2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Should Topic Title Be: Tiger Is Done, or Is Tiger Done?

DrSchteeve

Eldrick has had 3 Back surgeries, you can see how he walks after a swing on the course that he is in discomfort. I have had 3 back surgeries and I cannot play more than two days in a row and I swing nothing like Eldrick. I can't imagine what his back goes through when he swings.

Navy Seals workouts, HGH, steroids abuse along with the injuries that his body has undergone through the years.

Eldrick is finished, kaput, done.

Until 2 weeks from now ; )

Too dream the impossible dream...

He may tee it up, he won't win and I'll be shocked if he makes the cut

Let be real. Private jets are expensive. Tiger is not making 2002 dollars anymore. A G550 charter is ~$10K/hr. A private charter from LAX to Dubai would be in the $150/$200K range, each way. Now...he owns his own plane. But still has to put the miles on it and pay for fuel and fees (you have to pay fees to countries that allow you to use their airspace.) . Probably looking at $200K just in fuel at least for this one flight. It just does not make any sense these days. If Tiger wanted to fly private, he could have left from any airport in the LA area. If his jet was not available for whatever reason, he could easily charter if he wanted. Tee up money in Dubai probably would not even cover his fuel.

The reason he flew commercial out of LAX is not because any protestors. There just was no intention to fly private from the start. His jet would have left from San Diego, not LAX. And if he was going to fly private, there countless muni airports that can handle a G550. He would not mess with LAX. Could fly out of John Wayne, Fullerton, etc.

The commercial ticket was a financial move. And a First Class ticket on some of these airlines like Emirates, etc is no dump. Some of them have their own rooms. I dont think he was exactly sitting in seat 57B aisle seat.

Tiger did say he got to Dubai way late which makes sense if he planned on flying private but ended up flying commercial

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Eldrick has had 3 Back surgeries, you can see how he walks after a swing on the course that he is in discomfort. I have had 3 back surgeries and I cannot play more than two days in a row and I swing nothing like Eldrick. I can't imagine what his back goes through when he swings.

Navy Seals workouts, HGH, steroids abuse along with the injuries that his body has undergone through the years.

You quote the musical?

From the book,

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

I just heard a pretty interesting thing said by David Duval (watching the Phoenix Open coverage). David said when he first started having some health issues, his confidence was directly affected.

When Tiger first began having problems with his body parts, it directly affects his confidence. Health, Mechanics, and Metal. Those three things Tiger needs. Without those lining up, he will never play competitive golf again. And David would be the guy who knows this!!!

Go back to the 2008 cheating scandel with his ex wife. Ever since then its been downhill for Tiger. Charma's a b**** huh

Also I just heard Michael Jordan said something "I love the guy so much, I just can't bring myselft to tell him he will never be great again". Well if MJ can't tell the guy then who tell him?

And some dumb duge on the morning golf show said "hey who knows Tiger might move to Alaska" WTF? Alaska? Tiger has enough money to buy several Islands and retire with no media around. (but then again, he is the cheapest guy ever so that one is out).

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

From what I have seen and read, today's withdrawal has moved a lot of people to think that Tiger is almost assuredly done. No one has confidence in him now. Today might really be the day where we can all say, "I knew then that the greatest golfer ever would never win again."'

"I knew then that the Second greatest golfer ever would never win again."'

Jack didnt have the golf skillset Tiger had and he has admitted that. Jack also played in an era where there was hardly any media, completely under the radar and nowhere near even .01% the spotlight and pressure Tiger was/is under.

With your username this take cannot be taken seriously. Media? really? The guy has lived in a bubble for 17 years. Sent his agent out today to talk to the media, picture Jack doing that... IMO when you argue for tiger over jack which is your prerogative the media attention is not relevant. Of course every great player says that about the other. he also said Tom Watson was more talented than him. He played golf before perfectly manicured courses and no lob wedges, square grooved irons, 460cc titanium drivers wound balls and dominated like no one before or since. I think TIger is/was the greatest of our generation but his skills versus jacks are not comparable to anybody who respects the history of the game other than their sheer will to win. If Tiger never wins another major he cant be argued above Jack by even the biggest Tiger fan. It was a fun ride but father time is undefeated in this game

You quote the musical?

From the book,

When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies? Perhaps to be too practical is madness. To surrender dreams — this may be madness. Too much sanity may be madness — and maddest of all: to see life as it is, and not as it should be!

Well done

I just heard a pretty interesting thing said by David Duval (watching the Phoenix Open coverage). David said when he first started having some health issues, his confidence was directly affected.

When Tiger first began having problems with his body parts, it directly affects his confidence. Health, Mechanics, and Metal. Those three things Tiger needs. Without those lining up, he will never play competitive golf again. And David would be the guy who knows this!!!

Go back to the 2008 cheating scandel with his ex wife. Ever since then its been downhill for Tiger. Charma's a b**** huh

Also I just heard Michael Jordan said something "I love the guy so much, I just can't bring myselft to tell him he will never be great again". Well if MJ can't tell the guy then who tell him?

And some dumb duge on the morning golf show said "hey who knows Tiger might move to Alaska" WTF? Alaska? Tiger has enough money to buy several Islands and retire with no media around. (but then again, he is the cheapest guy ever so that one is out).

Now wait.

How many tournaments and majors did he win while cheating?

If anything, Karma loved the cheating and just seemed to mind when he got caught.

The SEAL workouts(he didn't come close to doing what a SEAL does with an Instructor standing over him if he was active duty canidate in a "real" SEAL workout) were a joke and more for PR and he didn't do em long enough to take any permanent toll on his body-

I'm no fan boi , however unless you are privy to information that has escaped the media and public's attention and scrutiny, the "HGH, steroids abuse" comment is just the typical WRX sheep in the herd garbage that gets repeated over and over and......

Regardless, I wish ya the best in the upcoming season ?

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Now wait.

If anything, KARMA LOVED THE CHEATING and just seemed to mind when he got caught.

LMAO, Karma Loved the cheating and I Love You, LMAO?

Priceless!!!

Very Nicely Played?

Have a great weekend Bro??

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Now wait.

If anything, Karma loved the cheating and just seemed to mind when he got caught.

UM HELL NO!!!!!. The cheating caught up to him and Karma took over.

When people cheat, they don't get caught immediately, and they think they are invisible. Take Lance Armstrong, he got away with it for a very long time, then he got caught. Take all the baseball players, they all cheating and won for a long time, then they eventually get caught and they are done.

Nobody gets away from Karma. Thats why she's such a b****!

Now wait.

When people cheat, they don't get caught immediately, and they think they are invisible. Take Lance Armstrong, he got away with it for a very long time, then he got caught. Take all the baseball players, they all cheating and won for a long time, then they eventually get caught and they are done.

Stretch, Motley.

Armstromg and ped bball users had their professional accomplishments destroyed.

Not the case for TW, his professional wins stand for all to see. Unchallenged.

14 Majors. 79 PGA Tour wins. The best to ever play the game.

Your beef is that TW cheated on his wife. Along with 50% of the rest of the world.

If karma cared about that, half the guys you know would be fired from their jobs tomorrow in your very loose interpretation of Hinduism ; )

Isnt that a brand of TP? :stink:

Now wait.

Stretch, Motley.

Your beef is that TW cheated on his wife. Along with 50% of the rest of the world.

If karma cared about that, half the guys you know would be fired from their jobs tomorrow in your very loose interpretation of Hinduism ; )

Unchallenged? come on.I love the guys game and career but come on. Jack deserves the title regardless of your fandom for him

From what I have seen and read, today's withdrawal has moved a lot of people to think that Tiger is almost assuredly done. No one has confidence in him now. Today might really be the day where we can all say, "I knew then that the greatest golfer ever would never win again."'

Jack is the greatest champion, Tiger is the greatest player

this argument is used by people who want to prop up tiger. its not needed. His legacy as 2nd best is great no need to invent criteria. Do you really think jack didnt have equal or greater ability than tiger?

Now wait.

Stretch, Motley.

Not just the wife cheating. But the overall way Tiger treats people. The guy has more money than Donald Trump, and yet he doesn't tip servers at restaurants.

Look at Phil (and Arnie) they treat people with great respect, very generous with their money. And they have had long great careers.

Edit: I'm predicting Dustin Johnson right now, all that crap that he did to other player's wives, doing crack all day. That will eventually catch up to him, and his career will be done.

Now wait.

Stretch, Motley.

Unchallenged? come on.I love the guys game and career but come on. Jack deserves the title regardless of your fandom for him

Should have clarified.

I meant that his professional accomishments,

14 Majors, 79 pga tour wins, 4 modern consecutive majors, and all of his records,

Are not in question in the way armstrong and ped bball users are.

And you can argue he is the "best" to ever play. Trevino and Watson said so.

But, Jack gets the GOAT title. I agree with that.

Used to really not like tiger.

For so many years he was just toooo cockey, toooooo damn good, just way tooooo super-star to even have a meaningful dialogue with a reporter without a smirk on his face.

Fast forward a few years and a few surgeries and I truly feel sorry for the guy. Still don't like him but I do feel sorry for him.

Go Jordan. Go Harold. Go Hideki. Go Ollie. Go Jon.

It's a young man's game.

G'night Tiger.

Now wait.

Stretch, Motley.

Not just the wife cheating. But the overall way Tiger treats people. The guy has more money than Donald Trump, and yet he doesn't tip servers at restaurants.

Look at Phil (and Arnie) they treat people with great respect, very generous with their money. And they have had long great careers.

I disdain that he does that no tip thing.

But you cant argue about the enormous work he has done for charity and the positive impact that TW has had on charitable causes and education.

And dont compare how TW has treated fans to anyone else. Guy has had landslides of kids and fans that, if left unrestrained, would crush each other. How do you react to that? And we dont always see the kndness he has shown others.

Overall, he has had a great impact on the game. You cant deny the fans know all to well what he has provided for them. Thats the key, the sport, the moments that made you marvel. He has done the impossible time and time again and people appreciate it.

Pains me to say it but I think he's done. I don't see him kicking around trying to make cuts and his game is pretty much gone

TaylorMade Qi10 Core 10.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5TX Hulk

TaylorMade SIM Max 12 HZRDUS Black 4Gen 60 6.0

Srixon ZX4 MkII 4 iron Nippon Modus 105X

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5-PW Nippon Modus 105X

Cleveland RTX 48 DG120 X100

Cleveland RTX 6 52 & 56 DG120 X100

Cleveland Full Face 60 DG Spinner

Bettinardi BB28

Now wait.

Stretch, Motley.

Should have clarified.

I meant that his professional accomishments,

14 Majors, 79 pga tour wins, 4 modern consecutive majors, and all of his records,

Are not in question in the way armstrong and ped bball users are.

And you can argue he is the "best" to ever play. Trevino and Watson said so.

But, Jack gets the GOAT title. I agree with that.

The way I have always viewed it is that Jack has the best overall career. Tiger put together not only the best 10 year span of golf, but maybe the most dominate 10 year span in sports history.

I firmly believe tiger played the best golf seen by the sport to date. The best single season (2000) and the best extended stretch of time (a full decade worth). Career wise, he falls #2.

It's mind boggling when you think from a career perspective that he put up the second best career numbers in 2/3rds or so of the amount of time (or even 1/2 the time in many cases) of everyone else.

At jacks peak and at tigers peak, all other factors equal (adjust for technology and science), My money's on Tiger. But it's close. Like in a 10 match series it's maybe 6-4 or 5.5-4.5 lol.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen 4 9*
3w: Taylormade Sim 15*
Hybrid: Titleist 816h 21*
Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 5 T 4i thru GW 
Wedges: Vokey SM9 54*, 58*
Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5

The real losers/suckers are the tournaments and spectators who pay him $2-3,000,000 appearance fees

like this one. Had he shot a 65 or 67 do you think he would have withdrawn? Had he not got

an appearance fee for playing 18 holes would he have shown up? No spasm ever on range at tournament only when he is way over par then the pain grimaces start for the predictable WD because he knows can't compete and does want to shot a ridiculous score.

His back spasms were at dinner with his agent Mark Scamberg (per interview on GC). It is comedy and amusement to watch this play out between some very good golf by many young players like Matsuyama, Thomas, Speith, etc.

I disdain that he does that no tip thing.

But you cant argue about the enormous work he has done for charity and the positive impact that TW has had on charitable causes and education.

And dont compare how TW has treated fans to anyone else. Guy has had landslides of kids and fans that, if left unrestrained, would crush each other. How do you react to that? And we dont always see the kndness he has shown others.

Overall, he has had a great impact on the game. You cant deny the fans know all to well what he has provided for them. Thats the key, the sport, the moments that made you marvel. He has done the impossible time and time again and people appreciate it.

:Quote:

Ok you made some very good points. I didn't mean that Tiger has not done some great things for the golf community. And while I was never a huge fan of his, I did really enjoy him lighting it up so many times.

Back to the Karma thing. Hell even OJ Simpson couldn't get away from it! LOL And Charlie Sheen too!

He's a liar, ask his ex-wife. Looked to be in pain fist round and looked to be on narcotic pain meds.

He won't officially retire yet. Going to schedule appearances then cancel or withdraw. The media loves to build him up and bash him at the same time. His brand is worth too much for him to go away. Too bad because there are so many good players they could talk about.

Narcotic pain meds...You've gotta be joking...Have you ever taken a red eye flight? Or perhaps one that was 17 hours to Dubai? Think of that, 71% of a day spent flying. Then you are expected to play tournament golf...It's posts like this that blow me away. Don't go making assumptions like this that you know aren't true.

Believe what you want to believe guy...Also what does his marriage have to do with any of this...

edit: words.

Um, it speaks to the man's sense of ethics? Perhaps you should read the first line of the post to which you replied.

A 15 hour airplane ride is not the best thing for someone with back issues. If he limits his travel he would have a much better chance at golfing without pain. Tough turning down that appearance money.

While not ideal, the dude is flying in a luxury private jet where he can lay down, walk around, and stretch his body as much as he wants. Let's not act like he's sitting in a 3 square foot middle seat, in economy class, on a 15 hour flight.

Jack is the greatest champion, Tiger is the greatest player

this argument is used by people who want to prop up tiger. its not needed. His legacy as 2nd best is great no need to invent criteria. Do you really think jack didnt have equal or greater ability than tiger?

Jack was consistently great for longer , but there is no doubt that Tigers best golf is the best golf there ever was. If not for the fire hydrant incident I honestly believe we wouldn't be havimg these discussions; Tiger would already have beaten Jacks and Sneads records. I think how much that whole drama took out of Tigers confidence is understated. Tiger