SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Srixzon has some issues in communicating with the stores from what I have been told. Call them and ask what's going on. Easy to work with. There are delays for a few components and heads from what I hear. Luckily it's winter or many people who have bought would have cancelled their orders based on time not quality

My z745 heads that I sent back to Srixon to get reshafted with the Modus3 Tour 105s are back out for delivery to me today. Appears that the Modus3 shafts are pretty popular with them right now so there was about a week or so delay in getting those shafts back into stock for my build, I'd imagine others were delayed as well if they ordered irons with Modus3 shafts.

Anyone try Steelfibers in these?

When I owned z545's for a short time I had UST TourSPX Recoil Prototypes in them.. I had to change them out though, seriously crazy long.. my 7 iron was going 200 and my PW became my 150 yard club.. definitely not something one wants to switch to mid-season. Feel was great though..

I had a pretty good testing session today at PGA SS. 765s look so good next to the ball. Best shaft for me was the C Taper Lite stiff but I'm a little worried about the shaft weight coming from the S300s. Any of the Nippon shafts close to CTL? Anything else I should try? I definitely want to hit the Modus 120s before I make my final decision...

I had a pretty good testing session today at PGA SS. 765s look so good next to the ball. Best shaft for me was the C Taper Lite stiff but I'm a little worried about the shaft weight coming from the S300s. Any of the Nippon shafts close to CTL? Anything else I should try? I definitely want to hit the Modus 120s before I make my final decision...

http://demandware.ed...tom-Catalog.pdf

The Modus3 Tour 105s are close @ 105g, the Modus3 Tour 120s are @ 114g

I've always liked the C-Taper Lite 110s shafts, but never been a fan of the DG S300's

Here's a video worth a watch..

Man so I had a few hours to kill and I did some testing vs Ping I200. I really wanted to like the Ping but ended up walking out the door with these with modus 120. 7-8 yards further but more importantly better dispersion and that forged feel. I cancelled my Ping order and I've officially come full circle! This thread I started has become huge! Must be good sticks lol!!!

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Man so I had a few hours to kill and I did some testing vs Ping I200. I really wanted to like the Ping but ended up walking out the door with these with modus 120. 7-8 yards further but more importantly better dispersion and that forged feel. I cancelled my Ping order and I've officially come full circle! This thread I started has become huge! Must be good sticks lol!!!

What other shafts have you fit into? I'm really regretting not hitting anything from Nippon especially the modus 3 120. By far my best numbers were the c taper lite but they felt a little harsh and some have complained about elbow pain.

Seems like within this weight range:

KBS Tour V

C-taper lite (S and X)

Modus 105

Modus 120

Sounds like you're similar to me so I'll see if I can give any help!?!

The shafts I tried were:

Nippon modus 3 120

Kbs tour

Dg s300

C taper lite 110

Project x 5.5

The first thing to say was that during my fitting on trackman, there was only a 3 yard difference between all shafts with a 6 iron, which suggests that they are all quite similar. However they all have a different feel.

For me, the dg felt too heavy and felt a bit too much for me. The project x was quite straight but felt harsh and had the most spin. The c taper felt quite harsh but was good on direction. The kbs felt very smooth but for me had the worst dispersion.

In my test it was the modus that was the best allrounder - felt smooth, good spin, no ballooning and good dispersion. I've had the clubs for a few rounds and this has been supported in the on course tests. I've been very impressed by them.

As ever I'm sure that everyone will have different choices based on their own preferences.

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

What other shafts have you fit into? I'm really regretting not hitting anything from Nippon especially the modus 3 120. By far my best numbers were the c taper lite but they felt a little harsh and some have complained about elbow pain.

KBS Tour V

C-taper lite (S and X)

Modus 105

Modus 120

Elbow pain this time of year is typically from hitting off mat's indoors as often that's the only option for many of us. This is one reason why I gamed graphite most of the last 2.5 seasons. I have found I like lighter weight shafts for my irons, that's just me.

This is what I have found to work very well.. matter of fact I am going next week for a session.. I can not stop praising how well it worked for me. I typically go once maybe twice in a season and I am good for the season (May-Sept)

http://www.golfwrx.com/134765/elbow-and-wrist-pain-how-to-get-rid-of-it/

The shafts I tried were:

Nippon modus 3 120

Kbs tour

Dg s300

C taper lite 110

Project x 5.5

The first thing to say was that during my fitting on trackman, there was only a 3 yard difference between all shafts with a 6 iron, which suggests that they are all quite similar. However they all have a different feel.

For me, the dg felt too heavy and felt a bit too much for me. The project x was quite straight but felt harsh and had the most spin. The c taper felt quite harsh but was good on direction. The kbs felt very smooth but for me had the worst dispersion.

In my test it was the modus that was the best allrounder - felt smooth, good spin, no ballooning and good dispersion. I've had the clubs for a few rounds and this has been supported in the on course tests. I've been very impressed by them.

As ever I'm sure that everyone will have different choices based on their own preferences.

i tried out every shaft on your list and came to the same conclusion on all of them. other shaft i tried was steelfiber 110s but that was boardy.

do yourself a favor and demo the 105s modus, i tried it the other day and liked it better then the 120. i didnt love the 120s, but really liked the 120x ss1x, but the 105 was better then both

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

The shafts I tried were:

Nippon modus 3 120

Kbs tour

Dg s300

C taper lite 110

Project x 5.5

i tried out every shaft on your list and came to the same conclusion on all of them. other shaft i tried was steelfiber 110s but that was boardy.

do yourself a favor and demo the 105s modus, i tried it the other day and liked it better then the 120. i didnt love the 120s, but really liked the 120x ss1x, but the 105 was better then both

That is why professionally fitting is so important. I have been fitted and my ideal shafts are Steelfibers i95 and Nippon 1150, that on paper are not similar. And the Modus 105 was not gving me the best results.

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

I'm probably not the best to answer that question as I've tried the AP2 a number of times and always reached the same conclusion, which is that I hate them!

Ap2 have a lot more bounce on the sole, whereas the 765 are slimmer and more akin to a mizuno mp series. Actually that's quite a good way to describe the z765 - a forgiving mp!

Taylormade M2 2017
Mizuno MX700 3W
Titleist 909h 19*
Srixon U65 23*
Srixon Z765 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTXcb 50, 56, 60
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

The shafts I tried were:

Nippon modus 3 120

Kbs tour

Dg s300

C taper lite 110

Project x 5.5

I tested the modus 105, 120 and kbs tour. I was getting better dispersion with the 120 and kbs tour maybe due to them being mid weight but I chose the modus 120 because I preffered the swingweight and lower ball flight. They both felt great but the swingweight with kbs tour felt a little light. You cant go wrong with any of these shafts, it just comes down to minor preferences.

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

I now have 2 rounds under my belt with my new 765's. First thing, turf interaction. The "V" sole lives up to the hype. Rips through everything. Very cool. The feel is fantastic. I'm coming from some old TM R7 irons. Night and day difference honestly. I was fit into the Modus 120 stiff. My normal shot shape is a draw, but over the last 2 rounds, I've been hitting a little cut with these. Not sure if it's the shaft or less offset? I like it though.

Weather in south Louisiana has been abnormally warm this time of year. It was almost 80 yesterday. Little colder this weekend but forecast looks to be warm again next week, so hopefully I'll be able to get out there a couple more times and have more thoughts to add. So far I'm very pleased with them. They have exceeded my expectations.

Finally received my set. They'll get their first test at Streamsong!

TSR3 Tensei 1K White 60tx 

TM SiM2 Ti 15 Fuji Ventus Black 7x
TSR2 21 Tensei AV White 85tx
Artisan FC 4, HC 5-7, MB 8-pw DG TI 120 X-100 
Artisan "MT" Raw  52, 56 & 60
Artisan "Texas Crude" SS Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan "Oxidado" Carbon Mid-Slant 0117, Artisan SS Mid-Slant 0117

Pro V1

KBS Tour V

C-taper lite (S and X)

Modus 105

Modus 120

I would give the True Temper XP 115's a try, maybe even the XP 105 depending. I remember a fitting I did where I was pretty much striping the XP 115 S300 and they felt so solid in a MP 15. The fitter wanted to try another shaft based on numbers and it was the C Taper lite stiff. Man, that felt like hitting a telephone pole to me and the ball went up in the air way to quick. He seemed a little confused, but said that does happen with that shaft for some people. I think I read somewhere else that the XP 115 and C Taper lite are somewhat close to each other in fittings, but I didn't see it or feel it. Anyway, off topic now sorry.

I believe if I had the cash right now, I would buy a set of the 765's without even hitting them. I've had a few Srixon irons in the past, I've hit the 745's, so I pretty much know what to expect...great things! Again though, I really think the XP shafts don't seem to generate a lot of hype, but they really do feel and perform great. Seems as though folks who like DG, but feel they are a bit too much nowadays, either too heavy or too low a ball flight would flock to them.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 54* & 58*| N.S. Pro Modus³ Tour 115 Wedge
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I am on my second set, first set was with a combo 565/765 with Modus 105S, I felt the dispersion was too loose and unpredictable. I had great flight and length. Sold that set and reordered the combo after a fitting and went with the Modus 125 S. Feels much better for me. Last year i played a full set of 545's with aero 110s and the year before that I played the 745 full set with Nippon Super Peening Orange.

The soles on these are so money, Srixon makes the best ions out there. Super soft and dense feeling.

MTEX - good to see you back in!

G400 Max Ad DI 7
M3 15 degree Tensei Blue
Srixon H45 19 hybrid Tour spec 8.8
Srixon Z 565/765 Nippon 125
Vokey Forged 50F, 54M, 60J Nippon 125
Scotty Cameron X7M

More testing today. The Modus 3 120s were easily the best shaft I tested--maybe ever? The feel was outstanding and it was tightest dispersion. I think this weight class is just perfect for me.

I could easily play c-taper lite based on performance but the feel is harsh and elbow pain crept in.

A close 2nd was the PX LZ but I preferred the slightly lighter modus 120 and was getting slightly better dispersion. Not really a knock on the PX LZ but the modus 3 120 was just that good.

Time to order!

I was also fit with the 765 w/ modus3 120 stiff shaft. I have now played two rounds with these and I am in love. I came from the Ping Ie1 w s/300. The feel the of modus is sooo much smoother without give up stiffness. I was afraid they were not going to be stiff enough, but I was hitting dead straight darts both of my rounds. For me, the flight has been penetrating and was cutting through the wind w/o losing distance. It was 48* and windy the first 2 rounds I played with these irons. I was using the same club that I normally hit in the summer and was pin high almost all day. I also really like the V grind. I highly recommend these irons.

why is that odd

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]