2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Taylormade p750 and p770 irons

johnl2

P750s no longer on TM websites. If you click on them in the Product drop down, it takes you to "This page has been misplaced" error. Either they are updating the P750 page or something is up........You can get to them via the Custom Shop link but when you try and add them to your cart you get an error too.....

I'm thinking about strengthening the lofts to lower the flight? Has anyone done this and how much did you strengthen and did it work?

Keep in mind, strengthening lofts lowers bounce, fractionally influences leading edge and offset at impact. I recently bought a new set 716CB irons and had them moved 1* strong. They didn't feel right after one round, so had them moved back to stock. All is good.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17 2i° Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX 6.0 Wedge 120
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x, ProV1x or AVX

I can't compare to AP2's, however, today my playing partners thought I was puring the ball, striking it with a lot of 'fizz', but to me I knew I was all over the place in terms of my ball striking. The 770's really are a very good club, the best from TM in a long time. I really don't know how much any 'forged' club can be better/worse more/less forgiving than another, so its probably all personal player preference. The 770's are for sure forgiving, communicate great 'feel' and are fairly pleasing to the eye.

I have been playing with the 770s for just about 3 weeks now and all I can is WOW! Miles more forgiveness than Ap2. I just love these and the look they have. The badging on the back of the face is awesome. Feel is great. The stock KBS FLT shaft is great too.

Turf interaction is smooth and flush..

Just an all around amazing club. Do not hesitate!

My P770's are suppose to arrive in less than 24 hours. I hope they do for several reasons. The last thing I want showing up on the door step the day before Mother's Day is a set of irons. You know what I mean?

Absolutely! I have a pending order for 3-5 P770's and hoping the same... PLEASE deliver tomorrow so I don't have to face the wrath of a Saturday delivery.

P.S. My wife's birthday is Monday.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

My P770's are suppose to arrive in less than 24 hours. I hope they do for several reasons. The last thing I want showing up on the door step the day before Mother's Day is a set of irons. You know what I mean?

Absolutely! I have a pending order for 3-5 P770's and hoping the same... PLEASE deliver tomorrow so I don't have to face the wrath of a Saturday delivery.

You my friend are living on the edge. I have to admit, I am more excited about the arrival of this set than I was for the Apex Pro 16, X Protos, and Mizuno 900's when they were shipping. And yes, all the iron sets listed have found a new home.

You my friend are living on the edge. I have to admit, I am more excited about the arrival of this set than I was for the Apex Pro 16, X Protos, and Mizuno 900's when they were shipping. And yes, all the iron sets listed have found a new home.

It's called hold at the local office - FedEx, UPS, USPS, whatever...not that I would ever do that.

TaylorMade P770's with Nippon 105s. Good heavens I love these clubs. They are so much more softer than I was expecting. Softer than the Apex Pro 16's, Srixon 765 and Mizuno 900 Forged sets that I had over the last year. It is the first set where I now understand what people mean when they say "they didn't even feel the ball". However, the biggest surprise so far is how forgiving they seem to be. That was my biggest concern with the head being on the smaller side but, on mis hits the direction stays more on line and distance loss is minimal.

I have also learned that I prefer a small iron head. For some reason, I seem to hit them more in the sweet spot than with the larger heads such as the Srixon's.

I have not had the P770's long but, this is the best I have felt with a set of irons in the last 2 years. Well done Taylormade. Thank you.

Need to demo these at some point soon. Any thoughts on p750/70 vs MP5's?

[b]Callaway [/b]GBB Epic SZ 9° MRC KK Dual Core Silver Proto 60 TS
[b]Titleist[/b] 915F 15° Aldila Rogue 70X
[b]Titleist [/b]712U 3i KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Mizuno[/b] MP5 (4-9) KBS C-Taper Lite 115x
[b]Vokey[/b] SM6 48° 52° (F) 56° (M) 60° (L) DG Tour Issue s400
[b]Scotty Cameron[/b] Studio Design 3.5 34"
[b]Kirkland[/b] Signature[b], Titleist[/b] Pro V1 and [b]Srixon[/b] Z Star

How much offset is there on the longer irons? I've still got the Tour Preferred CB's, and while I like them fine, the offset on the 5-7 irons are a little much. Just looks odd to me.

Srixon Zx5 MKII 9.5* Lin-Q Gunmetal 6

Callaway Paradym HL (set to 15.5*) Speeder Evolution V 661

Tour Edge Exotics E722 18* Ventus Blue 6

Cobra King Tec 4 Utility MMT 80
PXG 0311P Gen2 5-PW MMT 80

Ping Glide 4.0 50* SS, 54* WS KBS Tour
Callaway MD PM Grind Raw 58* KBS Tour
Toulon Garage Le Mans 
Titleist AVX/ProVI

Just placed my order today for them. p770 4-pw w/ nippon modus 105s

Anyone compare these to the jpx 900 forged? I got to see them in person and really like the looks of them. Not to concerned about distance more on the lines of forgiveness.

Funny enough my Golf Galaxy. Didnt have the Nippon shaft to test. So I hit the KBS FLT tour 120. Its a nice shaft. I never hit KBS well but I liked it. Didnt love it. So the only way I could of hit the Nippon was on the JPX. Its a great club, great feel. Between the shafts I made my decision with the Nippon. It felt smoother when comparing them both. I love the looks, forgiveness on the 770 is great. Not harsh.. I feel like i got the perfect combo. I could of went with the 750 but i didnt want to wait and well that extra forgiveness is never a bad thing

~2024 Bag~

Titleist TSR2 10 Degree

Titleist TSR2 3W 15 Degree

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 19 Degree

Titleist T-100s 4-W  Blackout

Titleist SM9 50.12F,56.12D,60.08M Blackout

Scotty Cameron 11.5 

Titleist Pro-V1x Yellow

• 2 weeks later...

So this just happened.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

My 770's came in yesterday with DG S300 shafts and Winn Dritac grips. Went to the range with them yesterday and played 12 holes today. Soft feel, easy to hit, high ball flight, but a club shorter than my Ping i20's.

I had mines set to RSI2 specs. PW 1 degree, 9 iron 1.5 degree, and 8,7,6,5,4 all 2 degrees. Would change everything ;)

Got to hit some balls today. Actually feel like the sole on my Xforged 13 was a bit more forgiving as i hit a lot of balls fat. It was also early and very wet so that probably has something to do with it. One of the things that initially drew to me was the A wedge but after seeing it out in the sun its kind of a shovel. Going to swap it out for MG 50 wedge. Those are awesome by the way.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

I have tried to google an answer to this, but with no luck. So I ask here.

I am gonna buy these irons, but I have a dilemma if I should order them with Tour FLT R (110) or R+ (115) shafts. With a good swing, my swing speed with driver is 96mph and 81mph with 7-iron. Average tempo. I have no chance to test R+ shafts in my area, so I can't just go and compare these in trackman unfortunately - have to place the order "blind". I have had chance to test these irons with R (110) and S (120) shafts however, and S's felt definitely too stiff for me. Anyone have an idea if R or R+ would fit me better with above club head speeds, thanks! My HCP is 7, but that ofc has nothing to do with this choice - SS should tell which shaft flex to choose.

Today was a good day for me with my 770s.

Ive been struggling to find consistency this Spring. A combination of crummy weather and not a lot of time to practice had me hunting for a swing. I finally had some time to practice in preparation for a state senior match play event and started to hit the ball better. I was struggling with my 770s (Modus 105's) so I put my set of Steelhead XR Pros into play. I ordered some Aerotech Steelfiber 95's for my 770's and finally installed them. Its a shaft Ive had success with in the past and a shaft that I hit well when I first hit the 770's at the Kingdom in Carlsbad. It wasnt in time for my tournament so I went with the Steelhead Pro's.

Fast forward a week and Ive finally had a chance to practice some with my 770s with the Steelfibers. I had two good sessions on the range and really started hitting them well. I finally had a chance to play 9 with them this afternoon. I hit them beautifully. I hit greens when I had looks. My distance control was the best it has been in awhile with the irons and I was able to move them both directions pretty easily (and I dont consider myself a great shotmaker). I had 1 birdie and more importantly I had several good opportunites.

I have a 36-hole stroke play event this weekend. I am thrilled about my chances to play well after the way I hit the 770's today. I've made other posts where I describe myself as much more of a Callaway guy than a TaylorMade guy. I hit my Steelhead Pros pretty well but there is just something about these 770's that has me really excited to play

I absolutely love these irons, but from either the shafts (KBS Tour FLT 130X) or the clubs I am about 1 club short with everything. It has been really hard to get used to. I had RSI TP's with KBS Tour 130X before and I just don't understand the difference. Any insight would be welcome. The lofts should be almost the same according to what I have read. I may have them checked soon.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X