2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Titleist is failing in this game theory strategy. Lately, Titleist has deployed an army of paid LPGA, PGA pros to push V or X in the television ads.

Costco understood that the average amateur cares about Price in buying performance golf balls. Consistency is null in that decision making process. It's funny, will Titleist explain to Jim Furyk why he dunked 3 pro v1x on 17 during the Players? What happened to consistency?

Titleist needs to review its cost of goods sold and cut the price to $30.00

This article would have worked in the pre internet era, customers are smart in researching for the best of the $.

Praise Costco....

Mizuno MP 37 3i-pw
Mizuno MP 64 3i -pw
Ping G25
Scotty Newport
Cleveland wedges
Prov1x

Titleist is failing in this game theory strategy. Lately, Titleist has deployed an army of paid LPGA, PGA pros to push V or X in the television ads.

Costco understood that the average amateur cares about Price in buying performance golf balls. Consistency is null in that decision making process. It's funny, will Titleist explain to Jim Furyk why he dunked 3 pro v1x on 17 during the Players? What happened to consistency?

This article would have worked in the pre internet era, customers are smart in researching for the best of the $.

Praise Costco....

az8m98Z_700b.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

Praise Costco....

Customers whose first priority is getting GOOD stuff as cheaply as possible shop at Costco. It's why Costco is a huge, successful and growing enterprise. There are millions of such consumers.

The disconnect in this kind of discussion comes when that type of consumer is faced with the fact that somebody is out there buying all those expensive golf balls. It just doesn't compute because some people can't possibly for a moment believe that anyone doesn't consider price the most important thing about a golf ball. In fact it computes quite easily...

Some people see a $30 double-dozen and that's the only ball they want, the only ball they would ever want and the only issue is that they can only buy them on about a dozen random days a year. But's that's worth dealing with because it's such a great bargain if you can get it.

Other people see a Titleist golf ball, just like the guys on Tour play and that's the only ball they ever want. The only issue is the high price but it's worth it because they want it that badly.

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who think everyone must want the same things they want and those who realize that other people are going to do what other people are going to do.

[EDIT]Added "GOOD" to the first sentence lest anyone think I don't sufficiently appreciate Costco's excellent reputation.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

Customers whose first priority is getting stuff quality products as cheaply as possible at value driven prices shop at Costco. It's why Costco is a huge, successful and growing enterprise. There are millions of such consumers.

Fixed that for you. Costco is by no means the "cheapest" out there on just "stuff" but they do offer some really good values on name brand items as well as offering Kirkland branded alternatives which are often as good or better than the name branded items. In the end they are about value, not the cheapest price which of course are two different things.

But I do agree with you in spirit. In the end everyone will play what they prefer and some will always prefer the Titleist, Srixon, Taylormade or other quality golf ball even if it means spending a bit more or waiting for a sale price or other bargain on them. Nothing wrong with choosing any of those or the Kirkland's. It's all about preference and all these balls perform pretty well. A great example of this in this thread is Cloverhead's liking Wilson Duo's. Myself, I found the Duo to be a mush melon of a ball and I lost too much distance and feel with it. Pretty much to each his own in the end.

Wow, good on you guys who say $150K isn't big bucks !!

What keeps getting lost here is that Costco and Kirkland Signature are about value, not Professional golfers.

Considering all the comparisons to the ProV line, and at a price point even the cheaper ball makers can't match, I think they have done exactly what they wanted to do.

It isn't about price. Anyone can put out a cheap ball. It's about value. A great ball at a great price.

I can understand the appeal of the KSig. Really I do. A good to great ball apparently at a great price. What I cannot wrap my head around is the number of guys praising the Ksig, and doing a bit of bashing the guys that pay more for TM or Pro V, but have TM M1's drivers or Cameron putters in their signature/bag. Thread after thread after thread talks about drivers being maxed out and yet Ksig users have the latest. And a Cameron Newport is certainly no better than a $30 Ping Anser.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

The Ksig is a good ball, no better then pro v1's, and the price point again doesnt make it a value, I keep looking at ebay, and the price of them is 30'some a dozen maybe 40...not a value anymore..doesnt look like we will see them back in Costco's anytime soon, and if they are, will they be at $30 for a double dozen? i dont see it....just sayin

I can understand the appeal of the KSig. Really I do. A good to great ball apparently at a great price. What I cannot wrap my head around is the number of guys praising the Ksig, and doing a bit of bashing the guys that pay more for TM or Pro V, but have TM M1's drivers or Cameron putters in their signature/bag. Thread after thread after thread talks about drivers being maxed out and yet Ksig users have the latest. And a Cameron Newport is certainly no better than a $30 Ping Anser.

Fair question.

For me, the difference is that golf balls are disposable via wedge/tree/path damage or lost. I play about 100 rounds per year. I will not play second hand golf balls (lake damage unknown).

So, assuming 100 lost balls:

New retail Titliest - $440

New Kirkland $157

If the choice is between those two, and I give up nothing on performance, the choice is kind of obvious.

I see your point on equipment in that a 35 dollar putter, probably just as good. BUT, We all like shiney nice equipment, part of the alure for golf IMO..

Also, was thinking about my math above...this really only matters for those who play golf a LOT.

If your the kind of guy that does it socially once every few weeks or so..saving money on balls probably does not matter at all. In fact the Kirkland's could be socially detrimental in some circles.

Buy if you REALLY like golf, as in full on golf bum, and play a lot. You save enough on balls to buy a putter, or some wedges each year..

Played a K-Sig for all 18 holes today, held up pretty well as a far as durability, was good into a pretty good wind on a few holes. Shot 71 without making a putt over 6 feet

that's effin good. nice round.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

The Ksig is a good ball, no better then pro v1's, and the price point again doesnt make it a value, I keep looking at ebay, and the price of them is 30'some a dozen maybe 40...not a value anymore..doesnt look like we will see them back in Costco's anytime soon, and if they are, will they be at $30 for a double dozen? i dont see it....just sayin

I didn't realize Breed has so many different golfwrx accounts.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

I didn't realize Breed has so many different golfwrx accounts.

You know, by my count that's the 70th time that comment has been posted. Guess for some people it never gets old. I am not one of those people.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

SInce last October there has been 4 or 5 opportunities to buy them. (5 I think). By that ratio, you can expect to possibly get them once every couple of months.

Also with the Performance One ball on the USGA conforming list, there may be another KSIG coming.... possibly.

Would I pay $40 a dozen on ebay? No... Not when I can get 2 dozen B330S or Srixon XV for about $60. However I have no doubt the Ksig will be available again before the US Open. (either online or in select stores)

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

SInce last October there has been 4 or 5 opportunities to buy them. (5 I think). By that ratio, you can expect to possibly get them once every couple of months.

Also with the Performance One ball on the USGA conforming list, there may be another KSIG coming.... possibly.

Would I pay $40 a dozen on ebay? No... Not when I can get 2 dozen B330S or Srixon XV for about $60. However I have no doubt the Ksig will be available again before the US Open. (either online or in select stores)

But will it be THE Ksig? Or Ksig2? Will Junior be as good? Perhaps.

To The above... Saving cash is always good, of course. I too play over 100 rounds per year. But I look at it like this rather than total cost. I generally use one ball per round. Often a ball will last two or even into a third round. But at worst I'm looking at $4 a round versus $1.25. Negligible difference.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

Where has anyone bashed the guys that pay more for balls? Show me the posts where these "number of guys" are doing the bashing.

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Where has anyone bashed the guys that pay more for balls? Show me the posts where these "number of guys" are doing the bashing.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Good one. I'd say you "win". :lol:

I'm sure Shilgy's gonna go through 9,000+ posts to prove it to you. :rolleyes:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 10.5 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

He won't be doing that. There has been an abundance of misguided inference in this thread, and that is just another example.

Just wondering, has anyone made a hole-in-one with the K-Sig? If so, how many?

This is one area I am extremely disappointed in the K-sig. I attribute it to the consistency of the ball. Comparative data:

ProV1x - 0

Z STARS - 0

Chrome plus - 0

K-sig - 0

Terrible. F Minus. Pretty much worst ball ever. Also, spins less then my top flight XL-3000 which compares much better to the pro-v1. Hit one into a soft green from 85 yards with a 60 degree wedge pured and it zipped FORWARD off the BACK of the green. Also about 100 yards shorter with driver than the XL-3000. Not even close to the Prov. Had one break in half off the tee with driver, the left half sliced and the right half hooked - inconsistent.

THIS^ All day!

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I still cannot believe how good this ball is, but I have found a few balls that seem off.

Last weekend, I hit a perfect 90% PW and 8 iron into the green on back to back holes only to walk up to the green and find that they rolled through the green when the mark was within 10 feet. Turned two birdie opportunities into a bogey and a double. Swapped the ball out on the next hole, and stuck a two all out 6 irons to within 6 feet on the next two holes. Cost me a shot at my first ever 36 on 9.

My plan is to play a couple of tournaments this summer, and I think I would go play Z-Stars.