2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Ping Sigma G putters

skraly

Different places say different things as far as release date. Either way I am stoked.

Consumer release date is Feb 16th.

The Tyne is great! You're going to love it.

but when we ordered mine, was told ship date of Feb 1

Some may have shipped the first week in Feb but retailers can not issue preorders before the 16th. It'll be a nice late Vday present though. ;-)

Well, that sucks donkey dong. How am I supposed to look cool with it sitting in the clubhouse, and me on the putting green?

I gotta say, this is the most excited I have been about a new piece of equipment other than the iBlades in years. Ping, has really attacked my wallet the year

Pretty sad that the pro shop gets to meet thier minimums with thier opening order, and I am probably half of it. 3 new wedges, the putter, and a new DLX bag.

need to win a couple of tournaments, so I have some more pro shop credits, or this is going to be expensive....

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Thanks J! I like the 1/4 offset better than double bend too. I'm looking forward to trying these because I've putted my best rounds with a Ping putter in the bag, but they've been cold for me since the Scottsdale TR.

I've struggled with Ping inserts/faces. This one seems to roll better for me so i'm definitely going to give them a try.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Really interested in the Kinloch C. I'm practicing with an Evnroll ER2 right now, but I've always had a soft spot for center shafted putters as I've shot my best round ever with a Craz-E C (and they tend to work better for me as I just return the shaft to the ball, rather than worrying about putter face rotation, etc).

Is the new face like the evolved version of the TR face? When I bought the Evnroll they (MGS) talked a lot about how the TR face was very similar to the technology in the Evnroll and that it provided extra mustard on mishit putts so they go the same relative distance no matter where its hit on the face). Seems like that would be a technology that Ping would keep implementing in their putters.

TBD - G430 Max 15* - 818 H2 19*- Sub 70 Pro 23* - i525 6-U - SM9 54* / 58* / 62*  - F22

Different places say different things as far as release date. Either way I am stoked.

I just pre-ordered a Tyne and I'm pretty excited. I love the #7 to my eye but never bagged one because all of the Odyssey 7's had something I didn't like.

Nice clean finish- check

Single Alignment line- check

And most important...... Squared off instead of rounded like most odysseys- CHECK!

I just pre-ordered a Tyne and I'm pretty excited. I love the #7 to my eye but never bagged one because all of the Odyssey 7's had something I didn't like.

Nice clean finish- check

Single Alignment line- check

And most important...... Squared off instead of rounded like most odysseys- CHECK!

Great choice! The Tyne is phenomenal. I'm having a hard time choosing between that and the Kushin. Might just get both.

I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting to get my hands on a Signa G Anser. I could never forgive myself if I ordered one and after 5 minutes of putting with it, I didn't like the feel of it. I believe they're retailing on the 16th of this month. The waiting game sucks!

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I'm glad to see Ping bring back the D66 in this line of putters. The little extra flange really helps me keep the putter online through the swing. Interesting though, they label it as slight arc, but my D66 Redwood is strong arc.

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

but when we ordered mine, was told ship date of Feb 1

Some may have shipped the first week in Feb but retailers can not issue preorders before the 16th. It'll be a nice late Vday present though. ;-)

Looks like Ping shipped it "UPS HOLD FOR A WEEK THEN DELIVER". shipped on the 1st, but won't be delivered until Tuesday, the 14th. lol THAT SUCKS.

I know the release date is the 16th, but I would have been allowed, as the golf courses "official Ping guy" to at least see it before hand. When someone wants a Ping product, and they can't reach the rep, they call me to ask.

Man, that sounds really sad when I just read that out loud...

oh well

:smilie_ping:

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I have always enjoyed Ping putters because they sell (I believe) all their models in left handed.

Previously played the Scottsdale Pickemup, went to many different brands, then got back on a Tr Piper C, and played a bunch of good golf with that on the greens.

Im very happy with my Seemore, so I'll wait until some turn up for the right price (takes some time with Ping) and seriously consider the Ketsch B or the Kinloch C.

Whoever goes on to hit those two models would like to hear your thoughts, much appreciated!

Have been waiting on the Sigma G Anser, but after seeing it is only 340 grams, I am out. Sticking with the vault. 340 is just too light for me, and I'm not sticking lead tape on the sole. Maybe one day they'll realize the anser/anser2 should be at least 345 grams. Bummed about this one, really wanted it. Like the Kinloch design except for the curve on the rear. No way I could look down at that .

Can anyone offer feeeback on the vault anser 2 vs the Sigma g anser?

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Rolled the Doon CB at a demo today. Could not miss and it felt great. Like it a lot better than the Vault mallets and the look of the putter is so much nicer than the old TR putters. Pretty sure I'll be buying one.

Can you describe the feel? That Tyne keeps calling me but haven't seen one anywhere to test

Mine should be in today. I should be able to at least get a look at it and roll it before thursday

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Anyone have comparison pics of a tyne and odyssey 7? Perhaps also the er5 hatchback as that is also on my radar

WITB

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 rogue i/o 60x
Titleist 910f 15 degrees Rip a 80 Stiff
Titleist 909h 24 degree stiff
Ping IE 4-UW, Recoil 125 F4 (stiff)
Ping GLIDE 56 WS Recoil 125 F4
Callaway PM Grind 60 KBS tour V Wedge
Odyssey Protype Tour #9 / TM Ghost Spider Tour (black)

Probably a little early for this but just checking to see if anyone has had a chance to try one of the new Sigma G putters yet? Thoughts?

My Sigma G Tess came in today. Exactly to specs. Feel is a little more lively than the previous TR models but still very solid. Fit and finish are excellent. Comes with a nice magnetic headcover. The one on my 1966 Anser TR is velcro and is a little cheesy. I'll be taking it out on the course tomorrow so we'll see how it performs on bumpy winter greens.

Release date is tomorrow for everyone that is waiting to see them on the floor of their favorite golf shops.....

I got to at least "look and feel" my pre-ordered Tyne. it has a sound that i have to get used to.. plus the weight is different than I have ever used... I will definitely have to get used to it and figure out the speed. I have never had a putter that is more than what my Oslo / Nomes were, which is around 350ish...

This one is at 370 so its a little heavier. Love the look, and the grip is WAY better than the one that was on the Vault... I know its a grip. But I was hoping to like the stock grip on the Vault, and didnt. This one is much smaller and is very tacky and feels good in the hand. This one seems like a keeper.

Vault Oslo will be officially retired to the "collectors area" once I get the magic eraser after the grip and get it cleaned up and looking as new as I can. I am redoing the garage into a rec room. so I am thinking of building a display for the gazillion putters if have.

This one, back on topic, will be in the bag, not on display

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Release date is tomorrow for everyone that is waiting to see them on the floor of their favorite golf shops.....

I got to at least "look and feel" my pre-ordered Tyne. it has a sound that i have to get used to.. plus the weight is different than I have ever used... I will definitely have to get used to it and figure out the speed. I have never had a putter that is more than what my Oslo / Nomes were, which is around 350ish...

This one is at 370 so its a little heavier. Love the look, and the grip is WAY better than the one that was on the Vault... I know its a grip. But I was hoping to like the stock grip on the Vault, and didnt. This one is much smaller and is very tacky and feels good in the hand. This one seems like a keeper.

Vault Oslo will be officially retired to the "collectors area" once I get the magic eraser after the grip and get it cleaned up and looking as new as I can. I am redoing the garage into a rec room. so I am thinking of building a display for the gazillion putters if have.

This one, back on topic, will be in the bag, not on display

What makes the Sigma better than the Vault, in your opinion? I've read the Vault feels way better without the stock grip,

Ping G400 Max 10.5*
Ping G425 5W 
Ping G425 19* 3H
Srixon ZX5 4-P 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2+

1) they are completely different.

2) I like the weight of the Tyme I bought.

3) the vault actually sounds better. As the sigma has an audible ping click. Almost like it has a sound slot.

3) just always wanted a "wingback" putter.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I spent 90 minutes today in my club pro shop trying out various Sigma G models for a straight arc stroke. I rolled the Tyne, the Wolverine, the Darby the Kushin and the Kinloch C. I quickly dismissed the Kushin and the Kinloch C as non-mallet face balanced putters don't suit my stroke. I'm so upset to say that the fact that the Tyne, Wolverine and Darby each weigh 370g means they are too heavy for my stroke. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. For anyone, who hasn't seen them yet, they look incredible. The Tyne and Wolverine really looked appealing to me. The grip is very nice too. Similar shape to the SS flatso 1.0 although a fraction smaller in diameter I felt.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I spent 90 minutes today in my club pro shop trying out various Sigma G models for a straight arc stroke. I rolled the Tyne, the Wolverine, the Darby the Kushin and the Kinloch C. I quickly dismissed the Kushin and the Kinloch C as non-mallet face balanced putters don't suit my stroke. I'm so upset to say that the fact that the Tyne, Wolverine and Darby each weigh 370g means they are too heavy for my stroke. To say I'm gutted is an understatement. For anyone, who hasn't seen them yet, they look incredible. The Tyne and Wolverine really looked appealing to me. The grip is very nice too. Similar shape to the SS flatso 1.0 although a fraction smaller in diameter I felt.

Did you hit the kinloch cb? What weight did you want the Tyne to be at? If you had to pick what was your favorite putter? And did I read this correctly that your a straight to slight arc putting stroke player?

Thanks for post.

I gave them a try at GG today and came very close to buying a Kushin. My problem with it was the platinum finish. EVERYTHING smudged it. The store guy was taking the plastic off when I walked in and when he handed it to me, you could see fingerprints. Tried to wipe it off with my finger and just ended up with a bigger smudge.

It wasn't rough treatment, it just showed everything. It was way too distracting for me looking down. I take pretty good care of my equipment, but I don't want to be cleaning it during a round.

If it's the kind of thing that bothers you, I'd take a pretty close look at the finish.

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

Just got back from PGA SS and rolling these putters. They had the full line up with exception of the Tyne. Of course that's the one I wanted most to see. Playing a 1W Odyssey now, the Kushin is close to making the cut but there is just something that doesn't fit my eye. Having played the 1W for so long, I am just used to that shape and the Kushin is just a bit boxier. At $179 it was hard to walk away from though. I really liked the feel and balance of the Doon CB but the sound put me off. Too much of a ringing sound at impact. Even with all my Seinfeld pickiness, I loved the feel of these putters. They are very soft but not Odyssey soft. They have a great sound at impact in most cases. The grips are fantastic. I am not sure if Wynn makes them for Ping but they are very very close to being Superstrokes with different texture. The fit and finish is fantastic and the price is in the perfect sweet spot. I think Ping has knocked this one out of the park. Now if I can just test that Tyne. I checks all the boxes for me on weight, face balance and looks.

Did you hit the kinloch cb? What weight did you want the Tyne to be at? If you had to pick what was your favorite putter? And did I read this correctly that your a straight to slight arc putting stroke player?

Thanks for post.

I didn't try the kinloch cb unfortunately as cb putters don't suit me. I would've liked for the Tyne to be at 350g. In terms of appearance, I liked the Wolverine the best. It's like a better looking PING Rustler in my opinion. The Tyne and Wolverine weigh the same but to me, the Tyne felt a little lighter and I felt that I had slightly more control on distance with it. I don't think that was just mental either as they weigh the same and I had my heart set on the Wolverine before putting any of them. The Darby weighs the same but the look of it isn't for me. Yes, I have a straight arc stroke. If you have any more questions, please ask. I will try my best to answer them.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star