Did David Duval just use Montes no turn cast concepts ??

Cwing

On golf channel academy

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

These guys are on these forums, if that's not already crystal clear at this point. I've seen a few of Monte's ideas in particular completely copied with no recognition of where they got it from.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

He was quick to point out that it's just a feel to get the club out over the plane as with the pulls and blocks, he was under plane.

Ping G425 LST 9° - Tour 65 X

Titleist TSi2 - 15° - Tensei AV Raw Blue 75 X

Callaway Apex Pro - 18° - Aldila NV Green 85 X

Titleist T100/T100S - 4-PW - Project X 6.0
Vokey SM8 50/54/58 - Black 
Taylor Made Spider Mini

I know for a fact he has thought about this before he made the tour.

Many (some) know my thoughts when I won the title in 92 were two fold.

Stay behind the ball as long as I could....dump the right wrist as early as possible.

After giving a clinic in front of a large group of people at the Boise web.com (Nike) in 1994, where I spoke at length about not holding the angles for distance and power, Duval came up to me.

He was already a famous golfer, as he led (Bell South?) on Sunday as an amateur. A golfer of this level soliciting a discussion about the swing with me was obviously something I would remember.....and he likely wouldn't....lol.

Anyway, we had a short discussion about it. He said something to the effect that as a bandaid he would dump the angle to get to the club house when he felt confined. Hearing me say that this could produce speed instead of holding lag, convinced him he could just let it go and not use it as a steer move.

• Like 3

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Stay behind the ball as long as I could....dump the right wrist as early as possible.

After giving a clinic in front of a large group of people at the Boise web.com (Nike) in 1994, where I spoke at length about not holding the angles for distance and power, Duval came up to me.

He was already a famous golfer, as he led (Bell South?) on Sunday as an amateur. A golfer of this level soliciting a discussion about the swing with me was obviously something I would remember.....and he likely wouldn't....lol.

Anyway, we had a short discussion about it. He said something to the effect that as a bandaid he would dump the angle to get to the club house when he felt confined. Hearing me say that this could produce speed instead of holding lag, convinced him he could just let it go and not use it as a steer move.

When you say dump the right wrist angle, do you mean in a downward motion or side to side (flip style)? Thanks

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

When you say dump the right wrist angle, do you mean in a downward motion or side to side (flip style)? Thanks

It's a bit of both, but the feel/intent is side to side.

Right wrist flexing.

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Right wrist flexing.

Thanks. It seems when I do this I just flip the crap out of it. Probably something else then....

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Right wrist flexing.

That clarifies what I thought. Plus it tells me my pivot on the downswing is garbage. Which I've been practicing clearing up for a couple of days. More around less sliding.

Right wrist flexing.

That clarifies what I thought. Plus it tells me my pivot on the downswing is garbage. Which I've been practicing clearing up for a couple of days. More around less sliding.

Many things in the golf swing have two parts and getting your swing right is a little less of one and a little more of the other.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

Right wrist flexing.

Many things in the golf swing have two parts and getting your swing right is a little less of one and a little more of the other.

That's the plan.

Chris O'Connell said on facebook that Duval was going to talk about Hardy's RIT reease concept. Personally, I thought it was a total waste of 30 minutes. A whole lot of David hitting a driver with 5 minutes of actually how he "feels" when he is doing it. He didn't explain it very well at all..he didn't explain that is hands are coming inside and down but his club is coming over the top of his right arm but still on plane. He didn't talk about not letting the right forearm not roll over specifically..which according to Hardy's book is imperative.

I can't help but think this advice is bad for so many people than it is good. Not denying it's plausibility..I'm sure it works for some. Kind of reminds me of the old Tiger/Butch Harmon videos where tiger says he's trying to feel his upper body beat his lower body to the ball. Good for someone as athletic as tiger....but potentially deadly to amateurs. I'm no guru but that one didn't sit well with me. I could just see a bunch of old men and testosterone filled 18 yr olds chopping their arms down at the ball rehearsing this. Just me 2 cents. Like I said I'm sure it works for David and others.

I can't help but think this advice is bad for so many people than it is good. Not denying it's plausibility..I'm sure it works for some. Kind of reminds me of the old Tiger/Butch Harmon videos where tiger says he's trying to feel his upper body beat his lower body to the ball. Good for someone as athletic as tiger....but potentially deadly to amateurs. I'm no guru but that one didn't sit well with me. I could just see a bunch of old men and testosterone filled 18 yr olds chopping their arms down at the ball rehearsing this. Just me 2 cents. Like I said I'm sure it works for David and others.

It works but the no turn gets a little wonky above a 6i. The cast part works really well regardless of the club but two things have to happen:

1. The arms cannot stall because that would be the cause of losing your angles

2. You cannot yank the handle down or steepen the shaft or you will kill your pivot/sync and smother hook the crap out of it

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1580770-recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3m4-driver-fitting/"][size=2]M3 Taylormade Experience[/size][/url]

Right wrist flexing.

Not sure if you'd agree Monte but I even try to release my right elbow because I fell into this "pivot driving" idea so badly my right elbow angle would actually decrease (from say 90* to 75* rather than 90 moving to 180 or straight) on the downswing and then had to stall and rush to release...needless to say that led to some seriously FOUL balls.

this episode was really relevant as i'm currently finding i've been a handle dragger and need to work on feeling the head swing through impact.

can anyone comment on the 'flamingo drill' would this be a drill that has similar intentions?

i've had episodes of the shanks with short irons and my miss with the driver is block to the right or a duck hook when mistime my flip. i've been able to put up some decent scores and get my handicap mid single digits, but consistency in non existent and good rounds are result of good short game and playable misses.

i think duval did a decent job explaining but i've heard much of this before and it just took a while to register. i've found that i can watch a drill by monte that he put out years ago and it completely clicks unlike my 1st or 2nd time watching it.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

How crazy is it that a guy most would think has a "body release", "stable release", "square to the arc delivery", etc is talking about getting rid of the angle as soon as you can...

I started playing golf in 2009 and all I heard about was weight forward in the backswing, make your backswing match your shoulder plane or keep it below the shoulders, bent or flat lead wrist throughout the swing and all of a sudden we're back to loading to the rear hip, steeper backswing with the arms in front and "releasing from the top"..... No wonder people are confused.

Awesome to hear Duval say something like that because I've heard him before talk about a stable release and releasing with the body.

In search of solid contact...

Buzzwords. Add them to lag, coil, wrist conditions, etc.

I have been guilty of using buzzwords at times (by accident), but attempt to avoid it.

It's been my experience that when someone talks about the swing, the fewer buzzwords they use, the more I learn from it.

I know I'll get "Prove it" responses, but by the current definition of stable/body release, most of the great players in golf history and currently have bad swings. This is purely an opinion, but I believe creating a stable release on purpose will hurt more people than it helps...and the people it would help are going to arrive there just purely by improving their swing and making the release the result, not the pursuit.

BERTRAND RUSSELL