2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Taylormade p750 and p770 irons

johnl2

Arent these shorter than everything else out there other than Mizuno and Cobra? 36.75 7 iron. Thats actually one of the things that drew me to them. I dont need a 180 8 iron. when i generally have 100-140 left on most par 4s

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Today was a good day for me with my 770s.

Ive been struggling to find consistency this Spring. A combination of crummy weather and not a lot of time to practice had me hunting for a swing. I finally had some time to practice in preparation for a state senior match play event and started to hit the ball better. I was struggling with my 770s (Modus 105's) so I put my set of Steelhead XR Pros into play. I ordered some Aerotech Steelfiber 95's for my 770's and finally installed them. Its a shaft Ive had success with in the past and a shaft that I hit well when I first hit the 770's at the Kingdom in Carlsbad. It wasnt in time for my tournament so I went with the Steelhead Pro's.

Fast forward a week and Ive finally had a chance to practice some with my 770s with the Steelfibers. I had two good sessions on the range and really started hitting them well. I finally had a chance to play 9 with them this afternoon. I hit them beautifully. I hit greens when I had looks. My distance control was the best it has been in awhile with the irons and I was able to move them both directions pretty easily (and I dont consider myself a great shotmaker). I had 1 birdie and more importantly I had several good opportunites.

I have a 36-hole stroke play event this weekend. I am thrilled about my chances to play well after the way I hit the 770's today. I've made other posts where I describe myself as much more of a Callaway guy than a TaylorMade guy. I hit my Steelhead Pros pretty well but there is just something about these 770's that has me really excited to play

Can you tell me what flex you went with and your driver swing speed? I have 95 stiffs in my RSi TPs but was surprised to see on the Aerotech site that the bottm of the range for that flex is 100 driver swing speed. Thx

I absolutely love these irons, but from either the shafts (KBS Tour FLT 130X) or the clubs I am about 1 club short with everything. It has been really hard to get used to. I had RSI TP's with KBS Tour 130X before and I just don't understand the difference. Any insight would be welcome. The lofts should be almost the same according to what I have read. I may have them checked soon.

Shows how mileage varies from player to player. These irons are cannons for me. I did have mine bent 1 degree strong throughout the set. The fitters I worked with at TM indicated that many of the Tour pros were doing this with both the 750s and 770s. You might give it a try. I'm hitting these a good club and even 2 longer than my prior irons.

I absolutely love these irons, but from either the shafts (KBS Tour FLT 130X) or the clubs I am about 1 club short with everything. It has been really hard to get used to. I had RSI TP's with KBS Tour 130X before and I just don't understand the difference. Any insight would be welcome. The lofts should be almost the same according to what I have read. I may have them checked soon.

Shows how mileage varies from player to player. These irons are cannons for me. I did have mine bent 1 degree strong throughout the set. The fitters I worked with at TM indicated that many of the Tour pros were doing this with both the 750s and 770s. You might give it a try. I'm hitting these a good club and even 2 longer than my prior irons.

i havent had mine bent at all from stock (loft-wise); they're still some of the longest irons i've ever owned. if i bent them all 1 or 2 strong i don't know if i'd want that much gap at the bottom.

KC - always a good idea to get them checked; least then you'll know for sure. good luck.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

i havent had mine bent at all from stock (loft-wise); they're still some of the longest irons i've ever owned. if i bent them all 1 or 2 strong i don't know if i'd want that much gap at the bottom.

KC - always a good idea to get them checked; least then you'll know for sure. good luck.

Agreed. I'm not having gapping issues, though, so much as I just don't expect so much distance. Definitely an adjustment I'm still making. Hard to pull 7 when you are used to hitting 5 or 6.

Today was a good day for me with my 770s.

Ive been struggling to find consistency this Spring. A combination of crummy weather and not a lot of time to practice had me hunting for a swing. I finally had some time to practice in preparation for a state senior match play event and started to hit the ball better. I was struggling with my 770s (Modus 105's) so I put my set of Steelhead XR Pros into play. I ordered some Aerotech Steelfiber 95's for my 770's and finally installed them. Its a shaft Ive had success with in the past and a shaft that I hit well when I first hit the 770's at the Kingdom in Carlsbad. It wasnt in time for my tournament so I went with the Steelhead Pro's.

Fast forward a week and Ive finally had a chance to practice some with my 770s with the Steelfibers. I had two good sessions on the range and really started hitting them well. I finally had a chance to play 9 with them this afternoon. I hit them beautifully. I hit greens when I had looks. My distance control was the best it has been in awhile with the irons and I was able to move them both directions pretty easily (and I dont consider myself a great shotmaker). I had 1 birdie and more importantly I had several good opportunites.

I have a 36-hole stroke play event this weekend. I am thrilled about my chances to play well after the way I hit the 770's today. I've made other posts where I describe myself as much more of a Callaway guy than a TaylorMade guy. I hit my Steelhead Pros pretty well but there is just something about these 770's that has me really excited to play

Can you tell me what flex you went with and your driver swing speed? I have 95 stiffs in my RSi TPs but was surprised to see on the Aerotech site that the bottm of the range for that flex is 100 driver swing speed. Thx

98 on the driver. And the Steelfibers are R-flex.

I have to say I don't really love my P770s, rather I'm "IN LOVE" with them right now!!

Coming from last years PSIs with Modus 120s I actually ordered the P770s with the same shafts but 0.5" longer since I always feel I squat too far down using standard specs. I am about 1/2 or more club longer with the 770s than my PSIs maybe because of the length but that surprised me. I always thought the PSIs were a little too hot off the face sometimes due to the face slots. The P770s also spin a lot more with a lower trajectory. I love the ball flight since it's been so windy all year and my PSIs would balloon easily into the wind. These are definitely more penetrating due to the lower flight. I ordered mine 1 degree strong but I might consider bending them weaker since I really don't need to be any longer.

I've noticed they are not as forgiving on mishits because sometimes I would toe one with the PSIs and they would still hit the distance while these fall shorter. But the feels is awesome on good shots, not good when you catch one thin.

Brian you can handle them! My driver swing speed is 95-101 and I have the i95's in stiff. Sometimes I wish I would've went with the i110's. The steelfiber are best iron shaft I've ever played and I've played them all.

Sorry Brian I replied to the wrong guy!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s
Smoke 19*GD IZ 7s
T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour
TM Spider Tour X

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I ordered the P770 4-PW with Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff shafts. I love the feel of these irons, as a long time Titleist guy who really wanted to like the AP2 Irons I just couldn't justify those over the P770's. It's just a better product plain and simple. I would never thought there would be a day where I buy a TM product, funny things happen when you try and find the best product out there brand loyalty aside.

I found them to have a softer feel (which I prefer) and my dispersion was better on the track man. I hit both irons with the same set up for reference. But clubs are a pretty personal thing, so someone else might have different results. I could easily game both irons, but the TM is a better product IMO.

I'm not really taking price into account, the AP2 were only $50 bucks cheaper in my case.

Just pulled the trigger on a combo set of 770/750 off the bst. Looking forward to a shootout with the J15 CB to see which set I'll be playing this season. A little worried about the forgiveness difference in the 7 and 8 irons of the 750 vs the J15. Any thoughts on the forgiveness of the 750 in the 7-PW from those that have hit them?

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

Well it also depends what you both were playing before the switch. Let's start there

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

Well it also depends what you both were playing before the switch. Let's start there

Like I said, I played the RSI TP's with the KBS 130X, now based on loft alone, you would think they would be quite similar. I will hopefully have the lofts checked tonight and see. I may switch to the KBS Tour V if they are what they should be. Just confusing for me.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

Like I said, I played the RSI TP's with the KBS 130X, now based on loft alone, you would think they would be quite similar. I will hopefully have the lofts checked tonight and see. I may switch to the KBS Tour V if they are what they should be. Just confusing for me.

And what was BCULAW playing? His claims are more what I was trying to figure out

I recently switched from 714 ap2 and while I think the ap line are great, the 770s are just another level in feel. I gained maybe a half to a full club but, I love when a golf club feels soft. The 770s are extremely soft and with the modus 120s the ball gets up quick and just goes. I would highly recommend for probably 0-15 handicap who want to have the ability to shape shots and control trajectory. These clubs excel at giving you shot making options with soft feel...lol I sound like a commercial

And what was BCULAW playing? His claims are more what I was trying to figure out

I was playing Mizuno MP4s (3-p) with KBS Tour 120 stiff. Prior to that, AP2 716 (4-p) with stock lofts and AWTs300s. My p770s are 4-p, 1* strong, with DGS300. Definitely a bit of a loft difference, especially in the long irons, so not an "apples to apples" comparison. I'm still 1-2 clubs longer with the 4 iron than I was with a near-equivalent lofted MP4 3 iron. It appears to me I am hitting the long irons higher with less spin than with my prior set. Definitely to be expected given the difference in their designs. Still, I pulled a 4 from 225 the other day and never would have dreamed of hitting an iron that far in the past, regardless of which set I hit.

Have a set of 750's on the way and going to have dg x7's put in them pretty pumped.

I usually use a sm6 48 as a wedge but looks like most pros play the 750 wedge is it pretty decent to control?

I wish they would make a MG 46, they fit my eye a little better. The 770 remind me more of my old Hogan PC's a lot taller in the heel. Not sure what the short irons of the 750's look like, i only saw the 7 and they both look good to me

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

I recently switched from 714 ap2 and while I think the ap line are great, the 770s are just another level in feel. I gained maybe a half to a full club but, I love when a golf club feels soft. The 770s are extremely soft and with the modus 120s the ball gets up quick and just goes. I would highly recommend for probably 0-15 handicap who want to have the ability to shape shots and control trajectory. These clubs excel at giving you shot making options with soft feel...lol I sound like a commercial��

I have the exact same set up, night and day coming from 714 CBs w/ S300 shafts.

I recently switched from 714 ap2 and while I think the ap line are great, the 770s are just another level in feel. I gained maybe a half to a full club but, I love when a golf club feels soft. The 770s are extremely soft and with the modus 120s the ball gets up quick and just goes. I would highly recommend for probably 0-15 handicap who want to have the ability to shape shots and control trajectory. These clubs excel at giving you shot making options with soft feel...lol I sound like a commercial😊I'm playing 716 AP2 with PXi, shafted with Steelfibers before that. 770/750 feel much softer. I'm $1200 deep into the AP2s but seriously considering the 750s. So sweet.

Driver(s) - TSR3 Ventus Red 6s and G430 Ventus TR 6x

TSR2 15* Di7s

Sim 2 19* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

Sim2 22* / Tensei AV Blue 85s

MP18 MMC 5-Pw

SM8 50* 

Jaw Raw 54s  

Vokey SM8 M Grind 59*

Spider Plumber's Neck

Callaway Chrome Tour X

Just completed a 2 range session and 36 hole shootout between a 750/770 combo set and a set of J15 CBs both with Modus 120x. Being more of a smooth swinging sweeper who plays in firm conditions in AZ, the significantly thinner sole of the 750s allows me to be a little more precise with the scoring irons and the shape of them really suits my eye while the J15 short irons become quite large with thick soles. The 750 short irons are more forgiving than I was expecting and more forgiving than the Z945s I had tried. Feel is exceptional. I didn't hit the 770s quite as flush as the 750s for some reason and they feel a hair more hollow than the 750. I actually prefer the J15 4 and 5 iron over the 770 if I'm being honest. The J15 is phenomenally forgiving for such a thin top line iron, more forgiving than the 770 and feels more solid than the 770. Feel of the J15 was similar to the 750. I am going to continue to play the 770 in the long irons for a few more rounds and see if I get a little more acclimated. If not and I can get over my golf bag OCD, I may channel my inner Bernhard Langer and play the J15 long irons with the 750 short irons!

Titleist TSR2 9* Black AD DI 6X
Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue Silver I/O 70S
Taylormade M3 5W Aldila Rogue Black 80X

Srixon ZXU 4 Recoil F5
Titleist T100 5-PW AMT White S300
Vokey SM6 Black 50F, 54F, 58S
Ping Scottsdale Anser Antique Finish Tungsten Weights to 350G
Scotty Cameron 08 Studio Select Newport 2

I was playing Mizuno MP4s (3-p) with KBS Tour 120 stiff. Prior to that, AP2 716 (4-p) with stock lofts and AWTs300s. My p770s are 4-p, 1* strong, with DGS300. Definitely a bit of a loft difference, especially in the long irons, so not an "apples to apples" comparison. I'm still 1-2 clubs longer with the 4 iron than I was with a near-equivalent lofted MP4 3 iron. It appears to me I am hitting the long irons higher with less spin than with my prior set. Definitely to be expected given the difference in their designs. Still, I pulled a 4 from 225 the other day and never would have dreamed of hitting an iron that far in the past, regardless of which set I hit.

I have the same shaft in my MP5s and had the same shaft in 770's as you. They werent bent strong but I felt they were longer. I ultimately decided to sell them and keep the MP5s due to feel and decided to get fitted instead of more hoing.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5*

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15*
Callaway Apex 18*

Titleist T150 4-GW
Titleist Vokey SM9 54* | 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I had my 2nd experience with the 770's, I only tested the 4i to see how easy the long irons are to hit. I am pretty good long iron hitter. I had a 10mph-ish head wind. My current 4i is my 205 club, I was getting about a consistent 190ish with the 770 due to the wind. I am not sure I liked that FLT shaft, I need something lower launching. The ball flight was very consistent though. They really reminded me of the 05 RAC TP's.

As for the feel, I found them close to my current Apex Pros. If I were to buy them, I think I would do a 5-AW setup with a hybrid as the 3/4 iron. The 770's 4i seemed to be an iron that could punish you quickly. For the 2017 offerings, I would put the 770's VERY VERY high on the list!

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

Finally picked up a set gonna do battle with my Srixon combo set. Gonna take a lot to get the 545/745's out of my bag

I hit the P770s for the first time yesterday. I had expected to just demo the M1s, but found the 770s so much crisper.

I am waiting to order until I can also demo the Apex too.

Does anyone have any some quick thoughts on the Apex vs 770s? I'd presumably only play the Apex, I think?

TaylorMade Stealth+ 9° Driver - Mitsubishi Diamana S Limited 60 Stiff
TaylorMade SIM2 15° 3W - Mitsubishi Diamana FW Limited 75
TaylorMade SIM Max 19° Hybrid - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White HY 90 Stiff
TaylorMade 2-iron UDI P790 - KBS Tour Stiff
TaylorMade P770 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.0 120g
Titleist Vokey SM9 52.08 F, 60.10 S
2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Titleist ProV1x
Profile Picture: 16th Tee @ NGLA