Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

I'm totally the wrong guy to asK, given my compulsion to change putters every week, but I see no harm in trying a new grip. I really like Matt's idea, and have gone that route with a few leather grips, but install and remove with air generally.

I'm looking to lay my hands on the new Tour SNSR grip.

That SNSR grip looks mighty interesting.

I thought this grip was genius, with a built in forward press:

Directed Force

Interesting concept. Just another $30+ grip for me to look at.

It's like I fell asleep and woke up to doubled prices. Friggin inflation.

$30 is quite the bargain when attached to one of these babies :taunt:

I've been the guy at the end of the table taking in all your posts. Welcome to the new guys. Crab, nice to see you back in. This has been a great read.

Judge, sounds like it's time for a new putter grip. I've used a midsize for years and it's what feels familiar. Standard putter grips feel small and the oversize feel too big. I've had my Anser 2 for years. It's been my one constant but I never hesitate changing the grip every 2 years or so.

I posted yesterday about my tree filled experience . . .

I've slept on the round and here's what I've taken away from the experience.

1) I've really grown to appreciate a good bogey.

2) I hit some incredibly good shots that ended up in some incredibly poor spots and I hit some incredibly poor shots that turned out just fined.

3) I'm finding that I'm less concerned about score and this is resulting in better overall results.

4) My wife and children don't care whether I card a 100, 90, 80, 70. They just want me to be in a good mood when I come home.

5) I still have to get up and go to my day job the next morning, regardless of the scores I'm shooting.

They would like if you shot a 70. Mrs thug can always tell when i have had a good round. Peaceful, agreeable, calm. In other words, not the Word not allowedhole I normally am.

I'm totally the wrong guy to asK, given my compulsion to change putters every week, but I see no harm in trying a new grip. I really like Matt's idea, and have gone that route with a few leather grips, but install and remove with air generally.

Directed Force

They don't even give me a mild stiffy.

Give me a Byron, Xenon, Mannkrafted, Machine, or a whole host of other customs first.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

The extra range time and Stu's Swing Tips © seems to have paid off. Shot a 41 (+5) tonight in league play. Net 29 (yes, the HC was that bad). One birdy, nothing higher than a bogey. Very satisfying round, even with two 3 putt holes. (Damn grip). The fellow I was playing against shot very well also, we kind of fed off one another as we were playing. Tempo, tempo, tempo. It's making a difference.

Back to the range tomorrow hopefully. Before the weekly shootout with the buds on Thursday.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

2) I hit some incredibly good shots that ended up in some incredibly poor spots and I hit some incredibly poor shots that turned out just fined.

3) I'm finding that I'm less concerned about score and this is resulting in better overall results.

4) My wife and children don't care whether I card a 100, 90, 80, 70. They just want me to be in a good mood when I come home.

5) I still have to get up and go to my day job the next morning, regardless of the scores I'm shooting.

They would like if you shot a 70. Mrs thug can always tell when i have had a good round. Peaceful, agreeable, calm. In other words, not the Word not allowedhole I normally am.

I gave up worrying about my scores two years ago when I stopped collecting data. It's not to say that I don't care about score, but rather to state that I'm seeing the game as more than a number on a sheet of paper.

I'm a pretty easy going guy both on and off the course.

My golf scores don't define me.

Golf's a getaway.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

The extra range time and Stu's Swing Tips © seems to have paid off. Shot a 41 (+5) tonight in league play. Net 29 (yes, the HC was that bad). One birdy, nothing higher than a bogey. Very satisfying round, even with two 3 putt holes. (Damn grip). The fellow I was playing against shot very well also, we kind of fed off one another as we were playing. Tempo, tempo, tempo. It's making a difference.

Back to the range tomorrow hopefully. Before the weekly shootout with the buds on Thursday.

Isn't great when you and your playing partner are on the same wavelength?

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

I gave up worrying about my scores two years ago when I stopped collecting data. It's not to say that I don't care about score, but rather to state that I'm seeing the game as more than a number on a sheet of paper.

Golf's a getaway.

I have stopped chasing scores for a while now, but after striking the ball well and coming home with a 78, I'm definitely in a good mood. It usually leads to going out for dinner or at least Ice cream.

Fella - The original is a pistol grip style on the mid to smallish side. Wasn't thinking about an SS or any one brand per se, But what has me so intrigued is a bit silly to be honest. On occasion during practice - anytime a sharpie or golf ball ends up momentarily between the palms and the handle - I putt lights-out. Tempting to apply that grip-wrap used on tennis racquets to hold a couple of 10" long dowel sticks on the port and starboard side of the handle! OGA-style!

Will keep the gamer un-mutilated and experiment on another stick. Zing 2i putters are fairly easy to find at a fair price.

Scorecards are la familia. Some serve a purpose - some must be made to go away - some must be "framed". Never be afraid to make your scorecard an offer it can't refuse. :hi: .

Over the years I have developed the saying that tempo is the enabler and the glue. It holds everything together and lets you do what you are trying to do.

Directed Force

At $400, they're not that far off the price point of my Ping Craz-E iWi Series, with the optional weight kit, in 2008

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Reasy, I gonna agree with Fella, keep Ole' Faithful, Ole' Faithful. I think a new putter would be a better idea, sometimes you need to look at something else for a few rounds. You can always go back.

As for oversized grips, or super stroke putter grips, I like the 1.0, it's the smallest one, has no taper as well. Feels great, and that is my grip of choice. I find it to be just right for my hand size I guess. It's either that or a regular lamkin crossline, standard size.

Rad!! McGirts story is definitely inspiring, I'll never give up. I'm convinced golf is what I'm supposed to do, and thankfully I don't have any major financial responsibilities so I can freely chase the dream. He's 37, I just turned 33 so I have 4 years to get it together LOL I will say at this point, as I sit here, I would just like to play ANY golf at all. 802 days since my last round of golf..

I need an intervention here from my friends:

Backstory is quite simple. One and only one stick in the bag has gone unchanged and unaltered for well over two decades. The putter. Everything about it - me likeee. Don't claim to be such a gifted man swinging her that I'll take on all comers - but she's been good to me over the years and when she's not I chalk it up to operator error.

She's all original - right down to the grip - so my hands go on her the same way every time up. She went through my cross-handed years and back Yadda yadda.... that's my putter and she does not change - period - the end.

Oversized grips. They're calling me. Temptresses they are. Standing on every corner asking me if I'd like to have a good time. I believe they were taught by wedges in some secret meeting as to the ways of tempting a man just to get in his wallet.

Please help. If I touch that one unaltered and original baby that's been the only survivor for over two decades... I feel sure a hole will be torn in the universe. Talk me off of this ledge - please. And call the fire department - we have a jumper here.

You haven't changed the grip in over 20 years?! That's a sin right there. If you find a grip that's perfect, buy 4-5, so you can replace 'em with the same thing. But, that wasn't your dilemma... I love the over-sized grips (1.3"+ for me) and can't imagine going back - these days, a "standard" sized grip feels weird. If it doesn't work, go back to a NEW version of the original. Go ahead and jump ... you're on the first floor.

BTW, both of those links were the same.

And Reason,

If you decide to install a new grip, and she needs one, may I strongly suggest that you check the swing weight---BEFORE--- it's done, and jot it down somewhere for safe keeping. You'll thank me later!

When you finally throw that (Damn grip) in the lake, make very sure it's NOT still attached to the Putter!!!!! :busted_cop:

Golf's a getaway.

I have stopped chasing scores for a while now, but after striking the ball well and coming home with a 78, I'm definitely in a good mood. It usually leads to going out for dinner or at least Ice cream.

How'bout Putt-Putt and ice cream?

Fella - The original is a pistol grip style on the mid to smallish side. Wasn't thinking about an SS or any one brand per se, But what has me so intrigued is a bit silly to be honest. On occasion during practice - anytime a sharpie or golf ball ends up momentarily between the palms and the handle - I putt lights-out. Tempting to apply that grip-wrap used on tennis racquets to hold a couple of 10" long dowel sticks on the port and starboard side of the handle! OGA-style!

Will keep the gamer un-mutilated and experiment on another stick. Zing 2i putters are fairly easy to find at a fair price.

Scorecards are la familia. Some serve a purpose - some must be made to go away - some must be "framed". Never be afraid to make your scorecard an offer it can't refuse. :hi: .

Perhaps you could have a look at the faithful Lamkin Jumbo Pistol grip. But be careful, they are heavy. You may have to pull a "Big Stu Special" and start adding lead tape to the head. :beruo:

#3#3#3#3#3#3#3#3#3#3#3.....if i had only know that secret.....

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I confess that I like reading PXG threads even though I have no interest in any of their products. Everyone of those threads are filled with drama. It's like reading the old Bombtech Grenade threads. Entertainment value.

Another confession, I'd love to hit a Grenade.

Actually there is a new thread going on. Some English gent, well known and appreciated on here but unknownst to moi no surprise there, did a trial. Lot of front shots, behind, and computer stats. And lots of chatting in between shots. Was really very good and it is here somewhere, sorry, and on utube.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

When you finally throw that (Damn grip) in the lake, make very sure it's NOT still attached to the Putter!!!!! :busted_cop:

LOL. One thing I was taught by my Father early on, one NEVAH throws a golf club. Have been known to pound a misbehaving club "with authority" once in awhile. Never on a green and always repair any turf damage.

Putters and lakes brings to mind an early introduction to a Big Stu story. One about an old Zing and water. Don't know if he's ever shared it with the Confessioners / Grille'sters before. Don't think he'll mind. If you've read this before, carry on. If not:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1092861-a-old-ping-putter-story/

LOL. One thing I was taught by my Father early on, one NEVAH throws a golf club. Have been known to pound a misbehaving club "with authority" once in awhile. Never on a green and always repair any turf damage.

Putters and lakes brings to mind an early introduction to a Big Stu story. One about an old Zing and water. Don't know if he's ever shared it with the Confessioners / Grille'sters before. Don't think he'll mind. If you've read this before, carry on. If not:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1092861-a-old-ping-putter-story/

Thanks for the link, Fella. Stu's always got a good story. Lol.

Hmmm.....putter grips. Not a ho here. I have 2 Odyssey putters that have the stock

grip still on them. They look like a Winn grip to me. Not small and not big but with

a flat front which I like; helps me square the face at impact.....and goes with my flat

front shorts.

Made me chuckle!! Read/overheard a conversation awhile back about pleated v. flat front shorts. It was said that pleated's were "old man's" shorts. IDK. Immediately went to the closet and "deep sixed" the entire shorts supply. Announced to the Mrs. that we had to go shopping (she has all the coupons) for shorts as I have none to wear.

Same thing happened with athletic shoes. Use to always wear white NB trainers. Pair after pair. Until I overheard a convo by a couple of youngsters while perusing the shoe rack a few years back. One said that white and NB were old man's shoes. That was that, never again will white athlete shoes adorn my feets. They were right though, they seem to be the shoe of choice for.......old men. I notice these things now days.

One week shy of reaching official Medicare age. Hard to wrap my head around that. I refuse to give one inch to this getting old crap, that's for old people. Maybe hit two large buckets today, just because.

Watching the Martian for the second time this week. I really enjoy this film.

Time to pour a stiff drink. Blanton's or Crown Royal? . . . decisions, decisions

Brilliant movie, watched it twice as well.

Nice glass of red after supper, relaxing ready for bed time.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Hmmm.....putter grips. Not a ho here. I have 2 Odyssey putters that have the stock

grip still on them. They look like a Winn grip to me. Not small and not big but with

a flat front which I like; helps me square the face at impact.....and goes with my flat

front shorts.

Made me chuckle!! Read/overheard a conversation awhile back about pleated v. flat front shorts. It was said that pleated's were "old man's" shorts. IDK. Immediately went to the closet and "deep sixed" the entire shorts supply. Announced to the Mrs. that we had to go shopping (she has all the coupons) for shorts as I have none to wear.

Same thing happened with athletic shoes. Use to always wear white NB trainers. Pair after pair. Until I overheard a convo by a couple of youngsters while perusing the shoe rack a few years back. One said that white and NB were old man's shoes. That was that, never again will white athlete shoes adorn my feets. They were right though, they seem to be the shoe of choice for.......old men. I notice these things now days.

One week shy of reaching official Medicare age. Hard to wrap my head around that. I refuse to give one inch to this getting old crap, that's for old people. Maybe hit two large buckets today, just because.

Good move, Fella. My pleated shorts were gone years ago along with the denim shorts. Lol. Yes, at one time they were in style...maybe not on the course...well, at some of the goat tracks I played about anything was en vogue.

I like what I see here in the grille about scores not being a big deal, now I don't have to sit alone in a corner... last night in the league I shot a 54, windy, slow greens, locusts, Cav's down 2-0, tropical storm in Fla. upcoming election no one to vote for, left my gps at home (2 years ago) deer ran across fairway.... Ok, I don't need any of those excuses here, I'm in the Clubhouse Grille... anyway a 54, ugh, can't believe it, but still took 5 1/2 points, yay! But after I got a ride home from one of the guys, my wife was excited about her new gas range coming tomorrow, and that made me very happy, she wouldn't have cared if I shot a 54 or 104...just to see how thrilled she was about going back to gas from electric cooking after 15 years of being without it was fabulous :) (besides, that's what they use here in the grille)

front shorts.

I have my wife on old man watch, always make sure she is watching for dress code, mouth open when walking, shuffle instead of stride etc.

The shorts or trousers pulled up that high that the waste band is under the armpits is the most telling. Apart from those, always behave when around young ladies, you will be called a dirty old man. Think young and you will be young.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Directed Force

At $400, they're not that far off the price point of my Ping Craz-E iWi Series, with the optional weight kit, in 2008

I only used them as an example because PD had mentioned his fascination with the PXG threads.

But, at $400, I still want it to give me an extra 17 yds!

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)