2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

Can anyone tell me what is better performance wise about the z965,765,and 565, than the 945, 745, and 545......Sorry to repeat myself, but i can't seem to find an answer on this.

I just transitioned from a blended set of 545-745-945 to the same set make up in the 65 series irons. Unfortunately, I've only had them on the range thus far (they just arrived last week) but I put them through the ringer out there.

While I didn't have my LM with me I didn't see any discernible difference in distance in the 65 irons vs the 45 irons. Feel was right in line with what I got from the 45's, as well. Very soft...just a pleasure to hit. I think the biggest change was Srixon moving some of the CG weight a bit toward the toe. I've noticed zero impact to feel or performance when struck toward the heel and dead center, but the shots off the toe feel much less punitive and I didn't see near the distance loss compared to the 45's. Forgiveness is such a difficult characteristic to capture in demoing clubs but the feel is what really made me a believer and solidified my decision to upgrade to the 65 series irons.

Aside from that there are some minor aesthetic changes but none that would influence performance.

I've hit a TON of irons and I just can't say enough good things about what Srixon has done over the past few years. The V sole is legit and absolutely awesome! I'd put their forged feel up against anything out there, as well.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've wanted to comment on these for a few days now but wanted to wait until I had a few rounds under my belt.

I've been playing the Ping IE's for the past year. Before that, S55's which I loved and hit well. The only reason I moved away for the 55's was I had a little trouble digging with the short irons. And I had the thought of making the game easier on myself and the IE's are great forgiving sticks. That said, I lost precision and distance/height control. I spent a good part of this summer saying get down after a lot of shots.

I wondered if going back to a smaller head, thinner sole now would be difficult but in the past that what's worked best for me. After playing the RTX3 wedges for a while, I had to try these. This sole is the real deal.

The 965's have all the forgiveness I need and if I were ordering today, I may have stayed with them up to the 5. But I'm digging the 765's nearly as much. I really don't see much of a difference between the two other than height, which is why I may have stuck with the 965's. I'm a high ball player.

If you're looking to test new irons, this line should be on your list. Getting the DG TI shafts and z cord grips with no up charge was a nice side benefit.

I'm not someone who gets caught up with looks. I only care about performance. But if you can have it all, why not?

How do the 765s compare to the iEs in terms of distance forgiveness on thin hits and toe hits?

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

I've wanted to comment on these for a few days now but wanted to wait until I had a few rounds under my belt.

I've been playing the Ping IE's for the past year. Before that, S55's which I loved and hit well. The only reason I moved away for the 55's was I had a little trouble digging with the short irons. And I had the thought of making the game easier on myself and the IE's are great forgiving sticks. That said, I lost precision and distance/height control. I spent a good part of this summer saying get down after a lot of shots.

I wondered if going back to a smaller head, thinner sole now would be difficult but in the past that what's worked best for me. After playing the RTX3 wedges for a while, I had to try these. This sole is the real deal.

The 965's have all the forgiveness I need and if I were ordering today, I may have stayed with them up to the 5. But I'm digging the 765's nearly as much. I really don't see much of a difference between the two other than height, which is why I may have stuck with the 965's. I'm a high ball player.

If you're looking to test new irons, this line should be on your list. Getting the DG TI shafts and z cord grips with no up charge was a nice side benefit.

I'm not someone who gets caught up with looks. I only care about performance. But if you can have it all, why not?

How do the 765s compare to the iEs in terms of distance forgiveness on thin hits and toe hits?

I only have the 765 in the 6-4 but with those I'd say the distance is about the same, tho I hit the Srixon's lower than the Pings. No ballooning or flyers so far, sometimes a problem for me with the Pings. Easier to work and flight. The Pings just want to go high and straight. Not a bad thing.

I haven't checked the specs but to me they seem to have less offset than the IE's.

Toe is my miss and I've missed plenty with both there. A little less distance with the Srixon's. I expected worse. Both the IE's and 55's were great with toe misses.

Thin usually isn't an issue for me and I haven't had any with the 765's yet. I did thin my 7 iron yesterday and was happy with the miss. Maybe lost 10 yards.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Is anybody playing the 765 AW? I'd love to hear some thoughts on it.

+1

Only seen one photo of it on the @srixongolf Twitter...

Like the 745 AW, the 765 (although available in the US) is very blade like. Looks much more like this AW blends best with the 965.

With that said, although it's blade like in design, it's a very big head. I typically prefer my AW's to blend more with my irons than I do with my wedges...but overall, I'm very happy with it.

+1

Like the 745 AW, the 765 (although available in the US) is very blade like. Looks much more like this AW blends best with the 965.

With that said, although it's blade like in design, it's a very big head. I typically prefer my AW's to blend more with my irons than I do with my wedges...but overall, I'm very happy with it.

So, is the 765 aw a little larger out on the toe compared to the 745 aw, like the irons?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I have both clubs with the same shafts. I can't remember the last time I missed on the toe, my miss is on the heel, but the thin shots are noticeably different between the two. I hit every kind of shot whether its thin, heel miss, or flushed, higher with the iE1. The Z765 trajectory is generally more boring. There is a considerable amount more feedback with the Z765 than the iE1. I would say maybe that means the iE1 is more forgiving, but I can also say that there are times with the iE1 when it was a mis-hit that lost distance and I wondered where or how I missed with it because everything seems so muted with the iE1. I really like them both. I'm not going to keep them both. I like the looks of the Z765 better, but the performance of the iE1 has been a touch more consistent. The iE1 also feels lighter. Maybe the Z765 wins also in the shot shaping and controlling category as well too. But what is really bad about the high and straight that the iE1 delivers???

Got out for the maiden round yesterday with the new 65 series irons. Also spent some time on the range a couple of times this week hitting through the bag to get a feel for them.

I didn't think that Srixon could improve upon the 45 series irons but there's definitely something in these that are a bit better IMO. I suspect that the CG they've pushed a bit toward the toe is helping improve strike consistency and feel. If you've hit the Titleist 716 CB irons I'd very much liken it to the improved feel compared to the 714 CB's.

What has impressed me tremendously so far is the forgiveness, especially in the 965 irons. I hit 3 shots during my round yesterday where I pulled up and said "well, that's gonna be short" only to see the ball landed right on line and maybe a yard or two short. With the 45's that same shot would have lost more distance. I can't quite explain it to be honest but I'll take that kind of forgiveness in a blade all day long!

I'm loving the ball flight with the KBS Tour-V shafts, too. Today on the range I was hitting 7-iron into a stiff 18-20 mph wind that was moving left to right and into my face. To see the ball end up only 2-3 yards short (on average) of my normal distance on the target flag I was hitting in to was flat out impressive. Zero ballooning, just carved right through that wind.

So freaking happy with the Srixon irons!

I love everything single thing about the these irons. I got another 3 rounds in and a good 2 hour range session. They're addictive.

Noticed a pretty cool thing. They seem to be self cleaning. Maybe it's the larger grooves. Very easy to keep clean during a round and not much work to do after a round or the range for this clean freak. They're the irons that just keep giving.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Can anyone tell me what is better performance wise about the z965,765,and 565, than the 945, 745, and 545......Sorry to repeat myself, but i can't seem to find an answer on this.

I just transitioned from a blended set of 545-745-945 to the same set make up in the 65 series irons. Unfortunately, I've only had them on the range thus far (they just arrived last week) but I put them through the ringer out there.

While I didn't have my LM with me I didn't see any discernible difference in distance in the 65 irons vs the 45 irons. Feel was right in line with what I got from the 45's, as well. Very soft...just a pleasure to hit. I think the biggest change was Srixon moving some of the CG weight a bit toward the toe. I've noticed zero impact to feel or performance when struck toward the heel and dead center, but the shots off the toe feel much less punitive and I didn't see near the distance loss compared to the 45's. Forgiveness is such a difficult characteristic to capture in demoing clubs but the feel is what really made me a believer and solidified my decision to upgrade to the 65 series irons.

Aside from that there are some minor aesthetic changes but none that would influence performance.

I've hit a TON of irons and I just can't say enough good things about what Srixon has done over the past few years. The V sole is legit and absolutely awesome! I'd put their forged feel up against anything out there, as well.

Just a question out of curiosity. I am pretty happy with my current 745's and probably will be with them for a while. While it appears that the 765 may have more weight out towards the toe due to the change in the back of the club, is this documented anywhere that this is the case? in these days of Tungsten plugs, this can be very deceiving. I haven't spent a lot of time hitting the 765's, but did not feel any real difference in feel to the 745.

Ok so ordered my lefty 765 5-p and u65 3-4 ...I reshafted my set of missy mp-25vwith project Liz 6.5 ..not a fan.. have been a DG x100 for over 15 years ..ordered 5-p in x100 and the U in Miyazaki x shafts... should all be here Thursday ..hurry up !

Be sure to post pics of the 765's and the U's. I'm looking at that same combo.

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

Ok so ordered my lefty 765 5-p and u65 3-4 ...I reshafted my set of missy mp-25vwith project Liz 6.5 ..not a fan.. have been a DG x100 for over 15 years ..ordered 5-p in x100 and the U in Miyazaki x shafts... should all be here Thursday ..hurry up !

For sure will do

Be sure to post pics of the 765's and the U's. I'm looking at that same combo.

If you can exchange this set into z765/z945 combo with custom shaft/grip option but only 5-p plus you pay $100, would anyone do it?

I'm so torn!!

I did w lz 6.0

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

+1

+2 Can anyone give feedback on the 765 AW? I'm thinking of adding it to my 745 set since it's easier to get than the 745 AW. Specifically would like to hear the gapping you are seeing from the PW-AW. I know it is 51 degrees, but often times you see "set" gap wedges travel further than a similarly lofted vokey/cleveland bladed wedge.

+1

+2 Can anyone give feedback on the 765 AW? I'm thinking of adding it to my 745 set since it's easier to get than the 745 AW. Specifically would like to hear the gapping you are seeing from the PW-AW. I know it is 51 degrees, but often times you see "set" gap wedges travel further than a similarly lofted vokey/cleveland bladed wedge.

Mine was ordered last week. I should have it next week sometime. I'll take some pics with it next to the pw and report back when I get it out on the course.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Hard to tell from the Srixon website , but does anyone know if the Modus 105 is available for the 765s? No charge, or upcharge???

All steel shafts are available at no upcharge. This includes the whole Modus line. As long as you order them from an authorized retailer, online or not.

Titleist TSR2 10*| MCA Tensei AV blue (SFW) Xlink 55 S

Titleist TSR2 3 HL 16.5*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 65 S

Titleist TSR2 7 Wood 21*| MCA Tensei AV blue Xlink 75 S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 4 iron| N.S. Pro 980GH DST S

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-GW| N.S. Pro 1050GH S

Titleist BV SM9 54*S, 60*S| TT DG S200
Ping 2023 Anser
Srixon Z Star

I went and got fitted yesterday. I hit the iBlade, Cally Apex Pro, Titleist CB, Mizuno Mp?, and the Srixon 765 won out. They won out in every category. So I ordered mine with Tour Issur DG! Looking forward to getting them. Was told Srixon was receiving another shipment of heads this week and I should have my set by the middle of Nov.

Another round this morning and there's another cool thing I'm noticing each round. I'm getting these perfect little, thin divots. When I go to replace them, they're all the same. Barely a dollar bill size and almost as thin, front to back. Instead of finding an uneven chunk of sod. it's a tiny rolled up wrap of grass with very little soil attached to it. All my specs are the same as I've played with my last few sets. These soles are so good.

My playing partner has been testing them each round. He's tried new irons for a decade and nothing has kicked out his Ping I3 blades he's played. After each shot he just shakes his head. I expect to convert him soon.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400