SuperSpeed Golf training system

As someone who plays 5 or more times a week I'm curious what people do during the season. Luckily I don't spend much time in the gym so I don't need to worry about working around that. :) Still waiting on mine to ship

Bro, what's your Playing SS?

Fairways & Greens 4ever My Friend

RP

Every time I've been on Trackman I seem to top out around 105, but I also have always been in a bay hitting to an outdoor range and generally am not that amped up or warmed up. Based on others measured SS I think I'm more in the 108-110 range once we get on a course and I have a target, shoes with spikes, and am not swinging driver every 30 seconds. I spend a lot of time on here to the point where I've figured out how to get the most out of my SS thats for sure, I regularly keep up with players in the 115 range like my boy Mr Dudley and others. 20 yards would make a ton of difference in how well I play tournament length courses IMO.

As someone who plays 5 or more times a week I'm curious what people do during the season. Luckily I don't spend much time in the gym so I don't need to worry about working around that. :) Still waiting on mine to ship

Hey Swizbeatz - why don't you let me be a beta tester this season, and you wait until next winter to start? You putt too well to swing any faster bra

Its your fault man, if you hadn't signed up for this site and been the most recent poster when I was browsing one day I never would have opened this thread!

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

Sticks arrived today but trouble with radar unit. I've got to get new batteries before I think it's a unit issue. As a result, I did the intro program wIthout the radar unit.

Wow, swinging left is not good at all and I don't need a radar to tell me that.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Sticks arrived today but trouble with radar unit. I've got to get new batteries before I think it's a unit issue. As a result, I did the intro program wIthout the radar unit.

Wow, swinging left is not good at all and I don't need a radar to tell me that.

Something tells me this is where most gains in overspeed training lie.

There's always the danger of that. You learn to swing really fast, but can't hit the ball correctly, and have to slow down to hit it. But that still enables you to have a higher ceiling as far as clubhead speed wise. The two can be mutually exclusive and won't help the golf swing. It's certainly possible to develop bad habits swinging fast (like an open clubface for example) since you are swinging without the ball.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

This might be a dumb question but is it possible to learn to swing fast the wrong way because you have a bad swing?

I would think that you need minimum decent fundamentals to make the most of superspeed training. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The training simply makes your muscles fire faster. My "training" speed swing is a horrible mess - I am just swinging as fast as I can. When I hit a golf ball, I use my normal golf swing, but that swing is faster due to the speed training. It feels like exactly the same swing I've always used, but the ball goes 10-12 yards farther (so far).

Ah ha moment tonight, started to feel the X factor happening and increasing the wrist hinge and holding it at the top of the swing as my shoulders had already started down.

Really frustrating that I cant work out how to paste the charts and tables in a readable format. Tells me I don't have permission to upload the excel file.

In my final set of swings with the green I jumped from prior high of 115 to 122 this evening and with the final set of blues from 116 to 120. I swing at the end of the protocols until I max out my speed.

For context I am 5'9 and 150lbs and I started swinging about 100 with green, 93 with the blue and 88 on 2/21, but I admit I probably wasn't going absolutely all out the first session.

For one reason or another hadn't done anything since 9days ago and my last post (went on prostate pills last night and have PSA tests tomorrow, ugh, I'm only 44yrs old).....

so I struggled tonight with the all the earlier swings up through the step left with red, however when I got to the final three with green and three with blue I was still able to top out at 119 with green and 120 with the blue. So even though it was looking like I had lost speed since the last session by the end I was able to get back up there.

One thing I noticed was trying to stay in posture and swing just above the mat was significantly slower than swinging about a foot off the ground as they recommend in the videos.

Got my new setup out for the first run. I have been slowing it down some trying to shorten my swing and not crossing the line. Had one of the most productive range sessions at my house. New swing will take a few more sessions to groove in but still around 108-110 hitting real balls. 4x5 CCE and a Haack Net. Just waiting for my Mevo now.

IMG_4258.jpgimages hosting

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Hondabuff's experience is a good one for all of us. There are definitely tricks you can use to swing faster, and one of these is to let your club wrap around you on the backswing like John Daley. If you live someplace where you can hit balls this time of your, it's easy to let something like a "John Daley move" creep into your golf swing. Someone suggested that you hit balls as part of your speed training, and I agree that is a GREAT idea. Just hit drivers swinging as fast as you can and don't worry about where the ball goes.

I used to do overspeed training where you would hit balls while using a combination of light/heavy drivers, and not only did I gain lots of speed, I learned how to hit a ball solidly while swinging fast. This gave me an extra gear while I was playing. I didn't swing fuil out all the time when I was hitting driver on the course, but I would do it when I needed, and it was a cool option to have.

My swing was too long on video and the speed sticks engrained a cup and crossing the line. I now have to tame the beast and get back to the fundamentals.

This drill from Clay Ballard was absolutely money for me. One of the simplest tips ever.

IMG_4239.jpg[

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

My swing was too long on video and the speed sticks engrained a cup and crossing the line. I now have to tame the beast and get back to the fundamentals.

This drill from Clay Ballard was absolutely money for me. One of the simplest tips ever.

IMG_4239.jpg[

Honda

I noticed I was getting a really cupped hand position at the top too with the training and so I have to actively work to flatten that everytime im at the range between speed sessions.

IMG_4239.jpg[

Honda

I noticed I was getting a really cupped hand position at the top too with the training and so I have to actively work to flatten that everytime im at the range between speed sessions.

So far Im really struggling to get my speeds back up with the flatter swing. 105-108mph with my driver swing but my contact is really good. Getting some real crisp contact with all clubs but I feel its a more body type swing then arm swing. I know the speed is there but have not figured it out yet.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

IMG_4239.jpg[

Honda

So far Im really struggling to get my speeds back up with the flatter swing. 105-108mph with my driver swing but my contact is really good. Getting some real crisp contact with all clubs but I feel its a more body type swing then arm swing. I know the speed is there but have not figured it out yet.

Honda

I think you've done protocol 1 with the kneeling swings? Doesn't that help reduce the 'cup' move? I would think hard to cup going back horizontal?

I am still finishing up the introduction phase. Move on to the next this week.

Figured I would use the overspeed training to groove the new flatter swing and try to recover my speed. In between sets I do 10 reps in the mirror to check my positions. Im going to give it a few days before I start hitting balls again. I found it really hard to break the cupping and crossing the line since I retained the muscle memory of the swing. The strain on the thumbs is something I wasnt expierencing before. Few more sessions and I should be back up around 120mph with my blue club.

IMG_4274.png

IMG_4275.png

Slot position with the hands on the downswing are now on perfect plane. Wrist is actually bowing like its supposed to. Now I have to work on the flying heel.

IMG_4276.png

Video of Progress

http://sendvid.com/8iqsehaf

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

OK count me in!

Arrived today and boy they weren't kidding when they said it feels a workout first time up. And for someone who is happy to pitch out holding the club backwards my left handed swings sure felt ugly!

I'm going through the intro steps first before taking any measurements and will do so at Phase 1. The main thing though is my swingspeed is like a metronome with a driver, so I know precisely where I'm at now and will be fascinated to see what progress is made over the next few months

Hoping to get started in the next few days. It's been a tough few weeks. I've only gotten to do it twice and on,y once w/radar unit. I need life to get out of the way go get it going.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

I haven't been scientifically tracking the data with my Swing Speed Radar, but at 7 weeks in I can confidently say that the superspeed training is paying dividends. My swing speed on trackman before I began was usually in the 102-106 range. Carried the ball about 245-250 on good hits and would roll out to 265-270. I've been seeing steady increases in my carry numbers. Played twice this weekend. First day on firm fairways I averaged a hair under 290 on the day. Actually carried a 303 yard par 4 in the air with a little tailwind. Took one hop and sat down in the rough behind the green. Admittedly, I really went after it and seemed to pure it off the face as well.

Yesterday, I played early in the morning and the fairways were soft/wet. With my normal "controlled" driver swing I was consistently finding my ball mark next to my well struck drives right in the 268-270 range. This was playing at sea level. Assuming you get about 3 yards per mph, and my old 250 carry was with my 105 ss, I'd estimate that I'm swinging the driver around 111mph now. That's about a 6% increase and right in line with what the Super Speed marketing promises. I'm still hoping to squeeze a few more yards out of the training when I switch over from the introductory protocol to protocol 1.

I stopped tracking my training swings with the Swing Speed Radar because I didn't want it to turn into some game where I was overswinging and ruining my mechanics to chase a faster swing speed. I just swing the sticks with what feels like as an aggressive move as I can make while still maintaining my balance and mechanics. I figure then that any speed gains I make will actually be translatable to the course.

I'm about a month in and it doesn't look like I'm picking up much speed on the radar swinging right handed (I play right-handed)). My left handed swing is seeing some nice gains though! :) On the course it's really hard to say if this is translating on course to more distances or not.... I am hitting the ball further, but it may be in part due to the weather as the courses in Northern Cali are just now drying out.

I'll be moving on to Protocol 1 so hopefully will see more on the course.

Titleist TSI3 8 degree w/Ventus Black 7x
Callaway X Hot Pro 3W 15 degrees
Mizuno CLK Hybrid 16 degrees
Titleist 712U 3 iron w/C-Taper X
Mizuno JPX 921 Tour 4-W w/Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey Blue Slate SM7 52, 58, 60 w/ DG S400
Odyssey ProType Black #9

I'm about a month in and it doesn't look like I'm picking up much speed on the radar swinging right handed (I play right-handed)). My left handed swing is seeing some nice gains though! :) On the course it's really hard to say if this is translating on course to more distances or not.... I am hitting the ball further, but it may be in part due to the weather as the courses in Northern Cali are just now drying out.

I'll be moving on to Protocol 1 so hopefully will see more on the course.

Honestly, those are some pretty strange results. I would think your step swings would be significantly faster than your stationary swings (mine are at least). Also, my speed is getting better on my left side, but still a few good mphs below my right side swing. Are you careful that the SSR is placed at the same angle for right and left handed swings? If so, looks like you should be playing golf left handed! :D

So are you guys all planning on 4-6 weeks for the introductory protocol then as I can't find any mention to what is recommended but noted that was the period they thought to stay on Protocol 1

Given how tough a workout the introductory protocol has been over the first week I'm guessing that is about right before you can load another (kneeling) exercise on top!

Back with an updated progress report. I started the level 1 protocol, adding in the kneeling swing. One thing to note - I was doing 5 reps in the intro protocol versus 3, so that might explain why I got some of those gains early.

• The kneeling swing definitely feels slow to me - I'm curious where other people are with that. What stands out to me (and this might be obvious) is that its so much easier to generate incremental speed when you've got your legs involved. In other words, I just can't feel or find that extra gear when I take my legs out of the equation.
  • I hope I can still go higher, but it feels like I've gotten close to my max the last week, hitting 140 with the green a couple of times, 135 with blue, and 125 with red.
  • For some reason, my lefty swings have felt a bit awkward the last week, and dipped in speed a bit.
  • Between some tough work outs and a lot of speed training, I'm taking 4 days off. I think some rest will be helpful.
  • Swinging the driver after the session (not hitting a ball) I'm around 120. If I'm anywhere near that on the course I'll be thrilled. Finally will get a chance to get out on the course this weekend in Chicago.

@left rough, those are some really interesting numbers. You ever hit lefty in baseball or something?

Yeah - with that speed I'd almost be able to keep up with your bro! Obviously, huge difference between swinging as fast as you can at the air versus focusing on hitting a golf ball. I'm going to take the radar out on the course this weekend and pick up a couple of drives.

Those gains are just amazing over such a short period of time. Looks like I need to be upping it from 3 to 5 reps per set. I started around the same time as you and have seen about a 6-7 mph increase.

Back with an updated progress report. I started the level 1 protocol, adding in the kneeling swing. One thing to note - I was doing 5 reps in the intro protocol versus 3, so that might explain why I got some of those gains early.

• The kneeling swing definitely feels slow to me - I'm curious where other people are with that. What stands out to me (and this might be obvious) is that its so much easier to generate incremental speed when you've got your legs involved. In other words, I just can't feel or find that extra gear when I take my legs out of the equation.
  • I hope I can still go higher, but it feels like I've gotten close to my max the last week, hitting 140 with the green a couple of times, 135 with blue, and 125 with red.
  • For some reason, my lefty swings have felt a bit awkward the last week, and dipped in speed a bit.
  • Between some tough work outs and a lot of speed training, I'm taking 4 days off. I think some rest will be helpful.
  • Swinging the driver after the session (not hitting a ball) I'm around 120. If I'm anywhere near that on the course I'll be thrilled. Finally will get a chance to get out on the course this weekend in Chicago.

@left rough, those are some really interesting numbers. You ever hit lefty in baseball or something?

If you have time on the course, break out the SSR and hits some drives. 118-122 is where I have been swinging my Blue club and Driver but when I tee a ball up and hitting for real I'm around 113mph with good contact. Still 13mph over the end of last season but lack of traction on the grass seems to be an issue with slipping out vs swinging in the driveway.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Yeah - with that speed I'd almost be able to keep up with your bro! Obviously, huge difference between swinging as fast as you can at the air versus focusing on hitting a golf ball. I'm going to take the radar out on the course this weekend and pick up a couple of drives.

Glad you can get back out there now in Chicago, ready for some nice weather I'm sure. Let me know when your back this way, I'm paired up with your long hitting buddy and his pro buddies this weekend in an event, gonna see if 3 chops can keep up.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

For anyone in the thread that has built a set using calibration weights.

1. What did you use to drill out the weights. Would a hand drill work or do you need a drill press?
  2. How deep into the weight did you drill?
  3. If you rounded out the edge of the hole with a larger drill bit do you need the ferrules?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered. My duct tape and golf ball sticks are working but I really would like to have all of the clubs the same length.

I didn't use a press, I just drilled them by hand.

I used three different sized bits to get the proper size. I first used a 1/8" bit for a pilot hole, then move to a little larger bit, and then to the final bit. I went 1 1/8" deep on all three. I don't think it has to be precise, but you want a deep enough bore to ensure good epoxy adhesion. Most iron hosels are 1 1/8" bore depth so that's why I went with that number.

I finished each hole off with a .350 hosel reamer.

I don't think a ferrule is a necessity, but it gives a cleaner look, IMO.

Amazing job Hot Rod. Let me know if you want to sell a set. I'm interested.

Finally got on the Foresight last night for the first time since February. In February my average swing speed was 105mph. Last night my average swing speed for 20+ drives was 115mph, with a few up to 118mph. Solid contact with the 118mph swings was getting me carry right around 290 with a 321 total drive. Wasn't trying to kill it either. Just my normal aggressive swing I make on the course. Very giddy right now. I'm not the biggest guy (only 5'7", 150 pounds), so I just assumed I'd never hit the ball much further than 270-280. Overspeed training is really working for me. And I haven't even moved beyond the intro protocol yet.