SuperSpeed Golf training system

My light club is still curing in the garage if anyone wants to watch paint dry... it was pretty cold yesterday and there's more than usual epoxy at work here so makes sense that it's still hardening after 24 hours. I added a work light to keep the heat at a reasonable level since it's going to be around 50-60's tonight.

Β 

Im9dyi8.jpg

During each part of protocol 1, are people logging the fastest speed during each of the three swings or what are they tracking? Thanks.

Β 

My right handed speeds are a little all over the place but left handed swings are getting consistently faster in every position. Definitely felt today in the office slowing me down this evening when I did the routine, plus missed the last week in the gym.

Β 

I've just been logging the fastest of the 3 swings. For me the goal of each swing set is to get faster, so in theory it's the last one of each set.

Β 

Should also be logging the last set with swing club that's the closest weight to your real driver. How fast can you swing it over a set of swings before you fatigue.

Β 

Darn, that I haven't been doing, just logging the fastest of the three right handed with green at the end. I will start with either the blue or my actual driver as Hondabuff suggests. I am swinging on a mat outside.

I guess you can log speeds and all that, but to me it seems like a waste of time. For me, the main thing is that I see speeds generally go up. I haven't matched my peak "end of workout" speed in my last two workouts, but I've hit higher speeds with different clubs at different times during the workout. The real laugher for me is going 99 "backwards." Yesterday I was fast with my driver-weighted club. As long as things keep going up, I am happy.

Β 

But the real bottom line for me is that I'm seeing distanced increase on the range and on the course. For example, a few months ago I was hitting my PW around 112-115. Now it is 125-127. That makes it hard to be precise on the course at the moment, but who cares! I'll figure it out eventually!

Great thread. I just ordered three shafts and three calibration weights to make my own set. Thanks for all the advice.

Β 

All the parts arrived and I built my set this morning. I'm excited to begin training.

Β 

3 X-flex .350 Pro Launch Blue shafts - $40......I did not tip these. I chose the 60 gram version as that's what I play in my driver.

Β 

Weights (100, 200, 300) - $20.......drilling them out removed ~15 grams of weight from each piece

Β 

Pure Pro grips and ferrules - I had these in my shop. Grips are used.

Β 

Swing Speed Radar - $70 from Amazon (I got $40 off for opening an Amazon credit account and shipping was free through Prime).

Β 

Β 

PXG Black OpsΒ 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG Β Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime
Β 

Β 

For anyone in the thread that has built a set using calibration weights.

1. What did you use to drill out the weights. Would a hand drill work or do you need a drill press?
  2. How deep into the weight did you drill?
  3. If you rounded out the edge of the hole with a larger drill bit do you need the ferrules?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. My duct tape and golf ball sticks are working but I really would like to have all of the clubs the same length.

1. What did you use to drill out the weights. Would a hand drill work or do you need a drill press?
  3. If you rounded out the edge of the hole with a larger drill bit do you need the ferrules?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. My duct tape and golf ball sticks are working but I really would like to have all of the clubs the same length.

Hand drill, use oil to lube the bit. 9.1mm bit, drilled 1.25".

• AI SmokeΒ πŸ”·πŸ”·πŸ”·10.5* Denali Black 60 6.5
  • TM M5 Tour 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-AwΒ PX LZΒ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7Β 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBCΒ - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Β 

Β 

Β 

So would it be possible to do something like this with the weights in a shorter length club? I live in an apartment and the longest club I'd be able to swing is a wedge. Based on the builds that I've seen others do, I can do the work myself. To reach the targeted weights with standard DG Wedge shafts, I would need weights at approximately 160g, 107g, and 77g to reach the total weights on SuperSpeed golf's website. Or does it serve a greater purpose that I'm missing by swinging a club that is the length of your driver?

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 PlusΒ set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4Β 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s);Β 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;Β  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent toΒ 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Β 

I didn't use a press, I just drilled them by hand.

Β 

I used three different sized bits to get the proper size. I first used a 1/8" bit for a pilot hole, then move to a little larger bit, and then to the final bit. I went 1 1/8" deep on all three. I don't think it has to be precise, but you want a deep enough bore to ensure good epoxy adhesion. Most iron hosels are 1 1/8" bore depth so that's why I went with that number.

Β 

I finished each hole off with a .350 hosel reamer.

Β 

I don't think a ferrule is a necessity, but it gives a cleaner look, IMO.

PXG Black OpsΒ 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG Β Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime
Β 

Β 

Progress continues! I went to an indoor facility to see if these gains would show up on a launch monitor. Don't trust the technology as much as trackman, but I was a good 5-7 MPH faster than I was a month ago on every driver swing. The interesting thing - as others have noted - was that it wasn't as if I was swinging wildly. My dispersion was just as good or better as it has been in the past.

Β 

It's amazing to me that overspeed training hasn't gotten more attention. I've been willing to tinker with any ball / club for a long time to get just a bit more distance (just like everyone else on WRX), all the while a 15 minute workout program can get you more than any piece of equipment.

Question for you guys using this system. Anyone using it indoors and at what ceiling height. Im 6'2 and was just messing around with a 43 inch 3 wood shaft and my 10 foot ceilings feel like it wont be enough to swing a 45 inch driver shaft safely. The good news is my covered patio is 12 feet but would rather swing indoors when it is 115 degrees out.

Β 

Edit: live in a condo so using the yard is not really possible

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Question for you guys using this system. Anyone using it indoors and at what ceiling height. Im 6'2 and was just messing around with a 43 inch 3 wood shaft and my 10 foot ceilings feel like it wont be enough to swing a 45 inch driver shaft safely. The good news is my covered patio is 12 feet but would rather swing indoors when it is 115 degrees out.

Β 

Β 

You'd have to be pretty brave to try indoors. I'm 6-1 and I don't think I'd swing anything other than a wedge/shirt iron under 9ft ceilings.

Β 

That being said, it probably depends more on your plane than anything else. Given that you're literally swinging as hard as you can I don't know that you'd really want to try it in a confined space. Maybe stick to early morning/dusk if you're concerned about heat. Only takes a few min to go through a set.

TaylormadeΒ Qi10 LS 10.5*Β  Β  (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (Diamana ZF 70TX)

Titleist TSR3 18*Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5iΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PWΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*Β  Β  (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*Β  Β  Β (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*Β  Β  Β (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

TitleistΒ ProV1x Left Dash

Β 

Β 

You'd have to be pretty brave to try indoors. I'm 6-1 and I don't think I'd swing anything other than a wedge/shirt iron under 9ft ceilings.

Β 

That being said, it probably depends more on your plane than anything else. Given that you're literally swinging as hard as you can I don't know that you'd really want to try it in a confined space. Maybe stick to early morning/dusk if you're concerned about heat. Only takes a few min to go through a set.

Β 

Thanks it seemed like a much better idea last night about 5 beers deep

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Progress continues! I went to an indoor facility to see if these gains would show up on a launch monitor. Don't trust the technology as much as trackman, but I was a good 5-7 MPH faster than I was a month ago on every driver swing. The interesting thing - as others have noted - was that it wasn't as if I was swinging wildly. My dispersion was just as good or better as it has been in the past.

Β 

It's amazing to me that overspeed training hasn't gotten more attention. I've been willing to tinker with any ball / club for a long time to get just a bit more distance (just like everyone else on WRX), all the while a 15 minute workout program can get you more than any piece of equipment.

Β 

Hey bud! Sweet numbers. Good to see you took the plunge and started posting. Excited to see this in action, we need to talk more about this for sure, hit me up sometime. I use the ~30 yard disadvantage off the tee against the best ams in the area as an excuse for not competing, looks like I definitely need to look into this. Hope all is well!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

How long you guys waiting to here on your order? 10 days now and no update yet.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105sΒ 
Cleveland RTX 54* &Β 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Β 

Ymmv but I got an email the next day and then had the sticks within a week. SSR took another week. Their response time is great - send them an email on their site.

Β 

6 days; no communication other than at checkout when the note said "inventory low. Will ship as we receive." As you see earlier in the thread, I had called a week ago Friday and they had said mid-March was the likely date they would get more shipments so I haven't gotten frustrated at this point.

So PROVEN SS numbers for me after 2.5 months on the system. I am currently doing Protocol #3, starting ss 105 measured yesterday at 115!! I have to say I have been working out and stretching as well but this is the confirmation for me to keep going...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted)Β DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5Β 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMOΒ 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

It's been 2+ weeks at it and today i managed my first eagle of 2017! Golfshot had me over 320 measured. Considering my longest ball on this hole may have been 290, that's some kind of progress! This game is much easier when you're in greenside bunkers off the tee 0_0e4d69fd716af216bb4b928bc3e9b1cde.jpg

Great thread. I just ordered three shafts and three calibration weights to make my own set. Thanks for all the advice.

Β 

All the parts arrived and I built my set this morning. I'm excited to begin training.

Β 

3 X-flex .350 Pro Launch Blue shafts - $40......I did not tip these. I chose the 60 gram version as that's what I play in my driver.

Β 

Weights (100, 200, 300) - $20.......drilling them out removed ~15 grams of weight from each piece

Β 

Pure Pro grips and ferrules - I had these in my shop. Grips are used.

Β 

Swing Speed Radar - $70 from Amazon (I got $40 off for opening an Amazon credit account and shipping was free through Prime).

Β 

Β 

Bro, those look friggin sweet!!!

Β 

Very Nicely Played!!

Β 

Have a great week?

Β 

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I hate the people in this thread who created their own Super Speed sets. You made me realize how "unhandy" I am when it comes to power tools and creativity!

Bro, anyone can assemble a set of these ;)

Β 

The real skill is placing the order in less than 45 seconds, forgetting about em and then they arrive at your door within a week without ya lifting a finger :)

Β 

I don't even own a power tool, lmao

Β 

I've borrowed Madison's for years-

Β 

Yea, like I'm gonna buy a friggin power drill over another putter, lol

Β 

God, as I reread this, I severely went off the rails at some point in my life ;)

Β 

Enjoy em and the Best with the program!!

Β 

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend⛳️

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I hate the people in this thread who created their own Super Speed sets. You made me realize how "unhandy" I am when it comes to power tools and creativity!

Β 

I'm an idiot with a hand drill and I don't own a drill press. I recommend the washer, tape, epoxy method I posted. It was pretty easy, I had to maybe wait a little longer though due to the extra epoxy I used.

Β 

I sprayed it with some plasti-dip and it looks pretty cool now. I got the weight and length I needed for only a few bucks. It works exactly like the other better looking builds in here.

Β 

I'm an idiot with a hand drill and I don't own a drill press. I recommend the washer, tape, epoxy method I posted. It was pretty easy, I had to maybe wait a little longer though due to the extra epoxy I used.

Β 

I sprayed it with some plasti-dip and it looks pretty cool now. I got the weight and length I needed for only a few bucks. It works exactly like the other better looking builds in here.

Β 

Pics please

Β 

Β 

Β 

Pics please

Β 

Ditto

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

What size washers and how many did you use to get the weight where you wanted it?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105sΒ 
Cleveland RTX 54* &Β 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Pics please

Β 

Ditto

Β 

There are pics on this page?? The very first thing on page 8 is my light club curing. Scroll down page 7 I put all the parts/details there.

Β 

Ordered mine on 2/10, and have not received them yet. I got an email about 10 days or so ago thinking they may get a shipment by the end of February or first week in March. Checked back last week, and they are expecting a shipment about 3/7. Assembly an QC after that, and they will hopefully be shipped within a week from that. If not, I may be considering some homemade options also.