2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

They are so nice to look down at but man do they preform.

I was worried about the gap blending with the 965's I have at the bottom of the bag but no problem at all. I like matching gaps and the u wedge in the Ping IE's was a great scoring club for me. I like this more, which is saying something. I have few rounds under the belt now with the gap and it's extremely versatile, super easy to flight and control and fills the gap nicely between the pw and 56.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked up a set of 765's with project x lz's 5-pw with a 565 4 iron. Excited to put them up against my t-mb's with the same shafts. I know the feel will be better, interested to see the performance differences.

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

I just ordered my set:

Z545 4,5 and 6 iron with Modus 120 Stiff

Z765 6-PW with Modus 120 Stiff

(I ordered both 6 irons so that I can switch back and forth and so that customers here in the shop can borrow both to try on the range.)

Also ordered Cleveland RTX-3 Wedges in 50, 56, and 60 with Modus Shafts.

I'm pretty excited to get them. I demoed the 565's and 765's already and loved them. I am taking a shot in the dark at the wedge shafts. I tried them and liked them with other shafts, but am excited to give the Modus wedge shafts and try.

This is going to get me playing a lot of winter golf this year. It will be nice to begin 2017 with a new set and a warmed up game.

When I get new irons, I usually have a feeling out period, just getting used to the turf interaction and distances. But from day one with the Z's it has been lights out.

This is no honeymoon. I've got 15 rounds and lots of range time in and all have been solid. I've had my best three scoring rounds of my life in the past two weeks. If you're in the market, these are a must test.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

First round with the 765's, hit maybe 15 balls on the range then on to the 1st tee. I'm a 6.5 handicap but usually only hit 7-9 greens per round depending on where I play (length and difficulty of course). Today I hit 13 greens... I missed 5 putts inside of 15 feet and my only 2 birdies were two putt birds on par 5's. Had I putted decent I would have shot under par instead of +2. The irons were great, love the turf interaction and the feel. Distance was right on par with my t-mb's. I know, the honeymoon phase... I'm not listing my tmb's for sale yet but it may not be long.

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

First round with the 765's, hit maybe 15 balls on the range then on to the 1st tee. I'm a 6.5 handicap but usually only hit 7-9 greens per round depending on where I play (length and difficulty of course). Today I hit 13 greens... I missed 5 putts inside of 15 feet and my only 2 birdies were two putt birds on par 5's. Had I putted decent I would have shot under par instead of +2. The irons were great, love the turf interaction and the feel. Distance was right on par with my t-mb's. I know, the honeymoon phase... I'm not listing my tmb's for sale yet but it may not be long.

Any problems with the longer irons?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Thinking of getting a set. Love all the shafts at no upcharge. Anyone have thoughts on these 4 shafts I have it narrowed to?

PX LZ - currently playing these in 6.0 in my Apex Pros. I do like them but they are a touch loose/soft. Wonder what 6.5 soft stepped would be like.

PX - I've played PX 6.0 for years. Nice easy shaft that always seems to work. I seem to come back to it after I've tried others. This is probably what I should get.

DG TI X100 Soft Stepped - my buddy has these and I've hit his a bunch. I'm always amazed how good they are. Seem like they would be a little stiff but soft stepped I really like them.

DG TI X100 AMT Soft Stepped - I've only hit the AMT demo 7 iron in S300 and it doesn't feel that great. Might be a little soft or just not very good. Maybe the X100 version would be much tighter.

Feel like I need to take advantage of no up charge on tour issue shafts but don't want to if it's going to be a waste of time. Tx.

X100 soft stepped all the way. Best shaft on the market!

Ping G30 LS 9* tour 65X
Ping Rapture D.I. 18
Ping G25 3-PW CFS X
Ping Glide (50,54,58) CFS Wedge
Ping Anser TR 5

Swing has gained significant improvement this year, after a few informative lessons, playing the best I have in a while, so how do we celebrate? Order new 565 4-6, 765 7-PW with NS 950GH DST stiff to move away from a cast 716 AP1 and enjoy the feeling and playability of forged. Can't wait. Great sticks, have been hitting and fiddling a lot with more of the players irons out there and these can't be resisted.

Any problems with the longer irons?

No, but I honestly didn't hit anything past the 6 iron. I was either 6 iron or shorter or 3 hybrid or longer. Had birdie puts inside 12 feet on 3 of 4 par 3's... missed them all but not the irons fault.

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

Just picked up a set of 765's with project x lz's 5-pw with a 565 4 iron. Excited to put them up against my t-mb's with the same shafts. I know the feel will be better, interested to see the performance differences.

The feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. It's what happens after the novelty wears off that's important. Good clubs, but not sent from heaven....lol

Decided to upgrade from my Z545 with Steelfiber i95S to Z765 with the same shafts. Going to transfer my current SF shafts to Z765 heads. Went to club champion to try things out so hit the usual 6i with the exact same setup and shaft with d3 swing weight. I think the results were favorable and at least lucky for me, I like my SF shafts so just upgraded heads. I'm in the middle of making my swing more efficient and just wondering if others have seen numbers like these or better results from going from a Z545 to Z765. Should point out that both 6 irons were the same loft.

Summary of the comparison below (averages):

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

The feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. It's what happens after the novelty wears off that's important. Good clubs, but not sent from heaven....lol

I,in no way assumed these were irons sent from heaven. The thing I liked least about the tmb's was the hollow feel and these feel much better. I don't agree that feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. I love the feel of a well struck forged iron and missed it greatly with the tmb's.

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

I,in no way assumed these were irons sent from heaven. The thing I liked least about the tmb's was the hollow feel and these feel much better. I don't agree that feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. I love the feel of a well struck forged iron and missed it greatly with the tmb's.

I disagree, I don't think the feeling will wear off. A soft forging strike over a hollow construction T-MB is night and day difference, it can make practice more enjoyable and the reward of a precisely struck shot so much more thrilling. Many people exclusively play blades to chase the feeling of that pure forged strike. T-MB is clicky and super firm in comparison to a 765 or 965. Performance is another matter, but to say the feeling isn't substantially different or that you'd forget about in a week or two, seems off to me.

Enjoy the iron Tigercolt you'll love them. I got some 945 on the way cause Im a poor post-grad student and I preferred the head-shape haha. Team srixon :beach: !

Well, after much bemoaning and whining on my part, at Srixon Europe re them not bringing any LH offerings to the UK, and yet offering LH in Europe, they have finally buckled (probably just to get rid of me, but if it works........) and relented and offered me the chance to order anything they offer in LH. I think I'll be the only guy in the UK with anything from Srixon in LH at the moment. So that was a pretty good result. Just shows that perseverance can pay off.

Anyway, I have ordered a LH U65 from Srixon to see how it goes, with a view of ordering the 765's Irons later if the U65 goes well. The problem is that since this ongoing issue started, I have since hit the Titleist 716 CB's, and was absolutely 'nutting' them. So that will be a battle worth the time!

I've ordered the U65 in last years Kosuma Blue shaft, purely because someone at Srixon told me that the Orange Kaula shaft that comes in the U65 this year is very slightly weaker than the Kosuma Blue in their opinion. I was quite worried about this, so I ordered it with the Kosuma Blue to see how that goes. I'm still a bit worried about the weight, but I guess I can always just pop it back and have a heavier Steel shaft put into it if the Kosuma Blue doesn't work out.

Fair play to Srixon though for relenting and making an exception, to offer me LH in the UK.

Is it the same as forgetting where you parked your car or forgetting your wallet? Can you take a supplement to help you recall that feel? Or is it more like losing that loving feeling? Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Is it the same as forgetting where you parked your car or forgetting your wallet? Can you take a supplement to help you recall that feel? Or is it more like losing that loving feeling? Whoa, whoa, whoa.

LOL......

I have been looking at Srixon Irons for a long time and almost bought the Z745 last year but pulled the trigger on the OnOff Kuro Irons and they are fantastic and I couldn't be happier. The Endo forgings are as good as it gets and soft as I would want. I found a smoking deal on a set of Z765 5-AW in the BST forum that I couldn't pass on so I will have them in my hands Wednesday.

The weather is turning cold fast so I will ease into these Irons and see what you all been raving about. Endo also makes the Srixon's so I expect them to be on par with my OnOff Kuros.

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

I disagree, I don't think the feeling will wear off. A soft forging strike over a hollow construction T-MB is night and day difference, it can make practice more enjoyable and the reward of a precisely struck shot so much more thrilling. Many people exclusively play blades to chase the feeling of that pure forged strike. T-MB is clicky and super firm in comparison to a 765 or 965. Performance is another matter, but to say the feeling isn't substantially different or that you'd forget about in a week or two, seems off to me.

Enjoy the iron Tigercolt you'll love them. I got some 945 on the way cause Im a poor post-grad student and I preferred the head-shape haha. Team srixon :beach: !

If that ball is flying at the flag, which mine generally do, I'm not thinking about how it felt, I'm grabbing the putter.....I'm not thinking, WOW, these are so much better than my last irons........LOL............I love guys that keep buying clubs rather than building a repeatable swing.......They still play to a 12-15 after 5 sets, and 4 drivers........LOL

If that ball is flying at the flag, which mine generally do, I'm not thinking about how it felt, I'm grabbing the putter.....I'm not thinking, WOW, these are so much better than my last irons........LOL............I love guys that keep buying clubs rather than building a repeatable swing.......They still play to a 12-15 after 5 sets, and 4 drivers........LOL

You mean you can't buy a game? Who knew??? Some people like to buy stuff ( Clubs , shoes , Guns , Clothes , Watches ........... ) 90% of this forum is dominated by people sharing the experience of trying new gear , selling it and buying more. :)

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

Decided to upgrade from my Z545 with Steelfiber i95S to Z765 with the same shafts. Going to transfer my current SF shafts to Z765 heads. Went to club champion to try things out so hit the usual 6i with the exact same setup and shaft with d3 swing weight. I think the results were favorable and at least lucky for me, I like my SF shafts so just upgraded heads. I'm in the middle of making my swing more efficient and just wondering if others have seen numbers like these or better results from going from a Z545 to Z765. Should point out that both 6 irons were the same loft.

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

I saw the exact same results with my 745s vs 545s at my Club Champion fitting as well - and my swing speed is very similar to yours. It was crazy to see 6 irons going 190-200 total. 745 was getting better numbers across the board. Was not intending on getting a "players" iron like the 745 as the 545s were expected to better suit me at an 11 handicap. I could not deny the difference tho, every shaft we tried the 745 outperformed the 545 significantly for me. I know you were testing the 65's, but I can't imagine there is a huge difference 45 vs 65.

I just got a set of 765's with tour issue DG X100 soft stepped. These blow my MP25's out of the water. They feel way softer. The srixon z-star xv just goes through the wind too. I think Srixon is really starting to get people's attention. Great set of irons.

Titleist tsi3 driver Evenflow White 6.0

Titleist ts3 3 wood

Srixon hybrid

Titleist t100s irons with $ taper shafts

Vokey sm8 50-54-58

Evnroll 1.2 putter

Pro V1

I just got a set of 765's with tour issue DG X100 soft stepped. These blow my MP25's out of the water. They feel way softer. The srixon z-star xv just goes through the wind too. I think Srixon is really starting to get people's attention. Great set of irons.

I couldn't agree more fantastic irons

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

I saw the exact same results with my 745s vs 545s at my Club Champion fitting as well - and my swing speed is very similar to yours. It was crazy to see 6 irons going 190-200 total. 745 was getting better numbers across the board. Was not intending on getting a "players" iron like the 745 as the 545s were expected to better suit me at an 11 handicap. I could not deny the difference tho, every shaft we tried the 745 outperformed the 545 significantly for me. I know you were testing the 65's, but I can't imagine there is a huge difference 45 vs 65.

Yeah when I first got fitted with the 45. I didn't even consider hitting the 745. I just stuck with the 545. I don't have a handicap as low as yours. I'm around a 16 but that's because my short game is terrible.

I was really excited about the 765's, but during my trackman fitting I was launching them way too low, even with a few different shafts. I sure got some awesome distances (215 yard 6 irons, lol), but the fitter said the numbers wouldn't hold greens well. I actually didn't get any noticeable improvement with anything I tried so I'm stuck with my 714 AP2's for another season. At least I saved a few bucks I guess.

After drooling for a year, I've purchased used z745, new z765, z945, and finally this. All within last 6 weeks. :taunt:

And I scheduled fitting for tomorrow. What an opposite order. lol

Wow why have I never noticed these? Just comes in GAP wedge?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

I personally don't like my 6 iron rolling out 24 feet....especially on medium to firm greens....