Tyson Lamb Putters & Crafts

No one is asking you to buy, support or even like Lamb products.

They will be fine without you or anyone else that can only complain.

We get it. He does not make enough putters for everyone to get one.. frustrating

You cannot just call or place order

If anyone wants a putter right meow.. hit up table rock.

In the meantime, collectors are filling their walls with covers,

Markers and putters.

We have heard that one before but it is a "public forum"... As far as collectors goes,not sure on that, I see many accessories for sale daily. This could all be solved by making more putters, current ratio is 95% trinkets, accessories or whatever you choose to call it and 5% actual putters. I love putters and obviously Tyson can make some quality putters but I for one would like to see more putter work, less talk and games.

Yep and there is a reason this one has been moderated a few times. I usually try to stay out of the mud slinging but it is a broken record on both sides.

People are buying stuff to flip. The second market has been making a good amount of money.

Will it continue? No clue.

Is there a need for more putters.. absolutely.

Will we see this.. fans believe so.

So I will be waiting to see but trinkets are selling out in minutes.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So funny.

Just had significant putter, tool, and head cover releases and people are still hot about about supply issues and bickering with each other and everything sells out in seconds. So awesome.

I bet when Tyson reads this thread, which he undoubtedly does, he must just laugh and throw $10,000 dollar bundles of hundred dollar bills in the air and revel in his incredible good fortune. I hope so anyway. I certainly would.

30 putters at an average of $2000. $60,000

250 covers at $175 and more coming $43,750

400 tools at $125 and more coming. $50,000

$153,750 in the last two weeks and 20 more putters coming soon. $200,000+ in less than a month!! Tyson, I don’t own a thing of yours and I probably never will, but you are absolutely freaking killing it and I think the story is a lot of fun to follow. Happy 30th birthday! If people stay pissed off you know you’re doing something right!! LOL!

So funny.

Just had significant putter, tool, and head cover releases and people are still hot about about supply issues and bickering with each other and everything sells out in seconds. So awesome.

I bet when Tyson reads this thread, which he undoubtedly does, he must just laugh and throw $10,000 dollar bundles of hundred dollar bills in the air and revel in his incredible good fortune. I hope so anyway. I certainly would.

$153,750 in the last two weeks and 20 more putters coming soon. $200,000+ in less than a month!! Tyson, I don’t own a thing of yours and I probably never will, but you are absolutely freaking killing it and I think the story is a lot of fun to follow. Happy 30th birthday! If people stay pissed off you know you’re doing something right!! LOL!

Going from what I have read here, has 2 CNC Machines, the type needed to produce the items he sells, to include putters, cost well into the 1 Million ( if anyone knows please correct me ), he does his own finishing, the equipment to blue steel is not cheap, The covers he has to outsource so, lets say 50% markup like most golf equipment. Plus the cost of materials to make said goods and putters,,,,,,,,,,,,, $200,000+ a month is enough to make payments on the loans to buy said equipment and materials.

Or am I way off?

Like I have said before, this thread is very interesting to me since I tried getting a putter from Lamb about a year ago with no responses to my communications and having have "survived" the SC revolution from the Yahoo days until about 6 years ago,,,,

So funny.

Going from what I have read here, has 2 CNC Machines, the type needed to produce the items he sells, to include putters, cost well into the 1 Million ( if anyone knows please correct me ), he does his own finishing, the equipment to blue steel is not cheap, The covers he has to outsource so, lets say 50% markup like most golf equipment. Plus the cost of materials to make said goods and putters,,,,,,,,,,,,, $200,000+ a month is enough to make payments on the loans to buy said equipment and materials.

Or am I way off?

Like I have said before, this thread is very interesting to me since I tried getting a putter from Lamb about a year ago with no responses to my communications and having have "survived" the SC revolution from the Yahoo days until about 6 years ago,,,,

What type/manufacturer of machines does he have? Anyone know?

So funny.

Or am I way off?

What type/manufacturer of machines does he have? Anyone know?

Haas v4fss

His milling machines absolutely do not cost a million dollars, they can be found for under $100,000. Torched finishes aren't expensive to create. You're massively overestimating his cost

iTeach is correct on what he's saying. Depending on machine, they can ballpark for $100,000 or so, depending on manufacturer and model, new or used. Torched finishes literally just require a torch. Materials (carbon steel, stainless steel) aren't expensive at all. I say this as someone who had a father who rand a machine shop, and as someone who is in the custom folding knife hobby world, with friends that have this type of equipment and buy similar materials (different tool steels, high performance stainless steels, stainless damascus, timascus, moku-ti, etc) to produce very high end ($1500 up to $5000-$7000) pocket knives. The costs of the machinery and materials should be very similar. And I can tell you exactly how much the headcovers cost to make, as I have them made in much smaller batches (so theoretically my wholesale costs should be even higher) for my golf course.

That being said, there is nothing wrong (IMO) for someone charging whatever the market will bear for using these tools and materials to create art. I know the costs usually down to within $10-$20 of the materials/etc that go into the custom knives I've bought, and it's nowhere near the thousands I've spent on each one. But doesn't stop me from buying it, as I can't make them myself and I appreciate the artistry.

So funny.

Or am I way off?

way off. Like the other guy said, you can get that CNC machine for under 100k, its the haas vf4ss. My question to you, is did you just randomly make up those dollar amounts? Or where did you get them from? I dont understand when people post like you did, on a subject you aren't familiar with a claim that is at the other end of the spectrum of reality.

Mostly PING clubs, with TaylorMade woods.

The cost isn't in the machines to do the work, the cost is in the work. That is not cheap machining being done, most importantly, because it is not done at high volumes that is further along the avg cost curve. There is a lot of labor intensive setup being done. As it scales it becomes cheaper, but then also becomes less special.....to some customers.

So funny.

Or am I way off?

way off. Like the other guy said, you can get that CNC machine for under 100k, its the haas vf4ss. My question to you, is did you just randomly make up those dollar amounts? Or where did you get them from? I dont understand when people post like you did, on a subject you aren't familiar with a claim that is at the other end of the spectrum of reality.

Did I ever say I was an expert? mmmmmmmmm,,, no,,,, did you see the line where I say “Or am I off?”,,,,, To answer your question, I googled , I read, read how much some machines can run,,, and guessedtimated,,, now my question to you, Why did you have to ride someone else’s answers instead of stating your own facts or experience? The other two gentlemen simply stated what their knowledge is about the subject,which adds to the conversation,,,, I don’t understand posts like yours who’s intention appears to be to try to demean or insult someone else’s opinion.

His milling machines absolutely do not cost a million dollars, they can be found for under $100,000. Torched finishes aren't expensive to create. You're massively overestimating his cost

iTeach is correct on what he's saying. Depending on machine, they can ballpark for $100,000 or so, depending on manufacturer and model, new or used. Torched finishes literally just require a torch. Materials (carbon steel, stainless steel) aren't expensive at all. I say this as someone who had a father who rand a machine shop, and as someone who is in the custom folding knife hobby world, with friends that have this type of equipment and buy similar materials (different tool steels, high performance stainless steels, stainless damascus, timascus, moku-ti, etc) to produce very high end ($1500 up to $5000-$7000) pocket knives. The costs of the machinery and materials should be very similar. And I can tell you exactly how much the headcovers cost to make, as I have them made in much smaller batches (so theoretically my wholesale costs should be even higher) for my golf course.

That being said, there is nothing wrong (IMO) for someone charging whatever the market will bear for using these tools and materials to create art. I know the costs usually down to within $10-$20 of the materials/etc that go into the custom knives I've bought, and it's nowhere near the thousands I've spent on each one. But doesn't stop me from buying it, as I can't make them myself and I appreciate the artistry.

Is that for a machine ready to start working or is there attachments or other tools required to start machining a product? Is there different attachments or tools for different metals?

Thanks

Is that for a machine ready to start working or is there attachments or other tools required to start machining a product? Is there different attachments or tools for different metals? Thanks

A Haas VF-4SS base price is $77,995...adding their High Performance package, the best "stock" package Haas offers, adds $41,050. He'd still need need to buy the tools for different metals and with different widths/depths.

Now if it were me, I'd be running Mastercam which is an amazing program that takes what you've drawn in say, SolidWorks (an amazing CAD program), and creates the program for you to run parts, ie putters, on your Haas. A SolidWorks license is $3995, the yearly subscription for tech support and upgrades is $1295. Mastercam is going to run anywhere from $4000-$40,000 for a seat, which is the program for one computer.

I don't know why I keep coming back to check on this thread.

I just want to see some fancy putters. I don't care how much this guy "borrows". Everyone does. His putters are badass.

But all I see in here is the urinal...

I’ll be getting something out of this in the near future.

Titleist - 917-D3, 8.5 - AD BB-6X
Titleist - 917-F, 15 - AD BB-7X
Titleist - 916 T-MB 2 Iron - AD DI-105x
BB&F Co - DW - CB, 4-P - TI AMT X100
BB&F Co - DW - 53 & 58
Lamb Crafted - Allendale
MacKenzie - Sugarloaf Walker

My guess is Tyson has closer to 175k-200k into each machine when its all said and done (tools, software, etc). For his covers, I know he uses better materials than pretty much every other manufacturer. i think $200 is still a bit steep but they are crazy good quality and I have multiple of them. Id love to see more covers in the 100-150 price point. Kid does great work though.

My guess is Tyson has closer to 175k-200k into each machine when its all said and done (tools, software, etc). For his covers, I know he uses better materials than pretty much every other manufacturer. i think $200 is still a bit steep but they are crazy good quality and I have multiple of them. Id love to see more covers in the 100-150 price point. Kid does great work though.

$200 is definitely steep, there are still covers on his site available at that price. Of course the stars cover he just released would have flown outta there at $200, but $175 seems to be the sweet spot. Guessing the days of $100 "stock" covers are over.

Also, the Greyson-Lamb cover is still on sale for $225 at Greyson's site and it has been out for three months!

At $175-$200 a cover, he is making sure he gets the profits from his headcovers instead of the flippers making all the money. Most of his covers still sell out at that price point, but the secondary market hasn't been very good for his last several covers. So instead of putting out a cover for $100 and then seeing people flip them for 100% profit, he charges $175-200 and the flippers can't make anything off it because nobody is paying over $200 for his latest releases.

He seems to be using the same strategy with his ball markers and repair tools because they are more expensive now than before. I was very happy with the repair tool I got from his last release, and the customer service was fantastic when I wanted to customize it. But it was $125! Even in the rarefied air of the collectible market, that's pricey.

At $175-$200 a cover, he is making sure he gets the profits from his headcovers instead of the flippers making all the money. Most of his covers still sell out at that price point, but the secondary market hasn't been very good for his last several covers. So instead of putting out a cover for $100 and then seeing people flip them for 100% profit, he charges $175-200 and the flippers can't make anything off it because nobody is paying over $200 for his latest releases.

He seems to be using the same strategy with his ball markers and repair tools because they are more expensive now than before. I was very happy with the repair tool I got from his last release, and the customer service was fantastic when I wanted to customize it. But it was $125! Even in the rarefied air of the collectible market, that's pricey.

The Lambs are on record saying they don't care about flippers, and I believe them. Frankly they should appreciate that their stuff has that kind of value; Lambassador money and "investor" money spends the same on their site. But I agree with you that the cover prices squeeze the flippers, though I'll be curious to see what the latest U.S. Open themed cover brings. It will be well north of $200.

Customizing the repair tools definitely cuts down on flipping. I'm sure some buyers were frustrated that they couldn't just buy one as-is.

I have been buying Tysons stuff since 2016 or so and I have sold stuff for more money then what its worth and I can't believe people pay that much. All the money I make I usually turn right around and give back or put into my putter fund for when I can get something a little more custom done. But im patient and happy with my current putter so no hurry.

I have been buying Tysons stuff since 2016 or so and I have sold stuff for more money then what its worth and I can't believe people pay that much. All the money I make I usually turn right around and give back or put into my putter fund for when I can get something a little more custom done. But im patient and happy with my current putter so no hurry.

That's how Warren Buffet became big... he always said "reinvest your profits" ... interesting tactic.

I don't know why I keep coming back to check on this thread.

I just want to see some fancy putters. I don't care how much this guy "borrows". Everyone does. His putters are badass.

But all I see in here is the urinal...

I’ll be getting something out of this in the near future.

Has that Odyssey look in the cavity.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

I was one of the lucky 30 or so to have a quick trigger finger and get one of the putters that recently went up for sale. I got one of the custom Allendales. About 1.5 weeks after the purchase, I got a call from Tana to go through all of the custom specs on the putter. I wasn't sure what to expect since I know how busy they are but she took a ton of time to walk through each step with me. She literally walked through the shop and went over every possible option for headcovers and grips. She also ran over to ask Tyson's opinion on paintfill color for the sightline. I've done some custom builds in the past with other makers but this was definitely a unique experience and had a real family-run feel too it which I liked.

I'm not sure when to expect the putter but I saw mine pop up on Tyson's IG story yesterday and the bumpers have been stamped and painted. Mine is the "Aim Small" one that was in a few videos and photos with red paint.

I have tried a few times and through a few channels to get a custom putter done by Tyson and happened to luck out this time. I'm certainly not in the inner circle and I'd have to say that the process to get this one done has been worth the wait.

I was one of the lucky 30 or so to have a quick trigger finger and get one of the putters that recently went up for sale. I got one of the custom Allendales. About 1.5 weeks after the purchase, I got a call from Tana to go through all of the custom specs on the putter. I wasn't sure what to expect since I know how busy they are but she took a ton of time to walk through each step with me. She literally walked through the shop and went over every possible option for headcovers and grips. She also ran over to ask Tyson's opinion on paintfill color for the sightline. I've done some custom builds in the past with other makers but this was definitely a unique experience and had a real family-run feel too it which I liked.

I'm not sure when to expect the putter but I saw mine pop up on Tyson's IG story yesterday and the bumpers have been stamped and painted. Mine is the "Aim Small" one that was in a few videos and photos with red paint.

I have tried a few times and through a few channels to get a custom putter done by Tyson and happened to luck out this time. I'm certainly not in the inner circle and I'd have to say that the process to get this one done has been worth the wait.

Congrats, hope the putter turns out great. I'm sure it will. I hope he continues to sell 30-50 putters a month so that he can get more putters out there. I have a couple Lamb headcovers but won't use them without a Lamb putter. I'm hoping I can be quick enough and snag one of the full customs when they get released next time. Your putter looks great so far, hope you get it soon!

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron