2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2016 US Open Discussion Thread

PZero

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SkyGo on in the office for the afternoon should keep me going!

Some first round from Lee Westwood. Sleeper pick for the week?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

What do they use to do shot tracer from the fairway? Some kind of Doppler? Is it the same as off the tee?

I ask because I love it.

I heard they had ST on 14 tees + 2 "roving" devices?...so I guess they are some kind of portable that they can set down behind the fairway shot?

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Boy. Featured group #1 stunk it up.

2 wasn't much better.

Group1: 18 over par and all three mostly out of the tournament.

Group2: 4 over par and all three still very much in the mix.

You do the math.

No need to do math. You did it for me.

I didn't actually watch group two. I just didn't think group one played all that well.

Boy. Featured group #1 stunk it up.

2 wasn't much better.

Group1: 18 over par and all three mostly out of the tournament.

Group2: 4 over par and all three still very much in the mix.

You do the math.

No need to do math. You did it for me.

I didn't actually watch group two. I just didn't think group one played all that well.

Huh?

I know it would be really difficult to do but, the US Open s/b scheduled for another time of the year. When it is played in the NE area of the USA, the weather makes it a nightmare!! :crazy: So much of what countless thousands of people and businesses pay for and expect to receive, they never get! This US Open in Oakmont is a perfect example! How do you follow a "Fiasco" like this? I paid a lot of money for a complete USGA package for the 09 US Open at Bethpage Black. It took 8 days to complete with a Monday finish because of RAIN, and many things that I paid for, I never received, and many of our plans were ruined because of the back up and schedule changes. You can't control the weather but you can increase the odds of good weather by having the championship at a different time of the year. Just Sayin' :rolleyes:

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best
G10 Pings - D 9*, 3W 15.5*, H 18*, 4-PW, 50*, 54*, 58*
Redwood Zing
Titleist ProV1

I know it would be really difficult to do but, the US Open s/b scheduled for another time of the year. When it is played in the NE area of the USA, the weather makes it a nightmare!! :crazy: So much of what countless thousands of people and businesses pay for and expect to receive, they never get! This US Open in Oakmont is a perfect example! How do you follow a "Fiasco" like this? I paid a lot of money for a complete USGA package for the 09 US Open at Bethpage Black. It took 8 days to complete with a Monday finish because of RAIN, and many things that I paid for, I never received, and many of our plans were ruined because of the back up and schedule changes. You can't control the weather but you can increase the odds of good weather by having the championship at a different time of the year. Just Sayin' :rolleyes:

You went all in for the 2009 Open, knowing full well the location of the tournament and the likely weather in the area that time of year. You don't have much to complain about. Just sayin'

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Titleist 910D3 Tour AD-DI
Titleist 910F 19* Project X
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW KBS Tour-V
Titleist SM5 50*F/54*M/58*K KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Select Newport[/font]

June is the second driest month of the year for the Northeast so unless you think having it in February is a good idea then June is the best time. The Open isn't moving from July and The Masters isn't moving from April. That leaves May(wetter), August(same as June really but you would have to switch with the PGA so you aren't really accomplishing much or September/October(which brings hurricane season into play and could result in a total washout and would compete with football for viewers which is bad for the bottom line).

June is the second driest month of the year for the Northeast so unless you think having it in February is a good idea then June is the best time. The Open isn't moving from July and The Masters isn't moving from April. That leaves May(wetter), August(same as June really but you would have to switch with the PGA so you aren't really accomplishing much or September/October(which brings hurricane season into play and could result in a total washout and would compete with football for viewers which is bad for the bottom line).

Or they could move it from the Northeast. There are hundreds of courses all over the USA that could host a US Open after the USGA invest big bucks like they did at Bethpage.

I just checked Rory's score and he just collapsed. What happened? I can't stream it at work.

Not sure you can say he collapsed.. He never was off to a good start to begin with.. What happened is he didn't golf well.

Hmmm.... He didn't PLAY GOLF well.

Hmmm... my bad, didn't realize the grammar police were here lol

Or they could move it from the Northeast. There are hundreds of courses all over the USA that could host a US Open after the USGA invest big bucks like they did at Bethpage.

They do. It's only in the northeast about a third of the time now that is more than most but it where a lot of the best courses are. Last year was pacific northwest, the year before in the southeast, northeast the year before and then the west coast. Next year it is in Wisconsin then it alternates northeast and west coast until it goes back to Pinehurst.

I just checked Rory's score and he just collapsed. What happened? I can't stream it at work.

Not sure you can say he collapsed.. He never was off to a good start to begin with.. What happened is he didn't golf well.

Hmmm.... He didn't PLAY GOLF well.

"He didn't play well." That he played golf is implied by the rest of the conversation.

Word economy. I'm joking if you're joking.

They do. It's only in the northeast about a third of the time now that is more than most but it where a lot of the best courses are. Last year was pacific northwest, the year before in the southeast, northeast the year before and then the west coast. Next year it is in Wisconsin then it alternates northeast and west coast until it goes back to Pinehurst.

While we're at it, let's move the British Open to Greece.

MOTHER NATURE DON'T G.A.F.!

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

But did you pay $37.28 for parking? Because that would be too much.

#nomorefinchem

Anyone know when JDay switched to smedium size shirts? look like they're gonna cut of his circulation

A lot of Euro players do that too. Kaymer, Villegas. It's like they have the sleeves customed tailored to be as tight as possible.