Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

7 hours ago, miamistomp said:

Tourists are leaving. Course back to almost normal

Celebrate with Hank and Tom

Well they must be stopping here on the way back. I know supposedly the owner thanked the Canadians at the shootout last week. I was not there. I know my course is still crowded. Our league two day tournament has 55 players. They did book some snowflakes and told them it would be slow because of the Members league. On group of young bucks were behind us and complaining at the start on #1 since we were stacked up there. We were the last group on the front with the group start at 7:30 . We teed off at 8:20. Those Bucks hit into us 2 times and were verbally warned. From what I heard they complained at the clubhouse on the turn. They were told that they were warned about the League event in advance. They were offered a 9 hole rain check but refused. On 14 the 3 rd time happened and we promptly hit 3 of their balls in the water. They never drove up and left then and there They would never face to face confront us. One of our guys called the club house and informed them what was going down. They had the gall to go in and demand a full refund which was refused because they were told. The owner told them no and to never come back again. Now to give full credit the older ones in that situation just sit back and roll with the flow. When we got in it was bedlam with a bunch waiting on carts. I know the Canadians in our league who are "seasonal members" are going back in the next 2 weeks. We have like 4 or 5 of them and they are great folks to talk and play golf with. I know the Shootouts are supposedly "sold out" the next 2 weeks. My running partner Big Bear and I are tapped to fill in on another team and "the Kid" is tapped for another. I talked to the kid Monday and he said he was getting like he did not care if he played or not. Besides his Carolinas AM Tour Thing starts in May. Last week the wife and I played the Little Par 3 had lunch afterwards and had a blast. 

• Like 1

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

Have a good "Touron" story from last week on the Par 3. Had a couple show up from Quebec. I know I saw the license plates and heard them speaking French. LOL they unloaded 2 of those fancy 4 wheeled push cart things. They had the umbrella holders and put their umbrella things on them in the parking lot. We were waiting to tee off. I told the wife to watch this would be hilarious. This course is like 500 yards off the ocean and is always windy. We were on the first hole some 100 yards away when they got on the 1st tee. The wind grabbed hers and turned the whole shooting match over. She must not have had many clubs in that huge thing. His did not turn over but the wind bent the Umbrella straight up as in if it had been raining would have caught water. We howled. We did not see them anymore until #5. We were WTH? how did they get in front of us? Now the little course is tight but they have plenty of signs pointing to the next hole. We laughed and rested in the little Gazebo like we always do. Then they went back to like #3 and with no regard cut right directly in front of another group. I guess someone there called the club house. Now they do not have carts there but someone with the course rode out on a JD Gator cart. Saw a bunch of pointing and gesturing and he herded them over like cattle to #2. We sat and howled with laughter. We always take a break on the turn in the nice little area they have there. I will note we are absolutely not in any kind of hurry when we play there. I will note we saw several stand bags take a tumble. When we play there I carry a vintage Hoofer stand bag. I carry mine and her clubs 8 total sometimes 7 and like 2 spare balata balls for me and 2 for her. Had a guy seriously ask if I had the Hoofer weighted in the bottom? It was sitting there fine. I told him naah what you saw was what we had. He had like a full compliment of clubs in a Cally stand bag and said his had blown over 3 times.  I told him I had been playing Golf long enough and had common sense on how to properly set a stand bag in the wind. Got the patented Deer in The Headlights look. 

My wife went in to use the restroom and talked to the guy behind the desk. They laughed about the "cart people" My wife said she could not figure in any language why people could not follow arrows. He said it was simple that most Tourons needed a window in their belly like the cartoon Tele Tummies and it happens all the time up there. He said if we thought that was funny come up at night in Summer. They promote a party fun atmosphere with music all over the course and beer flowing. He said when they close they have to take the Gator out and check. He said many a time they have found people passed out all over the place. I think we will pass there

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Soloman1 said:

doing spaghetti tonight.

when the pasta goes into the water, i throw onions, freshly crushed tomatoes, garlic and basil into a hot skillet with some evoo, keep stirring and it’s ready when the pasta is. a little shaved parmesan and all is right with the world. super fresh topping.

add a salad and garlic toast.

money game tomorrow, need some carbs. took out an old set of _______’s to the range yesterday and they were epic.

epic.

Try this no cook sauce, wife make in summer. Eat like half a pound of it with a 🥖 

Ya mix the ingredients in a bowl and just toss it into the hot pasta pot and mix it up together. Done. 

And it’s insane good leftover cold right out of fridge 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/penne-with-no-cook-tomato-sauce-and-mozzarella-12742134.amp

IMG_2431.jpeg

Edited by bscinstnct
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soloman1 said:

i think time (era), place and circumstances play a big part in all our choices. there was a time when you weren’t a real golf competitor if you didn’t have a rolex. sounds stupid, but some truth to it.

anyway, i make my ladies buy my watches. 🙂

You know. I laughed at your ladies watch comment. But then I thought.  I’ve only bought one watch.  And it’s a Waltham US military from 1940 ish vintage.  Original crystal and an NOS military band.  All other watches I’ve owned my wife bought for me and I rarely if ever wear one.  One being an Apple Watch.  I guess she’s trying to jazz me up 🤣.  I usually wear the Waltham if I put one on.  

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

33 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

The only watch I wear anymore is my Shotscope watch when I'm playing golf. I do have a cool old pocket watch that was handed down to me that was my grandfathers. He was a engineer for the Western Railroad in the early 1900's. I'm not sure how old the watch is but he passed in 1963 at the ripe old age of 93.

That’s me now, except mine is a Garmin. Every now and then, I’ll wear it when not playing golf, but that’s rare. I was given a Rolex as a corporate award (along with a matching one for Mrs. Lindy) and used to wear it all the time. But I’ve never really liked it. It keeps horrible time, even when kept in one of those cases that spins it around. 

When I retired, my team gave me an Apple Watch, but they weren’t aware that I had just switched to a Samsung phone. So it became Mrs. Lindy’s watch. It’s almost 7 years old and she still wears it.

In retirement, the light of the day is my primary timekeeper. It’s even harder keeping track of the day of the week.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Since I've retired I've that to be true. I have to really think about what day it is sometimes.

I can relate. Fortunately my iPhone and tablet show the day and time. For my whole working life I lived by my appointment book, now I don’t even own one. I have been retired for almost 7 years now.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Hickory4ever said:

For my whole working life I lived by my appointment book, now I don’t even own one.

At the end of my career, my Outlook calendar was booked in 5 minute increments. Most days didn’t have an open minute for about a 12 hour period - 7am-7pm. So stupid. It’s not like lives depended on what I was doing. A golfing buddy of mine who had retired really early after selling his business used to make fun of me. Now I understand.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Triple Lindy said:

Is that how he throws a football? 

Yes!

You throw a football “from your ear”

Thats a huge oversimplification but it’s basically a far shorter throwing motion than baseball. It’s more efficient and time to release is a big factor

And in baseball there much more latitude to throw from a “3/4” angle or even sidearm. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

Since I've retired I've found that to be true. I have to really think about what day it is sometimes.

I am the same way and really do not care unless it is golf league or doing my thing on Sundays. I do have a paper date planner with stuff written down that I WANT to do which BTW is little per say. I do my own thing like go to the course when I want and work in the yard or shop when I want to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

🤣

Remind me of

Listen to this video.  He made the dead bird  his logo for his photography company 😂

• Haha 3

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

19 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

Believe it or not I actually have a Rolex. I won it like 30 years ago in an golf event. I have worn it maybe 3 times. The last 20 years it has been in a safety deposit box at my bank along with Granddaddy's pocket watch. I think the last time I checked that watch was worth maybe 5K a cheapie in the Rolex world for sure. Like my tool boxes I got rid of recently I have not turned the lock on that box in more than 10 years. I never wore a watch per say because when sweating it always irritated my wrist. since I retired I hardly carry the cell phone. I have clocks at the house and know where I am going and what time I need to be there. Basically like when I was trucking I go from point A to B and leave in plenty of time to get there. I am retired and refuse to rush like a motorized Sparrow. I am not slow but do not get in a hurry. I do not get all these old retired farts rushing in the store and then getting on the road and driving 25 in a 45 zone. 

Edit I had forgotten I have a Swatch watch from the 80s you know the ones that are clear that shows all the gears. My wife bought it for me the first Christmas we were together. I told her I did not wear a watch. She said maybe I would start. LOL I never did. In those days I did carry a cheap pocket watch which I kept to be on time to pick her up going out. But by Christmas we had moved in together anyhow. I know the Swatch is in the box and I think my cheap pocket watch is in there too

You may want to check on the value of that Rolex. Even an Air King or Datejust cannot be found for $5k unless beat to hell and back and to hell again. If yours has been sitting in a bank box it’s not beat up and might be worth more than you think! 👍🏼

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle