SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

So 125 is like dg and 130 is like kbs tour v ?

Yes, from everything I've read -- a lot of info from the Nippon guru markheardjr. I can't personally comment as I have the modus 120 and have yet to hit either of the others. But that's what I have gathered. It seems like the 125s tend the fit a larger crowd (probably bc of the similarities with DG). It's been stated that they are also swing dependent, where two people could both hit the 120/125/130 and each see different results...with the 125s matching up the closest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my set in. They look amazing. Raining like crazy today, but it's ok because we need it.

I compared the 5 (565) and 6 (765) and to me, they look identical from address. Shocked me how similar they looked.

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT

im wondering if they look the same how much more forgiving the 565 are?

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

Here's a couple of average ball strikers.. take a look..

Good video. Thanks for sharing

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Here's a couple of average ball strikers.. take a look..

thats a great video for an 11 and a 10 handicap and they can hit all 3 clubs. that is amazing, great numbers

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

if the 765 is just as forgiving as the 565, they why get the 565? i have no idea

Yes, from everything I've read -- a lot of info from the Nippon guru markheardjr. I can't personally comment as I have the modus 120 and have yet to hit either of the others. But that's what I have gathered. It seems like the 125s tend the fit a larger crowd (probably bc of the similarities with DG). It's been stated that they are also swing dependent, where two people could both hit the 120/125/130 and each see different results...with the 125s matching up the closest.

I hate dg and I just got fitted for modus 125. Lol. I wish I hadn't seen this post.

Just picked up a set of 765's with project x lz's 5-pw with a 565 4 iron. Excited to put them up against my t-mb's with the same shafts. I know the feel will be better, interested to see the performance differences.

did u start the comparison, very interested in what you have to say because i have tmb in steelfiber 110stiff

Yes, I had a couple range sessions comparing them and just one round with the 765's. I had no issues with the tmb's and really liked them but wasn't crazy about the feel having played forged cb's for a while now. What stood out to me with the 765's was the turf interaction and the feel. My distances were nearly identical with each with the 765's maybe a touch longer. Very similar in forgiveness as well. I prefer the 765's and will be keeping them in the bag. I even picked up the gap wedge to go with the set but have yet to play with it.

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

thanks for the info, i need to get a srixon head to make a direct comparison from 565 to 765 to tmb with modus shafts. whats the deal with the turf interaction with the 765? so forgiveness and distance are similiar but the 765 feel way better?

I am really thinking I may get a set of the Z 765 irons for next season. The lofts are stronger than my 2013 X-Forged, which I think I might like. I was debating getting Apex CF16 irons (love Callaway stuff), but those Z 765 irons just look so great. The lofts on the Z's are almost as strong as the Apex, but the Z's have less offset it seems and I like that. Those X-Forged are still great irons. More pondering to do before I make the move. I may get the 5-PW and stick a 4 hybrid in there.

thanks for the info, i need to get a srixon head to make a direct comparison from 565 to 765 to tmb with modus shafts. whats the deal with the turf interaction with the 765? so forgiveness and distance are similiar but the 765 feel way better?

Just a quick size comparison of the z945 and z765 9 iron heads..sorry I don't have the z565 heads..

I hate dg and I just got fitted for modus 125. Lol. I wish I hadn't seen this post.

I hope they work for you. I got the 125s (I personally hate the DG as well) and just did NOT get along with them. Ended up selling the set and going back to my 120s.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Honestly I wouldn't even consider the 565 unless you were putting it in a 3/4i, even then I'd probably still go 765. If you look back through (this thread and the 745 thread), a majority of the guys who combo'd the set make the remark "I could've went 745/65 through the entire set" also adding that there wasn't anything wrong with the 545/65 per se.

Just a quick size comparison of the z945 and z765 9 iron heads..sorry I don't have the z565 heads..

Just a quick note: the 65 series is a slightly longer blade than the 45 series

(Not trying to be a dick. Thanks for sharing)

I hope they work for you. I got the 125s (I personally hate the DG as well) and just did NOT get along with them. Ended up selling the set and going back to my 120s.

Results are in and I hated it too. Funny thing is on LM, 125 gives me best carry and LA. But on field, I was losing 15yds off modus120. Back to drawing board.

I hear you on the 125. I was actually really discouraged after going through it. Took me a month to get back on track (seriously). Do yourself a favor, order another set with the Modus 120 and you can thank me later ;)

I hear you. I was actually really discouraged after going through it. Took me a month to get back on track (seriously). Do yourself a favor, order another set with the Modus 120 and you can thank me later ;)

What's in the bag:

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

So, from what I'm hearing here I should just go with 765's all the way through with maybe a 4-iron in the 565?

I don't mind my 565s at all. A little extra forgiveness in the 4-6 range is never a bad thing IMO. However, if I were to be handed an entire set of 765s I would do just fine with them. However, I'm fairly certain I would at least want my 4 to still be the 565. I'm past the days of trying to make the game harder than it needs to be. However, the 765s are so sexy!

What's in the bag:

I chose the 565 in my 4 iron, only to get the max I can out of that slot, I hit all the 6 irons for a few days on and off with different shafts. Are the 565 more forgiving? Yes. Are you going to get punished for a bad stoke? Yes. But for me on my good strokes I want to get the most out of the 4 iron and it goes a little further than 765. I got the 965 on my 8-p because I want precision out of those clubs, I want to be close and score with my good strikes there....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I am really thinking I may get a set of the Z 765 irons for next season. The lofts are stronger than my 2013 X-Forged, which I think I might like. I was debating getting Apex CF16 irons (love Callaway stuff), but those Z 765 irons just look so great. The lofts on the Z's are almost as strong as the Apex, but the Z's have less offset it seems and I like that. Those X-Forged are still great irons. More pondering to do before I make the move. I may get the 5-PW and stick a 4 hybrid in there.

I've had both the CF16 (now) and the 765 (with Modus 120's that didn't work for me) and they are quite different clubs. The 765 are softer and much more forged feeling, whereas the CF have the cup face, which I can feel. It's not a bad feel, just not as solid. While the 765 have stronger lofts too, the CF16's are much longer for me. If I keep the CF16's I'll need to weaken the lofts by a degree or two. If I get the 765, I'll weaken the lofts by a degree. I plan on going the 5-P with 3 & 4-hybrids too. It just works!

I hear you on the 125. I was actually really discouraged after going through it. Took me a month to get back on track (seriously). Do yourself a favor, order another set with the Modus 120 and you can thank me later ;)

I hear you. I was actually really discouraged after going through it. Took me a month to get back on track (seriously). Do yourself a favor, order another set with the Modus 120 and you can thank me later ;)

You tried modus125 for a brief moment and it took you ONE MONTH to get back to your original swing? OMG I have a big game this Saturday. Damn, I'm gonna practice 24/7.. oh yeah, I just sold my z765 modus120 to a member here. LOL.

hate dynamic gold feel, modus is way better, how do u like the 120, did u get it in the stiff

So, from what I'm hearing here I should just go with 765's all the way through with maybe a 4-iron in the 565?

it looks like the 565 and the 765 play very simliar, have to demo side by side to see where to cut off the combo set

If you are concerned about it maybe get the 4 iron in the z565, and the rest in the z765. A little help on the 4 iron probably is a good thing, depends how often in a round you plan or typically hit a 4 iron. And if down the road you find yourself wanting the z765 4 iron you can always order the single of it.

I've had both the CF16 (now) and the 765 (with Modus 120's that didn't work for me) and they are quite different clubs. The 765 are softer and much more forged feeling, whereas the CF have the cup face, which I can feel. It's not a bad feel, just not as solid. While the 765 have stronger lofts too, the CF16's are much longer for me. If I keep the CF16's I'll need to weaken the lofts by a degree or two. If I get the 765, I'll weaken the lofts by a degree. I plan on going the 5-P with 3 & 4-hybrids too. It just works!

I like the feel of the 2013 X-Forged. I have not hit the CF16, however, from what I have read they are very long, no doubt the length is enhanced by the cup faces. From the fairway the CF16 would adequately spin, although somewhat less than what I have now, but out of the light rough I can imagine some rockets taking off without much spin. Every swing profile of course provides slightly different launches and spin. For me, the Modus 120's launch slightly higher than the TTDG S300 and feel not as firm. I will probably get something different in the Z 765s than the two stock offerings. Something with a little more launch angle and I will leave the lofts alone.