubhead drags directly behind the lead hands and arm on a nice plane that points just below the ball somewhere. In this orientation, the club will provide the least torque on the lead arm and thus the LEAST amount of energy will be expended in turning the mass of the clubhead. This is basically the most efficient way to downswing and thus generate the highest rotational speed possible. It's like Conrad hauling his loads directly behind his truck cabs. This is aerodynamically the best position for hauling mass and also the best from a torque perspective on the arms.

As to that bad habit of yours laying the shaft plane down relative to the lead arm plane, that is basically swinging with that triangle or ell OFF plane which then will put unnecessary torque on your lead arm as they pull the clubhead down and around. This will then cause you to have to correct for it sometime during the downswing. This could then create a source of error in your swing.

And to tie that triangle or ell formation to the high hands finish, as the hands reach the top of it, that same triangle will be formed between the straightened TRAIL arm and shaft in a perfect mirror image and on the same plane as it was on the downswing between the LEAD arm and shaft.

Bro-Honor, there was a lot of good physics in that LOL summary. I tried to be brief with my points too! I will board that dingy with you anytime.

I've never tried or found a Snell ball. I hope I find some during my ball hawking rounds.

Registered Bladeocrat

Maybe a nap instead.

I'm normally a dew sweeper but my Little Peanut has swim lessons on Sunday mornings so golf is out.

Sorry you were soaked during the run. Hopefully you were near the end. I've always loathed running with wet sneakers.

I did manage to squeeze in a 40 minute nap so all wasn't lost.

As I get older, I have found that I am becoming a fan of the 1 hr nap. When I'm home just doing chores or whatever, around 3:00 a little nap fits perfectly into my schedule. I'm becoming like Grandpa Simpson...

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)