SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

Just picked up a set of 765's with project x lz's 5-pw with a 565 4 iron. Excited to put them up against my t-mb's with the same shafts. I know the feel will be better, interested to see the performance differences.

The feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. It's what happens after the novelty wears off that's important. Good clubs, but not sent from heaven....lol

I,in no way assumed these were irons sent from heaven. The thing I liked least about the tmb's was the hollow feel and these feel much better. I don't agree that feel will be forgotten after a few rounds. I love the feel of a well struck forged iron and missed it greatly with the tmb's.

I disagree, I don't think the feeling will wear off. A soft forging strike over a hollow construction T-MB is night and day difference, it can make practice more enjoyable and the reward of a precisely struck shot so much more thrilling. Many people exclusively play blades to chase the feeling of that pure forged strike. T-MB is clicky and super firm in comparison to a 765 or 965. Performance is another matter, but to say the feeling isn't substantially different or that you'd forget about in a week or two, seems off to me.

Enjoy the iron Tigercolt you'll love them. I got some 945 on the way cause Im a poor post-grad student and I preferred the head-shape haha. Team srixon :beach: !

If that ball is flying at the flag, which mine generally do, I'm not thinking about how it felt, I'm grabbing the putter.....I'm not thinking, WOW, these are so much better than my last irons........LOL............I love guys that keep buying clubs rather than building a repeatable swing.......They still play to a 12-15 after 5 sets, and 4 drivers........LOL

I'm not sure if you're trying to be funny or you're just an Word not allowedhole. Never said the clubs would make my game better or fix anything. I'm also not a 15 handicap without a repeatable swing but even if I was it's my money. This topic was started to discuss the Srixon 765's, which I did. So why are you in here talking crap to someone you don't know?

Titleist TSR3 Tensei 1k white
Callaway GBB Denali black 

Callaway UW Denali blue 

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Tour AD DI
Mizuno Pro 245 5-GW PX IO
Titleist SM9 52f, 58m PX LZ

Scotty MOTO Fastback 1.5 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to upgrade from my Z545 with Steelfiber i95S to Z765 with the same shafts. Going to transfer my current SF shafts to Z765 heads. Went to club champion to try things out so hit the usual 6i with the exact same setup and shaft with d3 swing weight. I think the results were favorable and at least lucky for me, I like my SF shafts so just upgraded heads. I'm in the middle of making my swing more efficient and just wondering if others have seen numbers like these or better results from going from a Z545 to Z765. Should point out that both 6 irons were the same loft.

Summary of the comparison below (averages):

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

I personally don't like my 6 iron rolling out 24 feet....especially on medium to firm greens....

What numbers give you that impression? Launching it at a good angle and landing angle good too. Spin seems fine for these days. I will point out that the 6 iron was at 28 degrees and I was hitting prov1x which is the ball I use. Prov1 i generate too much spin on my driver.

Decided to upgrade from my Z545 with Steelfiber i95S to Z765 with the same shafts. Going to transfer my current SF shafts to Z765 heads. Went to club champion to try things out so hit the usual 6i with the exact same setup and shaft with d3 swing weight. I think the results were favorable and at least lucky for me, I like my SF shafts so just upgraded heads. I'm in the middle of making my swing more efficient and just wondering if others have seen numbers like these or better results from going from a Z545 to Z765. Should point out that both 6 irons were the same loft.

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

I personally don't like my 6 iron rolling out 24 feet....especially on medium to firm greens....

What numbers give you that impression? Launching it at a good angle and landing angle good too. Spin seems fine for these days. I will point out that the 6 iron was at 28 degrees and I was hitting prov1x which is the ball I use. Prov1 i generate too much spin on my driver.

Carry vs total distance calculated from yards to feet....

Z765:

club speed - 90.1

attack angle - -0.1

ball speed - 123.6

launch ang - 17.3

smash - 1.37

spin rate - 5215

carry - 179.1

total - 187.9

side - 11.9L

height - 102.5

face ang - -1.6

face to path - 1.0

club path - -2.5

swing dir - -2.6

land ang - 47.7

Z545:

club speed - 88.3

attack angle - -3.5

ball speed - 119.9

launch ang - 16.7

smash - 1.36

spin rate - 5790

carry - 169.7

total - 178.1

side - 34.9L

height - 92.7

face ang - -3.0

face to path - -1.6

club path - -1.4

swing dir - -3.2

land ang - 46.3

Carry vs total distance calculated from yards to feet....

Thanks for the clarification.

After drooling for a year, I've purchased used z745, new z765, z945, and finally this. All within last 6 weeks. :taunt:

And I scheduled fitting for tomorrow. What an opposite order. lol

Wow why have I never noticed these? Just comes in GAP wedge?

It's 51/8 and really nice.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

After drooling for a year, I've purchased used z745, new z765, z945, and finally this. All within last 6 weeks. :taunt:

How does the 765 A flow to the RTX-3? It looks really nice, the sole looks wider and more useful than the 50˚ Cleveland that is really thin.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Finally saw these in the store today. There didn't seem much of a difference between the 765 and the 565 besides a narrower sole.

The 765's look fantastic and I'm thinking about ordering a set. I'm currently playing the APEX CF 16 with PX 5.5, but the shaft is not a good fit for me.

Do the 765's play similar to the APEX CF16 or are they more demanding!

How does the 765 A flow to the RTX-3? It looks really nice, the sole looks wider and more useful than the 50˚ Cleveland that is really thin.

Nicely. The soles are nearly identical. I can put some pics up if anyone would like to see them.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Finally saw these in the store today. There didn't seem much of a difference between the 765 and the 565 besides a narrower sole.

The 765's look fantastic and I'm thinking about ordering a set. I'm currently playing the APEX CF 16 with PX 5.5, but the shaft is not a good fit for me.

Do the 765's play similar to the APEX CF16 or are they more demanding!

I think the 565's would be more like the CF16's and the 765's would be in between the CF16's and 16 pros.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

For those of you that have bought a set of Z565 , Z765 or Z965 is the Double Laser Milling noticeable on the club face of your set? I ask this because Srixon doesn't have photos of the face

and I saw a photo on Hackers Paradise that the Laser Milling was very pronounced like my OnOff Kuro Irons that are also forged by Endo.

The new set I just bought in the BST Forum have no noticeable Laser Milling and I'm now concerned.

Stock photo from Hackers Paradise

1Cg7pu.jpg

Titleist TSi3  ,Ventus Blue 6S  Velocore

Ping G425 14.5  Fairway ,Tensei  AV Orange 75

Ping G425 17.5 Fairway  ,Tensei  CK Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

OnOff 2015 Kuro Irons ,Nippon Modus Tour 120

Scratch 50 ,54,58 Wedges  ,Nippon WV 115 Wedge Shafts

Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport  2+ 

Titleist Pro V1x

For those of you that have bought a set of Z565 , Z765 or Z965 is the Double Laser Milling noticeable on the club face of your set? I ask this because Srixon doesn't have photos of the face

and I saw a photo on Hackers Paradise that the Laser Milling was very pronounced like my OnOff Kuro Irons that are also forged by Endo.

The new set I just bought in the BST Forum have no noticeable Laser Milling and I'm now concerned.

Stock photo from Hackers Paradise

1Cg7pu.jpg

Post photos of the clubs you bought. We can judge then.

I didnt notice anything like that on my set, but now that i look at it if you look at the top line closer to the hozel right where the green fur is you can see it

03DC5C2F-E714-4674-991A-B70CA050DBCE_zpsfb1j7lc9.jpg

Cobra LTD-X - Tensei Blue AV 65
Mizuno ST190 - Kuro Kage tini
Cobra King F6 hybrid - Tensei CK Blue 80
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-GW - PX LZ
Callaway MD3 56*, 60*   

Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m

I can see the Laser Milling on mine with a friggin magnifying glass but the photos on Hackers Paradise make them look much closer to my OnOff Kuro Irons .

I was freaking out thinking I may have been screwed but it looks as if I'm good.

Thanks guys :golfer:

Titleist Pro V1x

I didnt notice anything like that on my set, but now that i look at it if you look at the top line closer to the hozel right where the green fur is you can see it

03DC5C2F-E714-4674-991A-B70CA050DBCE_zpsfb1j7lc9.jpg

All I can tell you is that my PW looks exactly like the one from Hackers Paradise.

So maybe either Srixon has a consistency issue with the Laser Milling or it's the lighting in which we are looking at the faces. jhoppmann's photo you can barely notice the Laser Milling and mine is similar so ?????

Titleist Pro V1x

who has a combo set

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I just ordered a combo set...

4 565

5-7 765

8-pw 965

Hope I like them...

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Just took my 765/965 out for the first time... I'll post later but.. Wow

ok, as I have a second

Had these for a minute. But between work, family, weather and stupid day light savings I haven't had an opportunity to try these outside the garage.

We had a freak heat spike so temps got up to about 70* and was also quite damp.

Preface that I haved played Srixons for the last five years. My last set 745/945s were the longest standing clubs Ive ever had. In fact, I was on the fence about getting the x65s because honestly, how much better can they be?

I will caveat and iterate, I am NOT saying these are that much better than the x45s. But I have ZERO regret in buying despite having no need to. Heres why

I tend to miss towards the toe. Numerous wear marks and testing has shown this to be true. Obviously its a swing flaw but its about the most consistent (read normal) flaw I have. Only my draw is second. That, along with the great deal I found, are the primary reason I pulled the plug. The second reason is that my favorite irons were the R7tp and primarily the rounded look. guess that the x65s also have? Yep that rounded look.

I know, I know, to the performance. When flushed, it is the best feeling club I have ever swung. Again, Srixon has made some amazing clubs and ive played most of them. But I flushed about 9 shots and Im not exaggerating when I say by the third one I stopped watching the ball and just spun the face to see where I hit it, while wearing the biggest smile. These are with Steelfibers 110 ssx1 (same set I had in my x45s and same setup in my Ztx2s)

Distance. Again it was warmer but I think these were 1/2 a club longer on average on the x45s. Likely do to the mass being moved towards toe. I hit my 7i 170(x2), 8i 160 (x3) and PW 140(x4) all ished. I also hit a 5i (765) when I was 195 and it went past the green.

Dispersion. This is where they shined. As stated, actual golfing has been difficult to come by. This was apparent on the first couple holes. Like the RTX 3, there is something that makes them want to go straighter. Compared to my x45s, the dreaded draw wasn't as obvious. On near misses, I wasn't excessively punished.

Feel: Marshmallow. That's what I pictured when they were flushed.

Random thoughts, but wanted to get them down.

Closing: I think these work well for me because of where the mass is located. If you miss towards the heel, then I think the x45s would be better suited. For those getting in the $330-$380 945 deal, you are essentially stealing. If youre somewhat of a decent ball striker, then you will LOVE them... even with the junk s300s

For me, I cannot wait to take them back out. In fact, I think next round Im leaving all my woods home and going irons only.. just so I can use them more.

For the price, the x45s are tough to beat, esp when global runs a deal. But if you wanted to go big and grab the 765s I cannot imagine anyone regretting

*** random aside.... anyone using a driving iron should really take a look at the 588 MT. I know theres something to matching U45/65 but those things are just point and shoot.

G425 Max 10.5* Diamana S LTD

G425 Max 16.5* Diamana 75 FW 

G425 Max 19* MMT 80 

Srixon ZX UT 23* MMT 90

Srixon ZX5 5-AW MMT 105

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54/58 MMT 105 SW

Ping Kushin 4

WITB

After loving some 745's, I went and treated myself to a whole Srixon 65 bag!

565 driver, f65 3 wood, h65 3 hybrid - Miyazaki X

4-5 in 565, 6-p 765 modus 120 x

Cleveland rtx 3 52, 56, 60 raw in modus.

They look play and feel amazing. My 745's were KBS 90, so the biggest difference for me is the shaft. Found the flight more penetrating and distribution tighter.

Love em! Driver, hyrbrid and irons are the standouts in feel and accuracy. Distance might not be super long but I'll take it.

After loving some 745's, I went and treated myself to a whole Srixon 65 bag! 565 driver, f65 3 wood, h65 3 hybrid - Miyazaki X 4-5 in 565, 6-p 765 modus 120 x Cleveland rtx 3 52, 56, 60 raw in modus. They look play and feel amazing. My 745's were KBS 90, so the biggest difference for me is the shaft. Found the flight more penetrating and distribution tighter. Love em! Driver, hyrbrid and irons are the standouts in feel and accuracy. Distance might not be super long but I'll take it.

I ordered the same set of irons Monday! Thinking about going back for the wedges but not sure just yet.

TSR2 8* w/ AD VF 7x

TSR3 15* w/ 1K White 80x

TSR2 3h w/ Ventus Blue 8x

G425 4&5H w/ Ventus Blue 9x

T150 6-P w/ KBS Tour V X
RTX6 Tour Rack 50/54/58

Mezz Max CB w/ TPT