2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SRIXON 765 Initial thoughts and pics!

mtex22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In case anyone wondered what the z765 AW (51-8) looks like compared to the RTX-3 50° wedge..

Is there a noticeable feel difference in rtx3 and Z65 irons? I get the forged vs cast discrepancy. .....

I have not hit the z765 AW yet.. the RTX-3 does feel good..

Please let us know what you find out. And which one would go in the bag.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

In case anyone wondered what the z765 AW (51-8) looks like compared to the RTX-3 50° wedge..

which one do u like better

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

I had the 50 rtx in the bag for a bit before getting the z wedge. For me, the z won out pretty easily. Not much difference in feel. The z was better on full shots. I use it a lot around the greens and 50-60 yard one hop and stop shots. Plus I find it blends in down from the pw nicer. Better looking and holds up better. I have the black finish on the rtx's.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I will have a combo set on the best soon when I get time, mint condition. With soft stepped dgti x100. Very nice, just not for me...pm me with any interest....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I will have a combo set on the best soon when I get time, mint condition. With soft stepped dgti x100. Very nice, just not for me...pm me with any interest....

565 4

765 5-7

965 8-pw

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Just order the 765's (5-P) with the XP95 stiff flex shaft and the Cleveland RTX 3 wedge set (50, 54, and 58). May have to wait a while to play them due to waking up to 7 degrees this morning.

[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][b][i]Ping G400 - 9*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 17*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G400 - 19*[/i]
[i]Ping G30 - 22*[/i][/b]
[b][i]Ping G30 - 25*[/i]
[i]TaylorMade P790 Custom Black Finish - 6-GW - Steel Fiber i95 shaft[/i]
[i]Cleveland RTX-4 - 54 and 58 [/i]
[i]Scotty Cameron "Joker" X5 34" with 20g Joker weights[/i][/b][/font]

Just found a used set that I couldn't pass up. I am really happy with my 545's right now, so I am not sure if these will replace them. But I think with more of the weight pushed out towards the toe in the 65 models, it should help my miss (toe hit). Worst case scenario, I will sell them to someone else. But I could pass up the chance to try the 7 series out and possibly blend the two sets. I'm hoping to get a bit more spin and lower the ball flight a bit. Maybe I could stick with the 545's in the summer and bring these out in the winter/windy days. I'm not sure, but I'm pretty excited to get them and try out some different set ups.

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion on whether or not last years 545's will blend ok with the 765's. I'm assuming it would be ok.

I am really thinking I may get a set of the Z 765 irons for next season. The lofts are stronger than my 2013 X-Forged, which I think I might like. I was debating getting Apex CF16 irons (love Callaway stuff), but those Z 765 irons just look so great. The lofts on the Z's are almost as strong as the Apex, but the Z's have less offset it seems and I like that. Those X-Forged are still great irons. More pondering to do before I make the move. I may get the 5-PW and stick a 4 hybrid in there.

I would be very interested in your comparison of the Z 765 vs the 2013 X-Forged. I have been gaming the 2013 X-Forged for 3 years with CTL 110 and they are great. Have started looking for something with a little more forgiveness and distance without loosing the soft feel.

I am really thinking I may get a set of the Z 765 irons for next season. The lofts are stronger than my 2013 X-Forged, which I think I might like. I was debating getting Apex CF16 irons (love Callaway stuff), but those Z 765 irons just look so great. The lofts on the Z's are almost as strong as the Apex, but the Z's have less offset it seems and I like that. Those X-Forged are still great irons. More pondering to do before I make the move. I may get the 5-PW and stick a 4 hybrid in there.

I would be very interested in your comparison of the Z 765 vs the 2013 X-Forged. I have been gaming the 2013 X-Forged for 3 years with CTL 110 and they are great. Have started looking for something with a little more forgiveness and distance without loosing the soft feel.

If you want more forgiveness but still that soft feel with you X-Forged, you'll get just that with the 765s. I have gamed both, and 765 wins hands down across the board for the most part.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

I have a bit of a steep swing and I tend to dig a bit so these seem really up my alley. I have CF16s now, which appear to be like dead in the middle between 5 and 7 series irons. I am thinking a 565 4-7 and 8-GW 745 might be a good split for me. My rationale is that I like to think anything 150 yards in is scoring time, so I split the set there because 150 yards is my 8i. Any thoughts to my line of thinking?

If you want more forgiveness but still that soft feel with you X-Forged, you'll get just that with the 765s. I have gamed both, and 765 wins hands down across the board for the most part.

The lofts are only a few degrees stronger. Did you see any distance gains?

Yes, a little. Probably about 5 yards.

IG Handle: @tarheelnation3

What's in the bag:

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Ventus Velocore+ Blue 6s

Fairway Wood: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 3 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Taylormade Stealth+ 5 wood w/ Ventus Velocore Red 7s

Hybrid/Utility Wood: Tour Issued Callaway Paradym 7 wood w/ Speeder 757 Evolution VII

Irons: Taylormade P790 Copper w/ Nippon Modus 120 Shafts

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore Raw 50/55/60 w/ Nippon Modus 120

Putters: Scotty Cameron 009 Aloha (and many others)

Yes, a little. Probably about 5 yards.

Thank you for the information. They will be on my list to try for sure. Forgiveness with a little distance, what's not to like. I would think the break in period for new sticks should also be very easy!

My love for these irons gets stronger every round. I've played in temps from the single digits to the 80's. I've played frozen, soggy, bone dry turf. 30+ mph winds. They eat it all up.

I can't say I like the 9's more than the 7's for sure but may have stuck with the 9's up to the 5 if I were do it again, I see very little difference in forgiveness but tend to enjoy the 9's more. Love the flight. But that may be a looks thing and the 7's perform so well.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I'm about a week away from ordering the Z 765 in 5-PW. I might put a 4 hybrid in the bag or get a Z 565 4 iron. Just moved from PA to Myrtle Beach and golf will finally be a 12 out of 12 sport.

Have you hit Z565? I for one didn't care for sound/feel and I'm thinking more U65 on the top end....

I just got back from golfsmith which had a U65 on the demo rack and I was smoking that thing and it also got me thinking about it haha

I'm about a week away from ordering the Z 765 in 5-PW. I might put a 4 hybrid in the bag or get a Z 565 4 iron. Just moved from PA to Myrtle Beach and golf will finally be a 12 out of 12 sport.

Have you hit Z565? I for one didn't care for sound/feel and I'm thinking more U65 on the top end....

I just got back from golfsmith which had a U65 on the demo rack and I was smoking that thing and it also got me thinking about it haha

Yeah, after watching the review vids and hitting z565.... pretty sure I'll get a U65 to go with Z765 ....4-pw most likely with U65 either 18 or 20 up top

I just picked up a 565 (4-5), 765 (6-7), and 965 (8-PW) combo set on BST. I will report back on my findings versus the Cally apexs I have been gaming for two seasons.

So I was able to get out yesterday in NJ (as it was nearly 60 degrees) and try these out. It rained the night before so conditions were wet. All I have to say is wow, tied my lowest score ever and left some strokes on the course. Immediately hit all irons well on the range then moved over to the course to play 18. It was a short muni course so I was only able to hit a couple of the long irons (565s) but they definitely flew around the same as the Apexs, maybe farther with the AMTs and were more forgiving. The 765s were about the same distance as the Apexs and much better feel (no hot spots either). The 965s were MUCH easier to shape although there was a small distance loss. I was able to put it within 5 feet on a short par 3 which I usually struggled getting close with my Apexs. I also was able to turn the ball over a couple times with the 965s which is VERY hard for me usually (normal shot is a fade). Overall, I would say they actually dug a little more than the Apexs and I had some fat misses with all irons, but this is probably most likely due to them being a bit longer shafts than my Apexs and the ground being very wet (and me not having played in a while). All in all, I was very pleased - hard for me to tell if it was the irons or the shafts (I am now a big fan of the AMTs, was previously playing Dynalite Gold XP in the Apexs) but I can say I will definitely be bagging these next season until I find the money for a PXG combo set at some point. Sorry for the rant but hope this is helpful for those looking to make a decision on a set for next season. I would also say the Srixons are more forgiving and maybe better feel than the JPX 900 HM/Forged/Tour that I have been testing extensively on launch monitors. Looking forward to testing these out more and will come back with any other updates!

great info, thanks

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]