2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Welcome to the grille SB. We've bumped into one another from time to time. Talking CFB IIRC.

Thought your avatar pic might be AB. 10th tee? There may be better courses around, but none that I enjoy playing more. The lone bagpipe at sunset gives one goosebumps.

Yup, we have bumped into each other talking CFB and probably in the Michigan forum as I travel up there often so I post in there from time to time. I refuse to talk CFB with any State fans for the time being... They have the Bucks number right now...

I honestly have no idea which hole that was taken on. All I remember is it was taken in the middle fairway after I stuffed an approach on a par 4 (that's my putter in my hand). My mom was walking the course with us hanging out, enjoying the scenery, talking my caddie's head off, and taking photos. I was mostly walking alone as my father and wife were looking for golf balls all day long with their caddie and I was annoyed with my mom and my caddie paying 0 attention to me (except for when it was time to give me an incorrect club selection lol).

LOL. Fair enough. We'll forgo any such grille talk of for the time being. However, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", relative to the Walvies and their minions.

Last year when we played AB, there was a 20+ mph wind blowing in off the lake. A real adventure trying to keep the ball in the fairway and out of the tall grass. Our group struggled a bit navigating our way around the course. I had played it a couple of times, first time for the rest of the group. Remember using a 5W dead into the wind on the par 3 17th (150'ish yards) and still coming up short of the green. Actually played pretty well considering, carding an 89. Kept the ball below the hole all day (usually short of the green, LOL), very difficult to make putts if your above at AB.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Welcome to the grille SB. We've bumped into one another from time to time. Talking CFB IIRC.

Thought your avatar pic might be AB. 10th tee? There may be better courses around, but none that I enjoy playing more. The lone bagpipe at sunset gives one goosebumps.

Yup, we have bumped into each other talking CFB and probably in the Michigan forum as I travel up there often so I post in there from time to time. I refuse to talk CFB with any State fans for the time being... They have the Bucks number right now...

I honestly have no idea which hole that was taken on. All I remember is it was taken in the middle fairway after I stuffed an approach on a par 4 (that's my putter in my hand). My mom was walking the course with us hanging out, enjoying the scenery, talking my caddie's head off, and taking photos. I was mostly walking alone as my father and wife were looking for golf balls all day long with their caddie and I was annoyed with my mom and my caddie paying 0 attention to me (except for when it was time to give me an incorrect club selection lol).

LOL. Fair enough. We'll forgo any such grille talk of for the time being. However, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend", relative to the Walvies and their minions.

Last year when we played AB, there was a 20+ mph wind blowing in off the lake. A real adventure trying to keep the ball in the fairway and out of the tall grass. Our group struggled a bit navigating our way around the course. I had played it a couple of times, first time for the rest of the group. Remember using a 5W dead into the wind on the par 3 17th (150'ish yards) and still coming up short of the green. Actually played pretty well considering, carding an 89. Kept the ball below the hole all day (usually short of the green, LOL), very difficult to make putts if your above at AB.

I can't remember what exactly I shot but I played pretty well there. I believe I shot right around 80 (80,81, maybe 82) on my first time out there. We had a pretty windy day as well. I remember having a hit a few mid iron punch shots into greens and while laying up on Par 5's to make the shot more controllable.

I started out the round flat out balling until my caddie made a gross error, which I was debating with him preshot. So I think I was +1 through 6. Had hit every fairway and green in regulation with one 3 putt from a long distance. I was sitting in the middle of the fairway on #7, downwind, and my caddie told me to pull a club which was 1 more club than the wind. I immediately questioned it. I thought I should be hitting 1 club less than the distance to balance out the wind and uphill nature of the shot. We went back and forth and finally he goes 'look, just trust me, I'm a 2 handicap, have caddied here for a handful of years and this is the club I would pull. Just take a nice full swing and watch it.' So I did. I flew the green by a good 20 yards, lost my ball, took a double and was fuming. We get to #8 and he tells me to hit a 3 iron down the center, I just give him a smartWord not allowed smile, grab my driver and just rip one up out left of the fairway bunker. Grab a wedge, throw it 10 feet, didn't even look at him for any type of read, drained the putt for a 3 and on the #9 told him 'I was caddie once too'.

It wasn't the nicest move by me and I could have handled it better but at the time I legit thought my decision to listen to him in the fairway cost me a shot at a really low round. Also, by then I was pretty much fed up with him. He had walked past my ball on 3 or 4 holes and was a good 30 yards down the fairway when I had to yell at him to come back. He was not paying attention to me at all and was just talking my mom's ear off (my mom has a way of getting everyone's life story immediately upon meeting them).

I later found out he said he was a 2 handicap 15 years ago and just got back in to golf and plays once or twice a year. He told me he never had an official handicap though and that was just his estimation... needless to say he wasn't exactly a good, or even decent, caddie...

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

Hauled grain last week and will again today Conrad. How do I explain to my wife I get to buy a new golf club for being in the frequent trucker club? :-)

You guys done with winter wheat already?! Or you moving last year's harvest? We don't produce on the level that the Midwest does, so I'm sure the cycles of the business are different - we have 3-4 weeks of heightened activity during the year, first the corn, then beans, and wheat at the end of June. When I hear somebody was hauling grain, I tend to associate it as being right around the harvest. It's 95% semis now, but it was kind of neat to see when the old grain trucks (over-grown box trucks w/stake sides) got dusted off for their annual workload, lol. At the same time, they always worried me - some would be about 30 years old (with <10,000 mi, lol) - who knows what the mice had chewed through since it was used last fall.

Hauling last year's crop CD. Prices finally turned around enough to start emptying the bins! Corn today. Depending on the year we can store 1/2 our corn and a few beans on the farm, so we take a lot to terminals Dec-Feb and then again late May and June. When I was a kid in the 80's and 90's you still saw alfalfa, wheat, even some oats but these days in my area of central IL it's pretty much all corn and beans.

And man I know what you mean about those old straight trucks. Since we got the semi we stopped using ours but we finally got rid of it a couple years ago. Took an intimate knowledge of its quirks to get it started every September. And of course punching the dash a few times to get all the gauges and lights working lol!!

Wowsers!

The Grille has Siver, CrabD, Fella, Pige, 60, Tol, MC, PD, Chief, Radro....OK I'll stop at the risk of offending those not present. Welcome to all and let's have ourselves a blast.

Took me my first dingy ride! LOL - may end up boring others and annoying the rest with a couple of doo-dads but thought I'd buzz back here to see what's on today's menu.

Hmmmm;

I see there's

Ebay Al'a Mode

The par 5 filet (heard that one is a little tough)

Ball soup du jour topped with 3 jack cheese

Multicultural bisk

The 18 wheeler on rye or wheat

The pure water delight on ice

Ham's burger

Stu stew

Daddy's crab special

Garden fresh salad garnished with peanuts

The napper crapper

To-go bag special

Finger pulled flambé

Looking very handsome gang. You're all pros and look like a million here at the Grille!

Cheers gang! Great seeing you all

Not being a "good" golfer, the ball selection until recently has never been of much concern. I purchased them from a second hand shop for a reasonable price or whatever I found on the golf course. My opinion changed when my son gave me golf balls as a present, he checked on the best for my age ( bloody ancient) swing speed (very slow) and handicap ( please sir give me a few more).

Callaway came up trumps, they were a little softer, slightly lower flight and most important did not take the dreaded side spin so suddenly the ball was going straight. It has not improved my game or reduced my handicap but I spend much less time looking for balls in the rough. More important, it frees up more time for eating drinking and talking, all of which are very dear to me.

• Haha 1

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

Ya, welcome SilverBullets and nice to see CrabDaddy back! I take it the

dumpster must have finally burned to the ground, lol. It was a slow burn.

I miss the burning dumpster it was soooo..........calming.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

I can't remember what exactly I shot but I played pretty well there. I believe I shot right around 80 (80,81, maybe 82) on my first time out there. We had a pretty windy day as well. I remember having a hit a few mid iron punch shots into greens and while laying up on Par 5's to make the shot more controllable.

I started out the round flat out balling until my caddie made a gross error, which I was debating with him preshot. So I think I was +1 through 6. Had hit every fairway and green in regulation with one 3 putt from a long distance. I was sitting in the middle of the fairway on #7, downwind, and my caddie told me to pull a club which was 1 more club than the wind. I immediately questioned it. I thought I should be hitting 1 club less than the distance to balance out the wind and uphill nature of the shot. We went back and forth and finally he goes 'look, just trust me, I'm a 2 handicap, have caddied here for a handful of years and this is the club I would pull. Just take a nice full swing and watch it.' So I did. I flew the green by a good 20 yards, lost my ball, took a double and was fuming. We get to #8 and he tells me to hit a 3 iron down the center, I just give him a smartWord not allowed smile, grab my driver and just rip one up out left of the fairway bunker. Grab a wedge, throw it 10 feet, didn't even look at him for any type of read, drained the putt for a 3 and on the #9 told him 'I was caddie once too'.

It wasn't the nicest move by me and I could have handled it better but at the time I legit thought my decision to listen to him in the fairway cost me a shot at a really low round. Also, by then I was pretty much fed up with him. He had walked past my ball on 3 or 4 holes and was a good 30 yards down the fairway when I had to yell at him to come back. He was not paying attention to me at all and was just talking my mom's ear off (my mom has a way of getting everyone's life story immediately upon meeting them).

I later found out he said he was a 2 handicap 15 years ago and just got back in to golf and plays once or twice a year. He told me he never had an official handicap though and that was just his estimation... needless to say he wasn't exactly a good, or even decent, caddie...

Not being a golfer that uses a caddie, I would have thought without knowing your expertise, it would be difficult for them to give an accurate assessment of club selection. To my mind as a hacker the caddies job in your case would be more of course management rather than club selection.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Friends in Grille Places

Blame it on scores I shoot

I showed up in golf shoes

And ruined your posting affair

But you didn't know

That I'd ever show

I wasn't invited it's clear

And I saw the surprise

And the fear in your eyes

When I posted in a much different way

And came here to the Grille

Where I can just chill

And you'll never hear me complain

'Cause I've got friends in Grille places

Where the whiskey drowns

And the beer chases my bogeys away

And I'll be okay

I'm not big on other topic thrills

Think I'll slip on down to the Clubhouse Grille

Oh, I've got friends in Grille places

Well, I guess I was wrong

I just don't belong

But then, I've been there before

Everything's all right

I won't put up a fight

And I'll show myself to the door

Hey, I didn't mean

To cause a big scene

Just give me an hour and then

Well, I'll post high here with them

My friends who lose and we win,

And don't play Ivory fairways

That you're drivin' in

'Cause I've got friends in Grille places

Where the whiskey drowns

And the beer chases my bogeys away

And I'll be okay

I'm not big on other topic thrills

Think I'll slip on down to the Clubhouse Grille

Oh, I've got friends in Grille places

Conrgrats on the S9's Conrad. That's the great thing about used club acquisitions. Something catches your eye, you buy. If it does't quite work out, can usually be liquidated to recoup the investment. Or if well bought, a small ROI. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Recently thrifted a partial set of Ping Eye 2's 2 - PW (minus a 4i and 5I) a couple of weeks back for $20. Couldn't just leave them for another monger to pickup. Never have owned nor played Eye 2's, while seemingly the entire golfing world has played a set of them and one time or another. They're the "Others Pend." U groove variety (11/85 build date) that caused the Ping v. USGA groove dust up. The ones that shred and spin balls back like crazy. Now have the cleaned, buffed, extended and regriped and ready to audition at some point. Even found a SW thereafter (a + no + of all things) for $10 off of CL shortly thereafter. Maybe the anser to my mid-ron woes? Doubtful, but maybe should take the 7i out for a spin. Although giving the irons the "waggle" test has the shafts feeling as stiff as rebar.

Have CFS (regular) in the i20's. The more I ruminate on the mid-iron problem, the more convinced I am that its a yet to be diagnosed swing flaw. Doing something differently than with the D, fairways, hybrids, short irons, with which I'm reasonably satisfied. Not making good ball strikes thus sacrificing distance. The range session may have to wait until tomorrow as the storms are continuing to roll thru the neighborhood today. Going to have a study session tonight with some on hand resources in the hope of gleaning some info that may prove useful.

No way should I be hitting them this short. I'm 6'3", still weigh in at my football playing weight from back in the day, no ailments or infirmaries of any kind. Can hit a large bucket and go right back the next day and hit another without soreness or stiffness. So nothing physical. But it galls me when I see my golf buds still hitting 7 irons from 150 yards and I cannot. Albeit, most are using jacked lofts irons and graphite shafts, but still. Vanity? Absolutely. But beyond that, I know in my mind that this should not be the case. And a detriment to being able to post rounds in the mid to low 80's with consistency. Tantalizingly close, hence the frustration.

Apologies for blathering on about this today. But it has gotten me rather p***ed off at the moment. The real grille buds have turned an unsympathetic ear to my mid-iron complaining. I've been beating them of late, so they offer no advisement. Other than a terse...."What are you complaining about?".

Stu simple lesson #2---- Do not worry about what club you hit 150 yards. Who cares if they put their jacked loft 7 iron on the green from 150 I could care less especially If I put my 6 iron inside of them. I do not go for par 5s in 2 anymore I do the math and put it in my optimal yardage which is between 100 and 125 yards either 56* or 47* PW for me and throw and spin a wedge in there and make birdie. I make a lot of birdies on par 5s like that.

One time I was playing with our bunch ( The Miura Mafia) and our 14th hole is a little par 3 155 yards over water. Normally depending on pin placement it is a 8 iron or 7 iron for me. Now the whole ball of wax changes when the wind is blowing. Some of the muscle guys usually hit 9 iron. This day the wind was howling and they hit 7 and went in the lake. I hit the VIP 5 iron to 2 feet. One of them asked me what I hit and I told him. He cracked I would not tell anyone I hit that antique 5 iron 155 yards. I told him well I am in birdie range and for all practable purposes you are in your pocket. We needle each other all the time in this all in fun and the kicker was he was my partner. BTW I made the putt.

In a nutshell do not let the number on the bottom of someone elses club intimidate you play your game

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

^^^

Powernap!!! It's an art form. Love it!

Us truckers have been doing it for years just ask Rad. I have pulled over a many a day and laid across the doghouse (engine cover) in a cab over truck and took a power nap--- does wonders.

I used to slice the ball really badly, stopped drinking before my round, put the knife away and now just hit it with the club.

Worked perfectly.

ROTFLMFAO---Now excuse me why I clean the tobacco juice off my screen and key board

I haven't tried the Snells but price isn't a big factor for me. I'm not a huge Dick Sporting Goods fan when it comes to golf equipment but every year they discount my ball, the Bridgestone B-330S down to $28.99 in the winter. Couple that sale with one of their $20 off $100 coupons and I buy four dozen every year for under $100. The downside is I'm always playing last year's ball. Now that's usually not a big deal but this winter they had a campaign going about the new ball being some huge advance in technology. I admit I was starting to buy into the hype but as usual with golf equipment I think it was much ado about nothing. Or at least much ado about tiny improvements.

Hauled grain last week and will again today Conrad. How do I explain to my wife I get to buy a new golf club for being in the frequent trucker club? :-)

I will handle that--- OGA membership for those of us that are CDL holders comes automatically with membership to the Club Hoes Frequent Truckers Club. This is a multi co sanctioned association. We also have a sliding scale on mileage since I do not run as many miles a week as Rad does but still how many miles you run or don't run you have to put up with the same amount of BS on the road.

Stu,

Got back out today for one another range session. As I was driving there, stretching out a bit before beginning, as I addressed the ball before the first swing, was thinking one thing only. "Hit the friggen ball"! And "boom goes the dynamite", straight out 145. Then another. Thinking about nothing really other than trying to put a smooth swing on the ball. Performing a little mind metronome count when I'm concentrating on improving rhythm.

I would estimate that 80% or better of my ball strikes today were dead straight with respectable distance. Some better than others because of missing the center of the club face. THE most important function is to keep my transition speed under control and getting my chest turned to the target during the follow thru. Didn't concern myself with having any particular follow thru other than extension. In total, a hole lot of straight mid-iron shots that heretofore, had been problematic. KISS and tempo, made all the difference.

Some experimentation with stance and ball position thereafter. Found that I seemingly had my best strikes (7 iron) with the ball slightly forward of dead center. One other discovery. Measured up the swing weights of the clubs I put into use today. The irons I had been struggling with are shafted Rifle Flighted 5.5's at D4. The others were LW steel in the D0 - D1 range. Two identical Apex 7 irons, one with the Rifles and the other with Nippon 950's. The preference was distinctly towards the lighter weight Nippon's. In feel and had better center ball striking. Didn't think it would make much difference, but the observations say otherwise.

So thanks for the succinct swing advice. Simplify and just hit the ball. I'm not good enough to over think it. We'll see how this translates to the course tomorrow.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Wow, gardening, when we lived out in the country, about 13 years ago, we had several gardens (including an herb garden as well glk)... that's one of the things I miss most about being out there like that, we had 15 acres, it was very cool... here's a gardening pic my wife took, I was having more fun than it looks like, ha

Nice pic SSP,

It would be even better if we (all of us) unchecked the GolfWRX water mark Box, before posting. That thing takes the mood :blush: out of the picture/subject/theme, etc, etc, etc, etc. :cheesy:

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

TOOLed! Been drowning in posts trying to catch up a little!

Welcome aboard to the newer "grillers"!

Tol, finally someone in the same time zone as me!! Woohoo! Never been "Down Under" yet, but I will some day! Royal Melbourne is #1 on my dream list of courses before I croak. I had really hoped I would've have qualified to represent my island a 2 years ago when the Asia Pacific Amateur was held there, someday!

Fella, saw your swing plane post. When I went through the "flatter swing" phase I would just think of swinging it back on the shaft plane. So shorter clubs will be a little more upright compared to the driver. That one worked well for me, shaft plane.

Great posts everyone, I'm just lurking and reading along. Someone asked my once how I had so many likes, I told him "I'm witty?" ;)

Lydia Ko, and Na Yeon Choi have the nicest swing in ALL of golf today. IMO :)

Thug, I'm jealous! Did Brooke mention me, wonder if she got my text??? :D :D :D :cheesy:

Lastly, Charley Hull, great game and yeeeowzah!!!! :deadhorse:

Agree about the time zone, it's difficult talking to someone who just wants to sleep.

Some of us are night owls :taunt:

If we're on here, we're good to go. :superman:

I haven't tried the Snells but price isn't a big factor for me. I'm not a huge Dick Sporting Goods fan when it comes to golf equipment but every year they discount my ball, the Bridgestone B-330S down to $28.99 in the winter. Couple that sale with one of their $20 off $100 coupons and I buy four dozen every year for under $100. The downside is I'm always playing last year's ball. Now that's usually not a big deal but this winter they had a campaign going about the new ball being some huge advance in technology. I admit I was starting to buy into the hype but as usual with golf equipment I think it was much ado about nothing. Or at least much ado about tiny improvements.

They ALL change the lettering every year.........New Improved Identification!

The newest member of our school, Callie (as in Callinectes).

We lost my buddy, Boomer, in April, one month shy of his 10th birthday. Boomer was a yellow lab born with a heart defect, and we were told that he would be lucky to see two years old.

We found a 2 y/o beagle left behind by rabbit hunters two years ago, who we named Minnie Pearl. She and Boomer were a great pair! Minnie has been out of sorts for the last month, so we contacted a rescue that had an unwanted litter of lab-mix puppies (appears to be lab mixed with... lab, ... mixed with more lab... mixed with who knows). So Callie has a new home, and Minnie Pearl is thinking, "Wait a minute... this is not what I had in mind!".

CrabbyD,

Happy to see you and your old avatar making a return. Sorry to read that you lost one of your pups this year, but pleased to see that you were able to adopt a wee one again.

It's been more than a decade since I've had a dog, but I do my him.

When the boys grow a little more and life settles down we'll jump back into the pet pool.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Played a quick 18 this evening and accomplished a bizarre feat.

I had to extricate myself from the base of 8 trees during the round on 8 different holes. I was able to put partial swings on 6 of the shots and had to play left handed on the other two. Scrambled for 2 pars and 6 bogeys.

Also accomplished a feat I rarely achieve. I got up and down from a bunker on a par 5 to record a birdie. I vary rarely reach par 5's in two and struggle to get up and down from a bunker at the best of times.

Incredibly windy night with brief periods of rain. I look forward to an early morning round in the near future.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

Not being a golfer that uses a caddie, I would have thought without knowing your expertise, it would be difficult for them to give an accurate assessment of club selection. To my mind as a hacker the caddies job in your case would be more of course management rather than club selection.

Yeah I mean it really just depends. Good caddies can figure out someone's game pretty quick. They hung out with us on the range for a good bit of time prior to teeing off. So he got a very good sense of my game and I told him the distance I play for a handful of clubs. I am a decent player so I hit my clubs fairly consistently from a distance perspective. When I caddied at Muirfield I always found the better golfers were way easier to pick up on club selection early in the round. The consistency makes it easier. Well the only one that is easier is the really short hitter who has a go to club. Like my dad. The dude hits his hybrid from like anything over 150. Talk about an easy guy to caddie for. Hand him a driver, then a hybrid, then his 60* then his putter. Repeat on the next hole.

We lost my buddy, Boomer, in April, one month shy of his 10th birthday. Boomer was a yellow lab born with a heart defect, and we were told that he would be lucky to see two years old.

We found a 2 y/o beagle left behind by rabbit hunters two years ago, who we named Minnie Pearl. She and Boomer were a great pair! Minnie has been out of sorts for the last month, so we contacted a rescue that had an unwanted litter of lab-mix puppies (appears to be lab mixed with... lab, ... mixed with more lab... mixed with who knows). So Callie has a new home, and Minnie Pearl is thinking, "Wait a minute... this is not what I had in mind!".

Good lord that thing is cute!

Welcome Silver, the chair is already pulled out for you... what course it that a pic of in your avatar?

That was at Arcadia Bluffs in 2014

Thought maybe it was one around Columbus until I saw the hills...

Yeah we don't have hills, water, or beauty here (besides me of course...)

I had to smile. When I read her name, I automatically translated to my first language: Qualinette (A well established "after sinister clean-up" company.

That said, callin, with 1 (L), *câlin* is a HUG!

Looks like she's begging for one NOW :wub:

Good lord that thing is cute!

A Pupsicle! Dandy one to boot! Minnie Pearl will soon be ready for her new buddy to pounce!

Well what a day, just came back from my wife's favourite store. COSTCO. we only go there once a month so we have plenty of space in the house dedicated to storage. Fortunately, Friday is my main golf day so there is plenty of time to recover.

My golfing aim this year is to break 90, have had several rounds recently with a 42 43 44 for the first nine then blow out on one or two holes on the back nine. My main problem is I like playing but don't get upset when it all goes wrong, I say stuff this and treat it as a practice round so if it's obvious after 13 14 holes I am not going to achieve my aim I start trying out different shots.

I still feel I can improve as every now and then it all comes together and I play a series of holes really well, I suppose at my age I should be happy to be able to play. Being fit health and active always helps.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

CrabbyD,

Happy to see you and your old avatar making a return. Sorry to read that you lost one of your pups this year, but pleased to see that you were able to adopt a wee one again.

It's been more than a decade since I've had a dog, but I do my him.

When the boys grow a little more and life settles down we'll jump back into the pet pool.

Really good having pets around, we are nuts over cats and dogs. At present we have a boxer, a mini schnauzer two Siamese cats and a Burmese cat. Life gets interesting at times.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Wow, gardening, when we lived out in the country, about 13 years ago, we had several gardens (including an herb garden as well glk)... that's one of the things I miss most about being out there like that, we had 15 acres, it was very cool... here's a gardening pic my wife took, I was having more fun than it looks like, ha

Nice pic SSP,

It would be even better if we (all of us) unchecked the GolfWRX water mark Box, before posting. That thing takes the mood :blush: out of the picture/subject/theme, etc, etc, etc, etc. :cheesy:

How do you do that? I didn't see an option....

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)