2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got wrxed...

I m on vacation, it s raining... spent a ridiculous amount of time on the forums.

initially wanted the mizuno 900 tour after seeing shiels, but the more I was reading on here, the more it looked as of they were like this hot girl everybody wants to score, but who turns out to be dumb as hell.

kept on seeing references to srixon ranges in the mizzy pages. looked more and more like that discrete cute girl who turns out to have an amazing body when you start looking... after a check on YouTube (crossfield and shiels super high on the 45s, odd neither tested the 65s) and an extensive reading of the srixon pages, just ordered a combo of:

765: 4, 5 & 6 (1° weak)

965: 7 - PW

was kinda hesitating for the 7... but saw a few guys here saying they were not that much harder to hit and went with 965

put the KBS tour shaft I was fitted for last year. don't know much about shafts so I sticked with what I know.

just got wrxed...

I m on vacation, it s raining... spent a ridiculous amount of time on the forums.

initially wanted the mizuno 900 tour after seeing shiels, but the more I was reading on here, the more it looked as of they were like this hot girl everybody wants to score, but who turns out to be dumb as hell.

kept on seeing references to srixon ranges in the mizzy pages. looked more and more like that discrete cute girl who turns out to have an amazing body when you start looking... after a check on YouTube (crossfield and shiels super high on the 45s, odd neither tested the 65s) and an extensive reading of the srixon pages, just ordered a combo of:

was kinda hesitating for the 7... but saw a few guys here saying they were not that much harder to hit and went with 965

put the KBS tour shaft I was fitted for last year. don't know much about shafts so I sticked with what I know.

Good luck with new combo....I've hit 565 and 765 in lefty .....they look great but much bigger at address than I anticipated. ....not in a bad way just bigger.

It's down to these, apex pro 16 or new tm proto

just got wrxed...

i get wrxed all the time

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Wow, those are beautiful sticks. Should be the envy of your club. Now is that the Elk's or Suntides?

That would be the Elks. :)

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

Just picked up mine with the XP95 shaft and some RTX-3 black satin wedges with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips with two wraps. Headed to AZ first week of February for the Waste Management so that'll be the first time I'll have a chance to hit them.

wow those are beautiful. are they 565 or 765? good luck with them

Sorry, these are the 765's. :)

need a 565 4i :-) ?

Thanks, but I've got my trusty Ping 4 hybrid. :)

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

Is 565 4-5, 765 6-8 and 965 9-GW a stupid idea

nothing about that is a stupid idea

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

Is 565 4-5, 765 6-8 and 965 9-GW a stupid idea

nothing about that is a stupid idea

The only thing wrong is that the 965 does not have a AW/GW. Only 765 and 565.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro 1050GH S
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

how do u know that

I'm not one to pump up irons as being so much better than others, but man, I finally got to hit my 965's today after buying them in November completely blind off the BST, only based on hitting the 945's previously.

I don't know if it's the movement of the weight, and the fact that I typically miss slightly towards the toe, but as far as blades go...this club is a damn unicorn. I have absolutely no problem with bagging the 965 4-PW, especially compared to my old 716 MB's. I'm a big Mizuno fan, and in my opinion, the feel on these with the LZ, again for me, is way better than any Mizuno I've ever played.

[u][b]2020 Bag[/b][/u]
Titleist TS3 9.5 [i]Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S[/i]
Titleist TS3 15 [i]/Aldila Rogue Silver 70S[/i]
Titleist TS2 19 [i]/Project X Evenflow White 90 6.0[/i]
Titleist T100 4-PW[i]/True Temper AMT Tour White S300[/i]
Titleist Vokey SM7 50F, 54M, 60M 
Evnroll 1.2 34"

great news and good luck. my miss is towards the toe also so looking forward to my demo when the 765 and 565 arrive

Some have mentioned how they're longer heel to toe than others in this category. That's actually something I really like and what has prevented me from upgrading my MP57s. I have a CC fitting at the end of the month and these are at the top of my must try list.

As someone who used to own the 57's, I think you're really gonna like the Srixons. IMO they are light years better. Let us know how the fitting goes!

kept on seeing references to srixon ranges in the mizzy pages. looked more and more like that discrete cute girl who turns out to have an amazing body when you start looking... after a check on YouTube (crossfield and shiels super high on the 45s, odd neither tested the 65s)

There is one video of Shiels putting the 565s up against the JPX 900 Forged and Apex CF16. I also found it odd that neither of them have reviewed any of the 65 series clubs in their own video. Maybe Srixon just doesn't want to send them demos?

I've been hitting the 900s a lot lately. Unfortunately the PGATSS near me doesn't have the forged version anymore...the demo heads got striped in the screw spot that they use to connect the heads and shafts. I have hit the Tour and HM versions too. They're all good in their own way but I haven't found the right shaft/head combo to commit to them yet.

I hit the 765s with a few different shafts and was just getting crazy low spin numbers...like 4500-4700 with the 6 iron. Maybe I'll give them another try. I also have no idea how reliable the PGATSS AboutGolf simulators are which could have something to do with it.

kept on seeing references to srixon ranges in the mizzy pages. looked more and more like that discrete cute girl who turns out to have an amazing body when you start looking... after a check on YouTube (crossfield and shiels super high on the 45s, odd neither tested the 65s)

There is one video of Shiels putting the 565s up against the JPX 900 Forged and Apex CF16. I also found it odd that neither of them have reviewed any of the 65 series clubs in their own video. Maybe Srixon just doesn't want to send them demos?

I've been hitting the 900s a lot lately. Unfortunately the PGATSS near me doesn't have the forged version anymore...the demo heads got striped in the screw spot that they use to connect the heads and shafts. I have hit the Tour and HM versions too. They're all good in their own way but I haven't found the right shaft/head combo to commit to them yet.

I hit the 765s with a few different shafts and was just getting crazy low spin numbers...like 4500-4700 with the 6 iron. Maybe I'll give them another try. I also have no idea how reliable the PGATSS AboutGolf simulators are which could have something to do with it.

Watch this one..

Some have mentioned how they're longer heel to toe than others in this category. That's actually something I really like and what has prevented me from upgrading my MP57s. I have a CC fitting at the end of the month and these are at the top of my must try list.

As someone who used to own the 57's, I think you're really gonna like the Srixons. IMO they are light years better. Let us know how the fitting goes!

This is really exciting to hear!

Watch this one..

that is a great video, thanks

how do u know that

Hurricane,

He's my buddy from a club down the street from where I play. We golf quite often and he's just jealous that I got the 765's before him. :)

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

u get the same set

Apple probably plays about 20 different sets a year. Buys them, tries them for a week or two, and sells / trades them in. Always in search of the "golden set". He hasn't tried the Srixon's yet. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he goes out and purchases a set (or two) of these irons.

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

iron ho?

That's an understatement. Just loves to try the latest and greatest. Sometime more than once in a year.

[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]

just got wrxed...

Probably what I should have done but I went 4 5 765 and 6-pw 965. I don't see a 6 iron being much harder to hit than a 7. Either way I can't wait. Going on two weeks and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas even though there's snow on the ground where I live.

just got wrxed...

Probably what I should have done but I went 4 5 765 and 6-pw 965. I don't see a 6 iron being much harder to hit than a 7. Either way I can't wait. Going on two weeks and I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas even though there's snow on the ground where I live.

if u dont like it, just buy more. im waiting for mine also and it snowed 12 inches yesterday

615e0a8d9774231aa9962df4c5dcdcdf.jpg123411369174d5c929c23400d712fc8d.jpgc056815988ed1963f517eec3a0dd0389.jpg

Got my order of 5-P 765's and a 4 U65 a couple of days ago. I was able to put on the grips I like and now I'm going to wait for the RTX wedges I'm gonna order and a new bag. I just don't want to take them out of the plastic. So sweet looking!!!

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Got my order of 5-P 765's and a 4 U65 a couple of days ago. I was able to put on the grips I like and now I'm going to wait for the RTX wedges I'm gonna order and a new bag. I just don't want to take them out of the plastic. So sweet looking!!!

You do realize that it doesn't mean anything until you change your sig.. I'm just saying..! (welcome to the Srixon family..)