2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I have decided to save the Kirkland V3's for fall golf when I lose them under leaves. They still spin like crazy and I've lost distance which I sorely need. The Titleist AVX is gonna be put back in the bag. I don't lose a lot of balls until fall so I've spend a little extra for the AVX's.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

4 hours ago, elwhippy said:

One of the great WRX mysteries. People will pay big money for clubs, shoes, apparel and accessories, but baulk at paying good money for ammo. Would you put cheap Vietnamese tyres on your family car? 

There is a huge difference between inexpensive and cheap

• Like 3

image.png.96dfc1a322d2f6ce9ea9b0646a0eba06.png

Cobra LTDx 9º Driver HZRDUS Blue RDX 6.5 

Cobra Radspeed 3wood 14½º Motore X F3 6S

Bullet Ti-Lies 7wood (mid 1990's) Harrison Pro shaft XS

2023 Cobra King Tec Utility 2 iron 17º KBS $-Taper Lite stiff

2023 Cobra King Tour 4-GW Nippon Pro Modus³ Tour 105s

Kirkland V2 Wedges

2024 Odyssey AI Cruiser Jailbird

Winn Dri-Tac Wrap Standard grips

Kirkland V3 Performance Plus | Callaway ERC soft | Vice Pro/Plus 

13 hours ago, braincramp52 said:

I have decided to save the Kirkland V3's for fall golf when I lose them under leaves. They still spin like crazy and I've lost distance which I sorely need. The Titleist AVX is gonna be put back in the bag. I don't lose a lot of balls until fall so I've spend a little extra for the AVX's.

I know this is a Kirkland thread but if the lower spinning AVX is what you need, try the Maxfli Tour S.  Supposedly nearly indistinguishable from the AVX.  At 2 for $70 or the 4 doz. box for $120 they are $20 - $25 cheaper per dozen. 

14 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

I know this is a Kirkland thread but if the lower spinning AVX is what you need, try the Maxfli Tour S.  Supposedly nearly indistinguishable from the AVX.  At 2 for $70 or the 4 doz. box for $120 they are $20 - $25 cheaper per dozen. 

Thanks. Honestly I don't mind paying a little extra buying balls from my course. I like supporting local shops. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

3 minutes ago, braincramp52 said:

Thanks. Honestly I don't mind paying a little extra buying balls from my course. I like supporting local shops. 

But, is it worth the cost of losing your soul to the Dark Side?

• Haha 4

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

15 hours ago, elwhippy said:

One of the great WRX mysteries. People will pay big money for clubs, shoes, apparel and accessories, but baulk at paying good money for ammo. Would you put cheap Vietnamese tyres on your family car? 

Different strokes for different folks?  Some people consider diminishing returns, recurring vs fixed costs, are on a budget, ...

7 minutes ago, wantacigar said:

How much did it cost you?  Last Costco golf ball run I made cost me $200

I did better than you $197...

• Haha 1

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics 722E

5w - Sub 70 949X

4H - Ping G425

4-6i i200s

7-UW i210s

56*, 60* - Sub 70 286

Putter - Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Ball - Vice Pro Zero 

21 hours ago, Unteachable said:

Are people still playing the original 4 piece ball that was the first version to come out?  I was in my golf closet and saw I still have 8 dozen still in the box that I never played because I like the zstar xv and tour bx.  I dont even remember how they performed its been so long since I used them

They are probably collectors items, lol.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

The original 4 piece ksig is a great ball. I would play it or sell on the bay. It was neck and neck with whatever current year prov1x was out. My guess is slightly less spinny than the current v3.

Driver: Sim OG 8* (-2g), Diamana ZF 40x

3wood: Sim Ti Rocket @13*, Aldila NV Green 55x

5wood: Sim Ti @18*, Aldila NV Green 55x

4i-GW: Ke4 Max (-8g), SMT Bassara 65x +1"

SW: CBX2 52*, Rotex Precision 90g wedge flex

LW: Tour Grind MG 60*

P: 2013 Scotty Cameron Newport Black, Pistolero

Grips: Lamkin Crossline 58r Standard

Ball: TP5X 2019/2024

1 hour ago, enfuego said:

The original 4 piece ksig is a great ball. I would play it or sell on the bay. It was neck and neck with whatever current year prov1x was out. My guess is slightly less spinny than the current v3.

Stolen from a 2016 Youtube video, from the Site Which Shall Not Be Named, comparing it to the Pro V1:

image.png.0ec15b0b48746fae40c0ce5525426113.png

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

41 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

Stolen from a 2016 Youtube video, from the Site Which Shall Not Be Named, comparing it to the Pro V1:

image.png.0ec15b0b48746fae40c0ce5525426113.png

So seems like a great ball. Why did they change it? It's a warehouse club. I can't imagine the people buying it are doing so simply so they can say they have the latest generation ball?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

So seems like a great ball. Why did they change it? It's a warehouse club. I can't imagine the people buying it are doing so simply so they can say they have the latest generation ball?

They largely didn't.  They bought an overrun from the factory for the OG 4pc KSig, it was actually/essentially a Nassau Quattro golf ball, sold in Europe.  Apparently, other companies here in the US were less than happy with this development.  

The implication being that their displeasure was communicated to Nassau, who didn't continue down the Costco supply road.  This is an IMO comment.  😉

Edited by NRJyzr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, NRJyzr said:

They largely didn't.  They bought an overrun from the factory for the OG 4pc KSig, it was actually/essentially a Nassau Quattro golf ball, sold in Europe.  Apparently, other companies here in the US were less than happy with this development.  

The implication being that their displeasure was communicated to Nassau, who didn't continue down the Costco supply road.  This is an IMO comment.  😉

That makes more sense. So who brands that ball commercially in the 'big leagues' currently? Is it still available but at a much higher price?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, IndyArcher said:

That makes more sense. So who brands that ball commercially in the 'big leagues' currently? Is it still available but at a much higher price?

I'm afraid I've got nothing on what's happened since then regarding the Quattro ball.  Maybe some of our European brothers/sisters have some insight?

Edited by NRJyzr

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, IndyArcher said:

The original K-Sig was the equivalent of a ball that fell off the back of the proverbial truck.

Regardless of the hype by Covey and Co., there was nothing magic about the ball. It was a good performing golf ball that Costco got a great deal on and sold for a very short time. Someone gave me a sleeve and I was very impressed, but that impression was because it was as good as other balls (not better but as good) at what seemed like an unbeatable price.

Turns out it was a case of something seeming too good to be true and it was, at least in the long term. Nice while it lasted, though.

Now Costco sells halfway decent white label balls at a ridiculously low price. Great if you're on a tight budget, mediocre otherwise IMO.

Edited by North Butte
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IndyArcher said:

IIRC they got sued by the Titleist parent company.  Something to do with Costco claiming it was as good or better than competing brands.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

IIRC they got sued by the Titleist parent company.  Something to do with Costco claiming it was as good or better than competing brands.

Yes, Titleist sued Costco.  And Costco countersued Titleist.

I think the ultimate resolution has been talked about in other threads, I admit I didn't track it past the above point

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bekgolf said:

I think it had more to do with the fact those cores that "fell off the truck" allegedly contained intellectual property belonging to Taylormade. The Titleist suit only concerned some specific advertising claims. Someone (probably TMAG) got their supply of cores cut off which is what actually forced them into switching to inferior balls. 

10 minutes ago, North Butte said:

I think it had more to do with the fact those cores that "fell off the truck" allegedly contained intellectual property belonging to Taylormade. The Titleist suit only concerned some specific advertising claims. Someone (probably TMAG) got their supply of cores cut off which is what actually forced them into switching to inferior balls. 

I've read quite a bit about it years ago and forgot most of it, lol.  I'm still not happy with how it all went down.